rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

June/July travel - Live in Europe or SA? work.

Hi all,

Okay, so I need to pull the trigger soon. I have decided between a few destinations.

First of all I will have roughly 1-2 months of living or traveling. I will be working mostly during the day. I'd like a place where there is a nightlife, ability to meet new people, cute girls, good food.

I have two options I was thinking:

Budapest, Hungary: I was thinking of going to Budapest, setting up in an apartment and living life there for a month or so. I can spend the weekends taking a train to other cities, or flying into a beach somewhere. Maybe check out Finland or Poland. Sopot?

Medellin, Colombia: Same plan here, rent an apartment for a month or so and see how it goes. I could jet to Brazil or Argentina and spend some time there as well. (My spanish is beginner - intermediate) No bueno tbh.

Overall, I have been to Budapest before and the party scene is ideal there. Never been to Columbia, but have heard good things.

Where would I have more fun overall as an American white guy? I'm open to other options, as long as the internet is sufficient. Ideas?

I would say that if your goal is to get to see other places europe is a way better deal, South American flights are not very cheap.

I'm currently more into european girls. I'm from latin america. So europe is also a better deal for me with single ladies. Girls are way warmer in latin america, here they actually show when they like you.

A setup in Budapest seems more ideal to me, and it's not expensive at all.

I'm in the same boat need to find something good for july-september. I'll be watching this thread.

As an American white guy, you'll get more of the WGF (white God factor) in SA.

Plus you've never been to Medellin, but you've been to Budapest. Might as well check out the place you haven't been to.

Quote: (03-30-2016 02:41 AM)262 Wrote:  

As an American white guy, you'll get more of the WGF (white God factor) in SA.

Cosign. I would recommend white guys to go to South America more than Europe any time. The white god factor down there is strong, possibly a bit stronger than in Asia.

This is all true about the white god factor, but not necessarily in Medellin. Of the four places I've lived in Latin America - Guatemala, interior Mexico, Medellin, and Argentina, being white was least useful to me in Medellin.

Quote: (03-29-2016 05:31 PM)trojans10 Wrote:  

Budapest, Hungary: I was thinking of going to Budapest, setting up in an apartment and living life there for a month or so. I can spend the weekends taking a train to other cities, or flying into a beach somewhere. Maybe check out Finland or Poland. Sopot?

Medellin, Colombia: Same plan here, rent an apartment for a month or so and see how it goes. I could jet to Brazil or Argentina and spend some time there as well. (My spanish is beginner - intermediate) No bueno tbh.

Overall, I have been to Budapest before and the party scene is ideal there. Never been to Columbia, but have heard good things.

Where would I have more fun overall as an American white guy? I'm open to other options, as long as the internet is sufficient. Ideas?

Financially, I think Europe makes better sense in June & July.

July in South America = School is out for winter break. Flights between cities can be expensive even off peak season...but a $60.00-$80.00 flight even within Brazil can jump to $200+ in July.

I'm not saying Europe is by all means cheap...but it's likely the better value if we are including July in the mix.

"White God" factor really varies from city to city and region to region in just about every continent, country, etc. That's just oversimplifying things.

Quote: (03-30-2016 11:22 AM)Brosemite Wrote:  

Quote: (03-29-2016 05:31 PM)trojans10 Wrote:  

Financially, I think Europe makes better sense in June & July.

July in South America = School is out for winter break. Flights between cities can be expensive even off peak season...but a $60.00-$80.00 flight even within Brazil can jump to $200+ in July.

I'm not saying Europe is by all means cheap...but it's likely the better value if we are including July in the mix.

"White God" factor really varies from city to city and region to region in just about every continent, country, etc. That's just oversimplifying things.

Thanks guys! Good feedback.

Any other recommendations btw? I'm open to new things!

Russia

The expensive travel period of July in South America typically ends early August. 2016 is a special year due to the Summer Olympics! So if you wait till August..well..those same expensive flights within Latin America will carry over into the next month because of the games.

If you are intent on living in South America and doing travels within the continent, you could maybe wait till September (if that's a possibility). If you want to live in South America and stay within one location while doing bus travel to other cities, then sure June/July 2016 would be good.

The advantages of traveling within Europe June/July 2016 are: 1) later sunsets for daygaming 2) local women in any given city possibly being in town and 3) getting to meet student tourists that opt to travel late June and July, which are cheaper months than say August.

search.php?a...dd4d920015

Seems you can't make up your mind. At some point you are just going to need to figure it out and choose for yourself.

This ain't a full service forum. Read all of the data sheets. Post your experiences here later and contribute.