rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Thailand - Dec 2015/NYE Mini datasheet/1 month trip report

Hi all, I’ve not long joined but have lurked for a while - found my way here after a harsh break-up last year. Very luckily I already had this epic trip to Thailand booked and it couldn’t have been better timing …

A month was the perfect amount of time to explore this crazy country - I followed the usual tourist cities/islands route to a T and don’t think there’s anything wrong with doing that. I was travelling with 3 close friends around my age (26-29), we stayed in average-good hotels and I booked nearly everything in advance.

I researched a lot before hand and booked what I thought were the best spots but was way off at times. As we all know good logistics are essential to maximising your game and after experiencing each place first hand, I can safely say where the perfect locations are in relation to the main tourist nightlife areas. My count could have been double if I had stayed at these places …

(Keep in mind that women-wise I focused almost exclusively on other tourists. While I did have a taste of the local women, they just don’t do it for me. If you are going for quality Thai girls the following accommodations/areas are possibly the worst places to stay/visit!)

Bangkok (3 nights)
Stay at: Koh San Palace hotel. Right in the middle of the famous Koh San Road - backpacker central, a non-stop crazy place. Actually a complete shit hole in reality - dirty, smelly, noisy, you get hassled every 2 minutes .. but for some reason I fucking loved it. Unlike anywhere I’ve been to and people from all over, 3 days/nights is probably enough though.
1 Thai flag

Chiang Mai (6 nights)
Stay at: MD House (A hostel so book a private room). Right near Zoe in Yellow which is the main bar that almost everyone ends up at in the Old City area of CM. Note that most of the back-packer bars here close early - 12pm sharp, so start out and approach earlier. You don’t need to spend this long here if you are mainly coming for the girls - I‘d say 3/4 nights is plenty. Aside from that this place has tons of activities to do in the day, definitely rent a scooter and explore the mountains. Saw some decent Muay Thai here too.
1 Swedish Flag

Phuket (3 nights)
Stay at: Millenium Resort. Patong Beach in Phuket definitely won’t be everyone’s cup of tea. I hated it at first but it kind of grew on me - the main strip, Bangla Road, is an eye opener - ANYTHING goes. Lots of horny Russians and Scandis around for fairly easy pickings from the various superclubs on the main strip, this hotel is 1 min away and has a pool. 3 nights is about right.
1 Finnish Flag

Koh Phi Phi (4 nights)
Stay at: Ibiza House, this is right on Phi Phi’s nightlife ‘strip’, which is actually the main beach, with 5/6 bars dotted along. Stay here and you have a 3 minute walk back from any of the bars. Phi Phi is small so most hotels/hostels wouldn’t be far anyway, but this has to be the prime position. They also have a weekly pool party which we missed. Lots of gorgeous young girls on this island - probably more so than anywhere else we went to.
1 American Flag

Koh Samui (4 nights)
Stay at: Ark Bar Beach Resort. This is a huge collection of mini-apartments right by the beach and more importantly, in the absolute best spot in this area. Ark is a huge bar where everyone starts the night off at. A good crowd will stay and party on the beach so you have a 2 min walk back to your pad, or Green Mango - the main club in Chaweng, is still only 5 mins away. For the first 2 nights we stayed 15 mins away from this area and it cost me dearly!!
1 Russian Flag

Koh Phangan (5 nights)
Stay at: Paradise Bungalows or Tommy Resort. Both are right on Haad Rin beach - the main nightlife strip on this island and home of the famous Full Moon parties. For something different get yourself a shroom shake from the last bar on the beach (up on the rocks) - not something that I am usually interested in, but it certainly was an ‘experience‘ … Book accommodation well in advance is you are staying over NYE or for a FM party.
1 more Russian на удачу

I hope this helps someone out and adds a tiny bit of value to this awesome forum. I realise Thailand has been done to death on here but I couldn’t find anything too specific or that up-to-date regarding where to stay. This trip opened my eyes to the wider world and I’d recommend it to anyone. Get your flights booked [Image: smile.gif]

This is what anyone's first post on the forum should generally be.

Welcome home.

+1 rep for the datasheet and not making a pointless first thread.

Quote: (03-24-2016 10:40 AM)SanMiguel Wrote:  

Phuket (3 nights)
Stay at: Millenium Resort. Patong Beach in Phuket definitely won’t be everyone’s cup of tea. I hated it at first but it kind of grew on me - the main strip, Bangla Road, is an eye opener - ANYTHING goes. Lots of horny Russians and Scandis around for fairly easy pickings from the various superclubs on the main strip, this hotel is 1 min away and has a pool. 3 nights is about right.
1 Finnish Flag

This is why I fucking love Phuket.

All the flavors of the world at your fingertips, and I have a weakness for those Russians....

You can always release tension at a massage joint if you luck out.

Great food, cheap drinks, and great diving as well. A Poosey Paradise to be sure.

Quote: (03-24-2016 06:16 PM)RatInTheWoods Wrote:  

Phuket (3 nights)
1 Finnish Flag

All the flavors of the world at your fingertips, and I have a weakness for those Russians....

Great food, cheap drinks, and great diving as well. A Poosey Paradise to be sure.

You are the first person I have ever heard refer to Phuket as a "Poosey Paradise" [Image: icon_razz.gif] Having said that, I don't mind the place myself if we're talking about gaming tourist girls in regular bars/clubs and staying away from Go Go bars.

OP, how would you compare Phuket and Koh Samui? Which is better for gaming regular, non-hooker tourist girls? Are there any other happening nightlife options other than Ark Bar and Green Mango in Samui?

Also, how were the gender ratios for the Christmas and/or New Years FMP's on Koh Phangan?

Quote: (03-24-2016 07:33 PM)Adrenaline Wrote:  

Quote: (03-24-2016 06:16 PM)RatInTheWoods Wrote:  

Phuket (3 nights)
1 Finnish Flag

You are the first person I have ever heard refer to Phuket as a "Poosey Paradise" [Image: icon_razz.gif] Having said that, I don't mind the place myself if we're talking about gaming tourist girls in regular bars/clubs and staying away from Go Go bars.

OP, how would you compare Phuket and Koh Samui? Which is better for gaming regular, non-hooker tourist girls? Are there any other happening nightlife options other than Ark Bar and Green Mango in Samui?

Also, how were the gender ratios for the Christmas and/or New Years FMP's on Koh Phangan?

Hmm Phuket vs Koh Samui - I preferred KS but think Phuket is probably better for gaming. There's more options for clubs/bars in Phuket but the ladyboy/pro numbers were way too high for my liking, KS still has plenty though so you can't escape it entirely! I'd say Ark and GM are the main 2 in Koh Samui, there was another club nearby that opens later than both but it was slim pickings on the 1 night I went. & Yeah I didn't waste any time in the Go Go bars anywhere on the trip - not my scene.

Gender ratios on Koh Phangan around NYE were probably the worst out of all the places - not terrible, just no way near as good as say Phi Phi which had a better ratio AND higher quality girls. I still loved KP but it isn't best if gaming is your main objective. Flights or boats between the islands are so cheap I'd go for a few nights on each and cover all bases.