rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Wealth Protection During the State of Emergency

Hey guys,

It's been one hell of a few weeks, and I'm not as informed as the best of you, but I've been keeping informed as much as I can.

A thought came to mind when I tried to think what Roosh is thinking right now, and it came to wealth protection. It seems that while Roosh has started on the right track for his protection: being mobile. Owning property, as he found out last week via the attack on his parents, makes you a target in this day and age.

Another element is having a citizenship. It seems that based on unique identifiers shared by States around the world, Roosh may not be able to enter Australia again. Soon Canada? And then who knows.

This last one of course Roosh has no control over...but what about his wealth? What happens when some angry man or woman at a bank decides to freeze his funds? What happens when or if he becomes a serious political threat?

Why is Roosh not protecting his loyal followers identities when they donate? Why isn't he protecting his own wealth in all the modern ways a man should?

I'm going to make the only logical suggestion that at this point, Roosh should go 100% bitcoin--regardless of the slight price flux, at this point the exposure to price changes is outweighed by his public exposure. Roosh's fan's public exposure is not free from this as well.

I don't want to make this thread about the technical aspects or price forecasts. The general bitcoin thread is there for that. What I'm here to do today is to talk to you folks about the benefits of protecting your wealth with 256-bit encryption and an immutable ledger.

Roosh, we've met and hung out, and some of my friends are people you talk to daily. I make a living on bitcoin every day, and not through purely speculating, but by providing it to the actual consumer. At this point, I feel confident enough (it was different even 6 months ago) that you can go full bitcoin donations (paypal will soon cancel your account anyway), and go full bitcoin savings. I and others on this forum can help you get there. Let's do this.

It's a good idea to separate oneself from PayPal once there's anything controversial about your business, but as far as I understand Bitcoin, it's not completely anonymous and therefore wouldn't completely protect the donors' identity. However, the hurdle to identify someone is significantly higher than a polite email to PayPal HQ. I'm not saying you're wrong - you're the professional, but out of interest, maybe you could elaborate a bit on the privacy aspects of Bitcoin and how much resources would have to be spent going back up the block chain to positively identify someone?

Another option could be to use something like Stripe and a company + bank account in a stable location like Hong Kong. I assume the criteria you need to fulfill to get boycotted by Visa, MasterCard and AMEX is a lot tougher than with PayPal.

Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen.

I don't know much about bitcoin but I do know from experience that leaving a pile of cash in your paypal account is a bad idea. A lot of people have their funds frozen for "investigations" that last 6 months of more. It's fine to use as a convenience for small transactions but don't make large (2k+) individual transactions or leave more than a thousand dollars in your account.

Your heart may be in the right place, but this is kind of a bait and switch informercial thread, funnelling people towards your area of expertise.

You also seem like a lot of what you are writing about is maintaining anonymity, not wealth protection.

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

How about we move this thread into the direction that the topic intends.

What are some ways we can protect our wealth in times of upheaval and war? Savings, retirement accounts, investments, liquid cash, taxable/savings accounts.

I know very little about Bitcoin but there's something inherent about it that I don't like. Maybe the thought of it all being "virtual" and inaccessible if the power goes out

Trust and 3rd party entities (LP, FP,LLX etc) are a great, time tested way to shield wealth. Structured properly the trust/LP vehicle is highly effective. Trusts have been around since the Roman Empire

I own and/or have interest in numerous real properties. Not a one is in my personal name

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

Quote: (02-08-2016 09:36 AM)Running Turtles Wrote:  

It's a good idea to separate oneself from PayPal once there's anything controversial about your business, but as far as I understand Bitcoin, it's not completely anonymous and therefore wouldn't completely protect the donors' identity. However, the hurdle to identify someone is significantly higher than a polite email to PayPal HQ. I'm not saying you're wrong - you're the professional, but out of interest, maybe you could elaborate a bit on the privacy aspects of Bitcoin and how much resources would have to be spent going back up the block chain to positively identify someone?

Another option could be to use something like Stripe and a company + bank account in a stable location like Hong Kong. I assume the criteria you need to fulfill to get boycotted by Visa, MasterCard and AMEX is a lot tougher than with PayPal.

Certainly. First off-- you're right. Bitcoin is not completely anonymous. For example, in my business we take full AML/KYC. To explain what that means, at the time of transaction of dollars for bitcoins, the customer fully connects my company's identity with my bitcoin address, and I have full knowledge of who they are and their bitcoin address. What that means is that bitcoins can now be followed through other addresses. After I have sold bitcoins to a customer, I am as in the dark about where they spend their bitcoins as Bank of America is when they dispense dollars to their customer from an ATM. The important thing for regulators is that they have proof that proper regulatory procedures are followed at the time of sale.

So, if Roosh was to download a free Bitcoin wallet app, he could spin up an unlimited amount of addresses, and 'the public' (Roosh haters) would see a donation address, but be unable to confirm the identities of who actually donated. Now, regulators could figure out that the bitcoins came from my business through a sale, but I think this level of privacy that I am suggesting for Roosh is more than sufficient and FAR superior to accepting only physical cash donations or opening up to the risk of losing his PayPal account (which I'm telling you from experience in the existing regulatory environment HE WILL LOSE).

Supposing that Roosh' situation exposed him to truly tyrannical practices and attempted seizure of his funds, the first place that they will go after is his bank account. Of course, when it comes to a Bitcoin Public/Private key pairing, the only person to hold the private key would be Roosh himself. If the wallet was generated offline, it would literally be impossible to "hack" had it never been used on a computer connected to the internet.

Quote: (02-08-2016 02:28 PM)debeguiled Wrote:  

Your heart may be in the right place, but this is kind of a bait and switch informercial thread, funnelling people towards your area of expertise.

You also seem like a lot of what you are writing about is maintaining anonymity, not wealth protection.

Look I'm looking to make money off of this deal. And I'm all ears if you have a better suggestion. But at this current moment, the best possible solution I can see for a "mobile guy" (as Roosh describes himself) is to hold his valuable donations and hard earned money in an easily fungible manner. Today, as we speak, the easiest liquefiable currency is Bitcoin, because you can get an over-spot amount for it. Roosh can go to any country in the world and find someone willing to trade the local currency for Bitcoins.

Bitcoin has the added element of masking the identities of donators from the daily practice of leaked customer information and identity theft because of it's underlying protocol.

Quote: (02-08-2016 03:55 PM)PapayaTapper Wrote:  

I know very little about Bitcoin but there's something inherent about it that I don't like. Maybe the thought of it all being "virtual" and inaccessible if the power goes out

Trust and 3rd party entities (LP, FP,LLX etc) are a great, time tested way to shield wealth. Structured properly the trust/LP vehicle is highly effective. Trusts have been around since the Roman Empire

I own and/or have interest in numerous real properties. Not a one is in my personal name

If the "power goes out" to the extent you're implying, you have bigger problems. I don't have a problem necessarily with Roosh owning property (not sure if he actually owns his folk's home, or if that is a media fabrication), but the reality is that the easy manner in which it exists in our current reality to figure out the owner or property is what has compromised the privacy of his parents.

Bitcoin can provide many of the elements of a trust, using its built in multi-key properties. Having literally had one of the country's premier regulators in my office moments ago, I have been told that IOLTA funds can be frozen if the government believes that you have acquired it through means they deem not legal. So trusts are not immune from seizure.

Quote: (02-08-2016 04:55 PM)praxguy Wrote:  

Look I'm looking to make money off of this deal. And I'm all ears if you have a better suggestion. But at this current moment, the best possible solution I can see for a "mobile guy" (as Roosh describes himself) is to hold his valuable donations and hard earned money in an easily fungible manner. Today, as we speak, the easiest liquefiable currency is Bitcoin, because you can get an over-spot amount for it. Roosh can go to any country in the world and find someone willing to trade the local currency for Bitcoins.

Bitcoin has the added element of masking the identities of donators from the daily practice of leaked customer information and identity theft because of it's underlying protocol.

I'm leaning more towards what CleanSlate is proposing. Figuring out ways to protect money in times of instability.

I don't know that the current furor over Roosh is an actual risk to his assets, seeing as how he has committed no crimes. Is this what you mean by "State of Emergency," or are you actually referring to a time in the future of instability and civil unrest?

When you say this, I am not sure what you mean:

Quote:Quote:

Why is Roosh not protecting his loyal followers identities when they donate? Why isn't he protecting his own wealth in all the modern ways a man should?

Do the SJWs have access to identities because of Paypal? Or are you worried that authorities will use that information? And how do you know how Roosh isn't protecting his assets as he should be?

I'm not clear on either of these things, and they seem like issues that would require some argument and proof to back up, and are thorny issues anyway. It might be better for people to share what they think is the best way to protect assets, like you have with Bitcoin. I would be interested in that discussion.

Carl Jung

I know it is a cliche, but what is wrong with gold?

I have been doing some reading over at the Permanent Portfolio Forum (http://gyroscopicinvesting.com/forum/gold/), and they make a good case for keeping a quarter of your assets in gold.

The guy explains the upside of gold at his blog:

http://www.crawlingroad.com/blog/2009/10...ation-faq/

Here are some of the relevant topics:

Gold is a powerful asset that protects against inflation or threats of inflation. Gold also offers protection against problems that may threaten a currency or banking system. Finally, gold is an asset that is not someone else’s paper promise to you and can be physically controlled. In this sense it is what you’d call an “asset of last resort.”

How does gold protect purchasing power?

In short: Gold is a compact form of wealth. It doesn’t change over time and can’t be over-printed by a government. It is impervious to debasement that plagues all paper currencies. Gold does not rack up massive debts and unfunded government liabilities. Gold does not care about political speeches or promises about the “Strength of the US Dollar.” Gold to a politician is like a Holy Cross to a Vampire. Gold stands on its own.

Isn’t gold only owned by gold bugs who think the world is coming to an end?

Sadly, this reputation has developed. Anything can be taken to extremes. People who advocate 100% ownership of gold are taking on huge risks just as people who advocate owning 100% stocks are. Gold has risks just as any asset does and you need to be aware of these risks and work with them intelligently.

What kind of gold should I own in the Permanent Portfolio?

The ideal is to own physical gold bullion stored somewhere secure such as a safe deposit box where it is protected against theft and insured. The other ideal is to have it in segregated storage in a bank overseas for geographic diversification.

Gold is special in the portfolio and you want to have as few pieces of paper and people between you and the asset as possible. Harry Browne would go even further and suggest that the gold portion of the Permanent Portfolio be stored at a bank outside of the country in some place like Switzerland for safe keeping. This would protect you from possible government actions that may seize the wealth of the citizens or protect against man-made or natural disasters that affect the regional finance system.

However this is becoming much more difficult for US Citizens to do. Perhaps a warning in and of itself.

What kind of gold should I buy?

If you are looking to have physical possession stored somewhere secure then you should use bullion coins. These are things like American Eagles, Canadian Maple Leafs or South African Krugerrands in the one ounce size. The sizes less than one ounce have a high premium attached to them vs. the gold content and should be avoided unless you have no other options due to budget reasons.

Other options include Austrian Philharmonics, Chinese Pandas, Australian coins, British Sovereigns, etc. But these are less popular and less recognized as the Eagles, Maple Leafs and Krugerrand.

I recommend you buy American Eagles, Krugerrands or Canadian Maple Leafs with American Eagles being slightly more preferred if you live in the US.

What kind of coins should I avoid?

Any type of numismatic (collectible), rare or antique coins. Also avoid all coins that are not from a recognized source as stated above such as privately minted “commemorative” coins.

Why avoid numismatic coins?

Numismatic coins derive much of their value not from the metal content, but from their collector value. So they are not as reliable store of wealth as they have a huge subjective value attached to them by collectors.
What about one ounce gold bullion bars?

These are less recognized by most people and come in tamper proof packaging that makes verifying them harder. It is best to just use the one ounce bullion coins as they are easily recognized and are a familiar form.

What about silver?

Silver is more of an industrial metal rather than a monetary metal. It is not as reliable as gold for protection against currency problems. Keeping some junk silver coins around for emergencies may not be a bad idea, but it shouldn’t be your primary hard asset in the portfolio over gold.

There are many choices if you want to hold your gold in storage overseas for geographical diversification. This is the one he recommends.

What about the Perth Mint?

The Perth Mint is run by the Government of Western Australia and offers many different gold buying programs guaranteed by the government. For small accounts (about $10,000 USD) you need to work with select US brokers and there are markups involved with entry and exit fees (about 2% to buy and 1% to sell). A blog reader adds that you can open an account directly if you have enough money and bypass the US brokers. Fees may apply there as well for buying and selling depending on your account size.

The Perth Mint deals with gold certificates for claims on gold that they are holding. You can also request physical delivery of your purchases. They offer unallocated storage for no fees or allocated storage for about 1.5% expense ratio a year. This is much higher than the 0.40% from a gold ETF, but if you want to own gold that is in segregated storage in another country it is a viable option. Not only this, but the accounts are also guaranteed by the Government of Western Australia (S&P AAA rated) and insured by Lloyd’s of London. Overall, this option has many positives for those not looking to keep gold themselves, but don’t want to use ETFs or the other gold storage services. See their website for more information.

There is more at his blog, and this is just something I have been researching, so I am not personally vouching for any of this stuff, other than the fact that it makes sense to me.

You can keep two million dollars in gold in a shoebox. Not good for crossing borders legally, but very portable.

Carl Jung

This is a not-so-cleverly disguised plug for Bitcoin....which has NUMEROUS problems for "wealth protection" not the least of which is it's digital nature.

Until the major players in finance (i.e. Buffet, Gates, Trumps, etc etc) start moving the majority of their wealth to this volatile market, what you're proposing is beyond retarded. You honestly think you're smarter than the richest men in the world?

Furthermore, anyone using a PayPal account in their own name and real details for is a moron. There is NO verification of your identity when signing up, so the "anonymity" benefit is really a non-issue as well....

Quote: (02-08-2016 09:36 AM)Running Turtles Wrote:  

+1 on the PayPal thing. They are notorious for freezing funds over anything, and overall have very shady - for lack of a better word - business practices.

When it comes to assets it's an inflation/deflation cycle you need to worry about. Timing is everything.

During times of inflation it's good to have a mixture of hard assets (Real Estate, physical Gold/Silver, Seed, guns/ammo, etc) and paper assets (Equities, Bonds) along with actual Cash (Both in a bank, but also actual bills in a safe).

However, all assets fall during times of deflation. Look at the 2008 crises. Every class of hard and soft assets went down. All of them, none was spared. Then the Fed did everything it could to inflate those assets again.

Question is, are we now heading into another cycle of deflation? Answer seems to be yes. Commodities went first, now stocks and bonds are following. Gold got some play today, and might get some momentary love, but it will go down too.

So how do you protect yourself in deflationary times? That's the real question and it depends on how active you want to be about it. If you own real estate you could sell it and then hope to buy it back at a lower price, but good real estate is hard to acquire so that's not very practical.

You can sell bonds and equities easily though, or hedge them with some short interest in the market.

You can go very short the market and do very well.

You could stay out of the market, and hold your cash for a good buying opportunity. Real Estate, Equities, Gold, etc. will all be cheaper.

I think Bitcoin is pretty risky, and is even more of a casino than the stock market. I think the idea the OP suggested about an angry teller freezing your account because your infamous is ridiculous.

And of course the best thing you can always do is curb your spending and live modestly.

Everything is cyclical, just like the sun and moon. There's no magic solution that will let us not have to take action when it comes to buying and selling. At some point you need to actively do both.

Quote: (02-08-2016 05:43 PM)debeguiled Wrote:  

Quote: (02-08-2016 04:55 PM)praxguy Wrote:  

I'm leaning more towards what CleanSlate is proposing. Figuring out ways to protect money in times of instability.

I don't know that the current furor over Roosh is an actual risk to his assets, seeing as how he has committed no crimes. Is this what you mean by "State of Emergency," or are you actually referring to a time in the future of instability and civil unrest?

When you say this, I am not sure what you mean:

Do the SJWs have access to identities because of Paypal? Or are you worried that authorities will use that information? And how do you know how Roosh isn't protecting his assets as he should be?

I'm not clear on either of these things, and they seem like issues that would require some argument and proof to back up, and are thorny issues anyway. It might be better for people to share what they think is the best way to protect assets, like you have with Bitcoin. I would be interested in that discussion.

State of emergency= that's the term that Roosh has given right now that no new members will be admitted into the forum.

We've seen that Anonymous or some other hackers can attack Roosh's websites. It's not difficult to imagine they could compromise Paypal to get access to donator's info.

Quote: (02-08-2016 06:01 PM)debeguiled Wrote:  

I know it is a cliche, but what is wrong with gold?

I have been doing some reading over at the Permanent Portfolio Forum (http://gyroscopicinvesting.com/forum/gold/), and they make a good case for keeping a quarter of your assets in gold.

The guy explains the upside of gold at his blog:

http://www.crawlingroad.com/blog/2009/10...ation-faq/

Here are some of the relevant topics:

Gold is a powerful asset that protects against inflation or threats of inflation. Gold also offers protection against problems that may threaten a currency or banking system. Finally, gold is an asset that is not someone else’s paper promise to you and can be physically controlled. In this sense it is what you’d call an “asset of last resort.”

How does gold protect purchasing power?

In short: Gold is a compact form of wealth. It doesn’t change over time and can’t be over-printed by a government. It is impervious to debasement that plagues all paper currencies. Gold does not rack up massive debts and unfunded government liabilities. Gold does not care about political speeches or promises about the “Strength of the US Dollar.” Gold to a politician is like a Holy Cross to a Vampire. Gold stands on its own.

Isn’t gold only owned by gold bugs who think the world is coming to an end?

Sadly, this reputation has developed. Anything can be taken to extremes. People who advocate 100% ownership of gold are taking on huge risks just as people who advocate owning 100% stocks are. Gold has risks just as any asset does and you need to be aware of these risks and work with them intelligently.

What kind of gold should I own in the Permanent Portfolio?

The ideal is to own physical gold bullion stored somewhere secure such as a safe deposit box where it is protected against theft and insured. The other ideal is to have it in segregated storage in a bank overseas for geographic diversification.

Gold is special in the portfolio and you want to have as few pieces of paper and people between you and the asset as possible. Harry Browne would go even further and suggest that the gold portion of the Permanent Portfolio be stored at a bank outside of the country in some place like Switzerland for safe keeping. This would protect you from possible government actions that may seize the wealth of the citizens or protect against man-made or natural disasters that affect the regional finance system.

However this is becoming much more difficult for US Citizens to do. Perhaps a warning in and of itself.

What kind of gold should I buy?

If you are looking to have physical possession stored somewhere secure then you should use bullion coins. These are things like American Eagles, Canadian Maple Leafs or South African Krugerrands in the one ounce size. The sizes less than one ounce have a high premium attached to them vs. the gold content and should be avoided unless you have no other options due to budget reasons.

Other options include Austrian Philharmonics, Chinese Pandas, Australian coins, British Sovereigns, etc. But these are less popular and less recognized as the Eagles, Maple Leafs and Krugerrand.

I recommend you buy American Eagles, Krugerrands or Canadian Maple Leafs with American Eagles being slightly more preferred if you live in the US.

What kind of coins should I avoid?

Any type of numismatic (collectible), rare or antique coins. Also avoid all coins that are not from a recognized source as stated above such as privately minted “commemorative” coins.

Why avoid numismatic coins?

Numismatic coins derive much of their value not from the metal content, but from their collector value. So they are not as reliable store of wealth as they have a huge subjective value attached to them by collectors.
What about one ounce gold bullion bars?

These are less recognized by most people and come in tamper proof packaging that makes verifying them harder. It is best to just use the one ounce bullion coins as they are easily recognized and are a familiar form.

What about silver?

Silver is more of an industrial metal rather than a monetary metal. It is not as reliable as gold for protection against currency problems. Keeping some junk silver coins around for emergencies may not be a bad idea, but it shouldn’t be your primary hard asset in the portfolio over gold.

There are many choices if you want to hold your gold in storage overseas for geographical diversification. This is the one he recommends.

What about the Perth Mint?

The Perth Mint is run by the Government of Western Australia and offers many different gold buying programs guaranteed by the government. For small accounts (about $10,000 USD) you need to work with select US brokers and there are markups involved with entry and exit fees (about 2% to buy and 1% to sell). A blog reader adds that you can open an account directly if you have enough money and bypass the US brokers. Fees may apply there as well for buying and selling depending on your account size.

The Perth Mint deals with gold certificates for claims on gold that they are holding. You can also request physical delivery of your purchases. They offer unallocated storage for no fees or allocated storage for about 1.5% expense ratio a year. This is much higher than the 0.40% from a gold ETF, but if you want to own gold that is in segregated storage in another country it is a viable option. Not only this, but the accounts are also guaranteed by the Government of Western Australia (S&P AAA rated) and insured by Lloyd’s of London. Overall, this option has many positives for those not looking to keep gold themselves, but don’t want to use ETFs or the other gold storage services. See their website for more information.

There is more at his blog, and this is just something I have been researching, so I am not personally vouching for any of this stuff, other than the fact that it makes sense to me.

You can keep two million dollars in gold in a shoebox. Not good for crossing borders legally, but very portable.

Gold is great, but I'd like to believe that Roosh can amass more savings than what he can bring as a carry on. And let's be frank, selling gold in NYC is going to mean a 5-7% loss on the spot price. It's impractical to carry or hide from raids (another real possibility for Roosh).

Quote: (02-08-2016 06:05 PM)whateverfuckit Wrote:  

This is a not-so-cleverly disguised plug for Bitcoin....which has NUMEROUS problems for "wealth protection" not the least of which is it's digital nature.

Until the major players in finance (i.e. Buffet, Gates, Trumps, etc etc) start moving the majority of their wealth to this volatile market, what you're proposing is beyond retarded. You honestly think you're smarter than the richest men in the world?

Furthermore, anyone using a PayPal account in their own name and real details for is a moron. There is NO verification of your identity when signing up, so the "anonymity" benefit is really a non-issue as well....

I'm not trying to disguise anything. I am openly suggesting bitcoin because it's the best option I can think of, and very practical: carry your wealth on your phone and protect it with NSA level encryption.

Buffet, Gates, Trumps... these people have more money than God, and don't need bitcoin to get around. Bitcoin is my suggestion for a mobile, low-key guy like Roosh, not the politically connected 1%.

Quote: (02-08-2016 10:14 PM)Onto Wrote:  

When it comes to assets it's an inflation/deflation cycle you need to worry about. Timing is everything.

During times of inflation it's good to have a mixture of hard assets (Real Estate, physical Gold/Silver, Seed, guns/ammo, etc) and paper assets (Equities, Bonds) along with actual Cash (Both in a bank, but also actual bills in a safe).

However, all assets fall during times of deflation. Look at the 2008 crises. Every class of hard and soft assets went down. All of them, none was spared. Then the Fed did everything it could to inflate those assets again.

Question is, are we now heading into another cycle of deflation? Answer seems to be yes. Commodities went first, now stocks and bonds are following. Gold got some play today, and might get some momentary love, but it will go down too.

So how do you protect yourself in deflationary times? That's the real question and it depends on how active you want to be about it. If you own real estate you could sell it and then hope to buy it back at a lower price, but good real estate is hard to acquire so that's not very practical.

You can sell bonds and equities easily though, or hedge them with some short interest in the market.

You could stay out of the market, and hold your cash for a good buying opportunity. Real Estate, Equities, Gold, etc. will all be cheaper.

I think Bitcoin is pretty risky, and is even more of a casino than the stock market. I think the idea the OP suggested about an angry teller freezing your account because your infamous is ridiculous.

And of course the best thing you can always do is curb your spending and live modestly.

Everything is cyclical, just like the sun and moon. There's no magic solution that will let us not have to take action when it comes to buying and selling. At some point you need to actively do both.

Bitcoin is in some sense "deflationary". Another way to say that is that the longer you hold bitcoins, the more purchasing power they acquire. Not sure why deflation (a lowering in the general price of goods in an economy) is a ever a bad thing. It means you're getting richer. The more goods one unit of currency can trade for, the lower the opportunity cost to use other means to acquire other ends.

And I'm not saying that a teller will freeze Roosh' assets. I'm saying that his assets could be frozen in a hypothetical situation in which a girl accuses him of rape or worse. Haven't you watched Making a Murderer? The government can literally frame you for anything with no basis for their claims.

Quote: (02-09-2016 12:36 AM)praxguy Wrote:  

Quote: (02-08-2016 10:14 PM)Onto Wrote:  

Bitcoin is in some sense "deflationary". Another way to say that is that the longer you hold bitcoins, the more purchasing power they acquire. Not sure why deflation (a lowering in the general price of goods in an economy) is a ever a bad thing. It means you're getting richer. The more goods one unit of currency can trade for, the lower the opportunity cost to use other means to acquire other ends.

And I'm not saying that a teller will freeze Roosh' assets. I'm saying that his assets could be frozen in a hypothetical situation in which a girl accuses him of rape or worse. Haven't you watched Making a Murderer? The government can literally frame you for anything with no basis for their claims.

Your description was an "angry" person at a bank freezing his account. That wording suggests they are acting on their own personal feelings and not a legal request from the law.

While deflation "may" lower the cost of goods and services, it certainly lowers the values of the assets you might use to sell and purchase goods and services. If you can't see how that was done in the last financial crisis, I don't know what else I can say to explain it.

I don't think owning a big property for a man as hated as Roosh is a good idea, that's true.

But to go 100% Bitcoin? 100% anything is generally a bad idea. A fraction of wealth in Bitcoin, sure. 100% is just stupid.

Bitcoin donations would help anonymity though especially if he used a tumbler.

I agree it is surprising Roosh's PayPal has lasted this long. They have itchy trigger fingers.

While Bitcoin can provide another asset class to diversify holdings, it is by no means the end all to wealth protection. In fact, there really has been no discussion on wealth(asset) protection so far here.

How do you know he is not protecting his wealth? Do you know what he owns, where he keeps his wealth? If you don't know any of these, you are obviously only making assumptions.

Paypal will not cut him off because some SJWs complained, the guy has not broken a single law. In the event paypal cuts him off, he could go bitcoin overnight. But that's a very remote possibility.

This was a suggestion only for Roosh. I don't think 100% bitcoin is the wisest move for the average forum member. But Roosh is far from average. It's not a question of if, but a question of when Roosh will get his paypal account shut down.

Since the mainstream looks at him as a rapist/rape advocate, it's only a matter of time before the simplest silencing campaign takes off. With a few thousand emails sent to Paypal, Roosh's paypal account--HIS LIVELIHOOD-- will be compromised. Just like Wikileaks. Just like ProtonMail. Just like any controversial blog.

Here is the standard message he will receive:

Due to the nature of your activities, we have chosen to discontinue service to you in accordance with PayPal’s User Agreement. As a result, we have placed a permanent limitation on your account.

We ask that you please remove all references to PayPal from your website. This includes removing PayPal as a payment option, as well as the PayPal logo and/or shopping cart.

With the exception of a few, very small companies, Roosh can now hold his donations received directly from his readers, and cash them out for local fiat currency at a profit.

Quote: (02-12-2016 03:24 PM)praxguy Wrote:  

This was a suggestion only for Roosh. I don't think 100% bitcoin is the wisest move for the average forum member. But Roosh is far from average. It's not a question of if, but a question of when Roosh will get his paypal account shut down.

Since the mainstream looks at him as a rapist/rape advocate, it's only a matter of time before the simplest silencing campaign takes off. With a few thousand emails sent to Paypal, Roosh's paypal account--HIS LIVELIHOOD-- will be compromised. Just like Wikileaks. Just like ProtonMail. Just like any controversial blog.

Due to the nature of your activities, we have chosen to discontinue service to you in accordance with PayPal’s User Agreement. As a result, we have placed a permanent limitation on your account.

We ask that you please remove all references to PayPal from your website. This includes removing PayPal as a payment option, as well as the PayPal logo and/or shopping cart.

With the exception of a few, very small companies, Roosh can now hold his donations received directly from his readers, and cash them out for local fiat currency at a profit.

Dude you are comparing Wikileaks, where US governments state secrets are held, to a forum where people just talk about politics, travelling, improving their lifestyle, getting in shape.

Whether you like it or not, Wikileaks is the purest form of treason. There was a campaign against Roosh on Amazon, they wanted Amazon to cut him off. Did they? No.

Quote: (02-12-2016 03:24 PM)praxguy Wrote:  

You do realize you can open a new PayPal account with fake info right? That they don't require your social security #? That all you need to open a PayPal account is a credit card (can be prepaid) bank account, and email address? Roosh most likely already has several back up PayPals, and even if he doesn't, he could create 5 new ones within an hour, easily.

Get out of here with your Bitcoin plug. Seriously. Theres an entire thread dedicated to it. Just because you bought Bitcoin at the silk road peak and now lost a bunch of money doesn't make it our problem.

At the very least, RESEARCH before posting bullshit.