rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What are the variables playing into Russia's success in the "new cold war"?

Between the Ukraine conflict and the recent developments in the Syrian Civil War, it seems like Russia has a huge leg up on the west. Just wanted to post this question and see what people on hear had to say on it. I have to be honest, I am quite surprised myself at the ability of Russia to throw their weight around in the way that they have been.

Civilize the mind but make savage the body.

Quote: (10-11-2015 06:11 PM)nek Wrote:  

Between the Ukraine conflict and the recent developments in the Syrian Civil War, it seems like Russia has a huge leg up on the west. Just wanted to post this question and see what people on hear had to say on it. I have to be honest, I am quite surprised myself at the ability of Russia to throw their weight around in the way that they have been.

Russia doesnt have stupid fucker equalists at the top. They fight to win. We want to be liked, kiss Israels ass at every turn and give out free shit to people who hate us. I think bombing Japan was our high point. Ever since then we have never sought a clear victory out of guilt.

US leaders fight to win as well, but their definition of winning is based on how much tax revenue is siphoned to their cronies rather than whether or not American strategic interests are protected.

Success? They are desperate. The Saudis are slaughtering their economy and their only ME ally govt wont exist in 3 years.

It's hard to lose when you're facing a guy whose main objective is to hold onto his completely undeserved Peace prize rather than serve his country.

In poker terms, Putin is raising 2 7 off and Obama is folding pocket As on the button. Putin doesn't even have to look at his cards.

The USA is being picked apart by parasites and internal predators. Putin has devoted 15 years to shoring up a nation-state with purpose and unity. Russia and China will dominate the next hundred years, particularly if the birth rate in Russia can be improved.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

Quote: (10-11-2015 07:25 PM)RawGod Wrote:  

The USA is being picked apart by parasites and internal predators. Putin has devoted 15 years to shoring up a nation-state with purpose and unity. Russia and China will dominate the next hundred years, particularly if the birth rate in Russia can be improved.

I think China may be fucked. Everyone there is long the market down to the last fisherman. Many companies down to the tire manufacturer's have most of their assets long in the market. The Govt is propping it up the best it can and jailing those who spread "malicious lies" and "evil sellers". Normally I would say they are keeping it propped up long enough for the important people to get out and get short. At least that's how we do it in America, but n July the Govt banned major shareholders from selling for 6 months!! And short selling has been banned altogether. Shorts are the only ones in a market who have to buy and they got rid of them.

If the market really goes down, won't that bankrupt big investors? Dont' big investors support the economy?

Most of the banks are probably also insolvent and I've read "..Small retail investors in China account for an incredible 85% of trading in Chinese stocks."

Things could go very badly for the current ruling party of China if they don't keep that market propped up.

I may go to Russia though and help them with their birth rate.

Quote: (10-11-2015 08:09 PM)Onto Wrote:  

Quote: (10-11-2015 07:25 PM)RawGod Wrote:  

I think China may be fucked. Everyone there is long the market down to the last fisherman. Many companies down to the tire manufacturer's have most of their assets long in the market. The Govt is propping it up the best it can and jailing those who spread "malicious lies" and "evil sellers". Normally I would say they are keeping it propped up long enough for the important people to get out and get short. At least that's how we do it in America, but n July the Govt banned major shareholders from selling for 6 months!! And short selling has been banned altogether. Shorts are the only ones in a market who have to buy and they got rid of them.

If the market really goes down, won't that bankrupt big investors? Dont' big investors support the economy?

Most of the banks are probably also insolvent and I've read "..Small retail investors in China account for an incredible 85% of trading in Chinese stocks."

Things could go very badly for the current ruling party of China if they don't keep that market propped up.

Western propaganda to a certain extent. China will take short term pain, that's for sure. But they will rise in the long term. Give it 15 years.

Back of napkin, that's about 4 American presidential terms. No way you can compete without a long term vision.

Quote: (10-11-2015 07:04 PM)BortimusPrime Wrote:  

US leaders fight to win as well, but their definition of winning is based on how much tax revenue is siphoned to their cronies rather than whether or not American strategic interests are protected.

This.

The USA is very efficient at what it does and gains a lot from it. Unfortunately, "USA" in this case means a few thousand bankers, politicians, lobbyists and other assorted parasites, not the common people or the nation as whole.

It's not that the USA is doing badly, it's that they very definition of "USA" has been subverted by a small number of influential actors.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Quote: (10-11-2015 08:09 PM)Onto Wrote:  

The way sperm counts and masculine genetics are going, "Birth Rate Assistant" may be a job description I could get excited about in the future.

"Pain is certain, suffering is optional" - Buddah

Whistles quietly to himself... [Image: angel.gif]

Ezekiel 38:3-5
And say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against thee, O Gog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal:
And I will turn thee back, and put hooks into thy jaws, and I will bring thee forth, and all thine army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed with all sorts of armour, even a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords:
Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya with them; all of them with shield and helmet:

Isaiah 17:1
The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.