rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Rain water stains on white shirts

Sup guys.

Rain water leaked into my luggage at a layover and now all my white shirts have yellow stains.

I don't have a washer dryer in my apartment, the common room requires advance booking and is fully booked until Jan 4. I don't think I can find an open laundromat on new years day, and being the minimalist that I am, I don't even have a bucket to soak the shirts in in my apartment.

How hard are these to get out? What should I do immediately? These are all designer label shirts that I'd hate to bin.

I should also mention that the tub is out of the question because while I was away, my girl shaved what I think is a gorilla in there, it's clogged and very disgusting at the moment.

I'm off to try and find an open gas station convenience store to buy a clean bucket. I'm open to suggestions. I better act before the stains dry.

Cheers..

“Our great danger is not that we aim too high and fail, but that we aim too low and succeed.” ― Rollo Tomassi

Find something to soak them in. I would try and keep them submerged so the stains don't set.

My best guess: soaking them in OxiClean (sodium percarbonate) before a wash would probably do the trick.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Baking soda and water might help

Per Ardua Ad Astra | "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum"

Cobra and I did some awesome podcasts with awesome fellow members.

Damn I got freaked out. I think I got most of the stains out by washing the shirts one by one in a salad bowl before they could dry. I'll try the OxiClean thing tomorrow.

Is OxiClean generic sodium percarbonate or a proprietary blend? I've never seen it in Europe but I know sodium percarbonate exists under other brand names.

“Our great danger is not that we aim too high and fail, but that we aim too low and succeed.” ― Rollo Tomassi

It's just sodium percarbonate and some fragrance as I recall. That's why I mentioned the active ingredient and not just the brand name.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Just get a small thing of bleach. Put the bleach into piping hot water and dab the shirt until the yellow goes away.