rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Spike Lee: College Women Should Go On A Sex Strike To Stop Date Rape

Quote:Quote:

Spike Lee has urged female students across the country to stage a 'sex strike' in a bid to stop sexual harassment on campus.

The director believes there is an 'abundance' of sexual assaults and date raps in colleges and thinks women should take action to stop it.

The 58-year-old writer and producer made the controversial comments while talking to Stephen Colbert about his new film Chi-Raq on The Late Show.

'I think a sex strike could really work on college campuses where there’s an abundance of sexual harassment or date rapes,' he said.

Re'Second semester it’s going to happen. Once people coming back from Christmas and some stuff jumps off, there’s going to be sex strikes in universities and college campuses across this country.'

A recent survey by the Association of American Universities found that more than 10 per cent of respondents had been assaulted by men wanting sex.

Nearly a quarter said they had been the victim of an unwanted sexual advance.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ampus.html

Breaking news, 15 minutes after the first strike is instituted: hookers set up shop in apartments just off campus, offer student discounts, get more business and make more money than the weekend an aircraft carrier docks in San Diego.

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

Does Spike Lee qualify as an SJW? Just curious... I always thought he was cool back in the day, with "Do the Right Thing", hanging out at the Knicks games, and the Nike commercial, but doesn't seem like he's really done anything particularly good in a minute, that Chi-raq movie looks like crap.

Drunk college girls going on a sex strike.

[Image: laugh2.gif]

I'm tired of these old fucks that take the fun out of everything. I wonder if there were celebrities proposing female college students go on a sex strike when Spike Lee was in school . As I always believe Baby Boomers are the worst generation America has ever produced. These people inherited one of the greatest economic advantages in the history of the world an ideal lifestyle and completely turned it into shit. Then have the nerve to talk shit about Millennials and how they are entitled.

Spike Lee must have just read Lysistrata . Not only did he mention a sex strike in this context, it's the plot of his most recent movie.

Quote: (11-27-2015 01:52 AM)Bacchus Wrote:  

Spike Lee must have just read Lysistrata . Not only did he mention a sex strike in this context, it's the plot of his most recent movie.

He has, that was the point.

But I'm as old school hip hop and NOI as they come, and this is some bullshit.

WIA

A lot of these guys are hustling the BS going on. They don't believe in any of this crap, they are just trying to monetise it and draw attention to their own projects by uttering this bull.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Yeah, I'm not so sure about Spike Lee nowadays.

He's not so famous for making movies anymore rather than for crying like a little bitch every time Quentin Tarantino releases a movie.

A sex strike might cause sexually frustrated frat bros to actually rape. Even if "rape culture" was a real thing, the majority of these girls being "raped" are in reality just getting drunk at parties and hooking up with someone, not going out on "dates" and regretting it later. I don't think Spike thought this through, old and out of touch. Dating doesn't even really happen in college, it's a hookup culture (not a rape culture). If these women would take responsibility for their poor decision making we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Spike Lee hasn't really been relevant since 1990. He's probably a decent dude one-on-one, but he just seems to radiate an air of douchebaggery that's hard to put your finger on.

My personal feeling is that the guy is basically a decent human being, but just likes to stir the pot, make waves, to get rises out of people.

Which is fine, as far as that goes.

He falls into the category of "annoying, but harmless" for me.

Trust me, we're going to look back on old school Brooklyn dudes like Spike with fondness and nostalgia, when compared to the psycho, wacko, next-generation SJWs coming up now.

We're all going to begging for old Spike to come back, compared to the irrational maniacs out there now.

Nearly a quarter said they had been the victim of an unwanted sexual advance.

Wait, what is an "unwanted sexual advance"? Is that when someone you don't find attractive makes a move on you?

I don't think that should be a crime, and I think we've all had a variety of whales, old hags and obnoxious cunts thrown our way.

This makes as much sense as saying that islamophobia is how the terrorists win.

I dont like how the 30 second clip has zero context. It seemed like he was responding to a leading question from Stephen Colbert but we didnt get to hear the question. From what little we get from the clip Colbert, who is followed by the SJW crowd, may have being steering the convo in that direction anyhow.

I brush this off as marketing. Spike doesn't even believe what he is saying, its so obvious. Spike is desperate to get people talking about his movie and this will make headlines. His last decent movies were mid-00s, Inside Man with Denzel washington and then Miracle at St. Anna. For the last decade its been complete crap. He needs this one to do well so he is playing the game, as despicable as it may be.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

I don't think people give that much credit. I see this as reading between the lines...

Women never take agency for their actions and by him putting this idea out it forces women to actually act. They can't hide if they did partake in this "protest" and it would prove the rape hysteria to bring all hype anyway.

I am always 100% anything that forces women to own their follys. I think Spike sees this but is saying this in the most PC way possible.

I don't think Spike lee understands that actual rapists aren't going to care if you're on strike or not.

Another PC-Liberal own goal!

So colleges are dens of date rape and sexual assault, with frat houses being particularly onerous?

Then why are girls still flocking to colleges en masse every year, and why do hordes of undergraduate girls eagerly descend upon frat houses every weekend?

So either:
1) College girls are incredibly stupid
2) College girls want to be raped/sexually assaulted
3) The widespread college date rape/sexual assault phenomenon is greatly exaggerated, if not fabricated

The above are not mutually exclusive.

Calling for a sex strike among college girls also confirms non-sexual egalitarian views: That the most valuable asset a young woman has is control of sexual access, and that sexual access is something women control and men desire.

Yes, rape and sexual assault can be real concerns for women: However, the demographic of greatest threat in the States or Europe is certainly not Duke Lacrosse-playing lookalikes in frat houses or the European equivalent. Not that the PC-Liberal complex will ever admit this.

#NoSingleMoms
#NoHymenNoDiamond
#DontWantDaughters

Quote: (11-27-2015 03:18 PM)Kabal Wrote:  

Another PC-Liberal own goal!

So colleges are dens of date rape and sexual assault, with frat houses being particularly onerous?

Then why are girls still flocking to colleges en masse every year, and why do hordes of undergraduate girls eagerly descend upon frat houses every weekend?

So either:
1) College girls are incredibly stupid
2) College girls want to be raped/sexually assaulted
3) The widespread college date rape/sexual assault phenomenon is greatly exaggerated, if not fabricated

The above are not mutually exclusive.

Calling for a sex strike among college girls also confirms non-sexual egalitarian views: That the most valuable asset a young woman has is control of sexual access, and that sexual access is something women control and men desire.

Yes, rape and sexual assault can be real concerns for women: However, the demographic of greatest threat in the States or Europe is certainly not Duke Lacrosse-playing lookalikes in frat houses or the European equivalent. Not that the PC-Liberal complex will ever admit this.

If campus rape was so endemic as these people would have us believe, colleges would seem like Berlin as it was being invaded by the Red Army.

Maybe it's because I'm only 31, but I've never seen Spike Lee do anything other than cry like a little bitch.

Apparently he's held up as a great film maker, but going through his list of films I don't recognize hardly any of them. Sound like a bunch of straight to DVD flicks to me.

In fact, the only things I remember him doing are crying about interracial relationships and Don Sterling. That and they pan to him at some basketball games.

Quote: (11-27-2015 02:04 PM)SirTimothy Wrote:  

I don't think Spike lee understands that actual rapists aren't going to care if you're on strike or not.

I think that he understands, this is a very clever statement that was not understood by the audience or people in general. My understanding is that if a strike means there will be no rapes...then there are no rapes at all. Let them strike.

I'm all for it. Let's see whether any of the ones complaining about "rape culture" are capable of keeping their legs shut or whether they're the type that's going to be need to be buried in a Y-shaped coffin.

They really should follow Spike's advice. Instead of rape victims, there would only be strikebreakers.

Spike Lee like most Americans is unaware that the rape statistics on campus are bullshit and does not have the time or energy to do the research. For the record I am currently around a bunch of busy medical students and here are the beliefs of 99 percent of them:
1) Emma Sulkowicz was a victim and her rape was poorly handled by the police and Columbia University.
2) The Hunting Ground was %100 factual and well researched and was a movie featuring brave women forcing light onto the issue of campus rape which is out of control.
3)People have the right to never be offended at work and at school
4)The wage gap is real and women get paid less for the same work.
5)Women are discriminated against and Hillary will fix this when she is president.
6)Cyber abuse, Cyber death threats, and Cyber insensitivity should be actionable by the law, even when made in jest, based on the recipient's subjective feelings.

Most people are too busy to do the research to see these statements are not true. They see a headline or quick news story and accept it as gospel. Spike Lee and the public in general are among these people.

Delicious Tacos is the voice of my generation....

Quote: (11-27-2015 04:36 PM)RioNomad Wrote:  

Apparently he's held up as a great film maker, but going through his list of films I don't recognize hardly any of them. Sound like a bunch of straight to DVD flicks to me.

Rio, you might enjoy 25th Hour with Edward Norton (from 2002) and He Got Game with Denzel Washington (from 1998). Both are very watchable movies. Of course Spike is no kind of genius but he did make a few decent flicks.

Quote: (11-27-2015 06:32 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  

Spike Lee like most Americans is unaware that the rape statistics on campus are bullshit and does not have the time or energy to do the research.

I think this is letting Spike (and everyone else who claims to think like him) off the hook a little too easily. Most people are not stupid, and they have basic common sense. They know very well that college campuses are not dangerous places, and there are no men in ski masks jumping out from behind bushes, dragging girls away, and raping them. As proof of this, all these people are perfectly happy to send their daughters to college, which they obviously wouldn't do if they really thought it was a dangerous place full of actual rapists.

I think there is a little less confusion than you might imagine, and a lot more mendacity and willingness to conform and think in line with the officially sanctioned ideology, no matter how absurd its claims may be. Basic human sleaze, the desire to go along with the program, is real and pervasive; it may even be partially excusable, but that's not to say it's entirely innocent and ingenuous. It is not.

same old shit, sixes and sevens Shaft...

Quote: (11-27-2015 04:36 PM)RioNomad Wrote:  

Maybe it's because I'm only 31, but I've never seen Spike Lee do anything other than cry like a little bitch.

In fact, the only things I remember him doing are crying about interracial relationships and Don Sterling. That and they pan to him at some basketball games.

At his worst, he can also be a bit of a punk and a hater.

He whined about Tyler Perry's movies when they made more money than his movies.

Then for a while he was whining about Harlem becoming gentrified when whites moved in.

I guess his father (a musician) lived in a brownstone in Harlem and had a white neighbor call the cops when he was playing his sax too loud.

Kind of ridiculous stuff....

It's pretty much the plot to his recent film/miniseries. He thinks his work is real I fear.