rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Middle east

Middle east

Anyone have any extended experience in the middle or near east? I'm looking to do some research and internships somewhere in the middle east and I'm not sure what I could expect as an American. I'm more interested in the travel experience than the gaming/girls experience. Possible countries: Israel, Jordan, Omar, Azerbaijan, Turkey, Bangladesh.

Middle east

how in the world can u forget to add Lebanon?!?

as an american you are gonna wanna go to the most "westernized" & "sexually liberated" cities.

Beirut is sick from what i hear (girls,nightlife,game)

Also do some research on Tel Aviv.

Middle east

The threads on Tel Aviv and Lebanon make these two areas very appealing but the purpose of my travels would be to study language. Thanks for the feedback.

Middle east

Just realized you were more focused on the travel experience / language study. my bad.

ps. doesnt all those countries speak Arabic? if so you could study that in any of those destinations.

For simply tourist/historical stuff id think Eygpt and Israel would be at the forefront.

I dont know that much on the middle east.

Maybe someone else can chime in

Middle east

I'm in Kuwait right now. The ROI on Persian (muslim) girls is extremely low. This region is in turmoil and being from the U.S. is a potential disadvantage. I would recommend Jordan or Lebanon. Being white and well dressed are an advantage but being American and non-muslim makes it hard to hook up. Pick a country where Sharia law isn't the countries law.

Middle east

Quote: (06-06-2011 12:00 AM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

I'm in Kuwait right now. The ROI on Persian (muslim) girls is extremely low. This region is in turmoil and being from the U.S. is a potential disadvantage. I would recommend Jordan or Lebanon. Being white and well dressed are an advantage but being American and non-muslim makes it hard to hook up. Pick a country where Sharia law isn't the countries law.

Additionally it may be somewhat difficult for an American to receive an intern assignment in the places you mentioned. If it's a true intern experience you're looking for in the Middle East then research the UAE, Qatar or Saudi.

Middle east

Quote: (06-05-2011 11:35 PM)hoops330 Wrote:  

Anyone have any extended experience in the middle or near east? I'm looking to do some research and internships somewhere in the middle east and I'm not sure what I could expect as an American. I'm more interested in the travel experience than the gaming/girls experience. Possible countries: Israel, Jordan, Omar, Azerbaijan, Turkey, Bangladesh.

Hey
hoops330

I have done some travelling in the middleast and was recently in Israel and Jordan for some weeks. Loved it!

Israel: first off; as an american they will love you here!
Tel Aviv is a really cool place;modern, chill vibe, alot of young outgoing good looking people, they all speak english. Awsome beach culture (this is the Rio of the middleeast). Full of museums, nice cafes,bars and restaurants. hefty nightlife.There is always some cultural stuff going on like concerts, parades, shows and nice markets.
There is a big Ethiopian society here in Tel Aviv.
The whole time I was there I felt really safe, no matter what time of day it was. There is heavy security!
Good bus transport network makes it easy to travel all over Israel. Its a small country so its easy to get a round.

Then you have Betlehem, Nazareth and Jerusalem beautiful places full of history. You will spend days there just wandering around, enjoying and taking it all inn! Then there is the Palestine terretorries Gaza and West Banks which is good to see to try to understand the whole conflict better! The people are really nice and interesting; you will never forget their stories and the people you meet! Dont worry its safe!

For relaxing and sunbathing you can go enjoy Eilat (5 hour bus trip) or
the Dead Sea. Eilat is crazy during the summer months, and recives alot of scandinavian tourist and russians! Alot of clubs and drunk teenage girls having fun!

Israel is not cheap (saying this as a Norwegian), but this is easy one of my favourite places; i met so many nice helpful people, many of them will invite you for beer or cafe/tea, food is good, the girls are fucking hot, they all love to enjoy themself; going out, drinking, smoking, people will not try husle or fool you (like in many middleeast countries where you always have to negotioate for everything). I met alot of american girls in Tel Aviv.
Remember if you go, you will get a denied entry to alot of Arabic countries! and have an open mind!

Jordan: Jordanians are really quite nice people, and some people speak englsih. I would say its a safe place and its much cheaper than Israel. There is alot of palestinians ans Iraqis here. Mini-buses and shared (service) taxis is the best and easiest way to get around here. Its a small country so you can travel to all the corners within hours. Less crowds and tourist come here.
Petra (one of the 7 wonders of the world) is found here. A real impressive sight. Then there is the Desert of Wadi Rum (Lawrence of Arabia), some Roman ruins and the Dead Sea.
Food is okay, alcohol is not available everywhere. You need to go to clubs, bars, discos to get alcohol (expensive). Apart from Aqaba you will find moslty men and some prostitute/working girls there. One the side tip; Jordanian men dont like foregins fucking around with their ladies, that's a no no! Believe me! There is some hassel, especial with taxi drivers.
Aqaba is by the way Jordans only beach resort destination. Has good weather all year, and sees alot of scandinavian, russian and English tourist. Excellent for diving and snorkling.
Amman is nothing special, rather boring city, not much to see.

As for Turkey i have only visit Istanbul and Cappadoccia.
Istanbul is awsome. You be walking on history man!
Full of amazing sights. East meets west. Big, modern, the old and the new. Great value for money. Good food. Some of the best coffe is to be found here. Easy to get around. From Istanbul you can go anywhere by bus or flight. The Bus system is some of the best i have seen. Feels safe. I had nothing happeing to me during my time there. And I like to get fucked! Full of culture, shows, nightclubs, bars, heavy discotecs, menclubs (the dirty ones!).
Turkey in general has many impressive sights all over, and alot of nice beaches. Also good for trekking in the north, if thats youre thing.
Beautiful women, but difficult! Islam is the major religion here, but still its very liberal (Istanbul and big cities) , you can get alcohol everywhere, see girls in jeans and the like. English is no problem in Istanbul!
You will see alot of backpackers all over.

I dont know about Oman, but I have been to neighbourig United Arab Emirates!
Like Jim Krane (author of Dubai - the story of the world's fastest city) said ; "Dubai is Capitalism on Cocaine"! And yeah Dubai can be fun!
Just imagen 50 years ago this was no more than a creek, sand and a bunch of bedouins sitting around drinking chai and telling stories!!
...and today...WOW!! I think you either hate it or love it!
Dubai and the emirates is not that expensive as many people might think. Food can be had at reasonable price, and you can get everything from western - chinese, italian, lebanse alot of pakistani and indian food, and offcourse traditional arabic. and transportation in Dubai is new, modern and fast (Mrt). The country is stable and safe! But still you have to remember that it is a strict Islamic country, with some of the fun from the west; like alcohol and girls (prostitutes that is)!
You can get arrested for being drunk public, and even showing affection with a girl! Don't even touch drugs!! Still at the big ass hotels like Hilton they will allow you having a beer/drink at their beach!
There is alot of awsome clubs, but alcohol is expensive, also the only places where you can get it (some hotels do have). Or else you need like a offical permission!! All the people speak english. There is tons of foregin workers from india, bangladesh, philipines, pakistan staying her to work for shit salary! and girls from Iran, Russia all over east europe and some african countries prostituting. You will see them in every club! Sad!
If you planing on staying for some time, you might feel lonely at times.The emirates keeps to themself, and its hard to make friends with them.They dont have the awsome history and sights of Turkey or Israel. but you can enjoy some desert camping, diving, 4x4 or bungey in the desert. their is the camel races, good for golfing, you have crazy arcitehture, the burj khalifa (worlds tallest building), indoor skiing, waterparks, burj al arab, and the beaches with some water sports.
Alot of tourist comes here, you wont meet your typical backpacker!
But I noticed there is alot of schools for learning arabic.
The other emirates (except Abu Dhabi maybe) is very different for Dubai, you will be able to experience the more real arab/islamic culture and people.

I hope this in some ways was helpful!

-rdp

Middle east

All those countries are not in what is considered the 'middle east' and they don't all speak Arabic btw.

Middle east

rdp, great rundown. Being American, I haven't considered anywhere near the Middle East/Southwest Asia as a good place to visit. I guess the media plays a large part in that. I'm definitely going to put some of these countries on my travel bucket list.

Quote: (06-06-2011 03:09 PM)Gringo Wrote:  

All those countries are not in what is considered the 'middle east' and they don't all speak Arabic btw.

To clear up any confusion.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_East
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_Middle_East

Middle east

Bump!
Probably hitting Yemen, Oman, UAE and others (maybe Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait) next.
Anyone got any info on Sana, Muscat, Doha, Kuwait city or Manama?

Middle east

Why is it that every Arabic girl I meet within 5 minutes brings up the topic of MONEY and kind of brags on how much she will make, already makes or has made $$$ wtf?

I've met 4 Arabic girls so far in 2011, it's a turn-off for me to notice how money and power hungry they are in a " in your face" sort of way, and one of them was a friggin' waitress at PF Changs!!

Not to mention that Arabic has got to be in the top 5 UGLIEST languages I've heard. Sounds like they are getting ready to spit at you half the time!

Mixx

Middle east

Quote: (07-08-2011 09:15 AM)MiXX Wrote:  

Why is it that every Arabic girl I meet within 5 minutes brings up the topic of MONEY and kind of brags on how much she will make, already makes or has made $$$ wtf?

I've met 4 Arabic girls so far in 2011, it's a turn-off for me to notice how money and power hungry they are in a " in your face" sort of way, and one of them was a friggin' waitress at PF Changs!!

Not to mention that Arabic has got to be in the top 5 UGLIEST languages I've heard. Sounds like they are getting ready to spit at you half the time!

Another ill vibe I noticed the perceived racism towards blacks and latinos. I'm hoping I'm wrong as I've always wanted to bang an Arabic girl, but that shit turns me off.

Mixx

Mixx, Arabs are very superficial and racist.

If you ever want to really piss off an Arab or Persian, mistake them for being Indian. Watch that reaction.....so telling. Utter disgust written all over their face. Hilarious actually.

The two worst languages to me are Tagalog and Tamil. Horrible sounding.

Middle east

@luckystar.

Yeah, I already know about the Indian thing with Arabic girls and it is 100% true! I use it as a neg to bring their self-percevied high value down a few notches.

I notice that they are much like Peru girls; they will bang a boring, no sense of style beta nerd so long as he is white and blue/green eyes.

Mixx

Middle east

Quote:Quote:

I notice that they are much like Peru girls; they will bang a boring, no sense of style beta nerd so long as he is white and blue/green eyes

You sound a little bitter there Mixx. [Image: tongue.gif]

Middle east

Quote: (07-08-2011 01:06 PM)Gringo Wrote:  

I notice that they are much like Peru girls; they will bang a boring, no sense of style beta nerd so long as he is white and blue/green eyes

You sound a little bitter there Mixx. [Image: tongue.gif]

I am bitter, but not because white guys get ass easily from Peruanas; more power to you, as I personally am not even attracted to them.

I never hate on a player, you should know that. I hate racist pinheads no matter what race they themselves are. I even hate other racist Latinos.

It's just something about ignorant people that rub me the wrong way. I can't seem to get along with idiots, bigots, cock-blockers or racists. I get this compulsion to stab each of them with an ice pick, Italian mob style!

Mixx

Middle east

to bad most of the middle east is fucked up! there are some fuking exotic dimes underneath all those clothes!

What are the prime cities to go try and game middle eastern chicks? The main ones I know of are Tel Aviv and Lebanon. What are the others?

Middle east

Quote: (07-08-2011 09:57 AM)MiXX Wrote:  

@luckystar.

I notice that they are much like Peru girls; they will bang a boring, no sense of style beta nerd so long as he is white and blue/green eyes.

Mixx

hmmm, Middle East here I come

Middle east

I hate racist pinheads no matter what race they themselves are. I even hate other racist Latinos. It's just something about ignorant people that rub me the wrong way. I can't seem to get along with idiots, bigots, cock-blockers or racists. I get this compulsion to stab each of them with an ice pick, Italian mob style!

I'm with you on that mate. Can't stand people with prejudices and that includes homophobes too. I know too many people who are casually racist or homophobic and I always need to pull them up on it, people don't realise that just because I'm not gay, black, asian, whatever doesn't mean I don't take offense to pathetic comments or jokes about those types of people.

Middle east

Quote: (07-08-2011 03:10 PM)redneckpunk Wrote:  

Quote: (07-08-2011 09:57 AM)MiXX Wrote:  

@luckystar.

Mixx

hmmm, Middle East here I come

LMAO! dude, I hope you're not saying you are a boring, beta nerd. [Image: wink.gif]

Mixx

Middle east

Quote: (07-08-2011 03:19 PM)Gringo Wrote:  

I hate racist pinheads no matter what race they themselves are. I even hate other racist Latinos. It's just something about ignorant people that rub me the wrong way. I can't seem to get along with idiots, bigots, cock-blockers or racists. I get this compulsion to stab each of them with an ice pick, Italian mob style!

I'm with you on that mate. Can't stand people with prejudices and that includes homophobes too. I know too many people who are casually racist or homophobic and I always need to pull them up on it, people don't realise that just because I'm not gay, black, asian, whatever doesn't mean I don't take offense to pathetic comments or jokes about those types of people.

Amen

Middle east

Dude, first off be sure to get your geography straight with girls in the Mideast. Bangladesh is not in the Mideast, it's in South Asia, and you'd sound sorta uneducated if you said that around an Arab girl. Ditto with Azerbaijan - it's more Central Asia than Mideast.

From what I saw in Israel, Jordan, Turkey, Dubai and Oman. I can't recommend any of them simply because girls are pissy in this region and they want tons of attention and money before they will hook up with a guy.

Your best bet is Dubai. It has awesome nightlife though it's very pricey and it can be hard to get into clubs unless you are with a girl sometimes. And you won't be scoring with Arab girls in these clubs usually - it's most Euros and other expats partying there.

Jordan and Turkey you can party, especially in Istanbul but from what I saw it's really hard to hook up with a true local (non P2P) unless you invest a lot of time. Amman, Jordan has like a few legit nightclubs in expensive hotels but there is not a hook up culture there at all.

Muscat in Oman is a really nice city to visit but it's a nightlife wasteland and I didn't party there but I imagine there are bars/clubs in the western hotels frequented mostly by mid-age expats.

Israel is the only place with a real hook up culture with locals. Go to Tel Aviv and claim you are a Jewish American (if you're white) and eventually you'll get lucky.

Middle east

So which middle eastern country is the best for going out and getting a one night stand from nightgame with a local?

Middle east

Quote: (07-11-2011 12:55 PM)Dash Global Wrote:  

So which middle eastern country is the best for going out and getting a one night stand from nightgame with a local?

Israel no question. Israeli girls can be skanks, but I feel like you need to be Jewish American to really make it work.

But if you are talking about the Muslim countries, damn that's tough. Beirut and Istanbul really are the only places with significant nightlife where locals actually go out so it would have to be those two really.

For pulling anything in a Muslim country it would have to be Dubai since there are so many expat chicks there.

Look at it this way: there are many Mideast countries with absolutely no nightlife i.e. Kuwait, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, and I think Yemen. Then there are places like Oman, Bahrain, Abu Dhabi, and Qatar that have some nightlife but really only for expats which usually means lots of middle aged white dudes and hookers. So you basically have nothing in the Mideast except Beirut, Istanbul, and Dubai.

Middle east

We need to have a guide to "faking being a Jewish American" solely for trips to Israel!

Middle east

Quote: (07-11-2011 01:33 PM)Dash Global Wrote:  

We need to have a guide to "faking being a Jewish American" solely for trips to Israel!

That should not be difficult...