rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

"Obesity Epedemic Continues to Spread" - Except in DC?

As a group we tend to talk about how gross girls in DC-MD-VA are. But every statistic I've come across always points to the DC area as having the lowest obesity rates, highest gym attendance, etc. In this study, DC is next to last after Colorado in adult obesity:

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/230780.php

Obviously it's easy to hide the fat in these numbers since it includes the male population as well, across all ages, etc. And 21% is still horrible number. But here is something I was surprised to see - in 1990, DC had the #2 obesity rate in the country at 14%. It has only increased 6% over the past 20 years while the 50 states have exploded...http://healthyamericans.org/assets/files...nFat10.pdf

What do you make of this? The data set could be refined better for purposes of finding areas that have not been taken over by fatties if it drilled down to 18-30 year old female demographic. Breaking it down by metro area / zip code wouldn't be bad either...

these surveys are all more of less worthless. while DC is by no means the fattest city its not SoCal, AZ, Miami, etc

Quote: (07-09-2011 10:28 PM)Brian Wrote:  

these surveys are all more of less worthless. while DC is by no means the fattest city its not SoCal, AZ, Miami, etc

Too true. These surveys mean shit. Here is the only survey that counts: visit DC and tell me what you see.

DC is full of chubby white girls. I don't know why so many white girls in DC are chubby, but damn there are a lot of them there.

Other parts of the country have fatties; however, these women tend to be older, married and with kids, so it is at least partly understandable why they got fat.

In DC, even the young, single white chicks are mostly chubby. Ugh.

Don't know how Roosh managed to live in DC as long as he did.

most people who spend any significant amount of time in DC do so for one of two reasons (and often both) - 1) job and 2) family

Quote: (07-10-2011 08:34 AM)Easy E Wrote:  

Quote: (07-09-2011 10:28 PM)Brian Wrote:  

Too true. These surveys mean shit. Here is the only survey that counts: visit DC and tell me what you see.

DC is full of chubby white girls. I don't know why so many white girls in DC are chubby, but damn there are a lot of them there.

And LA is full of fat black and hispanic chicks, plus fat white girls from lame suburbs. My SoCal hood has no fatties, none, but the gluttonous hordes come visit from adjacent areas. Money, class, education, fatness, race, and area are all highly interconnected here.

Poor, overweight Blacks have been gentrified out of the District itself replaced by white yuppies who keep better care of themselves. A better statistic would be to compare Metro Statistical Areas (MSAs), which is how the census tries to represent a cities true size including suburbs.

Quote: (07-24-2011 12:37 PM)beta_plus Wrote:  

Poor, overweight Blacks have been gentrified out of the District itself replaced by white yuppies who keep better care of themselves. A better statistic would be to compare Metro Statistical Areas (MSAs), which is how the census tries to represent a cities true size including suburbs.

this process has started to happen but honestly i think they're having more kids as fast as they're moving out. certain area's have been developed but the notion that most of DC is now safe and fully of white yuppies is crazy

El Paso's the fattest city I've ever been to, however Houston & Dallas are quite fat as well.