rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Traveler's Dilemma: More Places or Longer Stays

If you've got a block of time set aside for travel you can go one of two ways. You can pick a few select spots, settle in to them, find a regular(s) chick, learn the places in and out, maybe take a few minor side trips but essentially set up shop for long enough to get comfortable.

Or, you can stay on the move, 5-8 days in any given location, cover as much ground, see as much shit, and chase after as big a variety of pussy as possible.

There are obviously a lot of benefits to longer stays. It takes a minute to get a feel for a new city, it's less exhausting, you can give more leads with more girls time to develop, etc. In terms of working out and personal development it's easier to go about business as usual if you aren't packing up and shipping out on a week to week basis. On the other hand, there are a lot of cool places in any given region of the world, and for me it is hard to cross places off the list when I only have a limited amount of time to travel.

I personally lean towards the shorter stays/more destinations side. For context, I am going to Mexico for 2 months beginning in Feb. and I'm trying to make my mind up on how many places I want to visit. I think ~7 will be the sweet spot for me, which factoring in travel time means about 1 week per city.

What's your style, which do you prefer?

The good ol' traveler's dilemma... so many places to see, so little time. If you want to go crazy and trot around the globe putting your footprints all over the place, give yourself permission to do that. But after a while, it must get tiring and it would be nice to settle in some place you like the best for a while.

Personally I'm doing the former until I find a place I like, and then I'll settle there with an occasional side trip every couple months.

Here's a strategy that I inadvertently pursued thanks to my last full-time job:

1) Travel as fast as possible to all the places on your list. Basically, get a "thin-slice" of each place. Use Roosh's busted dudes test, and see what IOIs you get on the street.
2) Once you finish the list or get tired, pick a place based on its "thin-slice." Stay there for a month and see how it pans out.
3) If the place doesn't pan out, go back to step 2.

How much value do you get from short term travel?

WIA

Quote: (01-11-2016 01:23 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

How much value do you get from short term travel?

WIA

For whatever reason, I always assume I won't get much, if anything. Usually I just assume my informed guess is correct.

But then, when I drag my lazy ass into doing so, I'm always surprised at what I get, even out of short-term travel.

For example, when I visited Lviv during my last border run, I was surprised at how young the city was, and how densely it was laid out - making it ideal for London-style daygame, at least on the surface.

More than anything, what I've found is that it's too easy to subconsciously dismiss other people's experiences, such as posts on this forum. But when you experience - or don't experience - the same thing yourself, it's much harder to dismiss that experience.

I agree, the most important thing for me is getting off the couch and out of my bubble. Even if that is just hitting up a different city for a long weekend. You don't know what you're going to get. Kinda like you never know when you're going to see two chicks yanking patches of hair out pulling some worldstar shit if you stay at home and never get on the subway.

Trips < 7 days always end up flying by and I feel like I have to cram stuff in. Obviously I wish I could have more time, but I never regret going.

I was more referring to how people prefer to spend their longer 1 month+ travels.

Why not play it by year and give yourself flexibility? Don't make any long term plans or reservations. If you aren't feeling a city, move on after a few days. if you settle in nicely in a city and meet some quality girls, extend your stay as you see fit. This way you don't lock yourself in one way of the other until you have a feel for things.

More places=more flags
Longer stays=better quality

It depends what you're going after.

Here's something I've noticed about traveling and girls...

You can fuck the same chicks on a 1-2 week trip as you would on a 3-4 week trip. You'll be banging pipelined girls from online game and girls you pull in rapid succession from the club (one night stands and first date lays off numbers). I don't convert many day game girls in short trips and maybe convert a few over a month.

By staying somewhere around three months, you close day game chicks and high quality girls. Girls who won't give you the time of day unless she thinks you are "living" in her city.

Thus, I personally only do trips of ten days to one month or trips of three months.

Quote: (01-11-2016 07:13 PM)MasculineProfiles Wrote:  

You can fuck the same chicks on a 1-2 week trip as you would on a 3-4 week trip. You'll be banging pipelined girls from online game and girls you pull in rapid succession from the club (one night stands and first date lays off numbers). I don't convert many day game girls in short trips and maybe convert a few over a month.

By staying somewhere around three months, you close day game chicks and high quality girls. Girls who won't give you the time of day unless she thinks you are "living" in her city.

Thus, I personally only do trips of ten days to one month or trips of three months.

My dilemma is that no matter where I go, what strategies I use, or how many girls I talk to, I always end up getting great quality, but few notches. I was just in Santo Domingo for nine days and only got two notches, but the quality couldn't have been much better. Technics was there about the same amount of days and may have gone undefeated or even beyond undefeated.

Quote: (01-11-2016 07:18 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

My dilemma is that no matter where I go, what strategies I use, or how many girls I talk to, I always end up getting great quality, but few notches. I was just in Santo Domingo for nine days and only got two notches, but the quality couldn't have been much better. Technics was there about the same amount of days and may have gone undefeated or even beyond undefeated.

That sounds like a great trip. Two quality notches in 9 days is a good pull.

I almost always crush in my first week in a city, but it's usually 3-4 sixes/sevens combined with 1-2 strong eights.

Funny thing is I think somebody smashed out my favorite Santo Domingo girl last week. She kept texting me stuff about "I can't wait for you any longer" last week. Could have been one of y'all [Image: banana.gif]

Quote: (01-11-2016 07:49 PM)MasculineProfiles Wrote:  

Quote: (01-11-2016 07:18 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

That sounds like a great trip. Two quality notches in 9 days is a good pull.

I almost always crush in my first week in a city, but it's usually 3-4 sixes/sevens combined with 1-2 strong eights.

Funny thing is I think somebody smashed out my favorite Santo Domingo girl last week. She kept texting me stuff about "I can't wait for you any longer" last week. Could have been one of y'all [Image: banana.gif]

It was a pretty uneventful trip. I went to Planet Fatness every day, slept, went out to some bars and clubs, and didn't really do any daygame. I'm thinking Christmas/New Year's is a bad time to go and that I could only do better than I did during those days. One girl I met doing nightgame and was the only girl I approached that night (that happens very often to me). Another night, I was in Jet Set with two other forum members and I got rejected countless times asking girls to dance. I think most of them were with guys. Another time, I went to a new venue and saw a girl who was top quality, but I knew she wasn't Dominican. I was thinking Puerto Rican or Cuban. She was with two plain looking Dominican girls and I was just waiting for a merengue song to be played so that I could ask her to dance. Before any merengue songs came on, some forty five or fifty year old lady approached me and starting hitting on me hard. I think she was probably bangable like twenty or thirty years ago or whatever. She was with her son, who was with a decent, but not great looking girl. I decided to join them, mostly because I felt like talking to someone. They were seated behind that girl I wanted to approach. No more than one minute after I sat down with them, some guy came up and approached the girl who I wanted to approach and ended up sitting down with her. Not a guy who I would call a loser, but not a guy who is turning down eight figure offers to star in the remake of Saturday Night Fever either. I was really, really angry at myself for not approaching. This guy stayed at the table with her for a while, but I noticed that he didn't buy her one drink (she was buying her own drinks), he had absolutely no physical contact with her, and was not making her laugh at all. Can a guy who does none of those things bang a girl who he just met? Maybe, but I've never seen it. Eventually, at least an hour later, that guy left and I knew I had to approach her. I started talking to her and she said she was from Venezuela. About one minute into the conversation, she became glued to her phone, so I politely walked away. What's funny is that I felt great that she was glued to her phone, because at least I know what happened when I approached. If I had missed out on the chance to approach her at all, I would have been really angry at myself.