rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Have you fixed your blood markers and seen significant improvements in well being?

Have you fixed your blood markers and seen significant improvements in well being?

Did you ever start off with whacky numbers on several key blood markers (thyroid, hormones, liver/kidney fxn, etc), take active measure to fix everything, and succeed?

And if so, how would you rate the improvements in well being?

My last comprehensive set of bloods had funky values for a few things and it got me wondering what it looks like to go from totally fucked biomarkers to everything in range and the resultant effects.

any updates or feedback?

I feel significantly better now that my TSH has dropped to 2.5, from 3.9.

I can't say that is the only factor in why I feel better, or if it was a factor at all, but I no longer fall asleep after eating breakfast and I rarely nap during the day. Brain fog is mostly gone, mental clarity much better, focus and drive much better, depression mostly gone.

I will say I'm still not how I used to be, but I'm head and shoulders better than I was the past 3-4 years. I would say I'm 80% to where I want to be as far as how I used to feel in comparison to now.

I'm much happier overall.

EDIT: I should add that I also went mostly Paleo, lowered carbs (75-150 per day), got on a regular sleep schedule, wake up between 6:30-8AM each morning, in bed by 9:30-11, take vitamin D and haven't drank since NYE.

It depends on the marker:
-vitamins, nutrients: very small (nearly unnoticeable) difference (not to say that it won't make a difference in the long term)
-adrenal hormones: clear improvements
-liver markers, IGF-1: massive and immediate improvements

Can't comment on test and thyroid.
Probably it will also depend on the person.

Quote: (04-09-2016 05:50 PM)RioNomad Wrote:  

got on a regular sleep schedule, wake up between 6:30-8AM each morning, in bed by 9:30-11, take vitamin D and haven't drank since NYE.

This is motivating me to get these things right, I go to sleep anywhere from 3am-6am, damn hard to kick the habit.

Americans are dreamers too

I just had 16 different blood tests run last week, still waiting for the results. Once they come in, I'm going to work studiously on trying to get the markers back in range for anything that is off. So far, my Vitamin D levels were in the tank (25!), and ideally a man should be between 50-80 according to the Vitamin D Council:

https://www.vitamindcouncil.org/about-vi...vitamin-d/

Vitamin D is an important precursor to proper hormone function, so make sure you bring your levels up a lot if your Testosterone is too low, and your D is low as well, get some more sunshine with your shirt off around noon time and also take sub-lingual Vitamin D supplements.

John Michael Kane's Datasheets: Master The Credit Game: Save & Make Money By Being Credit Savvy
Boycott these companies that hate men: King's Wiki Boycott List

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. -Albert Einstein

My LDL cholesterol and fasting glucose levels seem to drop slightly every year, which makes sense since I'm leaner than I used to be.