rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

150 armed militiamen take over Oregon wildlife refuge
50 armed militiamen take over Oregon wildlife refuge
A dispute with the Bureau of Land and Management has escalated to what appears to be an armed standoff.

Quote:Quote:

Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy’s three sons and “about 150” militiamen have occupied the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge HQ to protest the pending imprisonment of two Oregon ranchers accused of arson, arguing the federal government has no authority in local cases.

“We’re going to be freeing these lands up, and getting ranchers back to ranching, getting the loggers back to logging, getting the miners back to mining where they could do it under the protection of the people and not be afraid of this tyranny that’s been set upon them,” Ammon Bundy, who appears to be the leader of the group, said in a Facebook video posted by Sarah Dee Spurlock on Saturday.

https://www.rt.com/usa/327762-armed-bund...-ranchers/

Backstory from NY Times, which strange enough doesn't mention they are armed like the RT story clear does.

A group of activists and militiamen protesting the federal prosecution of two ranchers occupied a remote federal building in the rural southeastern corner of Oregon, the authorities said.

The building seized by the group houses the offices of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, and is operated by the United States Fish and Wildlife Service, about 30 miles southeast of Burns, in Harney County.

The occupation began after a demonstration in support of Dwight Hammond, 73, and his son Steven Hammond, 46, who were to report to California prison after a federal judge ruled that the sentences they had served for arson were not long enough under federal law.

Among the occupiers were Ammon and Ryan Bundy, two sons of Cliven Bundy, a Nevada rancher who became a symbol of anti-government sentiment in 2014, according to The Oregonian.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/03/us/ore....html?_r=0

They are willing to go all the way. Many are former military.

[Image: attachment.jpg29232]   

If all 150 were properly trained, armed, willing to fight, and able to live off the land, they most likely can't be overtaken by local police, SWAT, or even FBI without serious losses on the government side, meaning the National Guard would have to be called in.

The reality is probably only a dozen or so are trained/armed. Still, this could result in an armed battle with the government.
Anyone know how many militias are left in the US?

The rancher points out that Harney County used to be the richest in state, and is now the poorest. His radical proposal to solve the situation is to have armed “patriots” come and live in a de-facto self-rule zone independent of the federal authorities.

Are we hearing the faint whispers of a revolutionary battle cry?

“It doesn’t have to stop here. This could be a hope that spreads through the whole country, the whole United States. Everybody’s looking for this hope because the government has beat us, and oppressed us, and took everything from us; they will not stop until we tell them no,” he claims.

I think those words ressonate with a lot more people now than 20 years ago.
If I recall my childhood correctly what they're occupying is a small building full of taxidermied birds.

But in general, the BLM seems to own all the land out there so I can see the locals chafing against the feds.
I hope this ends peacefully.
It's funny how when the government wants to push an environmentalist agenda, they don't do anything to the influential businesses that pollute like crazy. But instead they pick on soft targets like family ranchers, charging these guys under a bullshit terrorism law.
Sounds like another settlement needs our help.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/fall...0821070358
Quote: (01-03-2016 02:42 AM)BortimusPrime Wrote:  

It's funny how when the government wants to push an environmentalist agenda, they don't do anything to the influential businesses that pollute like crazy. But instead they pick on soft targets like family ranchers, charging these guys under a bullshit terrorism law.

The story for those who didn't read is like this. A farmer and his son, 71 and 46 in 2001 burned off some land to clear it of invasive plant (maybe animal) species. That's supposedly a normal method, but carries some risk. They were sentenced to 5 years in prison for that and served the time, then an appeal court by the Feds charged and indicted them under a Domestic Terrorism act. THAT is why this is actually a big deal. They burned off land to farm it, but they were charged under a terrorist law. It's not as innocent as it may appear.

The land they're ranching on is owned by the Federal government, but his family, like the Bundy family, has ranched it for generations, the Bundys since 1870s. They have had permits to farm/ranch it for many many years.

Over the years the Federal government has been steadingly decreasing the area they allow for it and then asking the ranchers high fees if they want to continue.

What is therefore happening is the government formally taking over land that has informally been used freely by farmers. They then use enviromental concerns to take over the land.

As with anything else, this is about the government wanting to get paid from its serfs.
Roosh=

If all 150 were properly trained, armed, willing to fight, and able to live off the land, they most likely can't be overtaken by local police, SWAT, or even FBI without serious losses on the government side, meaning the National Guard would have to be called in.

I know that area well and yes, if they are properly equipped, motivated, disciplined and led, they could conceivably A. Do a lot of damage and B. Hold out for a long time. That is probably the most remote area in the entire U.S. and very rugged.

Further, I can promise you that the locals are no friends of the Federal Government (nor the State, for that matter). Having that support is critical to the protesters in this situation. The articles I am seeing makes it seem as if they don't have much in the way of local support...and that may be true, since the Bundys and Co. are outsiders, but that could also change in a hurry, if the Feds don't watch their step.

Contrary to expectations, the AIDS crisis hasn’t yet killed all of the world’s performance artists.

-Jim Goad
Here's the government's take on the conviction of the Hammond's, who the militiamen are supporting:

http://www.justice.gov/usao-or/pr/easter...ars-prison

They were convicted in court for two fires. Conviction of the first fire depended mostly on a witness that testified against them that happened to be a relative. The government story is that they started the fire to hide killing deer. The Hammonds contend they wanted to burn invasive species.

The second fire were backfires to prevent spread of a fire caused by lightning.

http://www.justice.gov/usao-or/pr/easter...ars-prison

Any hunters here? Is starting a fire a good way to hide an illegal hunt? Has fires been used in the past to hide illegal hunts?
Normally I would be supportive of such measures based on principle. Unfortunately, this kind of shit couldn't come at a worse time. The current administration is gearing up to roll out several executive orders to restrict the second amendment. As it is now, the movement in favor of a fairly loose second amendment is probably the strongest it's ever been. There's an increasing number of nontraditional gun owners (i.e. tight pants wearing hipsters, a staggering number of women are buying guns now as well.) But an armed militia standoff with federal agents can kill a lot of those attitudes pretty quick. The assault weapons ban of 1994 came hot on the heels of Ruby Ridge and Waco.

I have no doubt that the vast majority are armed. If they have training, that's another story. I was just at The Nation's Gun Show in Dulles the other night. A no frills AR-15 can be had for $600.

Setting a forest fire is definitely a way to hide an illegal hunt. However, the authorities are going to put a lot more effort into investigating the cause of that, especially if the fire led to significant damages or injuries/death.

What's stupid about the hunt they did is that as ranchers, they can apply for special permits to hunt out of season. My cousins have such a permit and those motherfuckers are always killing deer.

I do disagree with an appellate court being able to impose a harsher sentence than the trial court even if the initial court didn't adhere to minimum sentencing rules (which are BS as well.)
One month ago I was walking with a friend talking about the European migrant crisis and how the locals will probably resist. We agreed that to take a small European town, you would need about 60 armed men (though possibly less depending on natural defense barriers). With planning, you can hold it without outside supplies for a month or two before a likely siege would start to starve you out and force a surrender.

So now we have a natural experiment here with 150 men on open land. Even 15 men on open land would be rather hard to stop if they had vehicles and gasoline supplies.

One thing people don't realize is how easy a small or even tiny group of men can really challenge authority. In Canada this summer, for our unarmed defiance, a group of a couple dozen men successfully defied hostile cities and their institutions. This is why I think the NY Times didn't mention the fact that they are armed, and why it doesn't seem to be the top news story: they don't want to show how weak the government really is when up against men who are willing and ready to fight back.
I would probably join them if I lived closer and had the cash. The government keeps agitating and pushing native citizens and doesn't let up. Then when you fight back even a little, it's 'well if you fight back that would just escalate things so its better to just let it slip.'.

It's clear most Americans don't want or deserve the freedom they inherited from previous generations. They will go along with whatever a government bureaucrat tells them is for their own good, it's pathetic.
Quote: (01-03-2016 03:00 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

One month ago I was walking with a friend talking about the European migrant crisis and how the locals will probably resist. We agreed that to take a small European town, you would need about 60 armed men (though possibly less depending on natural defense barrier). With planning, you can hold it without outside supplies for a month or two before a likely siege would start to starve you out and force a surrender.

So now we have a natural experiment here with 150 men on open land. Even 15 men on open land would be rather hard to stop if they had vehicles and gasoline supplies.

One thing people don't realize is how easy a small or even tiny group of men can really challenge authority. In Canada this summer, for our unarmed defiance, a group of a couple dozen men successfully defied hostile cities and their institutions. This is why I think the NY Times didn't mention the fact that they are armed, and why it doesn't seem to be the top news story: they don't want to show how weak the government really is when up against men who are willing and ready to fight back.

The military could of course dispose of them within minutes with drones if need be, but using military to deal with state petty crime is not a good look. In fact all Western countries would go very, very far to not send in military, that would mean de facto civil war.

If military was employed they would also risk mutiny of people who are in service much like those guys, from rural areas much like that. It would essentially create the setting for Samseu's predictions.
White liberals have been outbred by white conservatives the past fifty years in America.

The government has kept its hold by importing a massive amount of foreigners to vote liberal and to bankrupt the natives.

But, the children of the right aren't as moderate as their parents because there aren't very many good jobs or opportunities.

Guns are plentiful though, and the militiamen are correct that what has been done to America is terrible.

I think Obama has been sorta preparing for this, but military and law enforcement is heavily staffed by natives, (native not just referring to white, but anyone born in America and who holds things like the Constitution, Declaration of Independence, and American Values in high regard).

The Bundy's won the last showdown.

The militiamen have a lot going for them and they know it. What the militiamen have going for them is numbers among other things. If the government slaughters 150 people it makes them look really bad and if it draws out it makes them look incompetent, and if they back down it makes them look weak and wrong, and so, it isn't such a clear cut propaganda victory for the government as one might think. Armed insurrection simply doesn't look good for the government, period. Especially this one which prides itself on being so "progressive".

Anti-media sentiment and anti-government sentiment is also at an all time high, so, whichever way the government wants to spin this will only be marginally successful at best. Many people are tuned out and many others are tuned in, but tuned in to alternative news.

There is a dwindling base of people who buy the "narrative" due to liberal whites low birth rates.

The non-whites who vote Democrat, may vote that way, but don't take the modern liberal beliefs seriously and are only voting that way out of ethnic interest in weakening the dwindling European white majority which still staffs the military, many businesses, police departments, and political offices.

It's a very tricky situation, but history rewards the bold, so, I'm cautiously optimistic.

The real question is, Will Obama come back from his month long Island vacation early, or will he call in a drone strike like he does to civilians in Yemen?
More backstory on the Hammonds.

http://imgur.com/gallery/3loLDOs/

If true, the Fed was using salami slice tactics to take their land, and when that didn't work, used trumped up terrorist felony charges.
Bundy had a standoff with BLM before that ended peacefully.

However, the militiamen in that case were on their own private land.

In this case, it appears that the militiamen have taken over a federal building:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/03/us/ore....html?_r=0

It could get ugly.
SJWs/liberals on Twitter and using this to promote their "white men are terrorists too" narrative:

https://twitter.com/hashtag/oregonundera...t&src=hash
Both parties are in the wrong here. The Hammond family for lighting a fire to hide poaching is just retarded. I doubt they were hard up for food. Trying to protect their winter feed, I get but trying to control a fire during a dry summer is pissing in the wind. The Bundy bunch are clowns.

The government using terrorism charges when it is lacking the intent is retarded. Fire suppression costs alot so they should answer for anything that got off their property. Comes down to assholes on both sides of the aisle.

The government has its hands tied when it comes to management practices. Environmental groups, or rather their lawyers make out like bandits when federal judges legislate from the bench. Every time the US Gov gets sued and loses these groups have their court fees paid by the government.

Things need to change in this country but this to me comes as attention seeking.
Quote: (01-03-2016 03:00 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

One month ago I was walking with a friend talking about the European migrant crisis and how the locals will probably resist. We agreed that to take a small European town, you would need about 60 armed men (though possibly less depending on natural defense barriers). With planning, you can hold it without outside supplies for a month or two before a likely siege would start to starve you out and force a surrender.

True.

In the early uprisings in East Ukraine, men armed with nothing more than Ak-47s were able to fend off the local police and national guard for a long time before needing more advanced weapons like MANPADS, ATGMs, tanks, APCs, etc from Russia.

That is why the elites in the USA are so rabid about outlawing "assault weapons", even though an overwhelming majority of gun crimes are committed by handguns.
Looking at the twitters, apparently this is somehow turning into a black lives matter thing because the authorities are negotiating with those horrible armed WHITE men.
Quote: (01-03-2016 02:58 AM)porscheguy Wrote:  

Normally I would be supportive of such measures based on principle. Unfortunately, this kind of shit couldn't come at a worse time. The current administration is gearing up to roll out several executive orders to restrict the second amendment. As it is now, the movement in favor of a fairly loose second amendment is probably the strongest it's ever been. There's an increasing number of nontraditional gun owners (i.e. tight pants wearing hipsters, a staggering number of women are buying guns now as well.) But an armed militia standoff with federal agents can kill a lot of those attitudes pretty quick.

So they push isolated ranchers into a standoff. Regardless of the outcome, they use the standoff as a reason for a gun grab. And a cooperative media never points out the federal government caused the original problem.

Classic problem, reaction, solution.
In reading another article, it says they already served their initial sentence imposed by the trial court. A higher court shouldn't be able to come in and say "sorry, you didn't serve long enough, back to prison for you." That's a bit too much like double jeopardy IMO.
Quote: (01-03-2016 03:20 AM)Tex Pro Wrote:  

True.

In the early uprisings in East Ukraine, men armed with nothing more than Ak-47s were able to fend off the local police and national guard for a long time before needing more advanced weapons like MANPADS, ATGMs, tanks, APCs, etc from Russia.

That is why the elites in the USA are so rabid about outlawing "assault weapons", even though an overwhelming majority of gun crimes are committed by handguns.

Not that it's a 'nice' example, yet look at how effective the
Washington D.C. snipers were at putting a large district in
an anxious state with only the odd single shot here & there.
All the while demonstrating quite vividly how the notion of
government provided security is a farce.
I've read in a few places that the Hammonds are willing to turn themselves in and are refusing Bundy's help. Apparently, Bundy is still whipping people into a frenzy.
Consider the fact that many of these militias popping up in every state often consist of patriotic ex cops, off duty or retired military, skilled hunters, and guys who aren't dipshits with guns.

Granted, some are red-neck yahoo morons looking for a purpose in life, but others are fairly knowledgeable of both weaponry as well as battle tactics, and constitutional law versus state/local laws.

It's an interesting scenario that forces trained for and paid for by tax dollars taken from the very citizens in these militia, could ultimately be used against them.

Ironic this just arose, as just last night I spent 3 hours educating myself on the Bundy case, which some local military guys I know told me to seriously look into.

Their sentiment is there's definitely a growing movement of pissed off military who're becoming increasingly divided over what the federal imperative is, both stateside, and abroad.

Will be watching this and subsequent events very closely...