rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Anyone Doing Occlusion Training?

If you are, what has been your experience/results?

So it's like a cockring for your bicep. I've read studies but I've never seen it explained how-to style.

I don't know what to think about this really, at the very least I won't be drawing a massive WTF when I start seeing people in the gym wrapping resistance bands round themselves like some sort of rubber Egyptian mummy.

I do strength training so I suppose this isn't for me, I'd have to be into bodybuilding just to consider this, and possibly on gear.

If further research turns out to be successful I can see the fitness industry start producing some sort of gym tourniquet specifically for this, or maybe its all some ploy to sell more resistance bands who knows.

As an aside, the guy in OP's video produces some quality content on his channel. As far as I understand, he's a licensed physiotherapist with a fairly impressive CV and thus has a very scientific approach to his training tips. The supplements he sells are supposedly safer than most other stuff, but his first 3-month training program was fairly basic and probably aimed at guys not already into fitness/bodybuilding.

Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen.

This also goes under the topics of restrictive blood flow training and Kaatsu (in Japan). In fact they make and sell Kaatsu suits in Japan which allow adjusting the pressure at different places on arms/shoulders/legs etc. Also you can get some Velcro tourniquets in different sizes (either online or at a pharmacy) which can be adjusted to create tension. Apparently, having the right amount of tension is very important to get results without causing injury.

I think this can some definite benefits if you are injured as you get a significant pump and lots of blood to the injured area while using only very light weights.

I did 3 quick sets of this on both arms.. probably slightly too tight. I used 25 lb dumbbells. Not sure I got the pooling of blood to increase size more noticeably than usual, but did get sore from it. However, that night I was fucking a girl and she grabbed both biceps - which didn't hurt - and I got 3 small finger tip bruises which I don't believe would have happened had I not done those sets earlier in the day.

Not sure if that's a sign of anything, but she didn't grab hard enough where I would normally get bruising from it. I don't bruise easily.