rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Latest Win For Social Justice Warriors in Australia

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/...y-comments

There was an article on ROK a while ago about how AFL is now a huge promoter of trendy social justice issues like "diversity", and this is the latest step in this. This show used to be all about blokey banter, now they will have to tread lightly with a woman on the front desk. Pathetic. Women have no place commenting on football! Very sad to see even Sam Newman (who I thought was red pill) spruiking "diversity"

hahaha we posted this at the exact same time.

Quote: (03-29-2016 07:06 PM)Dominance Wrote:  

hahaha we posted this at the exact same time.

SNAP! haha. Yeah I was outraged too. For all its flaws, The Footy Show was pretty much the only show left on Australian TV that was untarnished by feminism. Won't be watching this anymore.. remember the shitstorm the Chris Gayle incident caused? It pretty much was the number one news story in Australia for a week. The fellas on the show are going to adapt quickly or they are going to be cannon fodder..

The reason why this all pisses me off is that I couldn't give two shits if women want to watch their own shows catered to them, hang out at their own places with other women to talk about women issues etc. Why are they so insistent in invading every single male dominated aspect of society?

There's been a big push to make AFL and similar sports 'family friendly'. I remember when Russel Crowe pushed for his Rabbitohs rugby team to replace its cheerleaders with a band. People complained, but they hardly stopped supporting the team.

I think its a pure business decision to try to make the show more appealing to women, but they're forgetting that once you add a woman to the mix, the magic dynamic will cease to be. Ironically the cheeky locker room banter is what made the show appealing to men AND women in the first place. Sam Newman had been reprimanded for 'sexist' remarks so many times over the years, but only ever got token punishment because the producers knew exactly how important his attitude was in making the show entertaining.

The only thing that will stop this 'diversity' invasion are the natural consequences of it. If (when) the show's ratings take a dive they will either remove the woman, or double down and the Footy Show will decline into irrelevancy.