rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is game becoming harder/Smartphones

Some backstory - I didn't get laid until I was 18. I was a super omega kid in high school but then upgraded to beta doormat. I was the BFF orbiter of this amazingly gorgeous girl in college who eventually let me put it in her for a few months. The next year I dated another girl who was way out of my league. Now I had no game at this time. I was a brainwashed college kid who acted as an emotional pincushion for these girls, wanted to cuddle, actively pushed for relationships, etc. Yet both these girls were some of the hottest girls I've ever been with.

Right after college I had my longest relationship (2 years) with a girl who wasn't as hot as the other 2, but who had done some modeling work and cleaned up well. I have to reiterate that I was still a major beta chump, spending all my money on her and letting her wear the pants. When we split up I had my first true taste of red pill rage and I discovered the manosphere. I also studied up on game as a means to either get her back or to try and find a new girl.

But somewhere around 3-4 years ago I noticed the girls I was getting just weren't up to the standard I had. I tried online dating and each girl was worse than the last. In the span of about 6 months I went on about 15 dates - The first girl was out of my league for my level of game, but by the end I was scraping the bottom of the barrel (Read: SIFs and uggos), and even these girls wouldn't kiss me or return calls after the date. I eventually got into a 3 year relationship with a girl I met in person who was the ugliest girl I had dated long-term, but who felt I was out of her league and therefore did her best to please me. It was settling, pure and simple.

We broke up about a year ago and my life is much different. I'm older, making more money, going to the gym and looking better, and my confidence levels are much higher than they've ever been. I find it easier to talk to people and be more bold. Yet I'm having the worst time gaming girls. I do have to say that I've had two of the easiest lays of my life during this time, though. But surprise surprise, they were just okay. The last of these happened this weekend - The girl was in her early 30's and not in the best shape. When she left I just thought to myself "This is seriously the best I can do?"

But it's not just me who notices this. I have some single friends who are finding it harder and harder to build rapport with girls. Most of them are stand-offish, if not straight up abrasive. There's a bar/club I used to go to about 5 years ago where I'd have no trouble dancing with girls and getting number/kiss closes. But I began going back there since being single and the level of bitch shield in the place has skyrocketed. This weekend I got chewed out by a 5 for trying to talk to her and her friend of similarly average looks. I also began online dating again 2 months ago and have had zero dates, when just 3-4 years ago I managed to have a couple a month.

I'm wondering if smartphones have something to do with it. Since the proliferation of these opiates for the masses I've found it tougher to connect to people. A smartphone gives a girl all the validation she needs - Why should she talk to most people when she has social media to keep her entertained? It's also hard to open a girl when she's got her phone up to her face and doing whatever it is she's doing. A lot of times while texting girls they'll just disappear in the middle of a conversation and never come back. I've NEVER had that happen to me until about a few years ago. But why would she concentrate on one conversation when someone she likes more could email, call, text, IM, tweet, Instagram, etc. her on one device?

So yeah, anyone else noticing that their returns are very disproportionate to the level of game they have?

Yeah it's not your imagination here. But it would be unfair to blame it all on smartphones.

Think about the medium and the message. Smartphones are the medium, and the message - through their smartphones and whatever app/technology - to girls is that they don't need men.

This is especially true in the US/Canada/western EU anglosphere. It is not so much about smartphones as a more deeply rooted cultural problem.

From what I've seen and heard, Asians and Filipinas are even WORSE than Americans when it comes to smartphone use. They are constantly taking selfies and hopelessly addicted to their smartphones. Yet they (in most cases) don't possess the same degenerate traits of cultural decline as what you have been seeing in recent months and years.

So to blame smartphones entirely is looking at the medium, which is only part of the big picture.

It's not just you, the market in western countries is extremely skewed against you.
I know a couple good looking 'naturals', who once they got out of the social status they had in school / college, they ended up with ugly or average girls. To get a cold approach interested in you is pretty difficult, and that's just the beginning.
Getting girls outside social circle has probably never been harder than it is now.

The reality is women just don't like men in the same way men like women. If they are even somewhat financially independent there's just no reason for them to spend their time with you. That's why loud, entertaining clowns with muscles will get the most girls. They respond to stimulation. Traditional qualities are not stimulating to women.

Personally, I've been learning Russian and plan to leave eventually. It's clear to me the women in western countries simply don't give a shit about you, they have too many options.

If you decide to stick with American girls, you're going to get a very low return on your enormous investment of time and energy trying to get a cute thin one. I've decided to check out and look to other countries, it's your choice how much you want to put up with. There's just so many suckers hitting on them you are viewed as disposable.

Once they hit 27, however, they realize they need a nice beta before they hit the wall. Don't be the sucker who commits right before she hits the wall.

Its the Paradox of Choice. The more choices people have the less likely they are to be satisfied with what they have/the more likely they become paralyzed and cannot decide, whether that be in choice of sexual partners, entertainment, or at the grocery store looking at the 40 different ketchups. It's been shown in studies that, in general, more choice does not equal more happiness, it causes anxiety.

Not only are we ourself facing the paradox of choice, but we're having to deal with girls' constant distraction from too many options.

Americans are dreamers too

Quote: (08-11-2015 02:21 PM)Disco_Volante Wrote:  

It's clear to me the women in western countries simply don't give a shit about you, they have too many options.

If you decide to stick with American girls, you're going to get a very low return on your enormous investment of time and energy trying to get a cute thin one.

Without disagreeing to the bad state of dating in the west, how then can you account for the numerous couples that I see, many times with goofy looking dudes with one of the non-old/fat/ugly girls? How are those guys successful?

Quote: (08-11-2015 02:56 PM)scrambled Wrote:  

Without disagreeing to the bad state of dating in the west, how then can you account for the numerous couples that I see, many times with goofy looking dudes with one of the non-old/fat/ugly girls? How are those guys successful?

Tight game
Good looks
Lots of money
Social circle

Or any combination of the above.

It may be getting harder for the average guy, but it seems to a skewing towards a small percentage of guys getting a disproportionate amount of sex.

I have a friend who has around 80+ lays this year itself in Toronto. What this tells me is that a lot of girls are looking to hook up, but only with "hot" guys.

This leaves the average dude out in the cold, but it seems to be helping a small percentage of dudes who are the top 1 percent.

All it really does is motivate me to become that guy. I don't see it as a bad thing per se as its motivation to become a 1 percent dude so I can have crazy amounts of abundance.

My results have been getting better year by year slowly but surely so I don't see things as getting harder.

Scrambled ---- Yes but how many of those guys consistently date hot women? If they broke up with her could they get another ?

Most men are capable of landing a cute girl at some point in their lives, but it's often situational - maybe In school they had status for whatever reason (sports, fraternity, whatever), or in the real world maybe they had a nice job and happen to be in the social circle of a hot co-worker.

Their weakness is they don't understand the dynamics of why she's attracted to them in the first place. Once that social group changes, they lose the hot girl and they don't understand why.

This is common in highschool, the local guy has status and gets hot girls consistently, but once he moves away no one gives a shit who he is. They are blind to what is around them. I'm talking about getting girls who AREN'T in your social circle and who you don't already know, it's much more difficult. The way a girl can break up with her boyfriend, and instantly get a quality guy is not the same for men, who have a much harder time replacing a quality girl.

For the past year smartphones have helped me game girls easier.

I realized a few years ago while in college that a lot of girls have horrible social skills, are very fake, lie a lot, are vapid, can't hold a conversation, are attention whores, and get easily jealous of other girls and cockblock you because they are not getting the attention.

So then I set out to find a way to conquer all these obstacles use these obstacles to benefit myself.

I started using my smartphone to record my cold approaches.

I go up a girl I find attractive and ask her if we can take a selfie. This instantly bypasses her horrible social skills because bitches can't hold conversations but they love taking selfies as it helps them feel validated,that they are cute, and feel like a celebrity. Other girls who see this happening start getting jealous and wishing somebody would think that they are cute enough to take a selfie with.

While doing these selfies so many of these girls I've taken them with make all these fake faces as if they were Instagram models or some shit like that.

But then I escalate shit quickly and give her a kiss on the cheek and then I get one in return from her and then I just go for the makeout.

You would be surprised at how many girls are down to do this as it's spontaneous and they are still in the high of feeling validated. You also have to look good yourself to pull this off and have a good smile.

After that you can game them any way you prefer and see fit based on the situation.

I have successfully done this over 1,000 times and might eventually go for a Guinness World Record title in the next few years.

This method will help you create an abundance mentality and teach you that girls are easily replaceable.

You will stop settling for less and start striving for top quality girls while you are building a very diverse portfolio of beautiful women, creating social proof, and improving your own self confidence and self-image.

Let me know if you need a better explanation or need me to post a video of it in action.

JustApproach,

Post a video of this take-a-selfie-with-me approach. I'm interested.

^ Interested as well. Meant to ask in another thread. I'd like to see how this works, or if you have some more detailed anecdotes

Americans are dreamers too

Quote: (08-11-2015 04:01 PM)CleanSlate Wrote:  

JustApproach,

Quote: (08-11-2015 04:13 PM)GlobalMan Wrote:  

^ Interested as well. Meant to ask in another thread. I'd like to see how this works, or if you have some more detailed anecdotes

Aww shit for realz.Okay I'll be sure to post more videos of selfie game for you guys this week. It just takes time to edit and blue their faces in Adobe Premire Pro CC.

I have to blur their faces for privacy reasons and because I don't want to encounter any legal problems in the future.

Even bitches with boyfriends or who are married love taking selfies and are easy to kiss. But don't post them online or social media because then you will end up with a lot of jealous/angry boyfriends, husbands, white knights, other hating bitches, etc...

I'm going to post this video temporarily to give you a sample. It was editing on my phone so sorry about the video quality as I just downloaded the Adobe Premiere Pro CC 30 day trial this week to start editing my videos properly.

I did this in Hollywood on the walk of fame last week.
At the 23 seconds mark I spin the girl around to see how good her Ass looks then I say let's take a selfie. I then said some BS about how I wanted to tell me friends I saw an angel today. Girls eat that validation shit up like it's an all you can eat buffet.

At the 58 second mark I saw this thick ass asian girl with her friends and stopped her to take a selfie with her. It's a great way to Isolate her from her friends to.

At the 1:13 minute mark I ask the girl if I could take a selfie with her ASS and at first she says sitting down then I tell her no I want to take it with her standing up. All this meanwhile her friend is there.

I did the selfie game with this girl on the beach after putting my number in her phone while her friends walked off once again isolating her from her friends.

Quote: (08-11-2015 02:21 PM)Disco_Volante Wrote:  

Getting girls outside social circle has probably never been harder than it is now.

This. Come to think of it, the last two girls I dated for any length of time were girls I met through friends. My two easiest lays that occurred recently were also through friends - One was a friend of my bandmates who saw us play live, and the one from this weekend was at a house party. Going to bars it's even difficult to talk to anyone, male or female. Everyone's in their own little group and they'll act defensive if you go up to them.

Quote: (08-11-2015 02:28 PM)GlobalMan Wrote:  

Its the Paradox of Choice. The more choices people have the less likely they are to be satisfied with what they have/the more likely they become paralyzed and cannot decide, whether that be in choice of sexual partners, entertainment, or at the grocery store looking at the 40 different ketchups. It's been shown in studies that, in general, more choice does not equal more happiness, it causes anxiety.

Not only are we ourself facing the paradox of choice, but we're having to deal with girls' constant distraction from too many options.

It also doesn't help that I live in NYC where it's easy to meet people, as well as avoid them. And so true about the abundance mentality. I thought girls moved on fast in my college, but since moving to the city I've found that girls can move on in the middle of a date. In my time online dating a few years back only one girl wanted to have a second date (And she was a porker). It was almost guaranteed that no matter how fun the date was, I would never hear from the girls again.

The girl who I met through my band was another example of this. I bring her home and bang her. The next day she still wanted to kiss and cuddle and was all too eager to become Facebook friends with me. Then we talked once, she said no when I suggested getting together again, and that was it. I've run into her a few times and it's like we're strangers. Likewise, the girl I hooked up with this weekend was still affectionate the next morning, but left without even suggesting we exchange numbers or social media info. This girl was maybe a 5. Contrast that 10 years ago with the 10 I lost my virginity to who still wanted to be with me after I pulled every beta trick in the book.

In addition, I very rarely see people my age (Late 20's) updating relationship info on social media, even if everyone knows they're seeing someone exclusively. Relationships just aren't as important to my generation. You can also spot the carousel riders this way - I know a girl who's absolutely gorgeous who's been listed as "single" for the 4 years I've known her. Now she's 28 and starting to gain weight and not be as hot as she used to be. $10 says she changes her relationship status within the next year.

Nope. Not at all.

Smartphones just make it easier for beta orbiters to hit her all up all the time.

Women are still physically attracted to manly men who don't spend their entire day fucking around on their phone, writing stupid text messages about nothing.

All I read after that is two gorgeous college girl friends, then in 6 months 15 dates obtained with terrible game.

How good looking are you?

The game gets a quite a bit tougher for good looking guys past college because now chicks online have a dozens of guys just as good looking hitting on them.

The game is the easiest as it has been in history if you are willing to put in 30-60 quality approaches a month with quality logistics. Locking down a quality LTR - now is the the hardest it has been.

Nothing will ever compare to being a good looking guy in college though game or not - that is the easiest it will ever be barring fame/ or a niche. College girls haven't had enough exposure to being gamed and knowing their value yet.

SENS Foundation - help stop age-related diseases

Quote: (05-19-2016 12:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  
If I talk to 100 19 year old girls, at least one of them is getting fucked!
Quote:WestIndianArchie Wrote:
Am I reacting to her? No pussy, all problems
Or
Is she reacting to me? All pussy, no problems

Quote: (08-11-2015 06:44 PM)Travesty Wrote:  

All I read after that is two gorgeous college girl friends, then in 6 months 15 dates obtained with terrible game.

How good looking are you?

The game gets a quite a bit tougher for good looking guys past college because now chicks online have a dozens of guys just as good looking hitting on them.

The game is the easiest as it has been in history if you are willing to put in 30-60 quality approaches a month with quality logistics. Locking down a quality LTR - now is the the hardest it has been.

Nothing will ever compare to being a good looking guy in college though game or not - that is the easiest it will ever be barring fame/ or a niche. College girls haven't had enough exposure to being gamed and knowing their value yet.

Really? I find the opposite to be true.

All the girls I hang out with want to lock down a LTR and I'm kind of like "slow down with that."

I also own a big house, have a bunch of money, have some status, etc. I've turned away a bunch of really decent girls because I'm not ready for a LTR.

This entire story is a mess.
- has 2 "hot" gf's in college, but he's a beta
- meets girls through HIS BAND, but has problems
- lives in NYC

If you didn't have so many posts, I'd call this a troll.

Soup basically had your exact profile, and he's by all accounts done quite well with the ladies.

Anyway, Just Approach had the best advice in the thread so far.

[b]As for the macro trends[/b]

1) A girl on her smartphone @ a venue is par for the course.

Back in the day, a girl might be in a deep conversation with her friend - you had to step, interrupt, deal with the interruption from your target and from the obstacle, and then deliver whatever you were going to deliver.

An iPhone is even less of a threat than her friend.

She wearing headphones?
She's got her sunglasses on?
She's ice grilling?

And?

A chick standing by herself at a club is probably in her head doing something, and when a player shows up, that interrupts whatever she was thinking about.

Just cause that thing is now external doesn't change what you have to do.

And if she's a bitch, well that's the game.
The whole point is to get her out of defense mode. If you don't have a bunch of shit in mind to defang a broad, I don't know what to tell you. You must be getting by on good looks, dim lights, and alcohol.

If you're not doing changing hearts and minds, then you're not running game imo.

2) Also, if if you believe that the chick is getting "social validation" or some other such nonsense from her "instagram likes" and "retweets" - recognize that a pretty girl in 2005 was getting social validation from guys in real space all day.

Smartphone and Social validation arguments for a chick IN THE CLUB is a non issue.

3) The real problem is that these social networks are making the clubs and other meeting spots empty. Even if your spot is still open, others that you didn't go to have closed.

That's happening all over the country and all over the globe. Women are going out less.

Social media, broadband internet, are probably to blame - but that chick who's at home a Thursday night
- still has her profile up
- still goes to her job, her gym, to the train, to the grocery store, to shop
- doesn't go to her weekly dance club/bar but does go to "major" events.

It's not like her biology has changed.
She still wants to find a guy to marry, still wants to find a guy to fuck.
Even if she wants her career. Even if she's a SJW feminist.

At the macro level, less marriages, less children being born, less intact families, more social-atomization, + all the other things going on in the world - Society is basically fucked.

But day by day for the individual - at the micro level - you run across bitches - Game is getting on them hoes.

Day game is harder than night game.
Online game requires new tools and a new mindset
Building a social circle isn't as straight forward as cold approaching.

What are you gonna do? Jerk off for the rest of your life?

WIA

I'll throw a few thoughts into the mix:

The phones are part of the problem, a symptom of bigger issues.

Now, as far as smartphones go, I view them as an overall negative. They've made flaking/ghosting/etc. must easier. OTOH, it makes it easier for us to do it back to them too. And I have. I view it as an arms race of sorts.

Also, smartphones are utilized as a key component of their bitch shields. The phone and the bitch face are symbiotic.

I've pretty much stopped approaching chicks with their battery powered master in their hand*. Like I posted in other threads, my tolerance for bullshit has pretty much reached a zero tolerance level. That's my decision and my choice.

Chicks that are phoneless or reading a book? Different story; I aggressively approach.

*Obvious looking tourist types, fiddling with their phone looking for directions are great to approach. Goldmine.

“….and we will win, and you will win, and we will keep on winning, and eventually you will say… we can’t take all of this winning, …please Mr. Trump …and I will say, NO, we will win, and we will keep on winning”.

- President Donald J. Trump

Quote: (08-11-2015 07:17 PM)HankMoody Wrote:  

... LTRs ...

I don't know how long will these LTR's last where you are both happy and she doesn't get bitchy, fat, lazy, seek other male attention, or divorce you for your big house, cash, and prizes?

They all want the keys to the castle, especially as the wall is hurtling at them.

SENS Foundation - help stop age-related diseases

Quote: (05-19-2016 12:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  
If I talk to 100 19 year old girls, at least one of them is getting fucked!
Quote:WestIndianArchie Wrote:
Am I reacting to her? No pussy, all problems
Or
Is she reacting to me? All pussy, no problems

Regarding smart phones and why girls in Asian and other countries, despite being equally addicted, are still more pleasant to be around...

It's not the smart phones, that's just the amplifier of attitudes. Western girls are brought up to blame men for everything, believe that they don't need a man, and that they should prioritise everything else in life before finding a good man. Non-western girls are brought up to be the opposite. This is why despite all being smart phone addicts, they are still very different.

As for the new generations of Western girls (the Millennials), Anonymous Bosch has many great posts on them already, but for this thread, I can sum it up as: the younger ones (<28) are very poorly socialised growing up compared to the older ones, their social skills are severely lacking and many of the Game problems we have with them come from that.

Quote: (08-11-2015 11:59 PM)Travesty Wrote:  

Quote: (08-11-2015 07:17 PM)HankMoody Wrote:  

... LTRs ...

I don't know how long will these LTR's last where you are both happy and she doesn't get bitchy, fat, lazy, seek other male attention, or divorce you for your big house, cash, and prizes?

They all want the keys to the castle, especially as the wall is hurtling at them.

Which is why I'm not about to seriously commit to a LTR, and definitely not marriage.

Quote: (08-11-2015 03:16 PM)Saladin Wrote:  

It may be getting harder for the average guy, but it seems to a skewing towards a small percentage of guys getting a disproportionate amount of sex.

I have a friend who has around 80+ lays this year itself in Toronto. What this tells me is that a lot of girls are looking to hook up, but only with "hot" guys.

This leaves the average dude out in the cold, but it seems to be helping a small percentage of dudes who are the top 1 percent.

This is pretty much what it comes down to. The "middle-class" of dating girls is disappearing.

Quote: (08-11-2015 02:28 PM)GlobalMan Wrote:  

"Analysis Paralysis" is a term I like to use describing this condition. And of course, the grass-must-be-greener-on-the-other-side-syndrome. I think for many girls, the assumption is sooo many options must mean that if each new guy they fuck with, doesn't check of all their boxes, he can be discarded for something better. Literally like shopping for a new purse, pair of shoes, nail polish, and lipstick.

This is where the rationalization hamster and justification monkey kick in. They "decide" that the next new guy(s) is/are a better choice not matter what, and their fragile egos and emotions are too much to allow to be hurt, so they're also less likely to admit they made a mistake by discarding a good-great catch.

It's dial-a-dick buddy. Get abundant and set up a cache of dial-a-pussy for yourself. Just be prepared to put in literally 10-20x more work than any woman has to, to get there.

Quote: (08-12-2015 01:00 PM)CH-Toronto Wrote:  

Quote: (08-11-2015 03:16 PM)Saladin Wrote:  

This is pretty much what it comes down to. The "middle-class" of dating girls is disappearing.

Very well put, and an accurate way to think about it realistically.

Quote: (08-11-2015 04:20 PM)Just Approach Wrote:  

Quote: (08-11-2015 04:01 PM)CleanSlate Wrote:  

JustApproach,

Quote: (08-11-2015 04:13 PM)GlobalMan Wrote:  

Aww shit for realz.Okay I'll be sure to post more videos of selfie game for you guys this week. It just takes time to edit and blue their faces in Adobe Premire Pro CC.

I have to blur their faces for privacy reasons and because I don't want to encounter any legal problems in the future.

Even bitches with boyfriends or who are married love taking selfies and are easy to kiss. But don't post them online or social media because then you will end up with a lot of jealous/angry boyfriends, husbands, white knights, other hating bitches, etc...

I'm going to post this video temporarily to give you a sample. It was editing on my phone so sorry about the video quality as I just downloaded the Adobe Premiere Pro CC 30 day trial this week to start editing my videos properly.

I did this in Hollywood on the walk of fame last week.
At the 23 seconds mark I spin the girl around to see how good her Ass looks then I say let's take a selfie. I then said some BS about how I wanted to tell me friends I saw an angel today. Girls eat that validation shit up like it's an all you can eat buffet.

At the 58 second mark I saw this thick ass asian girl with her friends and stopped her to take a selfie with her. It's a great way to Isolate her from her friends to.

At the 1:13 minute mark I ask the girl if I could take a selfie with her ASS and at first she says sitting down then I tell her no I want to take it with her standing up. All this meanwhile her friend is there.

I did the selfie game with this girl on the beach after putting my number in her phone while her friends walked off once again isolating her from her friends.

How many times have you gotten laid from that approach?