rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Brazil or Costa Rica for 10 days?

Hi folks,

My friend and I, both single guys and in late 30s, trying to decide for early December between these two destinations, looking for nice beaches to chill out, great food, adventure activities (learning to surf, diving, hiking, etc), and active nightlife with best opportunity to meet friendly women and hang out! (We are not into a Cancun style teenage parties! [Image: smile.gif]
I was originally thinking of Costa Rica but then noticed Real is at lowest so now thinking that Brazil might be a better choice.
So what do you think, Brazil or Costa Rica for better fun, beaches, nightlife, and approachable women? Please help us decide.

Thanks a million.

Quote: (10-20-2015 09:21 PM)Emerald4ever Wrote:  

Hi folks,

My friend and I, both single guys and in late 30s, trying to decide for early December between these two destinations, looking for nice beaches to chill out, great food, adventure activities (learning to surf, diving, hiking, etc), and active nightlife with best opportunity to meet friendly women and hang out! (We are not into a Cancun style teenage parties! [Image: smile.gif]
I was originally thinking of Costa Rica but then noticed Real is at lowest so now thinking that Brazil might be a better choice.
So what do you think, Brazil or Costa Rica for better fun, beaches, nightlife, and approachable women? Please help us decide.

Thanks a million.
Brazil is worse than 3 or 4 years ago. for many reasons. But there are still young Brazilian girls...mostly 6.5 to 7.5s, who make it worthwhile to return. And the dollar, at close to 4 reals, makes things go smoother.

I flew out of Buffalo to CR for something silly, $400 return all in including parking, on a lark. Ended up renting a motorcycle for a week and just bummed around the Pacific Coast beaches for 5 days hitting out of the way Trustifarian surfing spots. Only got lost once. Everybody and their Mother, or they'll tell you to wait while they find their Mother, will have a bed cleaner than the last Holiday Inn I stayed in, for a gringo looking to stay the night. Ratio's were better than I expected, if you like the international backpacking set. I think I made a few jokes about Palestinians invading, I kept running into Israeli hostel chicks everywhere that had just done their service.

Highlights: A hippy expat putting me and my Israeli date up in his treehouse for the night, including cement bathtub out of a waterfall in his backyard, eyefucking a roadside vendor mamacita so hard she apologized and got us a FRIO cerveza, paying a local fishermen $50 to take me and a date out to fish for Yellowfin Tuna, and don't stop by any river, because the howler monkeys will literally fling poo at you.

All in for a week I was just under USD$1k solo.

Lots of places give weekly rates on bikes & ATV's, I went with a place run by a Dutch expat called Wild Hair, he even threw in a map of fun places with accurate GPS coords.

I used to work for an extended Brazilian family, they left for many varied reasons, and the ones that went back regretted it.

Quote: (10-20-2015 10:23 PM)Dilligaf Wrote:  

I flew out of Buffalo to CR for something silly, $400 return all in including parking, on a lark. Ended up renting a motorcycle for a week and just bummed around the Pacific Coast beaches for 5 days hitting out of the way Trustifarian surfing spots. Only got lost once. Everybody and their Mother, or they'll tell you to wait while they find their Mother, will have a bed cleaner than the last Holiday Inn I stayed in, for a gringo looking to stay the night. Ratio's were better than I expected, if you like the international backpacking set. I think I made a few jokes about Palestinians invading, I kept running into Israeli hostel chicks everywhere that had just done their service.

Highlights: A hippy expat putting me and my Israeli date up in his treehouse for the night, including cement bathtub out of a waterfall in his backyard, eyefucking a roadside vendor mamacita so hard she apologized and got us a FRIO cerveza, paying a local fishermen $50 to take me and a date out to fish for Yellowfin Tuna, and don't stop by any river, because the howler monkeys will literally fling poo at you.

All in for a week I was just under USD$1k solo.

Lots of places give weekly rates on bikes & ATV's, I went with a place run by a Dutch expat called Wild Hair, he even threw in a map of fun places with accurate GPS coords.

I used to work for an extended Brazilian family, they left for many varied reasons, and the ones that went back regretted it.

You know anything about Puerto Viejo, heard good things but also heard it's too backpacker hippyish. Also looks like a pain in the ass to get to from San Jose or is there a closer airport?

From what I've seen in my two trips to Costa Rica, surfing and getting quality girls (who aren't prostitutes) may very well be mutually exclusive. San Jose is obviously landlocked, but is by far the largest city and may have the best women. On the coast, you can find some quality, easy women, but most of the women there are either prostitutes or tourists, mostly from San Jose. All that being said, I haven't found an easier place anywhere than Costa Rica. I was actually looking for flights there yesterday since Southwest now offers nonstop flights from BWI to SJO. Brazil is also on my short list. Sao Paulo obviously has the highest volume and may have the most options for AirBandB type rentals.

Thanks for the responses folks. I was hoping someone that has been to both places can provide a comparison analysis and give an idea of how the beaches, the activities, and nightlife compares.
Thanks.

Quote: (10-26-2015 05:36 PM)Emerald4ever Wrote:  

Thanks for the responses folks. I was hoping someone that has been to both places can provide a comparison analysis and give an idea of how the beaches, the activities, and nightlife compares.
Thanks.

Brazil is still pretty good. Just have to look beyond all the fatties and mediocre girls... and those have been Americanized.
They beat Colombian or Costa Rica girls in how they make a man feel.
I still believe in certain hidden parts of Brazil, you can find the best wife material.

Costa Rica is incredible, and has tons of adventures all in a relatively small area. Hell you can go from the Atlantic to the Pacific Ocean in a few hours, all while passing volcanoes, rainforests, waterfalls, and all sorts of naturally beautiful spots. San Jose has some great nightlife too, with all kinds of women from Central America. I can't compare it to Brazil but I know you won't be disappointed with Costa Rica unless you get robbed in a bad part of town or something.

Quote: (10-26-2015 06:11 PM)DamienCasanova Wrote:  

Costa Rica is incredible, and has tons of adventures all in a relatively small area. Hell you can go from the Atlantic to the Pacific Ocean in a few hours, all while passing volcanoes, rainforests, waterfalls, and all sorts of naturally beautiful spots. San Jose has some great nightlife too, with all kinds of women from Central America. I can't compare it to Brazil but I know you won't be disappointed with Costa Rica unless you get robbed in a bad part of town or something.

My friend, if nature was that important I would live in the dark hills of Dakota. I prefer a 21 year old Ukranian or Brazilian girl. I will let Anthony Bourdaine, do all the sight seeing and eating.

Those are really hard countries to compare, very different, its like someone from Europe asking should they do Costa Rica or the USA. Costa Rica is tiny, you can literally drive from the Atlantic ocean to the Pacific in three hours. Its a great country if you have limited Spanish and just want to chill and do outdoorsy stuff. San Jose has some nightlife, but I wouldn't travel for it. there are no big cities other then San Jose (which isn't a big city). The beach towns have a little bit of nightlife also, mostly tourists and local college girls. The pacific coast is more Spanish/gringo while the Atlantic coast has a more afro Caribbean vibe. None of the beaches are full of hotties and most of the single local women on the beach will be working, but you can come up on the odd tourist chick or college student. The upside of Costa Rica is its easy and cheap to get to and relatively inexpensive. You can get a round trip ticket from the US for under $400

Brazil is huge. There are probably 10 fairly large cities/towns on the ocean. But you are going to need Portuguese. And this is going to be a way more expensive trip. Airfare alone is probably $1000 plus. And unless you stay in Rio, which is awesome, but very expensive even with the Real devalued, you are going to have to fly out to another city. However, on the beaches you are going to see way way more single women. And it goes without saying the nightlife in almost any city is going to be better.

So it really depends on what you are looking for, if its a laid back beach vacation then Costa Rica is way more approachable for a 10 day period. You can rent a car or get a bus out of San Jose and see both coasts easily. If nightlife is your thing and you have some money to burn do Rio.

Quote: (10-26-2015 07:29 PM)chochemonger1 Wrote:  

My friend, if nature was that important I would live in the dark hills of Dakota. I prefer a 21 year old Ukranian or Brazilian girl. I will let Anthony Bourdaine, do all the sight seeing and eating.
LOL, forgive me for glossing over the most important requirements

The CR girls were pretty easy I thought, there are so many immigrants from other central american countries that to me it seems like there's a lot of competition amongst women from Panama, Honduras, Nicaragua etc there and young pussy is very abundant. Brazil seems like they pedestalize their women a bit more, but i'm sure there are plenty of hotties to be found there too

Quote: (10-27-2015 03:42 PM)DamienCasanova Wrote:  

The CR girls were pretty easy I thought, there are so many immigrants from other central american countries that to me it seems like there's a lot of competition amongst women from Panama, Honduras, Nicaragua etc there and young pussy is very abundant. Brazil seems like they pedestalize their women a bit more, but i'm sure there are plenty of hotties to be found there too

I've never met a Honduran in Costa Rica, the Panamanian and Nicaraguan girls are uglier than the Ticas, and a lot of the foreign girls there are prostitutes anyway. I've never seen an easier place than Costa Rica.

Costa Rica is fantastic for beautiful beaches, some traveling, and surfing. Dont go for girls.

Quote: (10-27-2015 05:11 PM)TheBMan Wrote:  

Costa Rica is fantastic for beautiful beaches, some traveling, and surfing. Dont go for girls.

San Jose is great for girls. The beaches aren't.

The main determinant for whether the women of a country are easy, is how open the 18 to 21 olds are to foreign men, in their 30s or even 40s.
I am not so sure I would be banging 18 to 21s regularly in CR, like I can in Colombia or the Phils.

Quote: (10-28-2015 06:51 AM)chochemonger1 Wrote:  

The main determinant for whether the women of a country are easy, is how open the 18 to 21 olds are to foreign men, in their 30s or even 40s.
I am not so sure I would be banging 18 to 21s regularly in CR, like I can in Colombia or the Phils.

Because Costa Rica is such a small country, it may be the kind of place where I have a ton of success during relatively short visits, but that if I spent six months or more there, I may very well hit a wall and start to struggle. In places like Colombia and Mexico, there are endless targets.

Here in Fortaleza, I have encountered several transexuals on Badoo and Tinder. Something that never happened to me before, in Brazil.
Just another symptom of the worsening of Brazil, due to westernization.

Quote: (10-20-2015 09:21 PM)Emerald4ever Wrote:  

Hi folks,

Thanks a million.

Never been to CR, but the ratios in some Brazilian clubs are very favorable (talking regular girls here), and pipelining is pretty easy with some basic language skills. I suggest thinking about the type of girl you like better to break the tie.

Quote: (10-26-2015 05:45 PM)chochemonger1 Wrote:  

Thanks.

Brazil is still pretty good. Just have to look beyond all the fatties and mediocre girls... and those have been Americanized.
I still believe in certain hidden parts of Brazil, you can find the best wife material.

Colombian women and Venezuelan women blow Brazilian women away not even close

Quote: (12-27-2015 02:16 PM)RobbieRobNJ Wrote:  

Quote: (10-26-2015 05:45 PM)chochemonger1 Wrote:  

Thanks.

Colombian women and Venezuelan women blow Brazilian women away not even close

If you knew Spanish and Portuguese you wouldn't think so "black and white".i
I thought Brazil was done, when I went back in late October, for 2 and a half months. It had been 3 years.
There is still great value in 3rd tier cities, provided you know conversational Portuguese. Fortaleza, Belem, Manaus and Sao Luis, though pretty big cities, still have 3rd tier mentalities.
Yes, there are more fatties in Brazil now and the average girl is probably hotter in Colombia. But, if you can get access to cute 18 to 23 year olds in Brazil, you don't look forward to Colombian girls so much. Femininity wise (various criteria), they still have one over Colombian girls.
Venezuelan girls should not be brought up, in a Colombia vs. Brazil comparison.

Costa Rica might contain the destinations that you look for such as Tamarindo and smaller places. The biggest is beach town is perhaps Jaco but I personally wouldn't like to go there. I prefer the smaller villages at the sea. Great for surfing and other outdoor activities and I've gone out in Costa Rica a couple of dozen of times I think, girls are not so abundant and easy at the beaches as in San Jose, but I've never really been in that city. Met some urban Ticas on beach holiday too.

Smaller places include, among others, Nosara, Samara, Montezuma and Santa Teresa.

Quote: (10-28-2015 02:29 PM)chochemonger1 Wrote:  

Here in Fortaleza, I have encountered several transexuals on Badoo and Tinder. Something that never happened to me before, in Brazil.
Just another symptom of the worsening of Brazil, due to westernization.

Giving the thread a bump. I've been to Fortaleza in April 2015 and can confirm that statement. High volume of transsexual on the streets as well. Gotta watch out Gentleman.

Well, My experience in Fortaleza was short. Only 3 nights/4 days..
I managed to bang two girls during my stay. 1 bang being extremely easy and the other being more medium/difficult bang. (I'm brazilian though).

I should probably write a datasheet about it...

^ Please do, even better it is coming from a Brazilian!

SENS Foundation - help stop age-related diseases

Quote: (05-19-2016 12:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  
If I talk to 100 19 year old girls, at least one of them is getting fucked!
Quote:WestIndianArchie Wrote:
Am I reacting to her? No pussy, all problems
Or
Is she reacting to me? All pussy, no problems