rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Excellent article on "Male Hunger" and how it stems from a broken society.

http://mavericktraveler.com/the-male-hun...tionships/

Quote:Quote:

The Male Hunger For Endless Shallow Relationships Is A Symptom Of A Fundamentally Broken Society

Kiev, Ukraine

When I walk around cities of the countries which are known for having extremely beautiful women, one of the things I always ponder is why the local guys aren’t busy hitting on local women on the streets, coffee shops, or other places during the day. I’ve visited and lived in many countries with extremely gorgeous women: Lithuania, Ukraine, Russia, Bulgaria, Romania, Serbia and many more. But in none of the aforementioned countries, have I ever noticed local guys trying to consistently hit on their own women during the day. This always made me curious.

If American guys are always busy hitting on women all over American cities such as New York, Chicago, Miami, Washington DC or Los Angeles, then why aren’t Ukrainian guys busy trying to do the same with Ukrainian women in Kiev, Odessa and Kharkov? Or why aren’t Lithuanian guys busy trying to do the same with Lithuanian women in Vilnius, Kaunas, or Klaipeda?

When I lived in Belgrade, Serbia, I noticed on many occasions good looking Serbian guys pass gorgeous Serbian women on the street as if they didn’t even notice them. Russian guys love to go out and party, but I’ve never met a Russian guy, even a good looking, confident and successful one who was on a determined effort to roam the streets and pickup Russian women in cities like Moscow or St. Petersburg.

One country where I did notice this hunger was Brazil. I’ve seen Brazilian guys spit great game on fellow Brazilian women all over the place. Although it seemed mostly limited to beach and party towns like Rio de Janeiro, Buzios and Porto Seguro, and less so in Brazil’s “other cities” like Belo Horizonte and São Paolo. (Though, it’s really hard to compare Brazilian culture to other cultures because it’s radically different from just about any other culture in the world.)

The Definition of Having Fun

One of my friends here, an American guy who’s been traveling and living all over the world, made an interesting observation: when he goes out with fellow American guys, he notices that the guys have an automatic desire to always try to approach and pickup women, but when he goes out with guys from other nationalities, these guys just want to have fun and enjoy the night regardless even if they end up talking to women or not.

While that’s certainly not true across the board (I’ve met plenty of American guys whose idea of a great night didn’t necessarily involve trying to bring drunk women home), for the most part that has been more or less true. I’ve certainly met many more American (and English) guys than guys from other countries whose definition of a good night is linked to how many women they approached instead of whether they simply enjoyed the music with their friends.

The question is why are American (and English) guys so much more hungrier than men from other countries? Where is this constant drive to always try to pickup women and rack up numbers come from?

How Ukraine Cured My Hunger

One of my major weaknesses is women. I was pretty sure that over the preceding years I’ve matured, and that I was beyond trying to meet random women, but apparently I was wrong. Dead wrong. Because the only thing on my mind these days is women: flirting with them, seducing them, looking into their eyes, making out with them, and, ultimately, taking them home and having amazingly passionate sex. I somehow don’t feel complete unless I have a date or two setup with a beautiful woman on the weekend. Maybe it’s a disease that will never be eradicated as long as I’m alive. I guess I’m fucked.

When I initially arrived to Ukraine, I was like a kid in the candy store. I was chasing women pretty much anywhere and everywhere. I felt like a fish in a sea of amazingly gorgeous women, and I couldn’t simply stand still and observe: I had to come over and touch. After a couple of false starts, I cracked the code and assembled a nice “harem” of women whom I see throughout the week. These are the creme-of-the-crop 20% of the women that give me the greatest satisfaction.

And then something happened, something I had trouble understanding at first: I stopped chasing women. I no longer had any interest in meeting new women. I stopped being hungry; my hunger dissipated into thin air. I was fully satiated as though I had just finished eating five huge plates at the best rodizio (all-you-can-eat) restaurant in Rio de Janeiro.

I stopped because I realized that I just didn’t have time nor the energy to see additional women. Period. Just recently, I had a week where for five days straight I went out with a new woman every single day. The next week, I saw some of these women for the second time, and filled new vacancies with brand new women. There were a couple of women that I wanted to see and who wanted to see me, but I simply had no time to see them. They were hinting about meeting, but I had nothing to offer them: I had no free evenings for two weeks in advance.

While it’s certainly fun going out every day with a new woman, a woman who is also very cute with a nice dose of sex appeal—what can really be better?—this constant dating lifestyle almost destroyed me. I skipped a couple of BJJ classes, I had no time to meet friends, I stopped working, I stopped working out, and, most importantly, I had zero time for myself, something that I greatly cherish.

A Healthy Feast Kills The Need For Constant Snacking

There was something else that happened, which I found very interesting. Whereas before I was like a hungry dog who was constantly eyeing women at all hours of the day pretty much everywhere—on the street, the metro, the cafe, the bus stations—I completely stopped paying attention to women around me. When I was painstakingly arranging all these dates with a brand new woman every day of the week, I had absolutely no desire nor energy to pursue and meet new women, whether it was during the day or at night. I was no longer as hungry or even desperate as I was during the initial weeks when I was in a new city without knowing a single soul.

I reached a point where it made less and less sense to approach and meet new women. It became too taxing, both physically and mentally. The economics of constantly meeting new women, setting up dates, building attraction, etc. just stopped making any sense whatsoever and became a terrible use of my time. Even seeing and entertaining several quality women that I already knew on a regular basis took lots of energy.

I compare it to changing apartments every week, something I had to do just recently. Every time you change apartments, you must relearn the neighborhood, figure out public transportation links, and do about five other things, not to mention pack and repack your heavy luggage. If you’ve never done that, I can tell you that it gets old fast, real fast.

Once I began dating several quality women consistently, especially a few whose company I really enjoyed, I became just like any other Ukrainian guy who has a cute girlfriend (and maybe a couple of “friends” on the side)—and is completely oblivious to the myriad of other cute women that are constantly around.

Additionally, women who initially appeared to be very beautiful and cute women suddenly began to appear normal and regular. I even stopped paying attention to the creme-of-the-crop “uber-feminine” women. This explains why the local guys are always so aloof around local women—especially very cute women that a Western guy would be drooling, salivating and brainstorming ways to approach and seduce.

This is something I could never imagine experiencing in places like New York or San Francisco (I’ve lived in both cities for many years). The constant games, the flaking, the silly “rules,” the non-stop sarcasm and the endless ball-busting from the opposite sex leaves a man with no other choice but to quickly manipulate these women into easy sex and then dump them for someone else, letting the cycle repeat itself ad-infinitum. Jumping from one woman to another is a man’s natural defense against falling into a trap of mediocre relationships with mediocre women.

A Symptom Of The Underlying Culture

Thus, the whole “always on the hunt” mindset that’s generally attributed to PUAs (and others) is something I believe is a result of living in a society where healthy male/female relationships just don’t exist. A man has certain physiological needs: he needs to get laid and/or have some kind of meaningful and lasting relationship with the opposite sex. In many Western countries, such basic physiological and psychological needs are very hard or even impossible to achieve. How many women in large North American cities—such as Toronto, New York or San Francisco—want to settle down and build something lasting with a man? OK, and how many of these women are under 40 years old?

On the other hand, in Eastern Europe and Latin America it’s very easy to meet great women who actually want to raise a family and build something together. The overwhelming majority do. Heck, you don’t even need to manipulate (game) women to like you or sleep with you. Attraction and sex happen naturally and organically. In fact, you really have to try hard in order to meet a woman who doesn’t want a stable relationship and kids in the future.

Now, of course, there are plenty of guys who are already with great women but still have a desire to dip their dicks into brand new pussy. This is common everywhere, and isn’t at all what I’m talking about here. These men aren’t bouncing from woman to woman, from one-night stand to one-night stand, they’re having more or less stable relationships but still crave variety as a way to escape monogamy every now and then.

What I’m referring to here is the “hunting mindset” that’s prevalent in countries where feminism is rampant: America, England, etc. It’s a mindset of constantly switching women without building anything substantial with any of them. This mindset isn’t very prevalent in more traditional cultures because it doesn’t scale in places saturated with high quality, traditional women.

It also partly explains why most PUA’s hail from very liberal (i.e., democratic and feminist) Anglo-Saxon countries where women seem to enjoy casual “no strings attached” relationships and one-night stands (these women are independent, remember?) instead of countries with more feminine and traditional women like Brazil (no “game” is needed in Brazil), Colombia and Ukraine.

If Neil Strauss, the author of The Game, was born in Brazil, Colombia or Ukraine, he would’ve never written the book. And I would probably be writing about something else entirely.

What About The Numbers Game?

I’ve known guys who would schedule three dates in the evening at the exact same time because there was a high likelihood that one—or all of them—would flake. I can see this strategy working when you’re operating at the very top end of the numbers game, and going for women who are in extreme high demand without building the crucial attraction which leads to a deadly combination that results in lots of flaking.

I’ve experienced this dilemma when I lived in Medellin, Colombia where for every five dates you made, four might easily flake as little as an hour before. In this case it makes sense to schedule lots of dates, see who shows up and then flake on the rest: you have no other choice but to fight fire with fire.

However, when you’re dealing with quality women who don’t flake (you’re ruthlessly filtering out women who don’t respect your time, right?), women who stimulate you both physically and mentally, women who are actually excited and sometimes even begging to see you, then the marginal benefit of approaching and getting to know yet another new woman—who probably won’t be dramatically better than the one you have now anyway—decreases to a point where it now makes much more sense to channel all your energy into completely different endeavors like reading a great book, working out, training Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, improving your existing business, or building a new one—instead of constantly trying to meet new people because the ones you are with leave you unsatisfied and wanting more.

Are you a man who's trying to get more out of life? Do you want to improve as a man without all the stupid gimmics, tips and tricks?

If so, check out my book: The Sovereign Man: Become A Man of High Value, Confidence and Action.

It's the only book on the market that takes a revolutionary self-awareness approach to self-improvement and growth. It's divided into ten chapters that cover each facet of your psychological health and well-being.

It has been praised all over the world by perfect 5 star reviews. Readers are calling it the definitive blueprint for aspiring men. Click here to learn more.

I don't think it is something "new" overrall but a very interesting summarization of these dynamics and what causes what. To me it makes quite a lot of sense but I'm always open for different opinions.

"Christian love bears evil, but it does not tolerate it. It does penance for the sins of others, but it is not broadminded about sin. Real love involves real hatred: whoever has lost the power of moral indignation and the urge to drive the sellers from temples has also lost a living, fervent love of Truth."

- Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

If you've dedicated a significant portion of your life to the game and ever get to this point of not chasing new tail it can lead to personal growth.

For me it was thinking 'Shit, what do I do with my time now?'

Quote: (10-15-2015 09:37 PM)Speculation Wrote:  

If you've dedicated a significant portion of your life to the game and ever get to this point of not chasing new tail it can lead to personal growth.

For me it was thinking 'Shit, what do I do with my time now?'

Agreed. In my case I consciously triggered that by marrying the first "unicorn" type girl I came across and the positive changes have been phenominal. I've got to be a bit vague at risk of doxxing myself but let's just say that tomorrow I've got multiple interviews lined up for jobs that even a lot of Harvard and Princeton types can't get.....and that I was told several times would be impossible for me to do.

This article is an excellent counterpoint to the 'Inside an "Anything Goes" Sex Club' article posted earlier this week. Well, maybe not counterpoint; Strauss' article didn't have much of a point to begin with. It was mostly just "Feel sorry for me I'm drowning in pussy!"

Not on here much anymore. I'm either out on 2 wheels or trying to kill something.

Reading this just makes me want to leave the Western Hemisphere really badly...

It makes complete sense from an objective standpoint. Very succinct piece.

"If American guys are always busy hitting on women all over American cities such as New York, Chicago, Miami, Washington DC or Los Angeles..."

Are they actually doing that? I wasn't under the impression that approach anxiety was any less of an issue for the average American man than it is in Europe, nor that daygame (or in non-PUA/manosphere speak, "guys hitting on girls") is any more common there.

Quote: (10-16-2015 11:36 AM)MikeS Wrote:  

"If American guys are always busy hitting on women all over American cities such as New York, Chicago, Miami, Washington DC or Los Angeles..."

Are they actually doing that? I wasn't under the impression that approach anxiety was any less of an issue for the average American man than it is in Europe, nor that daygame (or in non-PUA/manosphere speak, "guys hitting on girls") is any more common there.

I think it's more of a general commentary on the rampant "hookup culture" of the States. The fact that stable healthy relationships are so uncommon in our culture compared to more traditional cultures equates to men always being concerned about finding a girl and extracting as much enjoyment from her as possible as soon as possible as opposed to just being able to meet one and stick with her.

For example: I have a number of friends that have little game or are incels, but women are on their mind all the time and when we go out they always notice women and talk about women and how they'd like to take them home - they just don't approach because they are afraid. It doesn't change the fact that the idea of female interaction dominates a lot of their thoughts and often gets in the way of them being able to genuinely enjoy themselves.

I notice the same thing in the East. You are having a relationship where women respect you and dont play games. They give off "normal" feminine energy where in the west guys are the ones giving off this energy compare to women giving off muscular energy. This is one reason why the gay population is increasing and people are confused about their sexuality. They are rediculed if they act like their sex is suppose too!

The biggest thing i notice in the East is that you don't need to learn game. You only need to learn a little to have women lining up!

Living in the East really opens your eyes to how broken the West is today!

Honestly, I don't notice this phenomenon of men hitting on girls in the street here in NYC, and I know very few guys (IRL) who's basis of a fun night out depends on meeting women.