rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Laos Accommodations

Laos Accommodations

Guest houses for all the cheap people traveling around Laos

Don Det-- I didn't actually stay here, but I'd recommend staying at the bungalows by MONKEY BAR. This is the best restaurant on the island and I think the bungalows are cheap too.

Vang Vieng-- Spicylaos. 30,000 kip per night. Cheapest place in Vang Vieng, easiest place to meet tons of people, and cool staff. If you want to detach yourself from the party scene then find a guest house on that road near the air strip. Everything is cheap here.

Luang Prabong-- Spicylaos- 30,000 kip/night-- if you want to meet a lot of people and party at night. There is also a guest house next door to Spicylaos (if you walk toward the center of town), for 50,000 kip for a nice room. Only problem with the guest house next door is that the roosters go off early in the morning, and the staff kinda sucks. These 2 places are the cheapest you'll find in the city.

Muang Kuah- cross the bridge and look around.. I found a nice bungalow for 50,000 kip per night

Muang Ngoi- BANANA GUESTHOUSE/RESTAURANT-- run by an amazingly nice local family. I paid 20,000 kip per night for a room, and there is also a great/cheap restaurant right there. Highly recommend Banana Guesthouse.

Phongsali- I HIGHLY recommend taking the trip to Phongsali if you're ever in Laos. It was a LONG boat/bus trip to get there, and my boat almost sank, but it was one of my best experiences. There aren't many guest houses in Phongsali, and all of them are equally as crappy.

Laos Accommodations

***EDIT***

"Muang Kuah- cross the bridge and look around.. I found a nice bungalow for 50,000 kip per night"

I meant NONG KIEW, not Muang Kuah. Cross the bridge in Nong Kiew and You'll find cheap bungalows with great views. THere is really no good reason to go to Muang Kuah unless you want to cross the border to Vietnam, or have to catch a boat or bus to Phongsali or China (I'm not sure if you can take a bus directly to China from Muang Kuah)