rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

'Strongest Hurricane Ever Recorded' Hurricane Patricia Heads for Mexico

Members in southwestern Mexico should brace for this record-breaking Category 5 monster of a hurricane hitting land later today with 200+mph winds.

[Image: 1047271_630x354.jpg]
[Image: Hurricane-Patricia-NOAA-3x-jpg.jpg]

Quote:Quote:

Forecasters say Hurricane Patricia has grown into the strongest hurricane ever recorded in the Western hemisphere, packing 200 mile per hour winds, and expected to dump up to a foot of rain likely to cause flash floods and mudslides when it makes landfall on Mexico's Pacific coast late Friday.

The U.S. National Hurricane Center in Miami reported that the Category 5 storm's maximum sustained winds had grown to 200 miles per hour (mph), making it the strongest storm on record in the eastern Pacific and Atlantic.

"This is an extremely dangerous, potentially catastrophic hurricane," center meteorologist Dennis Feltgen said.

Feltgen said Patricia also poses problems for Texas, especially the western part of the state which is bracing for a rare "back door storm" hitting the western part of the state first, unlike most Gulf hurricanes striking Texas from the southeast. Forecast models indicate that after the storm breaks up over land, remnants of its tropical moisture will likely combine with and contribute to heavy rainfall that is already soaking Texas independently of the hurricane, he said.

"It's only going to make a bad situation worse," he said.

Director of Mexico's National Water Commission Roberto Ramirez says that Hurricane Patricia is powerful enough to lift up automobiles, destroy homes that are not sturdily built with cement and steel and will be able to drag along people caught outside when the storm strikes.

I'll be eyeing the international weather radar throughout the day. Looks like Mexico City will avoid the bad stuff but states like Colima and Jalisco will get hit hard.

Bring that fucking rain to California goddamit - if it was colder I'd pray to the snow gods for a solid start to the shred season.

Well wishes and good luck to the Mexicans caught in its path - this might have a bit of a death toll with it.

Quote: (10-23-2015 11:12 AM)kaotic Wrote:  

if it was colder I'd pray to the snow gods for a solid start to the shred season.

No, I'm already praying for the snow gods to stop the migrants, don't confuse them.

Bring that fucking rain to California goddamit - if it was colder I'd pray to the snow gods for a solid start to the shred season.

Well wishes and good luck to the Mexicans caught in its path - this might have a bit of a death toll with it.

and well wishes to the americans when it crosses mexico...its on track to run up through north texas into oklahoma and essentially ride tornado alley. Pumping hurricane sized energy into tornado alley could spawn monumental tornados.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Quote: (10-23-2015 11:36 AM)iop890 Wrote:  

if it was colder I'd pray to the snow gods for a solid start to the shred season.

No, I'm already praying for the snow gods to stop the migrants, don't confuse them.

Shame its not in Europe.

Quote: (10-23-2015 11:37 AM)Dr. Howard Wrote:  

and well wishes to the americans when it crosses mexico...its on track to run up through north texas into oklahoma and essentially ride tornado alley. Pumping hurricane sized energy into tornado alley could spawn monumental tornados.

Yup, coming up Texas's backside which is unusual, Texas already has battled with some really bad floods this year.

its on track to run up through north texas into oklahoma and essentially ride tornado alley. Pumping hurricane sized energy into tornado alley could spawn monumental tornados.

Shit, It's already been raining non-stop since yesterday here. Just fuck my weekend up, Patricia. [Image: dodgy.gif]

Quote: (10-23-2015 11:42 AM)iop890 Wrote:  

its on track to run up through north texas into oklahoma and essentially ride tornado alley. Pumping hurricane sized energy into tornado alley could spawn monumental tornados.

Shit, It's already been raining non-stop since yesterday here. Just fuck my weekend up, Patricia. [Image: dodgy.gif]

Ever noticed the biggest hurricanes are named after women, and they fuck everything up ?

Sandy, Camille, Katrina, now Patricia.

I can't wait for a Hurricane to be called Felicia [Image: lol.gif]

I hope it passes through and comes to Florida.

Quote: (10-23-2015 11:45 AM)kaotic Wrote:  

Ever noticed the biggest hurricanes are named after women, and they fuck everything up ?

Dont you mean Hillary

I thought they were all named after women until a few years ago.

Damn global warming...er, cooling...er, climate change. Bush and SUVs are causing all of this turmoil.

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

For your physical health I recommend holing up in some sturdily built hotel, and for your mental health I recommend inviting a girl along "just for safety".

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Trumps gonna need a bigger wall.

Quote: (10-23-2015 03:15 PM)Foolsgo1d Wrote:  

Trumps gonna need a bigger wall.

"Ingenious mexicans line up at the border with parachutes, waiting to be blown into america by Patricia"

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Am I the only one thinking that this will spawn our own "refugee" problem. Meaning 10 refugees and 2 million others looking for an easy ticket to the US.

Edit: Guess not...didn't see you FG.

How will the US get cocaine, meth, and molly after the destruction? Prices are going to go up! Glad I am not partying currently.

Delicious Tacos is the voice of my generation....

Fortunately, the wind field is very narrow. The strongest winds only extend 3-5 miles from the center of circulation. Where the storm lands is going to be very important. Hurricane force winds extend some 30 miles from the center.

Here are some wind swaths for comparison.

Sandy
[Image: sawf2.jpg]

Patricia
[Image: 205718P_sm.gif]

Katrina
[Image: Hurricane_Katrina_wind_swath.gif]

Unfortunately I was unable to find one for hurricane Andrew or Hugo. I guess wind swath graphs don't go that far back.

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

Has anyone here actually come close to experiencing actual 200mph winds or near to it?

I've experienced 80mph and that was pretty chaotic. Whats 150mph+ like?

As a South Floridian who has been through some 'canes, I hope the folks in Mexico deal well with this storm.

Also, don't forget hurricane Andrew that really destroyed parts of the Miami area. That's not a woman's name. Actually, it's MY name! #facepalm

Mexico, prepare for the best blow job you'll ever get.

I was thinking of going in December, I wonder how the situation will be in two months.

I have Mexican friends right now who are calling their family members in places like Jalisco, Michoacan, and Zacatecas. It seems like its going to hit central Mexico the hardest.

We have a few RVF members in Guadalajara, and I hope they are ok, if not RUN for safety.

My prayers are with the Mexican people. Mexicans are some tough motherfuckers. They'll get through it.

Aguante Mexico!

This is the strongest storm ever recorded in the western hemisphere. So nobody has experienced a storm this powerful. Andrew broke the wind gauge at Miami International Airport. Estimated gusts were around 200mph, but this storm is sustained 190mph as of this post. So gusts should easily top 200, probably closer to 210-220. Wind speed wise, the only thing that can really compare is a tornado, but they are so different it really isn't comparable.

My house shook during Sandy, and I was well away from the center being in Northwest NJ. I don't think the house would have stood at 150+. The area this storm hits is fucked. On the coast the winds and storm surge. Inland there will be mudslides.

Quote: (10-23-2015 05:06 PM)Private Man Wrote:  

Also, don't forget hurricane Andrew that really destroyed parts of the Miami area. That's not a woman's name. Actually, it's MY name! #facepalm

Were you in Broward County during Andrew? My good friend was living right on Biscayne Bay in what is now known as Midtown/Edgewater in Miami. He told me there were balls of lightning floating in the air during the storm. He said the scariest thing was the sky and the bay becoming one.

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

The names alternate between male and female, and start with the letter A each season. Andrew, Hugo, and Floyd are some I remember off the top of my head.

Patricia is supposed to be the worst in history if it maintains. Earlier today winds were at 200+ mph and the pressure was near record lows. I don't know enough about the science behind hurricanes to say much else.

Some interesting links:
Take a little trip

Live feed

Live feed 2 (PV hotel)

Inside the eye

Live feed 3 (Ixtapa Guerrero)

It appears to be slowing down a little and on target to make landfall in a less populated area.

Every hurricane, if it's got anything going for it at all, is now the "strongest ever" or the "worst ever" is some other way.

The hype-mongers are backtracking already. Earlier in the day it was "historic, mind-boggling, catastrophic":

[Image: 2015-10-23-14-43-571.png]

Now it's already down to just "incredibly strong":

[Image: 2015-10-23-18-23-23.png]

Two years ago, they were lying about Typhoon Haiyan, claiming it was the strongest on record. In fact it was seventh strongest:

[Image: 2015-10-22-09-22-26.png]

[Image: ai-ce833_philbe_ns_20131114063007.jpg?w=640]

Patricia is a strong storm but the immediately adopted and endlessly repeated "strongest ever" propaganda is disgusting and its only purpose is to continue fueling climate alarmism and hysteria.

(All credit for the info to the invaluable Steve Goddard, aka Tony Heller).

same old shit, sixes and sevens Shaft...

@Lizard

In terms of wind speed, this is the strongest hurricane ever recorded. In terms of pressure it was off by about 10mb. The storm just made landfall with wind speeds of 165mph. Fortunately, the eye started going through the regeneration process just before landfall, weakening it significantly.

Worst ever is subjective. Usually they measure it in terms of dollars in damage or loss of human life, but that is dependent on where the storm hits.

Quote: (10-23-2015 11:45 AM)kaotic Wrote:  

I think they're now all named after Cosby accusers...so they have a bunch of em already lined up

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell