rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Launceston, Tasmania, Australia

Hi All,

This would be my first first post in the forum. I have been following the forum for quite some time so would like to start off my participation here by giving a brief write up of the place I am in currently.

Before I start, an important note is in order. I am very new to game and therefore can only document my observations in that regard. I have been here for about three months and going out solo with no results so far. Will post my challenges in the Newbie forum.

Now the city... Launceston often called Lonnie is a city in Northern Tasmania. Population is about 70-80K. Looks more like a town but tasmanians insist on calling it a city. There is a friendly rivalry with southern tasmania with Hobart as its city and capital of the state. Found the vibe in Hobart very different from Lonnie but that is for another post.
City centre goes VERY DEAD after about 8PM every day, doesnt matter whether it's Monday or Saturday. Only signs of life will be the night life venues which I will explain later.

Nothing really going on for this city except the Uni, good potential for a Uni town but in typical Aussie fashion, this has not been capitalised upon. Uni is a 5-10 min drive from the city and seems deserted in the day even during the semester. A case of being a commuter school.. Not too many tourists come up here, heard the touristy scene is a bit better in Hobart but Tasmania as a whole has not advertised its tourism well compared to NZ.

People here are very warm and friendly for the most part. Haven't seen guys doing much daygame here at all. Only seen 1 instance of that with the guy ejecting himself saying 'Sorry that was just a joke.' But one of the 2 girls kept looking back at him after that though.. Am not really seeing the Aussie fitness culture here, not every other guy is buff. Predominantly white population(more so than Hobart) with the occasional fresh off the boat africans and middle east guys mainly from the Uni or being taxi drivers etc.

Night game

I can count the night game spots with one hand. It really take a lot of motivation to go through the dead streets at night to get some nightlife!
Saturday seems to be the only day when it's really happening. Wed is Uni night so things MIGHT be ok. Cant really see the aggressive approaching by Aussie guys that I have read about in this forum. Girls seem to be giving the vibes but guys either ignore that preferring to stay in their groups or engage and then leave after some convo.. not sure if this is some kind of advanced game I am not aware of.

So for the places..

Lonnies Nite club

Only opens on Sat. Full of uni chicks in groups. Again, dont see any approaching. Realized most guys are not into dance game, just standing around in the floor with their beers. Dress code is very relaxed, guys can enter with round neck and jeans. This is the place for club game on Sat night.

Hotel New York

Open on wed, fri and sat. Dead on friday. Decent on wed but a very small place with blasting music. Don't see how to pick up with little space for dancing and no way to talk. Good on Saturdays only if DJs are coming down from mainland Aus. Mostly it's the uni crowd here.

Club 54

Only good on Wed Uni night where there is a party organized by the different faculty student unions in the Uni. Empty otherwise.

St George's bar

Pretty filled on Saturdays. Cheap beer and well lit. Not your typical Uni crowd but slightly older professionals can be seen here. Looks good for gaming but only at the bar. The seating inside looks challenging for approaching but being new to game I'm not sure..

Bakers Lane

Only comes alive on Fri and more so on Sat. There is a bar with a dance floor in another section closeby. Smoking area outside seems to be a good place to approach. Have only seen girls dancing here, black and coloured guys join sometimes but it doesnt lead to anything more than a one on one dance. Guys are mostly comfortable in their groups. No approaches seen except one or two by women! But that might have been a rare event.

The Irish

Live band pub. Dancing area and seating area combined so might get noisy and cramped when uni night is on. But on the other days, I feel one might get good talent with the professionals-aged despite the lack of a crowd.

Summary

Tasmania, a good place for the natural scenery, Cataract Gorge, Wineglass bay, Cradle Mountains, Ben Lomond Mountains. People are friendly. Obesity is a problem but not too big a problem. There are quite a few stunners around but some of them are taken. The vibe from people is friendly and I have gotten eyed by girls but I am not sure if Aussie girls here are open to foreign men, have not seen enough evidence of that.

Nightlife definitely leaves much to be desired. People go to the same venues week in week out. Doesnt look like guys are much competition due to physique(comparing to Aussie standards) and game. But not sure of the cock blocking from girls as I havent seen much approaches and havent approached myself much.. But from the looks of it, professional women look more open but this has to be confirmed.. Taxi seems expensive with a $15-18 fare from the city to the uni. Winter from May till September is bad, only Canberra seems worst in terms of night time temperatures.

Logistics wise, plenty of rooms to rent at cheap prices, about 140/wk in the city centre. Property prices are pretty cheap in Tasmania.

So guys, that was it from me.. Take the above with a pinch of salt as I havent actively started gaming yet. I would definitely like some feedback based on experiences from guys who have been or in Launceston, or even anywhere in regional Australia.

I find your typing style very friendly and would not imagine to ever read a report like this anywhere else.

Also I'm enchanted going back many years

+1

What about the snakes?

Quote: (10-04-2015 09:39 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

What about the snakes?

Not seen any in the city but there are a couple of species which are poisonous out in the bush.

Quote: (10-04-2015 09:32 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

I find your typing style very friendly and would not imagine to ever read a report like this anywhere else.

Also I'm enchanted going back many years

+1

Thanks for the like! Have you been to the city before?

Nice datasheet! I always love reading datasheets on smaller and less known towns/cities.

I'm guessing that the UTas students are pretty much the only girls worth gaming in Launceston?

Quote: (10-04-2015 10:36 PM)Biologist Wrote:  

Nice datasheet! I always love reading datasheets on smaller and less known towns/cities.

I'm guessing that the UTas students are pretty much the only girls worth gaming in Launceston?

Maybe not. I have seen slightly older girls(24 - 30yrs) up and about. A significant number of men go out of Lonnie after uni or TAFE to work so there might be potential.

What a trip I lived in Deloraine for a bit years ago and was banging a nice looking, very friendly girl from Lonnie.

Tasmania is amazing, I especially like the area around Bicheno. In fact some of the craziest stories of my life happened while in Tasmania.

Also ended up hooking up with some foreign backpackers who were living in Davenport and in Tassie picking apples.

Quote: (10-04-2015 10:36 PM)Biologist Wrote:  

No I suck ass and didn't listen to my dad as a teen who told me to go.

Quote: (10-05-2015 07:59 PM)Laner Wrote:  

What a trip I lived in Deloraine for a bit years ago and was banging a nice looking, very friendly girl from Lonnie.

Tasmania is amazing, I especially like the area around Bicheno. In fact some of the craziest stories of my life happened while in Tasmania.

Also ended up hooking up with some foreign backpackers who were living in Davenport and in Tassie picking apples.

How about the girls in Lonnie city itself?

But I do agree that the small town girls are indeed the nicest I have seen so far, but unfortunately they go back to their towns for the weekend.

Great write up Hazaer, can’t believe someone has done one about Lonnie.

I live here like most Uni students during the week, near campus and travel back home on weekends for work ect. I’ve never posted before but have been reading game for about a year. I can relate to a lot of your posts so I thought I’d give you my take. Maybe I'll say something useful.

The average age in Tassie is quite high due to the low employment opportunities for young people, hence lots of people moving interstate after high school and during their early 20’s (guys and girls). Northern Tas contains a spread of 200-250k people over about a 200km range spread from Launceston to Wynyard, most on the coast are located in small cities/large towns of 5000 – 30000.

People not from the city are unlikely to venture out of their towns very often to go out, as there are not many places to go and the taxi fee and travel time to return would be horrendous (no-one can stand travel, anymore than a ½ hour trip is too far at night).

Game around here I believe is challenging. My main reasoning for this is the small population size. It's often said that the first thing a gamer should do is approach 100 new random girls. Here, if you approach 100 girls over say 10 nights, I nearly guarantee you'll be approaching the same girl or her best friend very shortly, especially if you don’t change venues or incorporate day game. The same crews will go out nearly every weekend with guys often outnumbering the girls. Bouncers never regulate the ratio’s.

There seems to be a tendency for chicks to have LTR's spanning many years from an early age (especially the hotties). I think this is because news gets around pretty fast about who's banging who and sleeping around would be bad for their reputation more so than in a large city where they can be more anonymous.
I think young people stop going out to clubs at an early age here too. I'm always hearing from people that "I'm too old for this place", even at ages such as 21-22, so it would be rarer to find a 25+ chick at a club around here. I’m not sure if that’s just here or not. Pubs would be the place to target 25+ chicks.

What you’ve said about 54 and New York is 100% correct. About once per month 54 have live bands which are supposed to be nearly packed out, not sure if it would facilitate game well, but would be above average for there. But you’re right never go there unless there is an event there because it will be dead.
I went to Lonnies for the first time last weekend and is easily the best club in Northern Tas. If you’re in Lonnie on a Saturday, go there. I also don’t mind Bakers before 12.
I’ve heard Hobart has a number of good clubs and events such as the Mona functions but I’ve never been.

Good opportunities for game in Tas would be at The Falls Festival and Party in the Paddock. These festivals attract plenty of chicks from around Aus so standards are up and there should be opportunities for day + night game.

Another sticking point here is with dates. I’m still trying to work out the best way to bang new chicks if I manage strike up a date because like you’ve said the city becomes dead after 8pm most nights. Also, there are not many good events to take her anywhere and the pubs close early during the week. I really haven’t figured out the best solution for this yet.

Work on expanding your social circle, most people appear to meet their partners that way. I obviously know lots of people pull when they go out, some quite regularly so it can be done.

Hope this helps, got a bit carried away. Any tips from experts on how to be successful in these circumstances would be great.

Quote: (10-05-2015 07:59 PM)Laner Wrote:  

How'd you meet the backpackers?

An Aussie guy I met was picking apples with some of them. They were all staying at an old hospital that was converted into a hostel.

Quote: (11-17-2015 08:03 AM)haxswagger Wrote:  

Great write up Hazaer, can’t believe someone has done one about Lonnie.

I live here like most Uni students during the week, near campus and travel back home on weekends for work ect. I’ve never posted before but have been reading game for about a year. I can relate to a lot of your posts so I thought I’d give you my take. Maybe I'll say something useful.

The average age in Tassie is quite high due to the low employment opportunities for young people, hence lots of people moving interstate after high school and during their early 20’s (guys and girls). Northern Tas contains a spread of 200-250k people over about a 200km range spread from Launceston to Wynyard, most on the coast are located in small cities/large towns of 5000 – 30000.

People not from the city are unlikely to venture out of their towns very often to go out, as there are not many places to go and the taxi fee and travel time to return would be horrendous (no-one can stand travel, anymore than a ½ hour trip is too far at night).

Game around here I believe is challenging. My main reasoning for this is the small population size. It's often said that the first thing a gamer should do is approach 100 new random girls. Here, if you approach 100 girls over say 10 nights, I nearly guarantee you'll be approaching the same girl or her best friend very shortly, especially if you don’t change venues or incorporate day game. The same crews will go out nearly every weekend with guys often outnumbering the girls. Bouncers never regulate the ratio’s.

There seems to be a tendency for chicks to have LTR's spanning many years from an early age (especially the hotties). I think this is because news gets around pretty fast about who's banging who and sleeping around would be bad for their reputation more so than in a large city where they can be more anonymous.
I think young people stop going out to clubs at an early age here too. I'm always hearing from people that "I'm too old for this place", even at ages such as 21-22, so it would be rarer to find a 25+ chick at a club around here. I’m not sure if that’s just here or not. Pubs would be the place to target 25+ chicks.

What you’ve said about 54 and New York is 100% correct. About once per month 54 have live bands which are supposed to be nearly packed out, not sure if it would facilitate game well, but would be above average for there. But you’re right never go there unless there is an event there because it will be dead.
I went to Lonnies for the first time last weekend and is easily the best club in Northern Tas. If you’re in Lonnie on a Saturday, go there. I also don’t mind Bakers before 12.
I’ve heard Hobart has a number of good clubs and events such as the Mona functions but I’ve never been.

Good opportunities for game in Tas would be at The Falls Festival and Party in the Paddock. These festivals attract plenty of chicks from around Aus so standards are up and there should be opportunities for day + night game.

Another sticking point here is with dates. I’m still trying to work out the best way to bang new chicks if I manage strike up a date because like you’ve said the city becomes dead after 8pm most nights. Also, there are not many good events to take her anywhere and the pubs close early during the week. I really haven’t figured out the best solution for this yet.

Work on expanding your social circle, most people appear to meet their partners that way. I obviously know lots of people pull when they go out, some quite regularly so it can be done.

Hope this helps, got a bit carried away. Any tips from experts on how to be successful in these circumstances would be great.

Great post. I agree with most of what you have said. One thing I have observed about the nightlife scene here is that guys rarely approach which might be a good thing for us. Lonnies is the best club but still chicks, especially the uni ones are pretty cliquey. The post uni ones seem more approachable. The best way to game I think, is to roll in groups in the clubs or at least in pairs at the pubs. Girls seem to be in much smaller groups of 2/3 in pubs. I have been to Hobart a few times and the impression that I got was the city is trying hard to be artsy. People seem to be less friendly than those here. Got way less eye contact/IOIs in Hobart.

I have PMed you.