rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Enabling and the Culture of Conformity

Enabling and the Culture of Conformity

What makes a coward a coward?
I believe a coward is a person that doesn't know what makes them happy. All people desire happiness but a coward is either unwilling, or worse, has no idea how to initiate their own happiness. Thus the coward wanders around aimlessly conforming to trends and patterns of group thought.

Individual philosophy, introspection and even retrospection have never breached the recesses of the mind of the coward because this way of thought is the opposite of conformity. Being ostracized is the coward's greatest fear, that is why any dissenting thoughts must be dismissed, but most of all, having one's own thoughts and opinions takes work.

Unfortunately conformity is not the end result of the coward. In order for the coward to survive and thrive he/she must enable cowardice around them; spreading, reinforcing, perpetuating and evolving their belief system throughout society.

For a long time I have wondered why a common person in a position of authority over common citizens (police officers, politicians, etc.) lend themselves to conformity. My conclusion is that they fit my definition of a coward; they have never known individual happiness so they conformed to what an authority told them was happiness. Having sacrificed their individuality they now have but one choice: Enable what authority dictates; reinforcing what they believe to be happiness (conformity). All this so that they will never have to look in the mirror and see themselves for what they are: a coward.

And the cycle repeats, everyday more enabling cowards are being birthed en masse.

two scoops
two genders
two terms