rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How did the sex vs gender distinction come about?

With the rise of the trannnie movement we are now hearing more and more about how there's a difference between sex and gender as if they were two things completely distinct things that can be separated from each other with no fuss. When exactly did this become to be accepted and widespread and what was the history in the development of these two concepts?

I'm not quite sure but I'd blame the moral degeneracy that has become a staple of the left.

I'm hoping someone in this thread can give me good material if possible to use in an argument against "gender and sex are two completely different things!!" aka SJW cucks.

I haven't studied much on this topic.

It's Gender Schema Theory. Invented in 1981 by Sandra Bem, a.k.a. Patient Zero.

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

There's a great ROK article by Max Roscoe here that goes into the origins of the word "gender" and the scumbag that coined and promoted the term, John Money.

Gender Schema Theory as Paracelsus correctly points out is when the change of semantics really started gaining ground in the public consciousness. The "gender is a social construct" idea can defintely be traced back to this.

This was and still is heavily promoted by feminists and college students who apparantly have no issue with John Money and his behaviour. College students probably don't know the origins of the term they so vociferously advocate, even though a quick google search would give them that.

Then again, I wonder what difference that would make since these people essentially think that putting plastic bunny ears on a dog would make him a rabbit.

John Money's 'experiments' pretty much debunked the notion of gender being only a 'social construct' anyway, yet the far left continues to promote the anti-scientific myth that gender is simply what one "feels like" regardless of biology:

When John Money was working as a shrink, he recommended that a couple raise their son as a girl (due to his penis being cut off in a botched circumcision) - but when the kid reached teenage years he still came out and identified as a boy anyway despite being raised as a "girl" from day one, proving gender is biological.

(The kid eventually committed suicide as a result of the trauma to boot; and this is what the far left is continuing to encourage by promoting transgenderism - and of course they excuse it by just blaming "bullying" for every tyranny suicide).

Quote: (04-09-2016 10:53 PM)Paracelsus Wrote:  

Within anthropology, the term 'sex/gender system' was introduced in Gayle Rubin's 1975 landmark essay 'The Traffic in Women: Notes on the Political Economy of Sex', where it was defined as 'the set of arrangements by which a society transforms biological sexuality into products of human activity, and in which these transformed sexual needs are satisfied'. That is, gender is produced by culture in the anthropological sense and is therefore distinct from biological sex. This was seen as a novel insight at the time.

Interestingly, Rubin later distanced herself from these ideas, became an S/M dyke activist and in the mid-eighties developed the 'charmed circle', a hierarchical model of sexual desires and practices that criticized favored groups like the 'good gays' and normalized transgenders and pedophiles. For this, she was attacked by her fellow academic feminists of the era, but three decades later it is clear that her ideas are gaining acceptance.

Quote:Quote:

In 1944, she was born Sandra Ruth Lipsitz to a Jewish family in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

[Image: giphy.gif]

They clearly have an agenda that they are pushing. Once gay marriage was legal, I woke up the next day to all this transgender bullshit!!

Globalist garbage in order to divide people further i presume.

Nationalism needs to be eroded from within by creating a populace whose foremost loyalty is not to family and country ... which is the basis of any healthy society, but to irrelevant identification markers like gay, transgender, Hispanic or other bullshit like that.

Lifestyle choices like willing to get your cock sniped off and dressing like a woman or looking forward to fellating another guy until the cum hits the back of your throat should not be politicized.

When it is, it creates a silent civil war and like in any war ... people get over-zealous.

These zealots now hate their own countrymen and would put the interests of their stupid little manufactured faction over the greater good. I'm willing to bet most LGBT people are willing to vote into office someone who applauds and shakes the hand of Caitlyn Jenner, rather than someone who loves their country.

Apply that strategy to other aspects (race) and create even more groups (anti-gender, gender-fluid, pedophiles, people who engage in incest) and politicize it. The Belgians did the same in Rwanda. Created two ethnic groups (Hutu & Tutsi) out of nowhere. Simply pulled it out of their ass.

You now have a divided nation which has lost it's allegiance to Family, God and Country & is ripe for the taking. Apply some lube and pound away.

I just want the perpetrators hanged within my lifetime hopefully.

I had recently gone through the application pages of MBA Schools.

I shit you not , MIT SLOAN school of management's Application has a whole option on 'what you identify as' in its 'add your information' page for the applicant.You can select Male as your biological Gender and then you can select from the drop down menu what you identify as ie. Male ,Female,Bi,transgender etc.
On the same page there is a whole link on their 'non discriminatory policies on Sex'.

And here I thought Massachusetts Institute of Technology was a School that was built on the name of 'Science' [Image: dodgy.gif]

leftists are sick in the head

What's really ironic is that the same group pushing that gender is a social construct are also insisting that homosexuality be considered a biological construct:

"Gender is a social construct... but being gay is genetic".

...yeah

The ROK article on John Money was pretty spot on.

Quote: (04-28-2016 03:12 PM)Chetthebaker Wrote:  

http://www.returnofkings.com/75405/a-mod...r-movement

Here it is for anyone his interested; apparently the founder of the whole "gender is a social construct" idea touted by today's left was also an apologist for pedophilia:

“If I were to see the case of a boy aged 10 or 11 who’s intensely erotically attracted towards a man in his twenties or thirties, if the relationship is totally mutual, and the bonding is genuinely totally mutual… then I would not call it pathological in any way.” - John Money

Bingo. A butch, androgynous, Jewish harpy invented this "intellectual" line of "thinking". The seeds of discontent are strong with those groups.

[Image: SandraBemProfile.jpg]

John Michael Kane's Datasheets: Master The Credit Game: Save & Make Money By Being Credit Savvy
Boycott these companies that hate men: King's Wiki Boycott List

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Quote: (04-28-2016 03:12 PM)Chetthebaker Wrote:  

Yeah, it was money.

“Nothing is more useful than to look upon the world as it really is.”

Quote: (04-11-2016 09:15 PM)Anabasis to Desta Wrote:  

Globalist garbage in order to divide people further i presume.

Nationalism needs to be eroded from within by creating a populace whose foremost loyalty is not to family and country ... which is the basis of any healthy society, but to irrelevant identification markers like gay, transgender, Hispanic or other bullshit like that.

Lifestyle choices like willing to get your cock sniped off and dressing like a woman or looking forward to fellating another guy until the cum hits the back of your throat should not be politicized.

This has always been my take on it, without knowing the actual academic sources of it. Wherever it came from, it should never have been given oxygen, and the fact that it is not only being taken seriously, but pushed relentlessly, agenda after agenda, should tell us all we need to know.

1: First they kill the community.
2: Then they kill the family unit.
3: Next they destroy the individual.

With regard to point 3, gender politics not only confuses individuals, it destroys whole families and societies. For example, telling your Mum you are gay, or a lesbian trapped in a man's body, does not usually go down very well. Mum gets to find out she ain't gonna be having grandkids, with the added benefit of 'what will the neighbours say?'. So it's all good. Destruction all around.

I'm noticing a marked increase in not just openly gay men and women lately, but a very distinct 'fuck you I'm a gay/dyke' attitude of the kids walking down the street, dressing provocatively with a 'come on then, just come on, I dare you, just say something, just mention my sexuality, I dare you' look on their faces. They are falling apart. They are crying out. And of course, when no one says anything they get even more upset they can not play the victim.

I've got some more information about how this is being brought about here now by the people in 'power' in the UK. I've been looking for a thread to post it in, but will just keep formulating it and perhaps start a new thread about it. Or maybe I'll just outline some points and if people think it is new-thread worthy, I'll do that.

I can't really answer with any confidence Wutang, where all this shit came from, but I have a pretty good idea of where it is going. In the UK there have been some very serious advancements in this area lately.

As usual, most people don't know it is happening. Those that do, don't care. Those that care, don't want to risk what they have being taken from them (jobs, money, housing). Then there are those that think it's a great idea (the 1 percent maybe).

It takes a lot to shock me, and I'm ready for anything, but still, not even I was prepared for some of the things I just came across this very week. I'll try to dig some stuff out just to show what I'm talking about, if nobody minds. It is as relevant here as elsewhere I suppose.

It might even answer your question Wutang, in a paraphrased kind of way: How does the sex vs. gender distinction come about, today?

It's all bullshit.
The word"sex" traditionally is usedfor living beings where there is abiologicaldifference (e.g.man,woman.)
The word"gender" was traditionally used in grammar. In many languages, nouns have a gender, which is solely a grammatical concept. For example, in Spanish the man (el hombre) is male because it is naturally so (natural gender) whereas the tree (el arbol) is masculine but the wood (what you buy at a lumber yard) is femenine (la madera) but the wood/woods (a bunch of trees) is el bosque (masc.) but the jungle (la selva) is feminine.
The whole concept of referring to people's"gender" is stupid.

Ok, this is what I am talking about.

In the past couple of weeks, Brighton and Hove council have been sending out letters to the parents of pre-school children, asking them what 'gender identity' they have. That's right. You read it right. This is not a hoax or a joke. It's happening. They are asking parents of 3 year old children if their child is gay or bi or trans, so they can place them better in the school classes.

For those not familiar with Brighton, it is considered the 'gay capitol' of the UK. You go there to be gay, or if you want to be gay and open about it. Brighton is also called 'London-by-the-sea' and is considered probably the most 'coolest' place in the UK apart from Big Bad London, of course.

Another thing you need to know, is that increasingly there are quotas by local authorities to install minorities to make up percentage demographics. So, they HAVE to have a certain percentage of black people and a certain percentage of gay people to make up their ranks. It's law, and they have to obey.

Apart from the increased preponderance of overtly gay adolescents, I have noticed a marked increase in the amount of homosexuals working for the local authority councils. I would now put them in the majority, as about 6 out of 10 of the people I recently dealt with, were obviously gay - I'm talking men, it's a bit harder to identify a 'gay' women over the phone, coz you know, they all talk butch these days, but men don't tend to talk like that unless they are in some kind of 'gay bubble' and really feel like they can act with impunity.

I'm getting ahead of myself here and writing the article I wanted to write in a hurried, Friday evening fashion. So I'll stop now. But this is only half the story. And it is the lesser shocking half. Hopefully I have whetted your appetites and hopefully Wutang doesn't mind me 'going off a bit' on this one.

Some links to back up what I have said:

(Please read the comments sections of the articles. You will be amazed, or not, at the sheer amount of resistance to this, but still they (govt.) persist. You will see Gentlemen, that we are not the minority at all)

http://www.theargus.co.uk/education/1444...ies_shows/

GENDER stereotyping may start as young as three months, according to a study of babies' cries.

Adults attribute degrees of femininity and masculinity to babies based on the pitch of their cries, as shown by a new study by researchers

http://www.theargus.co.uk/education/1444..._question/

THE city council has been labelled a "laughing stock" after sending out forms asking parents which gender their "three-year-old children “most identify with”.

Councillor Dawn Barnett said it had gone too far in trying to be politically correct by urging parents to support their child’s choice of gender identity in a letter confirming primary school places this week.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/education/1443...ng_school/

CHILDREN as young as four have been asked by the council which gender they most identify with before starting school.

Brighton and Hove City Council wrote to parents urging them to support their child’s choice of gender identity in a letter confirming primary school places this week.

The letter asked them to leave the gender section of a form blank if their child considered itself neither male or female and instead had another gender identity altogether.

The letter was sent to thousands of parents preparing to send kids to new schools later this year.

Regarding my last post. I don't want to get too ahead of myself here, and I don't want to over ride Wutang's OP. But there are a couple of things I feel need saying, nonetheless.

How the hell does a 3 year old child know what 'sexuality' it has? It isn't even self-aware at that point, let alone of others (I'm no expert in the field), let alone of its feelings towards others, be those feelings sexual or not. Are these people asking us to probe our children for their innermost sexual thoughts? Yes they are.

If my parents had probed me as to my sexuality, at 3 years of age, I would not have felt abused, I would have just wondered what the fuck they were getting at. Sex? What is that? Can you explain it to me, I don't know what it is? Not that I would have been able to formulate an argument like that at 3.

It seems to me this is a push, in a well directed area (Brighton - gay centre of UK), to fudge (sorry) the statistics regarding pre-school, pre-pubescent children. They are preaching to the demographic, so to speak, for want of a better phrase.

Of all the places in the UK to roll this out, you choose the 'gay' capital. Try that in Manchester or Leeds and see what you get!

So pretty soon, all these gay people, with 'gay/bi/trans' children/babies are going to get more of a say, as they are more 'representative' of the populus. Very clever doing this in Brighton. It's not like people who live there have an agenda or a vested interest or anything.

Most the people in Brighton will be heterosexual, but will say nothing for fear of being besieged by lots of pink lipstick wearing feather duster waving slightly thonged lunatics, shouting in a thinly veiled lisp: Dithcwimination, before pouting and quickly moving their heads to one side, then back again, giving a quick shake of the bum, then storming off in a huff, even after they get their own way. Fuck, these gender benders are worse than women!

I'd keep my mouth shut too. For more than one reason.

I need to stop.

This serious article I was going to write is not going in the direction I was hoping for!

I'm going to go to the local supermarket to see if I can find any white knights...