rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Curious - World Cup

Curious - World Cup

Hey,

I am planning on going to Brasil for the 2014 World Cup, and was curious about other's experiences at a World Cup. What do yall predict Brasil will be like and anyone else planning on goin?

[Image: banana.gif]

Curious - World Cup

These kind of events are like one big festival with people's states running roller coaster with every game. The World cup in Brazil will undoubtedly be one of the craziest, most intense parties in history (I'm serious). Though I see a couple of problems with that as I keep reading in several reputable news magazines how Brazil doesn't have the infrastructure, the number of hotel beds or organizational control to support an event of this titanic scale. While I'm sure everything would work out in the end I wouldn't make any firm dates if I'd go there. Likely there will be chaos on the streets, in the airports and at the stadiums.

Whenever these kind of events occur I like to check out the daily matches/meets position myself somewhere in between and then head to the winning nationality's main camp. Scoring is not the priority (the logistics and partying usually gets in the way) but you can easily make hordes of friends by being an outside rooting for X when they are already filled with national pride.

Curious - World Cup

Brasil is not ready but it's going to be awesome, I'm planning on going.

Two of my friends went to Germany '06 and South Africa '10. They say the party, the girls was epic.

Curious - World Cup

I expect major riots since Brazil's team isn't what it used to be anymore.

Curious - World Cup

I went to France 98 and Japan 2002.

Gaggles of Japanese girls used to gather in groups outside the ticket check area of England matches just to meet us and have their photo taken with us especially places where they never see tourists (like Niigata).

If I could speak Japanese I could have easily taken advantage but sadly I dont. In the 3 weeks there I only banged 2 Japanese chicks.

Language is going to be a similar problem in Brazil so brush up on your Portugese.

Festival atmos will be awesome but watch your back because the ghetto thieves will be swarming all over the packs of foreigners. It will be Christmas and New Year all at once for those dudes.

Curious - World Cup

Quote: (06-20-2011 09:37 AM)Geronimo Wrote:  

Imagine the pressure!

1) You're hosting
2) Maracanazo
3) Centenary of A Seleção
4) If you don't win, Argentina might!

Curious - World Cup

Quote: (06-20-2011 12:56 PM)Super Etoile Wrote:  

Quote: (06-20-2011 09:37 AM)Geronimo Wrote:  

Imagine the pressure!

1) You're hosting
2) Maracanazo
3) Centenary of A Seleção
4) If you don't win, Argentina might!

If Argentina wins on our Soil ,an Armageddon will break loose here. The Vancouver Riot will be a lame joke near to it.

Chicks need to be on rotation like a Netflix queue

Curious - World Cup

I'm going with a couple of my close friends who are huge football fans. We may go a year before in 2013 for the Confederations Cup to check it out and make plans.