rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is there anyplace in the world...

Where being white and American is not an advantage or a possible disadvantage? People are saying that in Western & Eastern Europe, parts of Asia and other parts of the world, being white and American can be a potential disadvantage. There is mixed opinions about Eastern Europe not being automatic pussy haven if you are white and American while there are opinions stating the opposite. How much and what is true about places around the world concerning this question?

Only place I can confirm is Peru to be an automatic pussy heaven for white, American gringos. The biggest nerd working as a lab rat in America can get laid 3x per week in Peru so long as he is white.

Mixx

White Americans are not generally considered "cool",around the world there is a negative undertone towards them due to American politics. However, although many on this board will dispute this - many people secretly wish to live the American dream or at least visit.
If you have your heart set on a place my advice would be to go, your look may work in a certain place. It all depends on your exotic factor.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

when i was in costa rica riding the bus, some european tourists saw US military on the side of the road and started cussing them and talking mad shit. Obviously I had to step up and say shit back, as they were talking out their asses. thought I was about to have to throw down on the buss lol

More like you sat there shitting yourself in case they twigged you were American and kicked your head in. Why do people, Americans particularly, get so nationalistic? Nationalism is stupid, just because you were born on a certain peice of land doesn't mean anything, no need to get all defensive when someone says something bad about your country.

The Americans on here are always dissing their own country yet when someone else does it there's outrage. I don't get it.

You can get around this mostly if you don't seem like the typical loud mouthed, ignorant douchebag. If you are interesting and fairly culturally sensitive, there's no lack of people who will want to meet you-- worldwide.

Quote: (07-07-2011 01:53 PM)whosyourdaddy Wrote:  

You can get around this mostly if you don't seem like the typical loud mouthed, ignorant douchebag. If you are interesting and fairly culturally sensitive, there's no lack of people who will want to meet you-- worldwide.

Good advice!

Our New Blog:

Yeah I meet too many of these loud, ignorant, Americans when I'm travelling. They complain about how bad everything is and that it isn't as good as at home. Just stay at home then?

Quote: (07-08-2011 07:47 AM)Gringo Wrote:  

Yeah I meet too many of these loud, ignorant, Americans when I'm travelling. They complain about how bad everything is and that it isn't as good as at home. Just stay at home then?

Broadly comparing Europeans and Americans, I really don't find Europeans much different. I have many clients and old classmates that talk about how they hate NA, and yet they never want to go back. Pathetic.

Most of my clientele is European based. In general, I find them very pretentious, arrogant (as if all things European are automatically more refined - which is utter nonsense), and noticeably more ignorant than your typical American.

And Europeans are so often the epitome of uncool when partying....obnoxious, gay over-the-head hand clapping, chanting, fist pumping, straight up cheese and frankly not very masculine either. Not any better than the loud American or the drunk Brit.

I've never found people hating on me for being a white American.

Maybe because I'm not a fat ignorant slob who doesn't speak the language.

Having people hate on the American military and having people hate on you are two different things. The US military has backed harsh dictatorships throughout the world, and fucked up many many many people's lives. Don't be ignorant about history.

"White Americans are not generally considered "cool",around the world there is a negative undertone towards them due to American politics."

It is so crazy to think back pre-George Bush, when we were welcomed with open arms.

And more importantly, open legs.

To the young cats out there:

My sympathies go out to you, since you missed a truly golden era.

And if you voted for Bush, you have no grounds for complaining.

Quote: (07-07-2011 08:40 AM)MiXX Wrote:  

Only place I can confirm is Peru to be an automatic pussy heaven for white, American gringos. The biggest nerd working as a lab rat in America can get laid 3x per week in Peru so long as he is white.

Mixx

I will be starting a guide service in Lima soon, sort of like taking guys on fishing trips in a stocked pond.

Can I use this quote in my advertising? I don't think an ad gets any better than this [Image: smile.gif]

Quote: (07-08-2011 10:31 AM)Selva Wrote:  

Mixx

I will be starting a guide service in Lima soon, sort of like taking guys on fishing trips in a stocked pond.

Can I use this quote in my advertising? I don't think an ad gets any better than this [Image: smile.gif]

Sure, I get 20% of all earnings. [Image: wink.gif]

Mixx

Quote: (07-08-2011 09:27 AM)Luckystar Wrote:  

And Europeans are so often the epitome of uncool when partying....obnoxious, gay over-the-head hand clapping, chanting, fist pumping, straight up cheese and frankly not very masculine either. Not any better than the loud American or the drunk Brit.

What you are describing here is EXACTLY how the Americans I've met act, never have I seen Europeans do this. Either way, whoever does it is fucking annoying. I don't mean to offend any of the Americans on here BUT in my experience most Americans (that I meet) are much more ignorant than Europeans in general. Guess it all depends on who you meet, have met some great Americans and many annoying Europeans too.

Quote: (07-08-2011 12:59 PM)Gringo Wrote:  

I don't mean to offend any of the Americans on here BUT in my experience most Americans (that I meet) are much more ignorant than Europeans in general.

10 or 15 years ago I would have agreed with you, Gringo. But I think Americans have really progressed on race and religious issues. I also think Europe has been forced to show its true colors over the past decade. Anti-immigration and right wing movements, that are often based on sheer intolerance, have gained a lot of support. At the ground level, things like monkey chants and banana tossing are still going on at some sporting events in Europe. It would be an outrage over here. But over there, the 'monkey' is just being 'sensitive' - pretty ignorant. I definitely think there is a false often a civility over there. It wasn't that long ago there was a genocide in Bosnia. But I digress....

Mixx

I would add Japan and maybe Korea to that list as well. A nerdy white american/canadian who couldn't catch a cold back home should have no problem laying pipe over there.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

Quote: (07-08-2011 02:13 PM)Luckystar Wrote:  

10 or 15 years ago I would have agreed with you, Gringo. But I think Americans have really progressed on race and religious issues. I also think Europe has been forced to show its true colors over the past decade. Anti-immigration and right wing movements, that are often based on sheer intolerance, have gained a lot of support. At the ground level, things like monkey chants and banana tossing are still going on at some sporting events in Europe. It would be an outrage over here. But over there, the 'monkey' is just being 'sensitive' - pretty ignorant. I definitely think there is a false often a civility over there. It wasn't that long ago there was a genocide in Bosnia. But I digress....

Yeah there's been a lot of discussion about immigration in Europe in the past few years but mainly because we've seen such a huge influx of migrants pour into countries all over Europe, coupled with high unemployment and financial insecurity people look for someone else to blame when they should be looking at themselves or our Governments. People in general are NOT racist though, especially not in the UK. For a while the British National Party (skinheads from the 60s turned into a political party) appeared to be gaining in popularity in Britain only to fail miserably in the last elections, come out worse than in the previous elections and then fade into obscurity.

As for monkey chants and banana throwing, that isn't common. The banana throwing thing happened a while ago at a football match in the UK but then turned out it was thrown by some German student who just threw it because he had it to hand, wasn't even a racist incident.

The genoicide in Bosnia was horrible, no one's gonna deny that.

I'll just say, having spent 80% of the last 2 years on the road, if I'm ANYWHERE in the world, and I hear loud, obnoxious yelling, drunken idiocy, someone puking, guys fighting, I automatically assume they're American or British until proven otherwise. And 90% of the time I'm correct.

For Brits, it's more drunken shenanigans that's annoying. For Americans, it's more their ignorance and arrogance. I've hung out with numerous Americans who were on their first trip abroad who seriously expected everything to be worse than America and were genuinely surprised when anything they tried or did was better. It got really annoying really fast. "Oh wow, their beer here may actually be better than it is in the US." Of course it is, you're in Germany you fuckwit.

One experience I have regularly when I get to know foreigners in other countries is that they'll tell me point blank, "You're not one of them, you're different," meaning I'm not a naive, clueless, up-tight American that they're used to talking to. I'm in Europe with an old friend of mine who's never been abroad before, and there have been 4-5 times where he's innocently let something slip that was truly a face-palm moment (like telling a German girl she wouldn't understand the movie "No Country for Old Men" because you have to be from America to "get it." He actually cockblocked himself with that one.)

But to answer OP's question, the only places I've been where being American is a DISADVANTAGE is Paris and to a very small extent Buenos Aires. In Argentina it was because they just assume gringos are there for hookers until proven otherwise. In France it was because they were pompous as hell and I couldn't speak French.

Quote: (07-09-2011 04:13 AM)Entropy4 Wrote:  

"You're not one of them, you're different,"

News flash, Entropy4...they don't just say this to Americans or Brits. They routinely say this to people of other backgrounds - Africans, Muslims and others. It's ignorance to the highest degree. As if you are ok, now that you have conformed to their values or culture. Insidious ethnocentrism, arrogance, and intolerance. It's inherent at so many levels.

For the record, I'm not trying to bash Europeans. I just don't believe they are any classier.

Dash-
"when i was in costa rica riding the bus, some european tourists saw US military on the side of the road and started cussing them and talking mad shit."

This is something I don't like about America how our military is posted all over the world and that gives us a bad look. We think its chill because we were taught all of our lives from the media and other people that America is the best and most powerful country and there is nothing wrong with this. But when people from other countries see this they see it in a different way. For example I was talking to my ex girlfriend who is from Sao Paulo and I asked her if they had discussions in college classes about how America is somewhat of an imperialist country and she said for sure.

Whosyourdaddy,

"You can get around this mostly if you don't seem like the typical loud mouthed, ignorant douchebag. If you are interesting and fairly culturally sensitive, there's no lack of people who will want to meet you-- worldwide."

Totally agree and great statement. I haven't been to that many countries but if I'm going to be anywhere for more than a month I will definitely try to learn some of the language. I think American, Australians, British people go abroad and don't even bother attempting to learn the language. I met an Australian dude in a hostel in Rio and he said how stupid it sounds to say "oi" (hi in Portuguese). One of the dumbest and ignorant things I've ever heard. Like the quote above if you go by that you will be fine but you will still run into people who don't like you and when people get to know you they might get rid of some of their prejudices.

Mixx

I think is highly exaggerated but i hope there is some truth inthere. I'll be in Peru in 4 or 5 days and will stay there 3 or 4 weeks.

I'm a fairly good looking, 6,3 tall blonde guy from Holland with game. Shouldnt be a problem then.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

Quote: (07-07-2011 01:36 PM)Gringo Wrote:  

More like you sat there shitting yourself in case they twigged you were American and kicked your head in. Why do people, Americans particularly, get so nationalistic? Nationalism is stupid, just because you were born on a certain peice of land doesn't mean anything, no need to get all defensive when someone says something bad about your country.

The Americans on here are always dissing their own country yet when someone else does it there's outrage. I don't get it.

I don't know about that. When i was traveling in japan, me and my Austrian buddy met an american guy who was putting down everything not American and was insulting my country (Holland) and Austria.

I'm not a violent guy and won't start a fight easily but i really wanted to punch that guy in the face.
Actually i will write about it in my next story on my website (see my sig)

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

Quote: (07-08-2011 02:22 PM)azulsombra Wrote:  

Mixx

I would add Japan and maybe Korea to that list as well. A nerdy white american/canadian who couldn't catch a cold back home should have no problem laying pipe over there.

I highly disagree on this. I've been to both countries and think the girls are very very conservative.
Truth be told i didnt go to clubs in Japan because of the outragous prices there. i did in South Korea and had huge problems with the language barrier. In the 2.5 weeeks i was in S. Korea i havent met any foreigner who got laid with an South Korean girl except for teachers who lifed there and did the girlfriend route. My game was not that tight back than but still.

Quote:Quote:

I'm not a violent guy and won't start a fight easily but i really wanted to punch that guy in the face.

You wanted to punch someone because they happened to dislike your country, that is childish and there's really no need for it. Let him hate on Holland, what difference will it make to you.

Quote: (07-08-2011 03:28 PM)Gringo Wrote:  

Quote: (07-08-2011 02:13 PM)Luckystar Wrote:  

Yeah there's been a lot of discussion about immigration in Europe in the past few years but mainly because we've seen such a huge influx of migrants pour into countries all over Europe, coupled with high unemployment and financial insecurity people look for someone else to blame when they should be looking at themselves or our Governments. People in general are NOT racist though, especially not in the UK. For a while the British National Party (skinheads from the 60s turned into a political party) appeared to be gaining in popularity in Britain only to fail miserably in the last elections, come out worse than in the previous elections and then fade into obscurity.

As for monkey chants and banana throwing, that isn't common. The banana throwing thing happened a while ago at a football match in the UK but then turned out it was thrown by some German student who just threw it because he had it to hand, wasn't even a racist incident.

The genoicide in Bosnia was horrible, no one's gonna deny that.

The monkey chants are popular in Russia, Poland, Spanish football leagues, the black players on the England team got it bad in Macedonia I believe not so long ago.

Riding the subway in London, I use to get a chuckle over the ugly american girls talking loud and thinking everyone loves there accent. When in fact I could see people getting annoyed by it, the point is being brash or arrogant does not go over well period.

Our New Blog: