rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Token Foreigner Jobs in East Asia

I've recently acquired one of those "rent-a-white-guy" jobs that they did a documentary on here in China. Basically all I have to do is give this Chinese company face and make them look more cosmopolitan/look like they know what they're doing by being the token Western face.

Pay is kind of low, but the job itself is easy as shit (from what they've told me). I could probably work it on top of another job I have.

Asking the China vets on here, for any of you that have done these jobs in China before, what are your usual tasks and what do they typically ask of you?

Are these jobs usually worth it?

Following this thread, as for now, all I can say is congrats bro, keep us posted. I would very much like such a job. I can imagine it could entail tagging along on karaoke get drunk business excursions and hopefully some groping of karaoke girls? The job could entail someone to talk with foreign investors to bridge the cultural gap? In any case, unless it turns out to be a scam, do keep us posted and best of luck with your white face goals of 2015.

If all I have to do is show up, smile and nod... piece of cake, and automatic status. I'm skeptical, but would like to believe it's possible.

Quote: (09-14-2015 04:38 PM)nomadbrah Wrote:  

Following this thread, as for now, all I can say is congrats bro, keep us posted. I would very much like such a job. I can imagine it could entail tagging along on karaoke get drunk business excursions and hopefully some groping of karaoke girls? The job could entail someone to talk with foreign investors to bridge the cultural gap? In any case, unless it turns out to be a scam, do keep us posted and best of luck with your white face goals of 2015.

Thanks for the support, guy.

Well, I recently started the job. My first order of business was attending a meeting with the head bossman and some colleagues of the company that hired me. Boss has a personal driver that picked me up, then we drove to this nice gated community where the boss lives to pick him up. We drive to the meeting. They all spoke in Chinese. My Chinese is horrible, so I couldn't understand what they were saying. So, all I had to do was sit there.

One of the female colleagues acts as a liaison between the boss and myself, and we communicate through her. Boss doesn't speak much English. After the meeting I was treated to dinner. It was a bit awkward trying to make conversation.

Other than that, the job seems easy so far, but I can't imagine it'll last more than a few months. I intend to ride out the gravy train until the end though.

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Sounds fun if you know what you're doing. I'd immediately inquire about real estate with these people. You could luck yourself into a goldmine if you're lucky.

Pm me if you have any deals on jobs like this or if you get some real estate connections.

Why don't you use this as a chance to learn Chinese? Then you'll be an order of magnitude more marketable afterwards.

Reminds me of the Chinese business woman I dated. We communicated in broken English and translator. Her driver came and got me for business dinners where I just had to sit there and help her look important and connected to clients. We really loved each other but, my face wasn't wasted. She even came to the US a few times.

Make sure to get some business cards made with some bullshit VP title with your own email adress or number, and pass them around at meetings.Would be a hoot to play it like you believed its an actual job.

Questions from me:

- Is this a niche job or is there actually a job market for rent-a-whites?

- Do they give you something to do or do you just pass the time away at a computer? Could you use idle time to have a second online job?

- Do you have to be there all the time, just on-call all the time, or do they give you a schedule of where and when you have to be to put on the diversity show?

- Do they just look to hire whites or do they have listings for other ethnicities?

- Do they pay by the hour or a full salary? Is it just a livable wage, just extra cash, or are you making some serious money there?

Sounds like a good racket but im sure you will be bored very soon.

Probably too late to the party on this one to really make a living off it. Here's a recent article with some insights: http://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/a...r-industry

Then again "white suited up monkey for business functions" is not that far from "white dancing monkey for kindergarten/cram school" in terms of qualifications so if you're really keen on coming to China there's always gonna be that avenue.

[Image: mindblown3.gif]

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before