rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Male models vs actors

Male models vs actors

I recently showed a girl pictures of four men, to see which elicited a greater attraction response, based on physical appearance alone. This was a non-Western girl who knew who none of these men were. These were the pictures:

Marlon Brando (actor):
[Image: attachment.jpg28911]   

Steve McQueen (actor):
[Image: attachment.jpg28912]   

David Gandy (male model):
[Image: attachment.jpg28913]   

I also showed her two different pictures of Parker Hurley, male model. This one:
[Image: attachment.jpg28914]   

And this one:
[Image: attachment.jpg28915]   

Despite the male models being significantly more facially attractive, Brando and McQueen elicited the strongest response by far. Of the two pictures of the male model Parker Hurley, the second one elicited a significantly stronger response despite being pictures of the same guy.

Discuss.

Male models vs actors

Doesn't matter how good looking a guy is - if the picture is boring it's not going to be as catching as an interesting picture of a man looking masculine/having character. Brando is full of character and looking classically masculine as hell in that vintage photo. Aside from him being a good looking cat, its just a cool ass photo in general. Same goes for the 2nd pic of the male model. There is stuff going on and he looks interesting and badass. Not staring at the camera is important too

EDIT: And that is the most bold difference in the pictures you selected. The ones the girl liked were NOT looking straight at the camera. The men look more aloof or in their own world and natural/relaxed.

Male models vs actors

Quote: (12-02-2015 12:49 AM)General Stalin Wrote:  

Doesn't matter how good looking a guy is - if the picture is boring it's not going to be as catching as an interesting picture of a man looking masculine/having character. Brando is full of character and looking classically masculine as hell in that vintage photo. Aside from him being a good looking cat, its just a cool ass photo in general. Same goes for the 2nd pic of the male model. There is stuff going on and he looks interesting and badass. Not staring at the camera is important too

EDIT: And that is the most bold difference in the pictures you selected. The ones the girl liked were NOT looking straight at the camera. The men look more aloof or in their own world and natural/relaxed.

It is because the pictures have indications of alpha traits in them. It shows how multidimensional male SMV is respective to female SMV. If you put up a picture up on Tinder of McQueen's expressionless face (assuming hypothetically that nobody knew he was), he would get poor results. His facial appearance is rugged and he couldn't have been a modern male model in a million years. However, put some sunglasses on, a dangerous expression, a motorbyke, some oil on your built body, a cigarette in your mouth, a gun or a bottle of alcohol on the table, looking over at an implied hot girl, and his SMV goes from maybe a 6 to a 10. This is based on appearance and pictures alone, where the girl hasn't even seen your game yet. That is why actors get all the play, and male models do comparatively much worse, despite being much better looking. A man's SMV is based on his persona. Male looks in the feminine male model sense will elicit in women a certain admiration or respect, similar to how you respect and admire a good painting, but they will not elicit a strong sexual response in the way a woman's looks do. What does that to a woman is a man's persona, and pictures are only as good as the measure in which they transmit a high-value persona.

Important tip for online daters.

Male models vs actors

Another example. Two pictures of the same guy. The second picture could easily get you 10x, I kid you not, more matches online. A whole ten-fold increase.

SJW fag:
[Image: attachment.jpg28916]   

vs top alpha dog:
[Image: attachment.jpg28917]   

Male models vs actors

Body language & disinterest in picture being taken

Male models vs actors

Quote: (12-02-2015 12:59 AM)Jesus Christ Wrote:  

Quote: (12-02-2015 12:49 AM)General Stalin Wrote:  

It is because the pictures have indications of alpha traits in them. It shows how multidimensional male SMV is respective to female SMV. If you put up a picture up on Tinder of McQueen's expressionless face (assuming hypothetically that nobody knew he was), he would get poor results. His facial appearance is rugged and he couldn't have been a modern male model in a million years. However, put some sunglasses on, a dangerous expression, a motorbyke, some oil on your built body, a cigarette in your mouth, a gun or a bottle of alcohol on the table, looking over at an implied hot girl, and his SMV goes from maybe a 6 to a 10. This is based on appearance and pictures alone, where the girl hasn't even seen your game yet. That is why actors get all the play, and male models do comparatively much worse, despite being much better looking. A man's SMV is based on his persona. Male looks in the feminine male model sense will elicit in women a certain admiration or respect, similar to how you respect and admire a good painting, but they will not elicit a strong sexual response in the way a woman's looks do. What does that to a woman is a man's persona, and pictures are only as good as the measure in which they transmit a high-value persona.

Important tip for online daters.

You are leaving out the massive boost a star gets in a celebrity worshipping culture.

Male models vs actors

[Image: 2upwx6o.jpg]

Male models vs actors

Quote: (12-02-2015 01:16 AM)Jesus Christ Wrote:  

vs top alpha dog:

"Top alpha dog"? I only see a shaven fag in skinny jeans...

Male models vs actors

Male models are always lacking in masculinity—they are chosen by gay men, to sell clothes and perfume to gay men. Brando is the epitome of masculinity, of course the girl preferred him.

I guess some male models are good looking and some are not, and we as men can’t tell for shit which is which—all I know is that Brando was amazing with women just like Dicaprio is now.

Jack Nicholson looks unspectacular to me, but again, his success tells you otherwise: if a guy is a playboy, chances are he’s extremely handsome to women, whatever you may think of him.

Male models vs actors

Humans are mobile creatures, they move.
A picture is a frozen moment that unless done professionally, meaning 100 retries, light, angles and other shit won't show your true self, body language, the look in your eyes when you look at her, your smile, your posture in movement etc.

Male models vs actors

Quote: (12-01-2015 11:48 PM)Jesus Christ Wrote:  

I recently showed a girl pictures of four men, to see which elicited a greater attraction response, based on physical appearance alone. This was a non-Western girl who knew who none of these men were.

Discuss.

1. Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal.

2. Listen to what a woman does. Not what she says.

Male models vs actors

The movie stars today are so fuckin soy compared to the old days.

[Image: _paulnewmaninvenice1963_dc8f2a0a.jpg?6a1...c657feb69d]

[Image: Young-Clint-Eastwood-holding-a-young-arm..._94632.jpg]

Male models vs actors

Many Western Women would have gone for an effeminate male model, and said Brando was too 'arrogant'. At least that's what they'd say

Male models vs actors

I remember one time I went to a nightclub.
Spotted one chick with a big rack and her buddy.
I had to swoop in before some other dude does.

Briefly chatted to the buddy before moving onto the big rack chick.
Chatted her up.
Talked about random shit and noticed she had some male Hollywood actor or model dude as a wallpaper on her phone.

I would be deterred by that back then.
Nowadays I don't care about those static images and just keep proceeding and see how far I can go.

After some more touching finally went for at best a makeout.

This animated clip is a grossly overblown exaggeration of what I did but you get the idea:
1:27 to 1:37. Ignore the rest.

Male models vs actors

Quote: (09-27-2018 07:37 PM)Rorogue Wrote:  

Many Western Women would have gone for an effeminate male model, and said Brando was too 'arrogant'. At least that's what they'd say

There was a woman who dated both Brando and Elvis. She said Brando was a real man, complex, intelligent, whereas Elvis was like a child by comparison. Brando was arrogant to some women, Ava Gardner famously did call him to complain when he had published he'd bedded her, which wasn't true. She told Brando 'your brain has got soft', to which Brando replied 'Darling that's not the only part of my anatomy that's gone soft lately, isn't that punishment enough'....so arrogant as he was, he was intelligent in defusing it and knew how to talk to women. He was more intelligent than most actors, more complex, and women liked that.