rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Another article saying DC is great for men

http://news.yahoo.com/s/dailycaller/2011...-container

Quote:Quote:

As if dating isn’t enough of a struggle for high achieving females, Bloomberg reports that Washington has slim pickings for single women.
Christy McConville, a 34-year-old political communications professional, told the publication that she spent nearly ten years in the nation’s capitol before moving to the sunny skies of Pasadena, California, where she had better luck meeting guys.

Washington residents are “really sort of dating their jobs,” McConville said, adding that she can breathe easier in the Golden State because men are eager to learn about her favorite hobbies rather than her job. “It’s sort of like an intellectual meat market.”

As noted by Bloomberg, women also outnumber men in the district. Washington has 112 women for every 100 men, the highest female to male ratio in the country. According to the head of one social networking group, speed-dating gatherings for college-educated singles sell around 50 percent more tickets in D.C. than in the majority of other U.S. cities. In Washington, people tie the knot so late in life that the city has more infertility experts than most places, according to one sociologist.

Dating in Washington could be great for men but awful for women, as more females come to D.C. than males. Men have an assortment of choices while women may have to compete for attention.

“Young women are more likely to come into the District than young men,” said William Frey of the Brookings Institution.

There’s also the issue of people being too career-oriented and committed to their work to get into relationships. Hence, these individuals marry late in life and face fertility issues.

“It’s very much, ‘I have all these things I need to accomplish,’” said 24-year-old Lisa Hough, an engineer for a construction company.
With job demands, it’s not unusual for people to put the moves on others at unlikely locations.

“I once had a guy try to pick me up at Costco,” said Heather May. “He asked me if I was from around here because I looked tan. It actually almost worked. I’m so pale, I love being told I look tan.”

You hear that guys? You're actually in pussy heaven and don't even know it!

Geez if only I'd known I was drowning in pussy here in DC I wouldn't have bothered going on vacation anywhere else.

“I once had a guy try to pick me up at Costco,” said Heather May. “He asked me if I was from around here because I looked tan. It actually almost worked. I’m so pale, I love being told I look tan.”

The funny thing is they are highlighting exactly how low standards have fallen for the majority of men here...

Note how they don't comment on the attractiveness of these "hordes" of women invading the city.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Absolutely fucking ridiculous and just factually false. This is one of those "astroturf" articles. It has nothing in common with reality, in fact the opposite is true.

Quote: (06-06-2011 07:59 PM)AVisitor Wrote:  

Absolutely fucking ridiculous and just factually false. This is one of those "astroturf" articles. It has nothing in common with reality, in fact the opposite is true.

Amen bro! I have debunked this MYTH about DC having a good ratio (112 females for 100 males...F#@k that fallacy) in an earlier post:

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-4607.html

When one takes into consideration the whole Washington, DC metro area there's actually more males than females. Also, the quality of females in this area is a freakin' joke not to even mention the fact that just about every 6+ chick found in a DC bar/club thinks she's a 10 and has her 24-7 bitch shield up. Shoot, I am a white dude who works out constantly (9% body fat only), dresses sharp and makes it a point to always smile (I have nice teeth) yet the number of times girls give me the eye roll here is unreal! Sometimes, I dream of being a tall celebrity cat as that seems to be about the only foolproof method of getting GOOD-LOOKING women in DC.

The article does one make one point which deserves some attention,

“Shares of women in the population get higher as you move to older age cohorts.

If you notice, there are 2 women discussed in the article. The first one, 34 years old, was frustrated and left DC. The second one, 25, was approached by a guy at Costco. I believe there may be an age differential here. The women who are complaining the most are the slightly older ones. We're not hearing from a lot of younger women; that must be because they're doing quite all right, with all those sausage fests we've been discussing.

I can believe that women in their late 30s are starting to feel the pinch. That's when we men, conversely, start to suddenly enjoy a buffet of choices, from younger to older women to everyone in between. Supply and demand changes later on in life, as discussed here: http://theprivateman.wordpress.com/2011/...n-sort-of/ .

By the mid-30s, there is no longer a surplus of single men

Quote: (06-06-2011 09:02 PM)Hokie30 Wrote:  

Quote: (06-06-2011 07:59 PM)AVisitor Wrote:  

Amen bro! I have debunked this MYTH about DC having a good ratio (112 females for 100 males...F#@k that fallacy) in an earlier post:

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-4607.html

When one takes into consideration the whole Washington, DC metro area there's actually more males than females. Also, the quality of females in this area is a freakin' joke not to even mention the fact that just about every 6+ chick found in a DC bar/club thinks she's a 10 and has her 24-7 bitch shield up. Shoot, I am a white dude who works out constantly (9% body fat only), dresses sharp and makes it a point to always smile (I have nice teeth) yet the number of times girls give me the eye roll here is unreal! Sometimes, I dream of being a tall celebrity cat as that seems to be about the only foolproof method of getting GOOD-LOOKING women in DC.

Yea I read your post. 600k doesn't tell the whole story since most of us live in the burbs.

I'm starting to think that these articles keep on coming out to trick even more dudes into coming here. HAHAHA

I was going to post this on my FB page with a blasting sarcastic comment, but then I decided to post this article up as a trolling move on my facebook page, without any comments. I didn't want to sway people's opinions one way or the other.

So far, none of my guys friends have said anything. I think they are too beta to admit that DC sucks for men. They don't want women to possibly think that they have a tough time getting laid probably.

The hilarious fucking thing is that a bunch of girls hit the like button!!! They agreed with this fucking article!! Every single one of these chicks that liked this shit has a wait list of men longer than the traffic on I-66 and more orbiters than NASA and the Soviet Space Program combined.

THAT tells you how fucked up this place is!!

^^ Women love to complain. They have a special saying, "The odds are good, but the goods are odd." That means that if you press them, they'll admit there's no shortage of men, but there's a shortage of the top 5% that they fancy and would like to date. But women aren't objective and they love to exaggerate. You can't objectively get them to say, the odds are in your favor.

Regarding Facebook, I have an interesting anecdote for you. I have two male friends who are in their 40s. Whenever they post something, their posts get flooded with flirty comments from women. It's quite fascinating, because it's the exact opposite of what happens with young girls. When a young girl posts something, she gets flooded with comments from guys.

Quote: (06-06-2011 09:24 PM)AVisitor Wrote:  

If you notice, there are 2 women discussed in the article. The first one, 34 years old, was frustrated and left DC. The second one, 25, was approached by a guy at Costco. I believe there may be an age differential here. The women who are complaining the most are the slightly older ones. We're not hearing from a lot of younger women; that must be because they're doing quite all right, with all those sausage fests we've been discussing.

I can believe that women in their late 30s are starting to feel the pinch. That's when we men, conversely, start to suddenly enjoy a buffet of choices, from younger to older women to everyone in between. Supply and demand changes later on in life, as discussed here: http://theprivateman.wordpress.com/2011/...n-sort-of/ .

I guess this is where my views on DC are different many others on the board. Most guys on this board (well, it seems that way) are either in the age range of 18-to-30 and/or only look at females who are age 18-to-30.

Women aged 18-to-30 are the most approached women with the least responsibilities. Take a woman living at home and comfortable and is attractive and she almost has her pick of the litter. She can make the more "Physical & Social" attributes of a man be the priority desired attributes because she doesn't have to consider things like mortgages, family life and security. There are a bunch of guys who can hit the gym all day and buy whatever fashion is the trend.

Women 30+ have bigger responsibilities and need to select a mate that can complement that. Since most guys are into younger women (because of age range or intimidation of mature females) and far too many black men delaying settling down, women over 30 are feeling the pinch. That means women over 30 cannot focus on just the "Physical & Social", they have to add in the successful or at least very gainfully employed and try to get the best "Physical & Social" out of the successful/gainfully employed group.

Plus it's DC. It's expensive here, so Mr. "Stay in the Gym who dresses nice making $50,000" may lose out to "Mr. Conformity who makes $175,000+".

Quote: (06-07-2011 01:13 PM)UrbanNerd Wrote:  

Quote: (06-06-2011 09:24 PM)AVisitor Wrote:  

I guess this is where my views on DC are different many others on the board. Most guys on this board (well, it seems that way) are either in the age range of 18-to-30 and/or only look at females who are age 18-to-30.

Women aged 18-to-30 are the most approached women with the least responsibilities. Take a woman living at home and comfortable and is attractive and she almost has her pick of the litter. She can make the more "Physical & Social" attributes of a man be the priority desired attributes because she doesn't have to consider things like mortgages, family life and security. There are a bunch of guys who can hit the gym all day and buy whatever fashion is the trend.

Women 30+ have bigger responsibilities and need to select a mate that can complement that. Since most guys are into younger women (because of age range or intimidation of mature females) and far too many black men delaying settling down, women over 30 are feeling the pinch. That means women over 30 cannot focus on just the "Physical & Social", they have to add in the successful or at least very gainfully employed and try to get the best "Physical & Social" out of the successful/gainfully employed group.

Plus it's DC. It's expensive here, so Mr. "Stay in the Gym who dresses nice making $50,000" may lose out to "Mr. Conformity who makes $175,000+".

While I agree with your comments one must remember that most 30+ year old women are not intresting to members of this forum as older women start to fade physically and unless they work out and watch what they eat their bodies decline much more rapidly than men. Let's also not forget that most of these women have either a) had kids or b) were married previously and thus have baggage.

Of course, there are times when I come across a 35 year old in DC who still looks good but they are exceptionally rare. Honestly only way I would hit on an older women (i am 32) would be if she were a 7+ and was giving me the DTF look.

lets see...unattractive, overweight, feminist w/no sense of style....DING DING DING!!!! she's actually wearing sweatpants and flip flops. i think this photo will keep Roosh out of the country or an extra 6 months

http://www.friendster.com/photos/1323896...0946040645

What's the deal with these ratios? Last night went to midtown in dupont, got in not too hard (2 girls and 2 guys) but once inside it was like 2.5 to one. How can they be so anal with ppl getting in but it still be bad inside?

Quote: (06-12-2011 12:32 PM)ao85 Wrote:  

What's the deal with these ratios? Last night went to midtown in dupont, got in not too hard (2 girls and 2 guys) but once inside it was like 2.5 to one. How can they be so anal with ppl getting in but it still be bad inside?

you mean 2.5 girls for 1 guy? Where is this heavenly place???

I mean 2.5 guys to 1 girl. Midtown at Dupont. Considering the headache that it was to get into and the attitude of the girls there, definitely not going to make a reappearance. There's better options (or at least I hope)

Quote: (06-12-2011 08:57 PM)Hokie30 Wrote:  

Quote: (06-12-2011 12:32 PM)ao85 Wrote:  

you mean 2.5 girls for 1 guy? Where is this heavenly place???

He must mean 2.5 guys to 1 girl. This is DC we are talking about. LOL

Midtown has changed. You don't need girls to get in, it's very easy now, just a regular dive bar (and maybe you've noticed, there's no dress code anymore).

BTW, for what it's worth, when I was at Midtown on a recent Sat. night the ratio was very good, girls were everywhere. But that didn't help me, as everyone was in groups. It's a cliquey place.

Lifespan of a DC club:

1. Opening. Mostly white people who like doing cocaine. Hard to get in. Very exclusive. You need to know someone.
2. Early stage. To pack them in they start letting anyone in who is willing to pay. If you're a guy you may still need a girl to get in.
3. Middle stage. Club owner works with various promoters with "free before midnight" deals. Sometimes they throw in a free drink. This tends to attract guys, turning into a raging sausage fest.
4. Ah fuck it stage. Asian and Indians comprise half the clientele (bad if you don't like Asian or Indian girls). Cheesy crowd in bitchy groups. Quality drops.

Quote: (06-13-2011 03:51 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Lifespan of a DC club:

1. Opening. Mostly white people who like doing cocaine. Hard to get in. Very exclusive. You need to know someone.
2. Early stage. To pack them in they start letting anyone in who is willing to pay. If you're a guy you may still need a girl to get in.
3. Middle stage. Club owner works with various promoters with "free before midnight" deals. Sometimes they throw in a free drink. This tends to attract guys, turning into a raging sausage fest.
4. Ah fuck it stage. Asian and Indians comprise half the clientele (bad if you don't like Asian or Indian girls). Cheesy crowd in bitchy groups. Quality drops.

Don't know any 1's but...

2. Midtown
3. McFaddens/Third Edition
4. Fiesta

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee