rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

LA Flake #7891

LA Flake #7891

Hey folk,

I need your input/suggestions on this scenario as I'm thinking to drop this new girl from my "roster" (horrible expression, I know ;-)).
Recently I have been trying to get out my comfort zone more often, however when I bump into flakes I wonder if to make an extra step is ever worth it.
I feel it is always a mistake.
Listen up.
Once again, I hope my long post is a useful learning experience for you guys as well.

Two weeks ago I approached a group of four girls sitting at a bar.
I DHV and successfully disarmed all the 3 friends so that I could then ask my real target out, a 23 years old half indian half mexican girl that was by far the better looking one.
I ignored her and talked to her only after talking for 25 min with her other friends.
I easily got her to agree about going out.

I spoke to her on the phone and 4 days later we went on a date.
Smooth.
During the date she even admitted that all her friends had a great impression of me and pushed for her to go out with me (I teased her, "ah, great, so if it wasnt for your friends you would not be here?").

Anyway, the date was ok (she bored me!) and I cut it short before it would become boring for her as well.
The girl seemed to respond and be interested though, perhaps she was also oblivious to the fact I wasnt thrilled.

Funny to observe how after I cut the date short and walked her to her car, - but didnt kiss her, neither intended to - she insisted to give me a lift to my car, even though I told her I rather walk considering my car was HALF - block away.

Anyway, when I called her two days later we easily scheduled the 2nd date and she sounded enthusiastic.

Then the flake mode kicked in.

She calls me the day of the date, at lunch time, and leave a message telling me she has been sick and she wants to reschedule. Following Roosh's advice I didnt pick up the phone, let her leave the message and returned her call very late, close to our date time.

We spoke and easily agreed to reschedule for tuesday.
Honestly she sounded sick.
I didnt sense any resistance.
On the contrary.

On monday though, when I checked on her via text, she said she was still quite sick...but she didnt ask to reschedule.

On tuesday, hours before the date, I texted her just to confirm and voila', here comes the real FLAKE:

- she texts back saying she "super is sorry blah blah blah but has to work late because she has been calling in sick and must catch up with work etc".

In other words, BS.
Especially considering the very short notice and the fact she didnt call or text previously to let me know.

After that we texted back and forth a few times and I played it cool, teasing her for being a slave of the corporate system (she is an accountant).
I didnt ask to reschedule though, neither she did.
She just responded promptly.

Now, time to forget about it and walk away as this one is flawed, being a flake?
This is my inclination.
Should I instead wait and do nothing but give her a chance if she calls me?
I think that calling her again is definitely what I wont do.

Let me know what you think.

p.s. she is a solid 8+. Wealthy, spoiled daddy's girl.

LA Flake #7891

Quote: (01-28-2009 05:45 PM)Oblivion77 Wrote:  

Hey folk,

I need your input/suggestions on this scenario as I'm thinking to drop this new girl from my "roster" (horrible expression, I know ;-)).
Recently I have been trying to get out my comfort zone more often, however when I bump into flakes I wonder if to make an extra step is ever worth it.
I feel it is always a mistake.
Listen up.
Once again, I hope my long post is a useful learning experience for you guys as well.

Two weeks ago I approached a group of four girls sitting at a bar.
I DHV and successfully disarmed all the 3 friends so that I could then ask my real target out, a 23 years old half indian half mexican girl that was by far the better looking one.
I ignored her and talked to her only after talking for 25 min with her other friends.
I easily got her to agree about going out.

I spoke to her on the phone and 4 days later we went on a date.
Smooth.
During the date she even admitted that all her friends had a great impression of me and pushed for her to go out with me (I teased her, "ah, great, so if it wasnt for your friends you would not be here?").

Anyway, the date was ok (she bored me!) and I cut it short before it would become boring for her as well.
The girl seemed to respond and be interested though, perhaps she was also oblivious to the fact I wasnt thrilled.

Funny to observe how after I cut the date short and walked her to her car, - but didnt kiss her, neither intended to - she insisted to give me a lift to my car, even though I told her I rather walk considering my car was HALF - block away.

Anyway, when I called her two days later we easily scheduled the 2nd date and she sounded enthusiastic.

Then the flake mode kicked in.

She calls me the day of the date, at lunch time, and leave a message telling me she has been sick and she wants to reschedule. Following Roosh's advice I didnt pick up the phone, let her leave the message and returned her call very late, close to our date time.

We spoke and easily agreed to reschedule for tuesday.
Honestly she sounded sick.
I didnt sense any resistance.
On the contrary.

On monday though, when I checked on her via text, she said she was still quite sick...but she didnt ask to reschedule.

On tuesday, hours before the date, I texted her just to confirm and voila', here comes the real FLAKE:

- she texts back saying she "super is sorry blah blah blah but has to work late because she has been calling in sick and must catch up with work etc".

In other words, BS.
Especially considering the very short notice and the fact she didnt call or text previously to let me know.

After that we texted back and forth a few times and I played it cool, teasing her for being a slave of the corporate system (she is an accountant).
I didnt ask to reschedule though, neither she did.
She just responded promptly.

Now, time to forget about it and walk away as this one is flawed, being a flake?
This is my inclination.
Should I instead wait and do nothing but give her a chance if she calls me?
I think that calling her again is definitely what I wont do.

Let me know what you think.

p.s. she is a solid 8+. Wealthy, spoiled daddy's girl.

Nevermind.
I just found an e-mail of Roosh regarding flakes that discusses a similar scenario.
Very helpful!

LA Flake #7891

(Oblivion - did you have to quote the whole damn post again?)

Sometimes you date and you think everything is going all fine in a technical sense. From what you posted here, everything you did was perfect.

The one thing that stands out for me is that you found her boring. I would ask questions about how maybe all you body language may have changed when you found her boring. I mean, I don't know, but thats something to think about.

Another thing is that while most girls like sex and take an interest in guys, some actually are quite confused about their sexuality (like some guys).

We can never be certain why - but one explanation is that somehow this was a sign of things to come - ie. her lack of interest in pursuing a second date. Some girls are boring as a defense mechanism - a 'blood from a stone' type thing. The good news is that there are not many of these girls around. I have one classic example. SHe is a very special and very hot girl, but she has real mental issues.

Also around 30% of the girls I date have had sexuality issues. THis hasn't meant they can't have relationships or sex, but there is something there that the guy needs to work on with them thats not his fault.

While 99% of time I usually take the view that I am responsible for interactions so I can learn from them, sometimes it is the other person (ie half indian girl) who has some kind of issue. SOmetimes you have to make the call that its actually her, and just move on without taking any lesson about what you could have done.

"For the true meaning of victory ask the defeated warrior"

LA Flake #7891

Quote: (01-30-2009 07:22 PM)twigman Wrote:  

(Oblivion - did you have to quote the whole damn post again?)

Sometimes you date and you think everything is going all fine in a technical sense. From what you posted here, everything you did was perfect.

The one thing that stands out for me is that you found her boring. I would ask questions about how maybe all you body language may have changed when you found her boring. I mean, I don't know, but thats something to think about.

Another thing is that while most girls like sex and take an interest in guys, some actually are quite confused about their sexuality (like some guys).

We can never be certain why - but one explanation is that somehow this was a sign of things to come - ie. her lack of interest in pursuing a second date. Some girls are boring as a defense mechanism - a 'blood from a stone' type thing. The good news is that there are not many of these girls around. I have one classic example. SHe is a very special and very hot girl, but she has real mental issues.

Also around 30% of the girls I date have had sexuality issues. THis hasn't meant they can't have relationships or sex, but there is something there that the guy needs to work on with them thats not his fault.

While 99% of time I usually take the view that I am responsible for interactions so I can learn from them, sometimes it is the other person (ie half indian girl) who has some kind of issue. SOmetimes you have to make the call that its actually her, and just move on without taking any lesson about what you could have done.

Twigman,

Thanks for your two cents.
I believe in this case the suspension of judgement that you mentioned, might be the best advice.
I really dont think I screwed up this opportunity (especially being only partially interested in her. - i.e. boring girl).
For once I'm actually pleased with my game.

It might be that she is emotionally unavailable.
Or who knows, maybe screwing many other guys!? ;-)

That said, I am not going to do anything else, if she texts, ergo makes a statement, we will go from there.

A note in this regard: in Italy, where I come from, girls easily call guys after the first date (the guy is nearly always initiating the first date).
Moving to the US I learnt that here the dating scene is way more rigid and one-directional.
The guy always has to call and invite the girl out.
At least for the first 3-4 times, or until he sleeps with her.
Then, and only then, she will start to call him and initiate dates etc.

At least this is what all my american female friends told me.

I was appalled when I heard about it!

I have been trying to adapt to it, even though I cant deny the "american" way is more confusing, as nobody is really sure of what the other thinks.
While a more reciprocal way of dating, as in Europe, leaves less room to misunderstandings.

LA Flake #7891

Yes - good point - here you always have to put in the effort, even post 1st date. I agree, it seems to be the social culture, there is far more judgment about girls who show their sexuality in a healthy way being 'sluts' - thank you you moronic christian dumbasses.

"For the true meaning of victory ask the defeated warrior"