rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Hypothetical game

Hypothetical game

I am still struggling with the fear of rejection. Especially with 8s and 9s. If a girl is average I can approach and propose.

What do you think of asking a girl hypothetically for her number?

'What would do if I tried to kiss you/asked for your number?'

I reckon it softens the blow of the rejection hammer.

Don't debate me.

Hypothetical game

Rejection/approach anxiety is hard to overcome with mental tricks.

Old school offered
- Three second rule - see a cute girl, approach her in less than three seconds

- The hundred dollar game (hand five twenties to your buddy and he gives you back your money for every approach)

Nowadays, I'd focus on being social with strangers all day. Because after the fear of approach, is the fear that you'll have nothing to say.

WIA

Hypothetical game

+1 to WIA's approach - just be social with strangers. An example:

I didn't speak to super hot girl sitting in a mall yesterday. And I kept on cursing myself all day today and decided that I would open next time. So I was rather social at work all day today. And in evening I got a chance to redeem myself! Walking back home, saw a good looking girl at an eatery, not hot as the one yesterday, but thin and good looking nevertheless. I ordered something and sat at her table. Talked myself out for 5-7 mins and she nodded or gave one word answers. But after 20 mins, she actually waited for me to finish my food, and we exchanged numbers.

So, if you are social all day, then it comes naturally for real approach.

Hypothetical game

Quote: (10-23-2015 08:12 AM)Pride male Wrote:  

I am still struggling with the fear of rejection. Especially with 8s and 9s. If a girl is average I can approach and propose.

What do you think of asking a girl hypothetically for her number?

'What would do if I tried to kiss you/asked for your number?'

I reckon it softens the blow of the rejection hammer.

You're trying to rectify a symptom (the sting of rejection), but you ought to be trying to solve the real problem (lack of confidence/inner game).

Instead of focusing on how to make rejection feel better (spoiler alert: it always hurts, though eventually less so), try to reframe your mindset to one of embracing rejection.

Without pushing your comfort zone, without fighting your way through the numbers game, you'll never become a better man.

Hypothetical game

Short answer - asking her hypothetically seems too much like asking her for permission to ask for her number or to kiss her.