rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Roald Dahl Was A Pimp

Roald Dahl Was A Pimp

Socks away! Roald Dahl’s wartime sex raids

“Girls just fell at Roald’s feet,” declares Antoinette Marsh Haskell, the daughter of Dahl’s closest American friend. “I think he slept with everybody on the east and west coasts that [was worth] more than $50,000 a year.”

Roald Dahl, the real influence behind James Bond?

[Image: Roald_Dahl.jpg]

Roald Dahl Was A Pimp

Everyone could learn a heck of a lot from Roald Dahl's writing alone. I was about to write a post about a specific story, "The Visitor," about a fictional playboy who leaves his journals for his admiring nephew to uncover. There are lots of lessons involved. Search: "'The visitor,' Roald Dahl," on google and a the first link is a full text word doc. I recommend reading all of his works as they are generally brilliant.

Roald Dahl Was A Pimp

Yes, his short stories are exquisite. And his children's books. Not so sure about his adult novel "My Uncle Oswald", which in my opinion is not as well written as the other stuff. Though it gets major bonus points for being about seducing women while living in luxury and having ambitious, international plans.

Roald Dahl Was A Pimp

Quote: (07-02-2011 03:08 PM)HammockLife Wrote:  

Yes, his short stories are exquisite. And his children's books. Not so sure about his adult novel "My Uncle Oswald", which in my opinion is not as well written as the other stuff. Though it gets major bonus points for being about seducing women while living in luxury and having ambitious, international plans.

The protagonist of, "The Visitor," is that same uncle. It was in my general collection of his short story work and was by far the most sexually explicit, but not the only story where strong signals to Dahl's opinion's and rules about women were woven throughout.

Roald Dahl Was A Pimp

He liked older women.

Roald Dahl Was A Pimp

Quote: (07-02-2011 02:07 PM)thekid Wrote:  

Everyone could learn a heck of a lot from Roald Dahl's writing alone. I was about to write a post about a specific story, "The Visitor," about a fictional playboy who leaves his journals for his admiring nephew to uncover. There are lots of lessons involved. Search: "'The visitor,' Roald Dahl," on google and a the first link is a full text word doc. I recommend reading all of his works as they are generally brilliant.

Thanks for that link, somehow I'd never read the visitor before, cool short story. I'm thinking a trip to library with a day of reading Dahl is in my near future.