rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Norwegian air to begin offering $69 tickets from the US to Europe by 2017

Norwegian air to begin offering tickets from the US to Europe by 2017

Game changer or Game Killer....

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/travel/n...ng-n439686

"I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story." Nas

Some quotes:

Quote:Quote:

Europe's third-largest budget airline is considering flights to Edinburgh and Bergen, Norway from U.S. airports that have little to no international service today, such as New York's Westchester County Airport and Connecticut's Bradley International Airport, just north of Hartford, Kjos said.
Do you want to go to some local field to get a ride to Europe (to another local field)?
Sounds like a plan for extremely low budget travelers. And the current financial situation will make a lot of Americans "low budget".

While airlines such as Deutsche Lufthansa AG offer travelers hundreds of destinations via connections in airport hubs, Norwegian is aiming to make nonstop service to small cities that straddle the Atlantic more common, which keeps costs low.
So you will have to waste another day or two on the road.
Hmmmm...
So it will be the same cost to the traveler.

Regulators will have to agree to set up customs stations at U.S. regional airports to handle international traffic, although Kjos said he is confident this can be arranged.
Yes, because the government is highly efficient.[Image: undecided.gif]

Conclusion:
Attention seeking CEO, promises something that requires US government to do something, and it will be in 2 years time.
Good PR.
Will have to wait for the actual thing to happen.

"I love a fulfilling and sexual relationship. That is why I make the effort to have many of those" - TheMaleBrain
"Now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb." - Spaceballs
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine" - Obi-Wan Kenobi

This is all only because of cheap fuel. Airlines have likely locked in to massive virtual fuel barrels at these rock bottom prices and are now hedging bets on expansion.

They all have shady stipulations but the goal is to get across the ocean where you have many cheap options to transfer to where you need to.

You will see a upsurge of Americans in tourst cities and an upsurge of Americans using this as a cheap way to get content for Instagram....

"Look at meeeee #LDN #Europe #Ireallydidjustraveltoattentionwhore #havenotevenleftmyhotel"

With Norwegian prices are already ~300USD for a direct flight to NYC, and about 4-500USD for a direct flight to SF (Oakland) from Stockholm.

Not really sure how the prices are supposed to go down much more, but considering that the average price for a transatlantic flight has gone down by ~30-40% from pre-Norwegian prices they could be onto something.

That being said I'd prefer that the American equivalent of British stag parties stayed on their side of the Atlantic.