rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

crash and burn

crash and burn

Guys who are going to try and pick up girls on the cold approach are going to get it wrong sometimes. This was one of those times, kind of embarrassing for yours truly. I had a strange and defensive reaction her saying she was not single. And this was compounded my some bad self-talk "oh no this is so awkward now!!!" type internal dialogue.

The scene is the local supermarket around 9pm. There is around 3 or 4 minutes of line ahead of us. I respect the 3 second rule and just start with anything.

T How is your night going?
Cutey: I went to a movie with my mom. Hows yours?
T I went to a date, but we didn't click. I actually organised it through a friend of my mom, and it was a blind date. Are you single?
[this was a fact, but I don't like this, it sounds desperate]
Cutey: No
T: I thought you went to a movie with your mom? Didn't you say *your mom*?
[Oh god this was a such a dumb thing to say because of course a girl with a partner can go to the movie with her mom. I should have just said - "i find it so hard to tell if a girl is single or not without asking.". Can anyone give me a good line if they say they're not single?]
Cutey: Yes I did [defensive]
T: Oh, did you do that as a nice thing for your mom?
Cutey: Yes, I did. [volunteering] We went to see changeling with Angelina Jolie.
T: How was it?
[recovered into small talk]..blah blah... we waited until the end of the line chatting about odd stuff.

I crashed and burned, but of course I rocked for doing it. I always feel like a man when I approach, and a pussy when I don't.

"For the true meaning of victory ask the defeated warrior"

crash and burn

I seem to remember Roosh saying somewhere, maybe in Bang or maybe on his website, that you shouldn't ask a girl if she is single or not. She will let you know if there is a problem.

crash and burn

It wasn't that bad overall.

crash and burn

I actually think the 'are you single?' line is a good line to practice.

THis one was blown away, and her first reaction was like "what did he just ask me?" - I mean, it was a very surprising thing for her.

Girls want to know a guy is socially OK before they give their number or start in volunteering info. So thats the downside. Thats where some kind of body language that you are prepared to leave or can just walk away is important - because it sends the message that you acknowledge her space to tell you to go away.

She opened up a bit to me towards the end when she realised I was 'normal'. If I could relax more there would have been more humour too, again, practice for me. Grist for the mill. That line is just the most basic indicator interest (apart from "I like you"!) and I'm using it as a way of getting comfortable being upfront with girls about my interest in them. Its not about so much getting the girl, as a practice for me.

A very very pretty girl.

crash and burn

Asking "Are you single" is better than asking "Do you have a boyfriend".

crash and burn

I would have to say that both of those lines suck in the given context (in line at a grocery store). I would have to say that was a pretty hard crash and burn, category 4.

crash and burn

It felt that way at the time. But it was a great experience.