rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Buenos Aires Argentina 2015, Living The Good Life With The American Dollar

Premise of the Trip: Recently I spent 3 weeks living in Buenos Aires, Argentina with the desire to experience the country, culture and enjoy a much needed get-the-hell-out-LA vacation. Argentina had always been on my mind since I visited South America for the first time two years ago. I went to Peru to climb Machu Pichu, chill by the beach and chase some girls. By the end of the trip, I was banging a model (worked for Red Bull), had my own pad in Miraflores and had a solid social circle. I had never had it so good back home, but my business in the states would not grow by itself.

Now I was a bit older and had my sites on Argentina. Before the trip, I did my research, had some tango moves (great way to meet chicks in college) and even had a forum buddy to meetup with.

One unexpected element was that I had a girlfriend who I’d been going out with for about 4-5 months. She knew about my thirst to check out Argentina from our first date onward, so when I bought my plane ticket, I said she could join if she got her own tix and chipped in here and there. She agreed, and the journey began, the first week more of a romantic getaway and then when she went returned to the US I had two weeks for work (done remotely on my laptop) and having my own adventure.

First some shoutouts to two other Data sheets that helped out:

Riker: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-9743.html
Dk902: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-12805.html

The Flight: Getting to Argentina is the priciest part of the journey. It’ll be $900-$1200 roundtrip based on when you’re going.

Housing: I found out about homeaway.com and its Argentian site that listed places to crash. I paid $34 (!) a night for a 1-bedroom loft in Palermo, a solid neighborhood that’s close to everything by train or bus. The accommodations were excellent, and the my landlord was helpful whenever I had a question.

Getting Around: The Subte (underground Metro) costs $.50 and can get you around town with ease. The buses require a bit more understanding, but if I used google maps ,I could find a route to get anywhere I needed.

Money: The Argentian peso is in constant flux, and averages about 9 pesos to the American dollar. However, you will get the best bang for your bucks through visiting a “cave” which is a storefront with where they will exchange American cash at a rate of 12.5 pesos to the dollar. Yep, you just got 33% more value on EVERYTHING you buy, from a classy dinner to a street sandwich. [Image: banana.gif] I wish I had brought more hundred dollar US bills, as it would have made everything even more economical.

Food: As a Chef, I fucking love to eat and cook my way through any country I visit. You will eat very well in Argentina and not pay that much cash for a quality meal. I went to some of the finest steakhouses in town included “La Cabrera” (very worth it) and “La Payuca” (pretty good). At Cabrera, a big-ass, perfectly-cooked rib eye with side dishes, papas fritas (French fries) a good bottle of wine and dessert came to about $70 for two. However the best place I ate at was when my gf and I tried to find Payuca, went the wrong direction and stumbled upon Café Nostalgia. For under $50 we had the best steak of the trip, plus fries, salad, a bottle of Malbec, and for dessert an incredible chocolate lava cake with berry sauce and vanilla ice cream. I went back there again on my own and ordered a fantastic salmon with cream sauce and vegetable crepe medley, which was about $10 US.

Street food like the “choripan” a grilled, blood-red chorizo sausage between bread and topped with chimichurri sauce is a great bite at any hour of the day for about $2 US.

Pizza at “El Cuartito” was a standout meal. Argentina has a lot of Italian influence and you can see it in the many pizza and pasta places around town. My Argentian buddy ordered a pizza that had mozzarella, ham and sautéed onions that was fantastic.

[Image: argentine-empanada.jpg]

Empanadas can be found everywhere and consist of a savory filling wrapped around flaky pastry dough that is baked (or fried) to crispy perfection.

If you have a sweet tooth, the Alfajores cookie with dulce de leche are short bread cookies surrounding a sweet, caramel filling. They’re a great pick me up when paired with a cup of good cookie.

There’s a lot of European influence around the city, with a street café on every corner. Sitting down to drink a Quelmes beer and eat a handful of empanadas (about $12 for 2 people) was a great way to relax after site seeing for a day. I especially enjoyed the coffee or tea service, where for about $2 you will get a frothy Café con Leche, homemade cookies and a small cup of sparkling water served by a waiter. This sure as hell beats a nasty $4 Starbucks cup of sugar (and yes there are Starubcks and other American crap places like McDonalds EVERYWHERE in Buenos Aires).

Fun Stuff
[Image: plaza_mayo_uno.jpg?itok=xrCPJ67P]
For those visiting a foreign locale, I always recommend taking a bike tour the moment you arrive at a city. It’s a great way to ask the tour guide all your questions and find out the good spots around town. I took a tour with my girlfriend and the bike leader, a friendly Argentian girl that was maybe a 7 kept wanting to talk to me because I was a chef. When we parted ways she gave me a kiss on the cheek (which is a completely normal way to say hi or goodbye to friends) and my American gf got ridiculously jealous. I had to hold in my laughter most of the time and suppress a “Sorry if bitches like me when I’m just being social” comment.

Uruguay For a day trip, you can take the ferry across the river for about $50-$100 to visit Uruguay. Colonia is a small, medieval town where you can conveniently take out US dollars from the ATM and bring them over to Buenos Aires. It’s a chill place to visit and get out of the hustle and bustle of Buenos Aires.

Sunday – San Telmo Festival Every Sunday in the San Telmo district is a street fair that’s pretty big. The goods sold by street vendors are cheap, touristy stuff, but the vibe is solid and you can catch tango dancers in the piazza as you chill with a beer. It’d be a great place to day game locals and tourists.

Cooking Classes Obviously I want to learn how to make delicious food for my clients in the states, so I took cooking lesson from an Argentian grandma in her kitchen on how to make authentic empanadas, lentil stew and alfajores cookies with dulce de leche. It was well worth the $75

Women:

[Image: 2a72276a8882a3aeee3c7492c9f46070.jpg]
From walking the streets, there are a lot of good-looking Argentinian girls. I would say the average is around a 7, with an occasional 8+ walking by. I’d give Los Angeles a much lower score in comparison, maybe a 6 average, unless you’re on the Promenade on a weekend afternoon. South American girls are noticeably slimmer, probably because they walk around a lot. For Day Game, I would hit up the Alto Palermo mall.

Overall, Argentinian women are cute, and a step above their American counterparts, but they’re not simply waiting for you to say “hello” and then walk to your bedroom. You’ll still have to spit some solid game, figure our your logistics, and not let the fact you’re only staying for a shortterm get in the way.

Night Spots:
When the gf was gone, I rolled out with an Argentinian buddy to:

The Alamo: This place was PACKED on a Friday night, and for about $9 you get entrance and more beer than you can ever drink. It’s considered an ex-pat and touristy hot spot where you’ll find foreigners and Argentinian girls who want to practice their English. I met a good amount of people, guys and girls, and my buddy and I ended up chatting up a group of 3 girls, all 21-year-old students who spoke perfect English and were cute all around. My buddy ended up macking on one girl while I kept another entertained.

Side Note: I wasn’t looking to score a notch as I legitimately like my current girlfriend. She’s a solid 8+ who is sweet, feminine, low-maintenance and is a sexy Latina. That being said, if something truly worth noteworthy crossed my path who knows what would happen. I know from experience (and this forum) that without a strong sexual intent, a notch won't come easily but going out for me was more about exploration and self-enjoyment.

Back to the girls, the chick I was talking to was cute and digging my vibe. I bounced her around the venue before getting bored and wanting to see what else was out there. A simple and effective close if I was single would have been a makeout and pull…or at least a Day 2 dinner at my place. One of the perks of being a chef is that chicks always want to try my food [Image: smile.gif]

Overall, the Alamo was solid. You’ll be battling some social circles, but there are some cuties in groups of 2 or 3 that are ready to mingle.

Saturday Night Out: I had a fun as hell Sat night dolo when my buddy was stuck at home with exams. I journeyed to Piazza Serrano, where there are a lot of bars and nightclubs. I rolled out around midnight and grabbed a beer at a bar right next door to Kika, one of the big clubs. At that venue it was “flag day” where they gave out stickers of flags from around the world. I put on US and Italian flags and mingled around the bar before hitting it off with three chicks. One was a grenade, but her friend was a tall redhead who was definitely enjoying some American attention.

Soon I worked the room and even got interviewed from some students who were randomly filming a journalism project for their school. A cute blonde was giving me some attention, but her group was too big to pull her away from. In the interview. I complimented their country on how they are smart enough to let people drink until the wee hours of the morning, unlike LA that shuts down around 1:30am.

I went back to the original trio and met a guy friend of theirs who praised “Rose Bar,” a club next door with gorgeous women who would supposedly dig my American vibe and fly style (blazer, shit, jeans and nice shoes). I didn’t see a lot of Argentinian guys dress that well, and my style was definitely a plus.

The redhead pleaded with me to join them at another spot, but I was deadest on experiencing a club.

Heading to Rose Bar, the entrance was about $11, and drinks were also the same price. It was gigantic and packed at 2:30am, and I made way to the outdoor area to chat up girls. I had some catches, but with 3 girls outnumbering me as I was alone, it was not easy to keep the group’s attention or pick off one from the pack. I made some guy friends and tried to use them as wingmen, but I didn’t find anyone I clicked with. Overall, it was a mess and the girls had defenses up to level 10. Clubbing is not my scene, and here it was not worth all the work that must go into social circle game to pull a girl. It’s very similar to LA, and around 5am I bounced. Looking back, I had much better luck at the bars, and would recommend those spots where you can actually maintain a conversation and then ideally bounce them with you to the club or back to your pad.

The Bad Stuff From The Trip:
No extended travel can go off perfectly, and here were some of my less enjoyable moments

Reciprocity Fee: At LAX my gf and I got hit with an unexpected “Reciprocity Fee” that had been initiated by the Argentian government a year ago in which any foreigner entering the country must pay a mandatory $160 fee. We had to purchase these on our phones using shitty LAX wi-fi as our flight was about to leave in 2 hours, which was a mess.

Winter: It’s the winter in the Southern hemisphere in June and while the first week the weather floated around 70-60 degrees F, it soon got colder. I wish I had brought my peacoat, and instead just wore more layers. By the end of the trip I was missing sunny LA.

Cabs: You will get the “gringo” price because cab drivers will drive on unnecessary pathways to your destination. Some of these guys were straight, while others tried to hike up the tab. To get around this, I used google maps to map out my destination. When a cab driver tries to go off course, I had to speak firmly and stand my ground to get them on track.

Sickness: For about 6 days, when it got really cold, I got an annoying sore throat.

Greasy Food: Like all vacations, you can get a little glutinous if you don’t watch yourself. Once the GF left, I got on track health-wise by cooking most of my meals. I definitely ate a good amount of fatty steaks and papas fritas the first week, but once I started shopping at the local market (another hot spot for cuties) I went back to my routine of cooked veggies, eggs, salad, chicken and good stuff.

Things I would Do Differently If I went back:
- Visit Argentina between Oct – Apr, when it’s Spring & Summer
- Bring $500-$1000 in US currency, cause you can live very well with the black market exchange rate
- Spend 1.5-2 weeks in Buenos Aires and then another week hopping around some other cities. Maybe I'd hit up Mendoza (wine country) or the famous Iguaza Falls, but the tickets can get pricey so I may save the falls for a Brazil trip.

My Cultural Takeaways
- Slow Down and ENJOY a night out Most Argentians don’t go out until 10 or 11pm to have dinner on a weekend night, then there’s another hour or two of pregaming and finally you’ll hit the clubs quite late. This is awesome because you can take a late-night nap and feel energized to hit the town.

- Cafés are WAY better than in American Having a waiter serve me a perfectly made coffee as I kick back and read my book were some of my favorite ways to relax.

- Homestays are great ways to travel and make cash on the side. The place I stayed out was excellent and incredibly inexpensive. Meanwhile, I airbnbed my place in LA for 11 nights and it nearly paid rent for the month! Also when I came back, my pad was in great shape.

- It’s not expensive to travel. If you cook yourself some eggs in the morning, and make a sandwich when you’re travelling around, it’s not expensive to travel. I spent maybe $3,000 for the whole trip, with about $1,000 recooped from Airbnb. My expenditures were about $2,000 for 3 weeks in ANOTHER COUNTRY….or the equivalent of hitting up Vegas on two separate weekends. That’s an easy choice in my book.

- Using the forum for meetups is awesomeHaving a local buddy that speaks fluent English, knows the culture and can provide some some guy talk about game and life was a great asset. Props to the forum.

- Eating out is a pleasure and is very inexpensive. In LA, two beers and an entrée will cost $40-$50. In Argentina it’s about $10.

Overall, I had a fantastic time. The whole trip was a giant system reset that got me back in LA with a solid, appreciate mood. Now it’s GO time to bump up my income and plot my trip next year…probably to Asia. Thanks go to my Argentian friend, this forum and all the good people I met along the way that make travel an enriching experience. Salud!

"Desserts are like mistresses. They are bad for you. So if you are having one, you might as well have two." - Alain Ducasse

Wow, 3rd and 5th girls from the left in that photo are gorgeous. Definitely need to hit up Argentina if those are the types of girls you see on a regular basis.

Was there a decent strip of nightlife (especially clubs) all concentrated in one area, or were the better venues widely spread?

Nice datasheet. Even though Argentina wasn't on my radar, it made me visualize myself being there.

Im glad that you had fun on your trip. Great review by the way.

Cheers!

There are areas where it is centralized, specifically Piazza Serrano. If you wanted to setup a home base, the closer you are to that area the better. A couple of big clubs are there, but there are also plenty of others I didn't get a chance to check out that are across the city.

Quote: (07-14-2015 03:02 AM)Adrenaline Wrote:  

Wow, 3rd and 5th girls from the left in that photo are gorgeous. Definitely need to hit up Argentina if those are the types of girls you see on a regular basis.

Was there a decent strip of nightlife (especially clubs) all concentrated in one area, or were the better venues widely spread?

"Desserts are like mistresses. They are bad for you. So if you are having one, you might as well have two." - Alain Ducasse

Great datasheet, you broke things down well.

Good to see Arg is still a good value like the last time I went. This is bringing back memories, can't wait until I return.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

TheChef:
Did you check out any other Argentine cities like Cordoba and Mendoza? I've heard that Cordoba is a much better value than Buenos Aires and is actually one of the best values anywhere in the world. Did you go to the Kilkenny? When I was living there, that was the most popular place in town. The picture of the girls above was apparently taken in Club Shampoo. That place was originally a quality nightclub, then became infested with prostitutes, many of which weren't Argentine, now has apparently come full circle, judging from the picture above. I went there many, many years ago after reading in Lonely Planet or somewhere that it was a good nightclub. I was immediately bothered by prostitutes after I walked in. Also, TheChef, I don't know if you caught this in the other thread, but I'm pretty sure I was there when your wing had the meltdown in line at XS last year. I thought that guy was pretty funny.

TheChef: It is good to read that you enjoyed the city. Your advice about Plaza Serrano (Piazza is italian btw) is good, but some people will try to rip you off with the rent around Palermo.

Merenguero: I have not been in Killkenny lately, but the last time it was full of cougars and hoes.

"What is important is to try to develop insights and wisdom rather than mere knowledge, respect someone's character rather than his learning, and nurture men of character rather than mere talents." - Inazo Nitobe

When i´m feeling blue, when i just need something to shock me up, i look at this thread and everything get better!

Letters from the battlefront: Argentina

Quote: (07-14-2015 02:50 PM)Mekorig Wrote:  

Merenguero: I have not been in Killkenny lately, but the last time it was full of cougars and hoes.

That's too bad. I went there at least ten times when I lived there and only saw one prostitute and the girls there were almost all in their twenties.

Quote: (07-14-2015 02:56 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

That's too bad. I went there at least ten times when I lived there and only saw one prostitute and the girls there were almost all in their twenties.

How long ago did you lived in here? Last time i was there most people were either tourist and office drones on after-office, and some cougars and pros.

"What is important is to try to develop insights and wisdom rather than mere knowledge, respect someone's character rather than his learning, and nurture men of character rather than mere talents." - Inazo Nitobe

When i´m feeling blue, when i just need something to shock me up, i look at this thread and everything get better!

Letters from the battlefront: Argentina

Quote: (07-15-2015 11:02 AM)Mekorig Wrote:  

Quote: (07-14-2015 02:56 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

How long ago did you lived in here? Last time i was there most people were either tourist and office drones on after-office, and some cougars and pros.

I left in 2000 and haven't been back since, so it wouldn't surprise me in the least if things were completely different now. Back then, Kilkenny was hands down the most popular place I found there. The place was jam packed seven nights a week. Most of the people in there were Argentines, although a lot of them came from places like Villa Devoto and Quilmes. There were also a lot of broke people in there who couldn't afford drinks and were just hanging around.

If you could do it again, would you leave the girlfriend at home?

Did you find the noise factor louder in Argentina compared to other Latin American countries? I have sensitive hearing which is why I've avoided Argentina. I can usually hear two people across the street whispering and tell you exactly what they are saying.

Quote: (07-14-2015 02:24 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

TheChef:
Did you check out any other Argentine cities like Cordoba and Mendoza? I've heard that Cordoba is a much better value than Buenos Aires and is actually one of the best values anywhere in the world. Did you go to the Kilkenny? When I was living there, that was the most popular place in town. The picture of the girls above was apparently taken in Club Shampoo. That place was originally a quality nightclub, then became infested with prostitutes, many of which weren't Argentine, now has apparently come full circle, judging from the picture above. I went there many, many years ago after reading in Lonely Planet or somewhere that it was a good nightclub. I was immediately bothered by prostitutes after I walked in. Also, TheChef, I don't know if you caught this in the other thread, but I'm pretty sure I was there when your wing had the meltdown in line at XS last year. I thought that guy was pretty funny.

Hey Merenguero, I didn't visit any other cities. The main reason was I wanted to get some work down and just chill in the big city for a few weeks. Though I have heard great things about Mendoza and Cordoba.

Dude, if what you say is true, that's HYSTERICAL. My wing was going NUTS and I promptly ditched him the moment security kicked him out. Small world hahah

Nah, I liked sharing the experience with my girl. I've done solo travelling before and it's alright but since I'm pretty extroverted I enjoy having a good companion.

I didn't notice any noise factor. Buenos Aires is a bustling city, but not any different from any other metropolis in terms of noise

Quote: (07-15-2015 12:05 PM)LINUX Wrote:  

If you could do it again, would you leave the girlfriend at home?

Did you find the noise factor louder in Argentina compared to other Latin American countries? I have sensitive hearing which is why I've avoided Argentina. I can usually hear two people across the street whispering and tell you exactly what they are saying.

Quote: (07-15-2015 12:18 PM)TheChef Wrote:  

Dude, if what you say is true, that's HYSTERICAL. My wing was going NUTS and I promptly ditched him the moment security kicked him out. Small world hahah

I was in line and there were these two blonde Brazilian girls in front of me and two Southern California Asian guys in front of the girls. I opened the girls in front of me and they pretty much completely ignored me (extremely rare for me outside of Mexico). One of the Asian guys in front of the girls apparently didn't notice her ignoring me, then kept trying to talk to the girls and kept saying the same things over and over again until security made him get out of the line because he was basically annoying the girls. Pretty much at the same time this was going on, the guy, who I'm pretty sure was with you, was going crazy and they also had to take him out of line.

Quote: (07-15-2015 12:44 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

Quote: (07-15-2015 12:18 PM)TheChef Wrote:  

I was in line and there were these two blonde Brazilian girls in front of me and two Southern California Asian guys in front of the girls. I opened the girls in front of me and they pretty much completely ignored me (extremely rare for me outside of Mexico). One of the Asian guys in front of the girls apparently didn't notice her ignoring me, then kept trying to talk to the girls and kept saying the same things over and over again until security made him get out of the line because he was basically annoying the girls. Pretty much at the same time this was going on, the guy, who I'm pretty sure was with you, was going crazy and they also had to take him out of line.

Yep, that sounds about right. My wing was drunk and kept shouting "what are we doing here!?" and it was amusing the first time. Then it got annoying. Then he got louder and people in line were laughing and egging him on. I told him to stop because it was embarrassing and warned him he'd get kicked out. He ignores me and keeps going.

Suddenly a big bouncer points to him and forces him out of line. His bravado shrunk immediately and with sad eyes he left.

I haven't winged with him since. Good dude to grab a beer with, but not pickup chicks

Just came back from a weekend in BA. Had USD $200 and BRL R$300. I couldn't spend it all if i tried in my 3 days. Taxis everywhere!

Go to Palermo. Cabrera has bomb steaks, beautiful hosts who serve cheese and sparkling while you're waiting for a table. Plaza Serrano is where its at at night. Makena was a good hip-hop party.

I hooked up with a chick I know in town. Love motels are everywhere! If you are ABLE to get it in with an Argentinian, they have love motels all over town, just get in a cab and they will know exactly where one is.

Be ready to be out til after sunrise...

It's concerning that a chef is posting about the amazing steak and food in Argentina. For a major city I found the food to be extremely disappointing. As was the food in the rest of the country. I probably ate 7-8 steaks over 3 weeks there.

As a Canadian who enjoys high quality meat, especially grilling streak, the Argentines arrogantly think they have the best stuff in the world when they have no fucking clue what they're talking about. The primary issue is that the butchering is bad. The steaks often included muscles or fat tissue that is adjacent to the cut in question and is not suppose to be part of the steak. I had a difficult time identifying the cut in front of me despite knowing what I ordered. A few times I suspected I may not even have got the cut of meat I asked for. The steaks are also cut way too thick.

Next was the inadequate seasoning, browing, and saucing. A tenderloin with no sauce and light on the salt. Are you kidding ? Side dishes are ordered separately from the steak, and not incorporated into the meal in any way.

Went to la Cabrera (supposedly the best) with an American guy I met along the way. Steak was unseasoned and under seared, just like the rest of them. Side dishes were just grilled or sauted vegetables brought in a separate bowl.

I remember getting recommended a restaurant by an airbnb host who said some place's sirloin steak was so good you could cut it with a fork. Really. Sirloin? Seems unlikely as my ribeyes and tenderloins up till then needed excessively harsh cutting with a knife up till that point...

The only redeming thing was that at least it was cheap. La Cabrera was $90 for two tbones, 2-3 sides, 2 beers and a nice bottle of wine. Good luck getting that in Canada.

Overall in 3 weeks I had only 3 meals which I would consider good, without something wrong. I had some good ravioli, a decent bruscetta, and they do make a pretty good chorizo sausage, I'll grant them.

Quote: (07-15-2015 06:05 PM)christpuncher Wrote:  

It's concerning that a chef is posting about the amazing steak and food in Argentina. For a major city I found the food to be extremely disappointing. As was the food in the rest of the country. I probably ate 7-8 steaks over 3 weeks there.

As a Canadian who enjoys high quality meat, especially grilling streak, the Argentines arrogantly think they have the best stuff in the world when they have no fucking clue what they're talking about. The primary issue is that the butchering is bad. The steaks often included muscles or fat tissue that is adjacent to the cut in question and is not suppose to be part of the steak. I had a difficult time identifying the cut in front of me despite knowing what I ordered. A few times I suspected I may not even have got the cut of meat I asked for. The steaks are also cut way too thick.

Next was the inadequate seasoning, browing, and saucing. A tenderloin with no sauce and light on the salt. Are you kidding ? Side dishes are ordered separately from the steak, and not incorporated into the meal in any way.

Went to la Cabrera (supposedly the best) with an American guy I met along the way. Steak was unseasoned and under seared, just like the rest of them. Side dishes were just grilled or sauted vegetables brought in a separate bowl.

I remember getting recommended a restaurant by an airbnb host who said some place's sirloin steak was so good you could cut it with a fork. Really. Sirloin? Seems unlikely as my ribeyes and tenderloins up till then needed excessively harsh cutting with a knife up till that point...

The only redeming thing was that at least it was cheap. La Cabrera was $90 for two tbones, 2-3 sides, 2 beers and a nice bottle of wine. Good luck getting that in Canada.

Overall in 3 weeks I had only 3 meals which I would consider good, without something wrong. I had some good ravioli, a decent bruscetta, and they do make a pretty good chorizo sausage, I'll grant them.

Can you maybe post the names and locations of some good steak places in Canada in one or more of the Canada threads? I thought the Italian food in Argentina was a complete joke, similar to some garbage from the Southern or Midwestern U.S., minus Columbus and Chicago (the Columbus pizza and Italian food mostly came from Chicago, but that's another story). I thought the steak was decent, but a little overrated.

I can only relate my experience, but it sounds like you ate at places that just weren't doing it right. As I said, the best steak I had was at a small, but classy Cafe that had two chefs in the kitchen who I met, watched them cook and knew they had a strong understanding of meat (and salmon).

One note about La Cabrera was I ordered a large rib eye and when they first cut into it I pointed out to the server that it was over-cooked. It was clear as day to me and him. The next steak that came out was on-point, just the right amount of pink for a juicy steak. Still, this shouldn't be happening to what's considered one of the best steak places in town.

The sides were tasty: the pumpkin puree, papas fritas that were thick a cut and were topped with caramelized onions and even the homemade balsamic vinagrette for the salad were all delicious.

Quote: (07-15-2015 06:05 PM)christpuncher Wrote:  

I'm curious, how do Argentine women compare with Mexican women, or Colombian women for that matter? It seems, aside from the Spanish, they have quite a different cultural vibe down in far South America. Obviously a more European pedigree compared to the more mestizo/Latin cultures of Mexico and Colombia and what looks like a Spain-of-America appearance to the culture (architecture, food, entertainment, etc). Do Argentine women have a European outlook, temperament, and style?? Are they flat-out more comparable to women in Spain, Italy, Germany, etc. than to other Latin American countries?

Of course Roosh was not a big fan of Argentines, not at least compared to Colombians, Brazilians and Eastern Europeans. Are the women American-friendly? Open to dating a foreign guy? Relocating? Argentina is mostly Catholic with a few Protestants, is religion a big part of daily life, or has it become for show-only like in Western Europe?

Quote: (07-15-2015 08:43 PM)blacknwhitespade Wrote:  

I'm curious, how do Argentine women compare with Mexican women, or Colombian women for that matter? It seems, aside from the Spanish, they have quite a different cultural vibe down in far South America. Obviously a more European pedigree compared to the more mestizo/Latin cultures of Mexico and Colombia and what looks like a Spain-of-America appearance to the culture (architecture, food, entertainment, etc). Do Argentine women have a European outlook, temperament, and style?? Are they flat-out more comparable to women in Spain, Italy, Germany, etc. than to other Latin American countries?

Of course Roosh was not a big fan of Argentines, not at least compared to Colombians, Brazilians and Eastern Europeans. Are the women American-friendly? Open to dating a foreign guy? Relocating? Argentina is mostly Catholic with a few Protestants, is religion a big part of daily life, or has it become for show-only like in Western Europe?

Lookswise: Argentines, Colombians, Mexicans
Easiness: Colombians, Mexicans, Argentines
Personalities: Mexicans, then Colombians and Argentines are tied in my opinion

Great datasheet!

But damn! 12.5 pesos for the dollar? Are you kidding me? Last time I went to Buenos Aires was in 2011 and it was 4 pesos for the dollar. I should put Argentina back on my radar.

The best empanadas I've had were from a little estancia outside of Buenos Aires. I also absolutely loved the coffee, and I'm not even a coffee guy. Madero Tango had bomb ass steak. Best steak I had in my life that I don't even order steaks here in America anymore. Alfajores were good too. Liked Malbec a lot and the Quilmes beer was good too. Overall I thought the food was a tad bit bland. I need some spices, condiments in my food but then again I'm Mexican [Image: lol.gif] we eat everything spicy.

I think Argentine women have trust issues and that is why I think they are extremely hard. I remember talking to a waitress after her shift and I approached her because the guy she was waiting for ran off with my friend who was a girl and the guy asked me to watch his luggage while he took my friend for a ride in his motorcycle. I didn't want to be the guy's bitch so I told his friend the waitress to watch his shit. We had a great conversation as we waited and she took a liking to me, but was extremely shy and looked uninterested at first, but once she started to ask me questions it was on. I didn't have game back then so I blew it and didn't stay in the country that long. Another thing I notice that Argentine girls don't really eye-fuck and that sucks! IOI's are hard to detect. The funny thing is that the nicest girls in that trip was actually a Brazilian chick on vacation and two Uruguayan girls. They had better vibes overall.

I'll see if I go back. I really liked Argentina. Very nice country and a great experience and nice people, with the exception of El Caminito, people there were a bunch of assholes and rude as hell. But the rest was great.

Quote: (07-15-2015 08:43 PM)blacknwhitespade Wrote:  

Lotta questions there, but I'll focus on some key points.

First off, know that Argentinians have a lot of Italian and Spanish influence due to colonization. Most women had considerably fair complexions. Also it was the winter so they were probably less tan than usual. My buddy thetr has a thing for fair skin with bright eyes, while I'm down with that but also the classic brown eyes and brown hair look. Overall they are fairly slim and have decent girl style.

Do NOT think that being American will make it a walk in the park. Having good style (wear a blazer and you're five steps above all the other guys) and being a foreigner will help hook them in conversation, but it's a small amount of the whole interaction. Your ability to talk, kino and everything else (aka GAME) is much more important. I approached and was able to hook in environments where we could actually maintain a conversation because of my badass lifestyle...and being a chef certainly helps. [Image: smile.gif]

[img][Image: pic%20ARg_zpslqbeqcyz.jpg][/img]

Here's a pic of me on the left and a fellow forum dude on the right. These are the girls we hooked in conversation at the bar. They're both cute, fairly light skin complexion, young (21) and had a good energy. Solid 7s all around.