rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Should I move abroad / advice for a young guy

Hello,
I'm a long time lurker, making my first post. Roosh (and the manosphere generally) have been a major influence in my life, and I'm glad to able to discover everything at a young age!

I'm a 22 old italian-brazilian guy living in São Paulo capital (I have EU citizenship, though I never left Brazil in my life)... I feel unhappy here, but I'm not sure if things are better in EU (or somewhere else you guys recommend me). I'll list some facts:

1 - I have an associate degree in computer programming here in Brazil. I started with BS in computer science, but education here is a godawful dogshit and I spent my classes facepalming at horrible teachers trying to teach stuff such as VisualBasic and Excel formulas, so I just quit and went for a shorter course to start working as soon as possible. I'm not sure if that's even worth anything
2 - I can speak english (no shit), fluent portuguese and so-so spanish. My italian is awful since I hardly use it here.
3 - I have solid programming skills, mainly in web development , though I dabble with crazy shit such as compilers and reverse-engineering (self-taught, been coding since I was 13). I work 9-5 as a software engineer here. I'm paid very well (for Brazilian standards), tho work is really shitty and I'm absurdly underutilized at work. I do basic maintenance on jurassic systems and code simple cookiecutter webpages, but since education here is horrid, if you can do a few lines of code and know basic english, you get a full-time job as a Software engineer. I have been on the hunt though most of the jobs around are similar/same pay, or are from clueless companies that asks for a insane skillset but offers 500 dollars monthly and wonders why they can't find good employees.
4 - I have around 25k USD invested here. Not sure if enough for a new life. I get to live reasonably well here and invest around 750 USD per month. Was a lot more, but economy is tanking here and my money is getting corroded by inflation and devaluation of the Real [Image: undecided.gif]

Given that, I dislike living here and don't see much future for me. The country is tanking, and I just don't fit in this carefree carpediem culture overall. It's a good place to have sex overall, not to get rich though.

So what do would you guys do in my situation? Move? How hard would be to find a job coming from my situation? Or should I try to find some remote work or start a location independant business and stay here with the low living costs?? [Image: huh.gif]
I'm really hopeless here, thanks in advance for the help

Move abroad. See the world. Meet foreign women.

I'm doing some self reflection right now, and I'm seeing where I am relative to my close peers over the past little while.

A few years back a close friend of mine left our city to make his dent in the world (he was in his mid 20s). Fast forward to today and he has traveled around the globe, found a good woman, made some fat stacks and found a solid career, is on the verge of buying property in the USA . . . so many good things just from putting himself out there.

I really wish I had done the same, and only now am I trying to steer my ship so I can make a similar type of journey soon.

Advice:

- Gather up as much cash as you can (sell stuff, etc.)
- Fly to a place that has dirt cheap living costs (South East Asia)
- Stay put for a while, meet interesting people, when you start getting bored, more around. You'll figure it out eventually.

Quote: (12-27-2015 07:57 PM)fagnoni Wrote:  

Hello,
I'm a long time lurker, making my first post. Roosh (and the manosphere generally) have been a major influence in my life, and I'm glad to able to discover everything at a young age!

I'm a 22 old italian-brazilian guy living in São Paulo capital (I have EU citizenship, though I never left Brazil in my life)... I feel unhappy here, but I'm not sure if things are better in EU (or somewhere else you guys recommend me). I'll list some facts:

1 - I have an associate degree in computer programming here in Brazil. I started with BS in computer science, but education here is a godawful dogshit and I spent my classes facepalming at horrible teachers trying to teach stuff such as VisualBasic and Excel formulas, so I just quit and went for a shorter course to start working as soon as possible. I'm not sure if that's even worth anything
2 - I can speak english (no shit), fluent portuguese and so-so spanish. My italian is awful since I hardly use it here.
3 - I have solid programming skills, mainly in web development , though I dabble with crazy shit such as compilers and reverse-engineering (self-taught, been coding since I was 13). I work 9-5 as a software engineer here. I'm paid very well (for Brazilian standards), tho work is really shitty and I'm absurdly underutilized at work. I do basic maintenance on jurassic systems and code simple cookiecutter webpages, but since education here is horrid, if you can do a few lines of code and know basic english, you get a full-time job as a Software engineer. I have been on the hunt though most of the jobs around are similar/same pay, or are from clueless companies that asks for a insane skillset but offers 500 dollars monthly and wonders why they can't find good employees.
4 - I have around 25k USD invested here. Not sure if enough for a new life. I get to live reasonably well here and invest around 750 USD per month. Was a lot more, but economy is tanking here and my money is getting corroded by inflation and devaluation of the Real [Image: undecided.gif]

Given that, I dislike living here and don't see much future for me. The country is tanking, and I just don't fit in this carefree carpediem culture overall. It's a good place to have sex overall, not to get rich though.

So what do would you guys do in my situation? Move? How hard would be to find a job coming from my situation? Or should I try to find some remote work or start a location independant business and stay here with the low living costs?? [Image: huh.gif]
I'm really hopeless here, thanks in advance for the help

As an American who also has EU nationality, in a word YES.

Move out and see Europe, the younger the better also as it really does shape who you are as a person. I'd save up and then do a trip of general reconnaissance as well as build contacts at home who might have connections over there for work. Do you read Maverick Travelers blog?

If you have solid IT and programming skills Eastern Europe ,especially Romania and Poland,maybe look into some American firms. They won't pay that much but for local wages you could live really well,even in Serbia,which isn't part of the EU the richest people I've met there in the private sector were into IT and programming.

You can look into multinationals and American firms all over Europe.

As a 22 year old you're in a very good position,I'd pull the trigger as soon as you can and get out and see the world. You definitely have your shit together much more than the average person our age. Leaving the US has been the best decision I ever made in my life,sure girls are a big reason why things are better here on the continent but things like quality of life,friendships and overall life experiences should be included as well. Do it man!!! Maybe save up a bit of a Fuck You fund before but do it!!! Things are only easier when you're young.

Dude I moved to Prague at 23 with all of my shit sold and 1,500 USD. Two years later I'm here and going to Budapest next week. You have more money saved than I, what is stopping you?

There was a video from Aaron Clarey that sounds exactly like you're situation--literally almost the same:

Should help you out somewhat.