rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

PR`s mental barrier

PR`s mental barrier

If you are a weightlifter, powerlifter or simply go to the gym to pump some iron, you are continually measuring your progress thus, trying to improve your strenght, technique, etc.

I`ve come to the conclusion that breaking a PR on a backsquat single or a determined amount of weight with x amount of reps does not only require the strength involved in the lift, but also the mentality to lift it.

There are some times when I don`t count the weight I am lifting and only realize i`ve done a PR afterwards... and it feels great. It does not work every time.

That is why I am looking for an answer, a way to give yourself the push you need to break a PR you phisically can but mentally are unable to.

Mind is always over the body. Control your mind and you will lift whatever you want!

PR`s mental barrier

Couldn't agree more. Just last week I was barely pushing up 205 for 3 reps bench, and was stuck there for about a month but I said fuck it and slapped on 225. Hit the first rep, and my spotter told me to keep going. Got 3 solid reps. 225 has a huge mental barrier because it is generally the divider between strong and not strong. I spent all this time pussying out of going for more weight for nothing. Back when I was at 135 for 3 reps I could put up 155 and get only put it up once or twice and didnt think much of the 20 lb difference.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

― Hunter S. Thompson

2019 COLOMBIA MOTORCYCLE TRIP DATASHEET