rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Validating my website idea: Skyscanner for fuck trips

Hi fellow forum members. I was on skyscanner and something just came to my mind.

Would you be interested in a flight finder website that, instead of showing you price and itinerary alternatives for a single destination; shows you all fuck trip destinations available from your airport of choice, for dates you pick, sorted by price and travel datasheet ratings?

I'm looking for cheap flights, outbound earliest this Friday after work and returning Monday morning, from my local airport to a good fuck destination I haven't been before. I couldn't find a website that would give me this valuable information.

“Our great danger is not that we aim too high and fail, but that we aim too low and succeed.” ― Rollo Tomassi

Unless your a programmer this is a pretty complicated project to take on with really no upside. I think typically a site like this may get kickbacks from hotesl or possibly airlines, I've heard differing things as to whether airlines legally can offer kickbacks. Anyhow, your ging to have a tough time monetizing this in any way as very few hotels or travel related businesses are goign to hop on board for FuckTrips.Com lol.

You might not be able to accomplish this. Creating a website where people buy flights is really complicated because there are hundreds of airlines and hundreds of countries and all the timetables and databases have to be in sync. To get flight and booking information, you have to use a company like ITA Software which provides the information which you sadly have to pay for.

You could make a scraper which routinely scrapes websites for the information, but your IP address could get blocked.

It already exists. It's called Skyscanner.

Different guys prefer different destinations for fuck trips.

Quote: (10-21-2015 01:33 PM)Brodiaga Wrote:  

Skyscanner has an API so you can use their data to resell their flights to make money.

Quote: (10-21-2015 12:11 PM)jamaicabound Wrote:  

Unless your a programmer this is a pretty complicated project to take on with really no upside. I think typically a site like this may get kickbacks from hotesl or possibly airlines, I've heard differing things as to whether airlines legally can offer kickbacks. Anyhow, your ging to have a tough time monetizing this in any way as very few hotels or travel related businesses are goign to hop on board for FuckTrips.Com lol.

Except I'm a programmer and I could totally take this on. I don't have to call the trips "fuck trips" explicitly, it can be branded as a website where you look for weekend retreats/ somewhere to travel to fill your 1 week off etc. You just pick a couple of destination airports and travel dates (and possibly maximum travel times to avoid overnight layovers) and the site brings you the cheapest airfare for each destination.

Quote: (10-21-2015 01:35 PM)tynamite Wrote:  

Quote: (10-21-2015 01:33 PM)Brodiaga Wrote:  

Skyscanner has an API so you can use their data to resell their flights to make money.

I'll look into the API, it might be a good start. I for example would like to travel to a college town in Eastern Europe for the next 4 days, doesn't matter which one as long as I can afford to outspend the average local college dude. On Skyscanner I have to check prices for destinations one by one.

There's already TravelGirls where you finance some Eastern European girl's travel expenses and she comes and hangs out with you. (They don't brand it as a vacation fuck buddy finder website but you can see where this is going) There are prostitutes on the site for sure but not all of them are. A close friend of mine invited a girl over from the website and she was definitely not a prostitute. The girl gets to see a foreign country and a free vacation, and you get to bang. Me and a buddy had this exact idea a couple years back and we were totally sold on it, but most people we have told it about called it stupid and that led to our inaction. TravelGirls seems to be still alive and kicking, and I regret not going through with it. I don't want this one to be the same, so I'll see what I can do. Just trying to see if it's something with any potential or not.

“Our great danger is not that we aim too high and fail, but that we aim too low and succeed.” ― Rollo Tomassi

In Canada we have this guy running this type of blog for all major cities in the country which shows any GREAT deals that pop up for flights. Do you have an idea of his mechanism. I would love to see this done for other countries.
Its called:
yegdeals.com

My advice, do this:

Flocations only worked from SG, and they stopped with the idea they showed in the video (enter budget, data, your location/airport and the website would show a bunch of places on a map that fit). If you make it so that you can use any (major) airport in the USA or Europe (or even world) as a starting point in the website, and you get all the airlines on it (like skyscanner) it should attract costumers.

If this makes it, I'd apreciate receiving 2% of the shares [Image: smile.gif]

I'd say don't listen to the naysayers and give it a shot.

But before going really deep into the rabbit hole, you might want to think of a way to test the market. See if there is a measurable demand for a service like this. This coming from a fellow programmer... I would hate to spend months and months cooped up on my computer cranking out some code for a product, only to find out that nobody wants it.

1. It may turn out that the lack of demand justifies not going through with it because people are fine with using skyscanner.
2. Or it may turn out that people think skyscanner (and other flight comparison websites) are a huge pain in the ass and want something easier and more efficient.

You never really know until you test the market.

Doesn't ITA Software already do this? (Minus the datasheet ratings)

http://matrix.itasoftware.com

You can search multiple destinations and departing airports at once as well as within a certain radius of certain airports, and you can search over a range of dates or even different length of stay for return flights. The only negative thing is that they don't actually process ticket sales so you then have to go and find that same flight to buy somewhere else. I usually just go straight to the airline website to do the booking.

I thought this thread was going to be about something for 2 people in different citys who want to search for a destination to meet for a fuck trip, could be another feature to think about.

Put together a v 1.0 mockup and track usage.

Before you spend time building anything make sure people are actually down to spend money on it.

Check out the app Hitlist. Sounds similar, without the explicit fucking angle

http://www.hitlistapp.com

you should read "the lean startup" book, it details how to validate business ideas, there are pdfs of it floating around the net

Quote: (10-21-2015 12:07 PM)the Thing Wrote:  

Hi fellow forum members. I was on skyscanner and something just came to my mind.

Would you be interested in a flight finder website that, instead of showing you price and itinerary alternatives for a single destination; shows you all fuck trip destinations available from your airport of choice, for dates you pick, sorted by price and travel datasheet ratings?

I'm looking for cheap flights, outbound earliest this Friday after work and returning Monday morning, from my local airport to a good fuck destination I haven't been before. I couldn't find a website that would give me this valuable information.

Do you have to sound so thirsty and crude?

A "fuck destination"?

Jesus.

Are you saying it's an app that goes through the prices for destinations I preselect or are you saying it's an app that just gives you destinations you the programmer select?

Either way, if it's me I don't need your app because I can take the 2 minutes to run through various destinations and if it's you there's no way to accurately do that without faking data unless you have been to all 200 whatever countries.

There's another guy on this forum that has done that with an app and he's charging 5 bucks for it [Image: huh.gif]

Quote: (01-16-2016 10:36 AM)nmmoooreland20 Wrote:  

Check out the app Hitlist. Sounds similar, without the explicit fucking angle

http://www.hitlistapp.com

Hitlist is more or less useless.

Sometimes I get a notification: $430 from my airport to Dubai.

Sounds like a good deal, so I click on it and what do I discover, I have to take 2 -3 flights to get there, including long layovers - for a weekend trip!

Sure, if you want the cheapest flight possible and you are flexible, http://www.hitlistapp.com might be your option, but I doubt most people travel that way.

The video above sounds like a cool idea. Make it as easy as possible to use it and break it down to useful recommendations for a long weekend trip.

But how much money can you actually make with one booking?

Mannbibel - Meistgelesener Artikel: Dominiere deine Freundin im Bett
Die Rückkehr der Männlichkeit - a german blog written by Ray

Quote: (01-18-2016 08:01 AM)Ray Carlton Wrote:  

But how much money can you actually make with one booking?

I don't even think you have to make money through booking. You could make money by directing traffic to the website of the airline or travel agency.
The amount per booking or click obviously won't be much, it's the amount of traffic that makes it interesting.