rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Bangkok/Thailand vs. Tokyo/Japan

I'm going to take a vacation some time this year (probably late August/early september or mid-october). Will probably have anywhere between 9 to 12 days. I've whittled down the list to Bangkok, Tokyo, L.A., and San Fran. I will be flying out from either Charlotte or NYC. That being said, the main contenders are essentially Bangkok and Tokyo. In your opinion, which is better for a vacation? A few specifics on what I'm looking for (in no particular order): flag, culture/good time, nightlife, and food. But I'm also mindful of costs and bang for buck (figuratively and literally). For background, I'm asian american - take that for what you will in the context of getting flags and/or pipelining.

My cursory understanding of the two places is as follows: Japan has some of the most coveted women on the planet (and on this forum among Asia-philes), along with perhaps the most fascinating culture (just so much shit to see and so many nooks/crannies to explore); but on the flip side, the women are very fickle/complicated (I hear you really have to "get" Japanese culture), it's expensive, and you might need a local to get the most depth. In contrast, Thailand has amazing women and culture in their own right, but perhaps less layered (or not, I don't know) than Japan, and is cheaper (but i don't know by how much). Both have phenomenal food. Is this right?

Never been to Tokyo but BKK is great for a holiday. Though, I'd definitely try to push that time frame to 12 days minimum as it's a long flight from the US. You're going to lose some days from travel and jetlag.

BKK is cheap compared to many cities, but you can definitely blow through cash there. If you like to drink and party you can blow $100 a night. So cheap, but not dirt cheap.

Thai food is great. Street food is cheap and you'll love eating it. Even meals in a decent sit down Thai restaurant range from $3-$7 a plate so you can get a good meal for not too expensive.

Drinks will cost 100-200 baht at most places. So $3-$7 each. Bottles with mixers at clubs will run you $65-$80.

A decent western style meal for two with a couple drinks will be $40-$80.

There's always a few RVF guys in Bkk also to roll with too which can make it a lot more fun.

I did 2 weeks in Tokyo a few years ago. It's an amazing city and the night life is super fun. If one if your main objectives is to get laid the I wouldn't really recommend it, I only managed 1 notch and few near misses and dates and I was out gaming hard virtually every night.

It is also very expensive for a hotel in a decent spot which will likely also be extremely tiny (I didn't fit in the bed). You will be limited to picking up J girls in the roppongi area or a couple other places where the girls who like foreigners hang out.

Others experience may differ but this is how it went for me.

I just moved to Bangkok and have been here a few times. You will get laid a ton here with nice quality girls and have an amazing time for half the price.

I personally have had more success with J girls outside of Japan (australia) than in it.

I just came back from a 4 week Japan-Trip, at which I spent around 2 weeks in Tokyo before venturing out to South West Japan.

In addition, I spent around 2 months in BKK two years ago. So I think I am qualified for chiming in here.

I can comment on your points on my own perspective, but of course, each man will have a different experience.
Quote:Quote:

flag, culture/good time, nightlife, and food

Flag
I got my flag in Bangkok and in Tokyo with ease. The main difference: The girls in Tokyo are busy as hell. They have a life-going on in busy Tokyo. It is considered normal to work 6 days a week and to work long hours in the evening.

It is a different world in Bangkok. Although the girls I banged all had good jobs or were students, they were eager for meeting up and wouldn't mind when we met every day.

BKK is a more relaxed environment. The city follows a different pace than Tokyo.

I am sure you can get in both cities the flag. However, when you are looking for a mini-relationship, BKK is your better bet.

culture/good time
I had an excellent time in Tokyo and Bangkok.

Tokyo is a world class city. The infrastructure, the public transportation, the shopping experience for men, the service quality in general, the politeness of the people.

Japan strives for excellence in every area.

I like taking long walks in the afternoon. Just discovering a neighborhood without a guide book. Just walking around and getting lost. Tokyo is the perfect city for that. There are sidewalks everywhere. Behind a corner you might find a vintage shop, specialized coffee shop or another shop which you wouldn't find somewhere else. This is quality for me.

You can't do that in Bangkok. There are no sidewalks in Bangkok. However, Bangkok has a different quality.

Especially when you are the first time in BKK, the city is overwhelming (in a good way). The city is chaotic (in a good way). Your first experience of this lifestyle would be the drive into town from the airport. The taxi-driver will speed on the highway. The taxi-driver will navigate through the chaos of Bangkok streets, which are filled by motorbikes, tuktuks and thousand other cabs. And all that without using the safety belt.

In case you haven't been to Asia before, this is an experience in itself.

When you meet your local girl, she will show you the different street stall food and some hidden gems for eating in the city where the locals actually eat. This is quality for me.

No doubt, you can have a good time in both cities. However a good life in Tokyo is way more expensive.

I rented an Airbnb Apartment in Tokyo and Bangkok.

In Bankgok I had a nice apartment in a high-rise building with gym and pool - a really nice pool and gym.

In Tokyo, I had a small room with a super small bathroom and shower. The location was perfect, next to a subway station, but the room was not worth the money in comparison with Bangkok.

Food
I guess it is hard to find a conclusion here. In both places, you can get excellent food for every budget. I personally prefer Japanese food. However I also enjoyed the Thai food while I was in Bangkok.

Some fresh, grilled fish is just amazing and I had the best one in Bangkok.

Conclusion
It is not possible to compare these two cities. They are too different. They have their different qualities, however I have a love affair for both.

I think the questions comes down to the fact:
"Where are you in your life at the moment? What are you really looking for?"

Ray

Mannbibel - Meistgelesener Artikel: Dominiere deine Freundin im Bett
Die Rückkehr der Männlichkeit - a german blog written by Ray

Bangkok and Tokyo are both Asian cities but aren't really comparable at all. That said I'll do my best to summarise:

Tokyo
- The hottest girls in Asia, but assuming average game/looks you will probably struggle with anything above a 6 as a newbie. Then again, a 6 in Japan is pretty respectable.
- Not a walk in the park to bang quickly due to culture/logistics/busy schedules
- Expensive to stay as a tourist
- Poor nightlife as of late.
- Great for daygame in Shibuya or Shinjuku etc. You will not find as many hot sets anywhere in Asia.
- Pipelining? Don't even bother. You could try Tinder once on the ground but wouldn't rely on it.

Bangkok
- Lots of hot girls around. In terms of sheer quantity not quite on Tokyo's level though (nowhere in Asia is).
- Plenty of cute girls in the 6-7 range you can bang as a newbie
- Awesome value as a tourist
- Great nightlife. Exponentially better than Tokyo's scene.
- Heard that it's good for daygame.
- I got a few bangs from Thai Cupid. Other members with solid photos do pretty well on Tinder.

There are a lot of these A vs B threads cropping up lately. It's impossible for us to tell you where to go without knowing you. Personally for a quick game mission I think Bangkok is more fun. You can meet up with the BKK crew, hit the clubs and generally have a blast.

PM me for accommodation options in Bangkok.

Forgot an important question for OP. Are you American Asian as in Chinese or what?

Being light-skinned will get you status in Thailand. Not so much in Japan where everyone is relatively "white" and guys aren't really judged by how dark they are.

PM me for accommodation options in Bangkok.

You're Asian American so you will lose the foreigner factor in countries like Japan and Korea. You may be able to get some play, if you can pull off a Kpop look in China because I heard its kind of popular there.

In Japan if you look foreign, people don't hesitate when you ask for directions, whereas when a Japanese American guy for example asks a girl on the street for directions she blows him off thinking he's a catch or trying to nampa.

As an Asian American I feel it would help you immensely to speak the language. This way you can act as an entry level foreigner for the girls that are a bit hesitant to go all the way, so to speak. You are foreign so you've got the exotic factor, yet you still look like every other Hiro, Kenji and Sho.

I would recommend Thailand for you since you get the best of both worlds. Both your Asian and your American side get taken into account.

I'm not saying that not being White or Black makes you irrelevant in Tokyo but I am saying that it helps with approaching and just makes it easier to randomly approach girls.

This is NOT about race, it's about best bang for your buck, and in Tokyo you're going to end up spending a bunch of time explaining why you are not Japanese( if you look East Asian). Also you've only got 12 days so I suggest going to Thailand because you want to use every advantage you've got and being Asian isn't that much of an advantage in Japan, whereas in Thailand you will stand out (probably, shit who knows, you might look Thai).

Wow, thanks for all these responses. Sorry, it's been a while. I think Bangkok is the winner for now, at least for me and this trip.