rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Moving to Denver

Moving to Denver

Hi, I'm considering moving to Denver from LA, and I was wondering if anyone on the forum lives there or has spent some time there. I've heard it referred to as Menver, and I'm wondering if its really that bad. Thanks

Moving to Denver

I'm moving to Denver next week to start grad school. I'd be interested in some opinions as well.

While there is a higher male to female ratio than eastern cities, I have a hunch that pretty much any major city should be fine for game... I've also heard that there is a big online dating scene, which could be shortcut when your new to town.

Hell, I'm a pretty handsome guy going back to college at age 25, plus I'm a musician and a pilot, if I'm not pulling well in 6 months we will know the answer!

Moving to Denver

I've spent some time in Denver and yes, the ratio is bad and the women are not very cute. Sorry to say, especially if you are moving from LA, I think you'll be pretty dissapointed with the women in Denver. But then again, I haven't spent a ton of time there and I've also lived in some pretty good places for women, so maybe my standards are pretty high.

Moving to Denver

Quote: (07-27-2011 11:32 PM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

I've spent some time in Denver and yes, the ratio is bad and the women are not very cute. Sorry to say, especially if you are moving from LA, I think you'll be pretty dissapointed with the women in Denver. But then again, I haven't spent a ton of time there and I've also lived in some pretty good places for women, so maybe my standards are pretty high.

How much does this really impact game? My logic is that sure, the more women, the more opportunties, but I've heard also that a lot of guys there are more interested in their jobs and outdoor sports and not really on the prowl to the extent you see in other large cities. (that was based on a couple of comments on city-data, not scientific or anything)

I just don't see how any major city can be THAT bad for game...

Moving to Denver

I'm here now, I haven't seen a single girl worth looking at and I've been here for 3 days...

Moving to Denver

I have gotten tons of info from this forum so I figured I'd join in. Living in Denver for the last few years I will say one thing: don't come to Colorado for the women. Come here for the mountains, the amazing skiing, the outdoors and the sports, but not the women.

Having said that though it is not all bad if you know where to go. If you are here for skiing there are plenty of opportunities on the slopes, but once night falls there will be more sausage in the bars than in a Jimmy Dean tv dinner. Like 2 cute girls and their fat friend and 50 guys waiting for their do or die moment.

Denver itself is better as long as you stay away from the lodo area near 20th and Blake St. If you want to go to a frat party with tons of dudes and some 5's and 6's ready for some action go there but there are much better places within walking distance.

Just about any surrounding area will be better than downtown. The uptown area is just East, Highlands is West and there are some alright places a few blocks North.

You won't find any clubs, but lots of bars. Denver is the largest beer producer in the US and their are many brewerys and bars with 100's of beers on tap. Your best bet is to hit one of them for happy hour.

Other than that there is a huge music scene as well as other outdoor events where the 7's and 8's are much more approachable. No 9's or 10's though.

For that social circle is a must and at that is still a rarity.

There is always Boulder too. Lots of hippies, but some decent girls around the college.

Of course Colorado has lesser quality women than just about any city outside of the US, but compared to many within the US it isn't half bad. Coming from LA though you will probably be disappointed. There are cute girls, but it takes more work to find them.

Moving to Denver

Quote: (07-30-2011 08:47 PM)mondo Wrote:  

I have gotten tons of info from this forum so I figured I'd join in. Living in Denver for the last few years I will say one thing: don't come to Colorado for the women. Come here for the mountains, the amazing skiing, the outdoors and the sports, but not the women.

Having said that though it is not all bad if you know where to go. If you are here for skiing there are plenty of opportunities on the slopes, but once night falls there will be more sausage in the bars than in a Jimmy Dean tv dinner. Like 2 cute girls and their fat friend and 50 guys waiting for their do or die moment.

Denver itself is better as long as you stay away from the lodo area near 20th and Blake St. If you want to go to a frat party with tons of dudes and some 5's and 6's ready for some action go there but there are much better places within walking distance.

Just about any surrounding area will be better than downtown. The uptown area is just East, Highlands is West and there are some alright places a few blocks North.

You won't find any clubs, but lots of bars. Denver is the largest beer producer in the US and their are many brewerys and bars with 100's of beers on tap. Your best bet is to hit one of them for happy hour.

Other than that there is a huge music scene as well as other outdoor events where the 7's and 8's are much more approachable. No 9's or 10's though.

For that social circle is a must and at that is still a rarity.

There is always Boulder too. Lots of hippies, but some decent girls around the college.

Of course Colorado has lesser quality women than just about any city outside of the US, but compared to many within the US it isn't half bad. Coming from LA though you will probably be disappointed. There are cute girls, but it takes more work to find them.

This assessment is pretty damn close to perfect. You hit the nail on the head. And social circle game seems like it would be KEY to picking up in Denver, as there are not many places to find good looking girls. I would think Boulder would be the spot. But even though its lacking in the women department CO is an amazing spot, especially if you like the outdoors.

Moving to Denver

+1 mondo welcome aboard.

Moving to Denver

I haven't lived in Denver, but spent time there. A good female friend of mine hated it there. She said there were no men for her. She's italian/viet mix and about a 7...so not too bad. She said the men were selective and went after the white girls...go figure.
If you go north (boulder), it gets hippy/liberal, if you go south (colo springs), it's all military families. If you like the outdoors, you can meet a lot of women. I met a lot through camping/hiking...however, I like being friends with those types more than fucking them.

Moving to Denver

I'm going to be in the Boulder/Broomfield area for a 3 week business trip starting Nov. 1st. Any ideas on best places to chill and meet DTF girls?

Mixx