rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Jamaican Male Teachers Flee Classroom To Escape Schoolgirl Predators

An interesting contrast to the usual female teacher-young male student sex narrative we see in the USA.

Quote:Quote:

Across the island, several schoolgirls, some as young as 14, have been setting their sights on the few male teachers left in the system, sending explicit photographs and aggressively trying to entice the authority figures into sexual relationships with them.

"The risks are great for a young male teacher," admitted Clayton Hall, former president of the Jamaica Teachers' Association (JTA).

"I had to come to the defence of a teacher recently after he received sexually explicit photos from a student. The child's parents saw the photos and called in the police, and officers from CISOCA (the Centre for Investigation of Sexual Offences and Child Abuse) came in," said Hall.

"The parents believed he was soliciting their child. Luckily for him, a series of reprimands were part of the messaging thread and those proved to be his get-out-of-jail card. Without it, he would have been arrested," added Hall.

But the woes of the young male teacher did not end there, as the police threatened him with prosecution under the Cybercrimes Act, which provides criminal sanction for the misuse of computer systems or data and the abuse of electronic means of completing transactions.

He was also warned for prosecution under the Child Care and Protection Act, which requires adults to report to the relevant authorities children in need of care and protection.

"In this dispensation, I have had male teachers complain to me about the situation. It becomes very problematic for the teacher when you look at the Child Care and Protection Act, which considers you guilty until you can prove otherwise," said Hall.

He noted that if the teacher had shown the photographs to his head of department, that might not have been considered as making a report, while keeping the photographs on his cellular phone could cause him to be charged.

According to Hall, he was also relentlessly sexually harassed via letters from students while he taught at an all-girl school in the Corporate Area a decade ago.

After seeking advice on how to deal with the matter, he said he began correcting the girls' grammar and spelling while telling them to do better.

"It didn't stop, but it reduced the frequency of the letters," said Hall.

So aggressive is the campaign by some female secondary-school students that three male teachers recently resigned at the end of the just-concluded school term.

One of the teachers told The Sunday Gleaner that he had to walk away from the Corporate Area-based co-educational school because the girls were sending him lewd images and suggestive text messages, and when he failed to respond favourably, he was accused of being a homosexual.

In the meantime, another former JTA president, Ruel Reid, the principal of Jamaica College, said the issue of male sexual harassment was not unique to teachers.

With the male teachers indicating that some of the girls sourced their contact information through communication groups on platforms such as WhatsApp Messenger, which were set up to help with the teaching and learning process, Reid said he did not support teachers being involved in these groups with their students.

"I do not encourage staff members being part of students' WhatsApp groups and all that. There is no guideline sent out by the ministry and I would not encourage it," said Reid.

"A teacher should not be part of such an arrangement without the consent of the parents. This is a conversation that the association (JTA), the schools and their parent-teacher associations must have. The ministry (of education) must also be part of the discourse as there are no provisions to protect the teachers when something goes wrong," added Reid.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/lead-...le-student

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

Rule of thumb as a teacher. Don't give children your phone number. I never ends well.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Idiots shouldn't be giving their personal cell phone numbers to students. No excuses.

^ It's a different culture. I don't know much about Jamaican culture, but unless you guys know the norms there, that verdict might be a little hasty. For all we (or at least I) know, it's normal for students to have access to their teacher's cell phone number there.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Well I was looking for a gif of Jamaicans running, however I found this instead.... then forgot what I was doing.
[Image: 92983-gif.jpeg]

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

^WB.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Jesus she's nice, what is this thread about

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

Those are fertile hips.

Quote: (01-11-2016 03:13 AM)The Beast1 Wrote:  

Idiots shouldn't be giving their personal cell phone numbers to students. No excuses.

Hey shitlord, instead of blaming the victim how about we teach young women not to rape?

Quote: (01-11-2016 03:15 AM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

^ It's a different culture. I don't know much about Jamaican culture, but unless you guys know the norms there, that verdict might be a little hasty. For all we (or at least I) know, it's normal for students to have access to their teacher's cell phone number there.

It's a normal thing to share personal phone numbers with teachers? I'm not a teacher and even i know what a bad idea that is.

My teenage self can think up a million things to do to that number.

Quote: (01-11-2016 03:42 AM)Ambicatus Wrote:  

Hey shitlord, instead of blaming the victim how about we teach young women not to rape?
First off there wasn't a rape. It was an entrapment.

Second off, In case you've never worked with children ass jack, let me give you a lesson here. In the eyes of parents their children never do any wrong. It seems that the same behavior present in America is also present in Jamaica. If he covered his ass properly he wouldn't be in this situation. Best offense is a good defense. Not to mention isn't Jamaican culture super sexualized? There's a datasheet here that exemplifies that. If you've lived their a long time you should know how to mitigate that from students, parents, and teachers.

Rule of thumb, don't give teenagers (eg KIDS) your personal number unless you like being bothered by future burger flippers, single mommies, and trash. This guy probably pissed the girls off with bad grades and they were getting him back by sending topless photos.

Now his career is ruined because of a few idiot sluts. I'm all for fighting culture BS like this, but even in a chaste christian environment i'd never give kids my personal number. You like getting prank calls?

Quote: (01-11-2016 03:55 AM)The Beast1 Wrote:  

It's a normal thing to share personal phone numbers with teachers? I'm not a teacher and even i know what a bad idea that is.

I didn't say it was.

I said the possiblilty is there. You're applying your own cultural paradgims to a man teaching in a country (I assume) you know very little about.

whether or not you see it as a wise decision or not is irrelevant. You could go pretty much any country on Earth and there will be countless things they do that seem completely brain-dead to you - just like a foreigner could come to your country and feel the same way. Culture is funny like that.

I don't know anything about Jamaica but it's at least possible that they do things different than where you are from. Without any cultural context, it's a bit hasty to individually label them idiots.

If you were talking about some guy in Missouri, on the other hand, I'd be fully on board with your point.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Butthurt, insulting response to a flippant post sprinkled with condescension, simultaneously completely missing the point
[Image: facepalm.png]

For the record I have worked with kids. In fact, I run a summer camp for kids who are about to be molested [Image: banana.gif]

Quote: (01-11-2016 03:28 AM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

Well I was looking for a gif of Jamaicans running, however I found this instead.... then forgot what I was doing.
[Image: 92983-gif.jpeg]

What a woman.
Turns out she's from Trinidad.

Quote: (01-11-2016 04:08 AM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

I didn't say it was.

I said the possiblilty is there. You're applying your own cultural paradgims to a man teaching in a country (I assume) you know very little about.

whether or not you see it as a wise decision or not is irrelevant. You could go pretty much any country on Earth and there will be countless things they do that seem completely brain-dead to you - just like a foreigner could come to your country and feel the same way. Culture is funny like that.

I don't know anything about Jamaica but it's at least possible that they do things different than where you are from. Without any cultural context, it's a bit hasty to individually label them idiots.

If you were talking about some guy in Missouri, on the other hand, I'd be fully on board with your point.

I'd like to cosign this opinion too, however the parents are accusing the poor guy of grooming their children which means that these parents in a similar fashion to American ones think their kids are angels and can never do such a thing like make sexual advances to a teacher.

Had the parents responded differently and instead viewed their child's actions as the little shits that they are then your point would have made sense.

However they haven't which means that the parents and kids are acting culturally similar to Americans. Dude should not have given his phone number to the kids.

Ff
Quote: (01-11-2016 04:14 AM)Ambicatus Wrote:  

Butthurt, insulting response to a flippant post sprinkled with condescension, simultaneously completely missing the point
[Image: facepalm.png]

For the record I have worked with kids. In fact, I run a summer camp for kids who are about to be molested [Image: banana.gif]

Apologies for applying common sense and not towing the party line. Girls should be punished to the fullest extent possible. Teachers shouldn't give their personal phone numbers to students.

^ We're discussing two different things.

I'm not saying it was a good idea. Just hard to call him an idiot without knowing the cultural context, that's all. You can be sure this stuff will change the culture, though, if these things keep happening.

And..."not toeing the party line?"

I can't speak for Ambicatus (I thought it was ridiculous he called you a Shitlord), but I'd bet money the vast majority of guys here would agree with your diagnosis of the situation that the guy is an "idiot" for giving his number to female students, so no need to act like you're being chastised for going against the grain here.

Beyond All Seas

Quote: (01-11-2016 05:00 AM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

^ We're discussing two different things.

I'm not saying it was a good idea. Just hard to call him an idiot without knowing the cultural context, that's all. You can be sure this stuff will change the culture, though, if these things keep happening.

And..."not toeing the party line?"

I can't speak for Ambicatus (I thought it was ridiculous he called you a Shitlord), but I'd bet money the vast majority of guys here would agree with your diagnosis of the situation that the guy is an "idiot" for giving his number to female students, so no need to act like you're being chastised for going against the grain here.

I know what you're saying BB, but I was disagreeing with the premise that you can't make such assumptions because they're two different cultures.

Especially since the parents are acting very similarly to parents in the states. Even between two different cultures, you can still draw parallels when similarities between the two are present.

As for not towing the party line...line, it was more directed at Ambicatus not you good sir!

Quote:"Beyond Borders Wrote:

I can't speak for Ambicatus (I thought it was ridiculous he called you a Shitlord)

Obviously I am guilty of making assumptions about different cultures too. In my naïveté I assumed that people understood what jokes were in the U.S.

I guess television lied to me again. Sorry guys.

I am still shocked how callous, even other men on a red pill forum, are for men who face such a plight. So many of you are like "well he shouldn't had given them his number, duh! He was so stupid he deserves whatever is coming to him!"

I am really sad to see this attitude of trying to find a mistake into another, however small it could be have an excuse to stop caring. After all it is easier for your reptile brain to conform to that feminine imperative isn't it?

And for those who don't know - in many countries in the world teachers are virtually required to give their phone number to their students or at least to their parents. And these parents often make this number also known to the child. And if one child knows, then the whole school knows. Maybe America has some system that allows teachers to work with high levels of privacy, i don't know about that, but then that is an exception, not the norm.

Quote: (01-11-2016 06:21 AM)Mage Wrote:  

I am still shocked how callous, even other men on a red pill forum, are for men who face such a plight. So many of you are like "well he shouldn't had given them his number, duh! He was so stupid he deserves whatever is coming to him!"

I am really sad to see this attitude of trying to find a mistake into another, however small it could be have an excuse to stop caring. After all it is easier for your reptile brain to conform to that feminine imperative isn't it?

And for those who don't know - in many countries in the world teachers are virtually required to give their phone number to their students or at least to their parents. And these parents often make this number also known to the child. And if one child knows, then the whole school knows. Maybe America has some system that allows teachers to work with high levels of privacy, i don't know about that, but then that is an exception, not the norm.

The man didn't deserve what happens to him, however he's still an idiot in my honest opinion.

Coincidentally, I have a meeting later today with a group of five teachers today spread across western Europe. I'll pose this question before the meeting starts and see what they say.

Not a perfect sample size, but when I was in high school (almost eight years ago) teachers never gave out their personal phone numbers and went so far as to make their landlines private. Lets see what my euro teachers have to say.

Quote: (01-11-2016 06:14 AM)Ambicatus Wrote:  

I can't speak for Ambicatus (I thought it was ridiculous he called you a Shitlord)

Obviously I am guilty of making assumptions about different cultures too. In my naïveté I assumed that people understood what jokes were in the U.S.

No offense taken brother. Sarcasm is lost over text anyhow.

[Image: 200.gif]

It happens to the best of us BB and Beast. But the only time someone uses the word "shitlord" on the forum is in a post mocking a feminist.

Quote: (01-11-2016 06:14 AM)Ambicatus Wrote:  

What's a US? [Image: wink.gif]

Is that a place?

I've been lost in Southeast Asia about 3 or 4 years (just on this run), so you may find pieces of my sense of humor fell out here and there along the way.

Beyond All Seas

Quote: (01-11-2016 06:40 AM)The Beast1 Wrote:  

Not a perfect sample size, but when I was in high school (almost eight years ago) teachers never gave out their personal phone numbers and went so far as to make their landlines private. Lets see what my euro teachers have to say.

Yeah, not the best comparison because they are also from the West. A lot of Western cultures will share American paradigms.

Best thing to do, in fact - ask Jamaicans.

I mean, if you're going to ask non-Jamaicans to weigh in about Jamaican culture, you might as well ask someone from French Switzerland if Americans should hug new friends goodbye. Or ask a guy from Ireland if he thinks it's strange when Cambodians wipe their ass with water.

In any case, I think we're just going to talk in circles on this, and I think we understand each other's points, so I agree to disagree.

Beyond All Seas

Young girls always like to flirt, to test a man's boundaries and his masculine core.

A male teacher should expect this as part of the job. And that's where discipline and self-control come in.

If you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Even though there are always going to temptations out there, the burden is still on the male teacher, as the authority, to set the right boundaries.

It's all about setting boundaries. Girls know who they can mess with, and who they can't.

Actual out-of-the-blue frameups are very rare.

It's up to every authority figure, whether a doctor, lawyer, teacher, priest, gardener, mailman, whatever, to set the terms of the interaction.

There's no reason for any teacher to be interacting socially with teenagers on WhatsApp, or any other social media platform.

I remember this pic from back in the 80's

I remember when I was in high school and many of my females classmates were getting their panties wet over the sport teacher, worst for him was that he lives almost next to the school so everyone knew his house, they said things among students that were truly predatory, like planning to wear just a bra below the uniform during his classes (the norm was a shirt above the bra and then the uniform), saying how lucky his wife was.

There was another teacher that was truly badass, he would openly called the girls for their predatory behavior.

So, when I see people calling teenage girls predatory I just remember how many of my females classmates behaved.