rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

MEETUP DAY: Cancellation

I just posted this on ROK:

Quote:Quote:

I can no longer guarantee the safety or privacy of the men who want to attend on February 6, especially since most of the meetups can not be made private in time. While I can’t stop men who want to continue meeting in private groups, there will be no official Return Of Kings meetups. The listing page has been scrubbed of all locations. I apologize to all the supporters who are let down by my decision.

I'm as disappointed as you, but from where I'm sitting, the heat is just insane. Our safety is genuinely threatened.

Even with private meetups, protest groups will comb the streets like they did in Montreal. Personally I don't care getting attacked, but I'd be devastated if you guys had your lives ruined because of it.

No motion to try to continue coordination through more private channels? With so many emails setup for hosts I imagine this could still go down.

Is this for real?
Anyway, I'm going to go to the location my city, no body seemed to pay attention to it and its close enough so I might as well show up.

Cheers

Regroup, replan, and reschedule.

Lets aim to try again in a few months with smarter logistics and better preparation.

[Image: 70000493-huddle-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IW...0ifbP76hgw]

If "they" really want to curb traditional masculine behaviour. They'll have to shutdown Tinder & all the other apps.
Shutdown every online dating site.
Prohibit every straight male from attending any bars, clubs etc.
Implement nightly curfews for straight men.

After-all, it's for the children (or kidults as the case may be).

It's understandable, you can't be responsible for organizing meetings where the safety of the attendees is at risk. Guys can still meet on their own if they want, like we've always done.

What the opposition doesn't understand is that this changes nothing. We are still the same men, still here. They're banging us, supporting our businesses, taking us out to the company happy hour, confiding in us, talking to us on the subway...We're everywhere, right next to them in day to day life. They like us, lust after us, love us, laugh with us. They have no idea.

Americans are dreamers too

I am disappointed but I think Roosh made the right call here

Either way guys, its still a win for us. We will have new members joining and Roosh just got massive amounts of free advertising.

This wasn't all for nothing.

Quote: (02-03-2016 08:09 PM)GlobalMan Wrote:  

It's understandable, you can't be responsible for organizing meetings where the attendees safety is at risk. Guys can still meet on their own if they want, like we've always done.

What the opposition doesn't understand is that this changes nothing. We are still the same men, still here. They're banging us, supporting our businesses, taking us out to the company happy hour, confiding in us, talking to us on the subway...We're everywhere, right next to them in day to day life. They like us, lust after us, love us, laugh with us. They have no idea.

Just like Fight Club, except for all the collapsing buildings at the end, although that would be SO cool

Damn, I was hoping the cancellation post was just a ruse to throw the SJW's off our scent. But since this is now posted on the forum that was just locked down a little bit ago so posts can only be seen after logging in, I'm assuming the cancellation is for real. Otherwise, I'd be expecting the "real" news to be posted here since now only members can see it.

Oh well, at least I've already got a girl lined up to bang on Saturday night.

No one anticipated the media fabricating such extreme lies. Seeing a news outlet say that there is a "Make Rape Legal" event in a town near you understandably elicits a very strong emotional response in our fellow citizens. I would have the same initial reaction they did if I saw some shit like that. I would just hope I had the sense to do some research before signing my name to a petition or adding my name to the conversation and sharing or reposting. People saw the news and reacted as anyone would I suppose. I just wish they knew the truth that it's just a bunch of regular dudes wanting to get together for a beer. We don't support fucking rape...

My beef is with the media. There are two types of journalists that did this. Malicious journalists who fabricated the lies, and lazy journalists who saw the click bait potential and re posted without doing any actual background investigation.

This whole thing has been the final nail in the coffin regarding my faith in the media.

Fucking internet brings out the best and worst of what humans are capable of. This week it brought out the worst.

I understand Roosh decision it's the best he can do now. Although I'm sure some meetings will happen anyway as many guys are determined to meet. Which is Good.
I suggest the next tribal meetings should be made in secret. In fact, they shouldn't be posted on ROK or YouTube anymore.

I will still be hitting up Washington square in NYC and feeling optimistic. Shoot me a PM if anyone else plans to attend. I will check how the counter protest Facebook group responds to this news. If they hear it is cancelled then chances are no one will show up.

Quote: (02-03-2016 08:12 PM)MiscBrah Wrote:  

I am disappointed but I think Roosh made the right call here

Either way guys, its still a win for us. We will have new members joining and Roosh just got massive amounts of free advertising.

This wasn't all for nothing.

Not to mention a thread's worth of what amounts to terrorist-style threats that served to censor the opportunity for regular guys to get together and meet face to face.

Hard to say its value at this point but at minimum it just confirms what we already knew.

No worries mate, it was an insane amount of heat you were going through. I would assume the heat and concomitant workload was too much for one person.

Pick yourself up, dust of, maybe collaborate with some like minds and achieve victory next time.

It looks like you can enjoy your trip to Australia in peace now [Image: smile.gif]

There's a big win from this, whether the meetups get cancelled or not.

I've seen many Australians, from all walks of life, talk about the meetup. While there's always a small vocal group of SJWankers with their usual drivels, there's an equal group who are seeing the lies and defamation from the media as they are. The majority seem to be confused, but can be shown the truth just from all the threats of death and violence against us, as well as pointing out that the How To Stop Rape article is clearly satire.

I'd say that's a major achievement without needing to even show up.

It must have been tough but I think it's the right decision. I've only just read through everything now and the same things were starting to worry me.

"Especially Roosh offers really good perspectives. But like MW said, at the end of the day, is he one of us?"

- Reciproke, posted on the Roosh V Forum.

People don't get that this is satire.

Just checked the old facebook, and people that I have closer, recent friendships than most are sharing the SFGATE article. They are out for blood. They are stuck in groupthink, and are not capable of thinking that Roosh's original article was satire. It's hit hard, they're vocal in multiple communities here, and I talk to some on a regular basis. A few SJWs, a few clueless bystanders jumping on the bandwagon. They don't understand, they just want to get on the internet 2 minutes hate.

Facts don't seem to matter, now.

Roosh, no need to be disappointed. This was a very instructive live drill and it showed a few things:

First and most importantly -- the membership and readership of this forum is made up of men of exceptional excellence and character. I think the response to this meetup idea exceeded everyone's expectations. Guys truly want to meet each other, to make new friends, and to support the things we believe in. They are willing to put their reputations and even their personal safety on the line to do this.

Second, the SJWs and their allies in media, government, NGOs etc have real power. The most significant threat was probably not to guys' physical safety (although who knows) but to our privacy and identity. I have no doubt that in some places SJWs would have tried to identify and doxx as many of us as possible and to do whatever is in their power to ruin our reputations and livelihoods. That is something that we unfortunately have keep in mind going forward.

Third, the fanaticism and depravity of these SJWs is remarkable. There really are migrants all over Europe trying to rape women -- no, not "thousands" of rapes in every city but it's a serious and growing phenomenon, the real deal; not nonsense chatter about "rape" but violent thugs trying to actually do the deed. But the SJWs don't give a shit -- worse, they would rather censor all mention of this, and instead organize "protests" against normal civilized men trying to get together to hang out and talk. They are the scum of the earth, no more, no less.

Fourth, Roosh -- you will have to find trusted lieutenants to whom you can delegate authority in various ways on such occasions. The amount of work you had to do is beyond any single person's capacity. If you had a team working for you and authorized to make certain real time decisions, it all would have been easier and more realistic. Of course, no one could have anticipated this kind of crazy response, but now that we've had this drill we know what to expect going forward and will be able to adjust accordingly.

Again, I see no reason whatsoever to be disappointed. This is an exceptional group of men -- the only club I'd really ever want to belong to.

same old shit, sixes and sevens Shaft...

Quote: (02-03-2016 08:17 PM)brob Wrote:  

No one anticipated the media fabricating such extreme lies. Seeing a news outlet say that there is a "Make Rape Legal" event in a town near you understandably elicits a very strong emotional response in our fellow citizens. I would have the same reaction they did if I saw some shit like that. I would just hope I had the sense to do some research before signing my name to a petition or adding my name to the conversation and sharing or reposting. People saw the news and reacted as anyone would I suppose. I just wish they knew the truth that it's just a bunch of regular dudes wanting to get together for a beer. We don't support fucking rape...

My beef is with the media. There are two types of journalists that did this. Malicious journalists who fabricated the lies, and lazy journalists who saw the click bait potential and re posted without doing any actual background investigation.

This whole thing has been the final nail in the coffin regarding my faith in the media

The firestorm this created in the western world is beyond what I had imagined. The amount of things press, governments and police departments prioritized these events over is sobering, on a [Image: tinfoilhat.gif] level.

Defcock 1 is here, and its real. 7 years before predicted. http://www.rooshv.com/the-defcock-alert-system

I hope Roosh posts a debriefing/review of events after this dials down. It wold make for a great Roosh/QC culture war episode.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

I hope that all those screen captures of haters on social media aren't wasted. So many accounts to report. So many employers to notify. So many journalists who will never be interviewing anyone here.

Overall, so much hypocrisy to expose.

There are many lessons from this to be learned and discussed loudly and pubicly in the near future.

Its a shame but what can you do, these people are insane. Funny how these people don't get as outraged by ISIS because they're deathly afraid of them, but us, they want to try and execute us when we're not doing anything wrong. Somehow next time, this needs to be done in secret as YoungArt suggested.

The only mistake was publishing the meeting locations weeks in advance, in my view. If we'd given the media/SJWs only a few hours to key in on the actual locations I think most of the threats of physical violence/doxxing might have been avoided.

Something to keep in mind next time.

We suffer more in our own minds than we do in reality.
-Seneca

Quote: (02-03-2016 08:17 PM)brob Wrote:  

No one anticipated the media fabricating such extreme lies. Seeing a news outlet say that there is a "Make Rape Legal" event in a town near you understandably elicits a very strong emotional response in our fellow citizens. I would have the same reaction they did if I saw some shit like that. I would just hope I had the sense to do some research before signing my name to a petition or adding my name to the conversation and sharing or reposting. People saw the news and reacted as anyone would I suppose. I just wish they knew the truth that it's just a bunch of regular dudes wanting to get together for a beer. We don't support fucking rape...

This whole thing has been the final nail in the coffin regarding my faith in the media

Agreed. I just finished trying to explain/defend what we're about to a group of my male friends who saw the media reports and lost their minds, calling me out in disbelief that I could possibly support a "rapist" and this community as a whole.

It's so disheartening to see people so easily manipulated by media lies. However, it does reinforce my belief that I, and men like me, need to find like-minded men with whom we may form real life friendships. It's painfully obvious that so many men are brainwashed by the current cultural narrative, and that most simply cannot be counted on to stand with us.

Alas, I think you made the right call, Roosh. Perhaps we can try again in the future, maybe in more covert fashion, to get this tribal thing off the ground. Although I'll probably still hit up my local meetup to see if anyone shows.