rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

2016: Where Are You Going?
016: Where Are You Going?
2015 is coming to an end and I guess alot of us have already made some travel plans for the next year.
So what's on your travel list? Please share.

This is what I have coming up;

Jan. # Prague
Feb. # Lisbon
Mar. # Miami and Yucutan Mexico
Apr. # Warszawa
May. # Athens and Cyclades

Will try to do a trip back to Georgia for some days in combination with Iran.
To infinity and beyond
[Image: To-infinity-and-beyond.jpeg]

For sure Thailand and Indonesia in early 2016 (Maybe Japan,Vietnam,Cambodia)
Ukraine, Poland, Serbia - in Summer (maybe Russia)
Colombia, DR, Peru - after summer
Unless a playa fall in love with someone other then myself

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin
Will be going on a seven country Euro-trip with some college friends in June 2016 for 15 days: UK, France, The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Italy.
Jan 4, 2016 Cambodia.

I will be checking out the ruins in Siam Reap for a week.
Then Hydrofoiling down to PP for a few days.
And then bouncing around some Islands for a few weeks. Yeah!

If anybody wants to meet for a beer, Let me know.
Heading to Colombia for ten weeks in a few days, will likely travel there again later in the year. I'll move around a bit in Canada too, I'd like to hit up Montreal at some point.
January: Medellin
End of January: Shorter trips to San Francisco and Las Vegas
February to May: Thailand (with shorter trips to Vietnam and Cambodia)
May to June: Rio de Janeiro
This summer I am planning to be a lot in Europe, mainly in Sweden and Germany

Hope to meet many RVFers on the road this year [Image: banana.gif]
Moldova in a couple weeks, for my temporary resident permit in Ukraine.
Other than that nowhere. I now reside within the country of my choosing with the women I am most attracted to.

two scoops
two genders
two terms
Moscow for this summer, hopefully.
January: Israel and Jordan
February: Dominican Republic
June: Hungary, Italy
July: either Japan and Korea or West Africa
August until December: Thailand with short trips to Cambodia, Laos, Indonesia and Taiwan
My current draft itinerary looks something like this:

Mid April - June - Chiang Mai (for some focused work)
June - August - Bangkok
September - December - Vietnam
Early 2017 - Indonesia, back to the UK for a bit, then lay siege to South America
Side trips - Cambodia, Philippines, Japan, Indonesia, Taiwan

Thankfully I'm pretty flexible so if I find a place isn't to my taste I can move swiftly on. I'm hearing some great things about Indonesia, so I may have to move it up the priority list.

If I find I'm making making some decent money online I will be more inclined to move around more frequently. The longer stays are partly designed to keep costs down.
February - VanCity, B.C. (Training)
March/April - Havana, Cuba (Scuba Diving Trip & Salsa)
June - Dusseldorf, Germany (Vacay)
September - Cozumel, Mexico (Triathlon World Champs)
November - Manila/Palawan/Davao, Philippines (Lots of diving!!!)

Would like to hit up Ukraine! Will see if I can squeeze that in!
Hungary in Jan with my broke ass and hopefully Poland in February with my second broke ass.
No real plans, but will inevitably be various long weekend raids around SE Asia while I'm still living & working in Singapore. Numerous trips to Jakarta and Bali in particular.

However I am looking to check out some previously unvisited territory such as Mongolia and S Korea. I expect this year to go on more trips where the focus won't be (completely) on chasing pussy.

Irish
Trying to decide whether to hit up Colombia again, or try somewhere new. Currently in Germany, will be heading to Vienna next week. Would love to get over to SEA if I can push myself to do it.
Pinky: Gee Brain, what do you want to do tonight?
Brain: The same thing we do every night Pinky, try to take over the world.

Thailand, Taiwan, Hong Kong, England, South Africa, France, Holland, Belgium so far and hopefully many more.
Santo Domingo, DR for a few weeks, probably June.

Relocating to Austin,TX in August. (I want mah home base in a state with no income tax)

I'd really want to check out Colombia this year but I'm not sure how to fit it in. I could get talked into South America again in summer/fall.

Decisions decisions...

The Peru Thread
"Feminists exist in a quantum super-state in which they are both simultaneously the victim and the aggressor." - Milo Yiannopoulos
In no particular order:

New Orleans
Puerto Rico
DR
Haiti
Cuba
Mexico
Venezuela
Colombia
Brazil

Possibly Indonesia and Philippines.

Could get stuck somewhere and spend the whole year, but planning on moving around a bit.
Leaving the corporate world March 15th.

Will head to Krakow, then south towards Belgrade, and Bucharest or Sofia. Want to also try to see Istanbul for a couple days.

In summer my family will be coming to Europe and we'll hit Venice, Paris, and Amsterdam. After the summer I'll head to Puerto Rico, Colombia, and Brazil (with the guy who posted right above me, coincidentally).
Not counting any domestic US trips, I plan to hit up in 2016:

Thailand - 3 weeks Feb/March
Dominician Republic - 2 weeks April or May
Colombia - June (maybe)
Philippines - July, to live in for 6 months
I saw on tv southwest is flying direct to DR now. Any players doing this?
January: Cape Town, South Africa
February: Bogota, Barranquilla, Cartagena, Medellin and maybe Cali Colombia
March: Havana and Miami
April: Peru and probably more Colombia
May: Hong Kong and Beijing hopefully
June: Madrid and Barcelona
July: Barcelona, more random places in Spain and eastern Europe
August: NYC, LA and probably Hawaii
September: Hawaii, Tokyo, Seoul
October: China and Hong Kong
November: Australia maybe? Colombia? Mexico?
December: Colombia, Peru or Panama and maybe Mexico or somewhere new in Central America

Definitely looking forward to 2016!
Quote: (12-27-2015 10:57 PM)natas305 Wrote:  

December: Colombia, Peru or Panama and maybe Mexico or somewhere new in Central America

I travel a decent amount, but how the fuck do you keep that schedule up? Certainly not trying to be rude, but that much moving sounds exhausting. Wouldn't mind seeing a breakdown of your travel style.
how much is that gonna cost. you location independent?
Quote: (12-27-2015 11:07 PM)MasculineProfiles Wrote:  

Quote: (12-27-2015 10:57 PM)natas305 Wrote:  

I travel a decent amount, but how the fuck do you keep that schedule up? Certainly not trying to be rude, but that much moving sounds exhausting. Wouldn't mind seeing a breakdown of your travel style.

Yea that's crazy man. I would consider at least relaxing in 2 or 3 of these places for month. Moving around every couple days will burn you out real quick.

@worldtraveler - I am doing something similar.(as in traveling for a year) If your getting your own room, I'd say I'll end up dropping 35K when its all said and done. If you avoid Europe it will be less. Europe puts a giant hole in your pocket.
Quote: (12-27-2015 11:07 PM)MasculineProfiles Wrote:  

I'm just used to it at this point. I've been doing this for 26 months now. I get antsy to go somewhere new and try something else out every couple weeks. I used to consolidate it around continents more, but I'm pretty good with super long flights now back and forth.

I don't mind breaking down my travel style more for you, but I'm not sure what you're specifically looking for. I usually do Airbnbs or just stay in hotels and my flights are usually award flights or deals found on sites like theflightdeal.net or somewhere like that. I usually book things 1-2 months in advance and allow for flexibility if I decide to change my mind on something.

Quote: (12-27-2015 11:12 PM)worldtraveler3 Wrote:  

how much is that gonna cost. you location independent?

Not really sure how much it will cost, but I do have a monthly budget I usually try to stay under, and surprisingly, it's usually under what my rent used to be for my nice apartment in South Beach. I also use frequent flier miles mostly, so the flights aren't crazy expensive.

I'm *largely* location independent, but I do have to take trips back to the USA every 8-10 weeks or so to visit my office. So there will be lots of little trips to NYC scattered throughout that itinerary too.

Quote: (12-27-2015 11:28 PM)godzilla Wrote:  

Yea that's crazy man. I would consider at least relaxing in 2 or 3 of these places for month. Moving around every couple days will burn you out real quick.

A month is usually the max I stay anywhere now. I definitely get burned out moving every few days, so I do usually stay somewhere for a week or two at least.