rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Language situation in Montreal for pick up

I'm planning on staying in Montreal through to the end the summer to pick up chicks and test the city to see if it's good for a permanent move. I've done my research and read datasheets regarding what places are good to go to at night: basically, Boulevard Saint Laurent. That I know.

My question is, how is the English language penetration among the young bar/club-going population? Will my English-only cause me to lose out on a lot of French girls? Is the nightlife area demographic mainly 'Anglo' or Quebecois? I wonder about this.

Quote: (07-05-2015 06:34 PM)civpro Wrote:  

I'm planning on staying in Montreal through to the end the summer to pick up chicks and test the city to see if it's good for a permanent move. I've done my research and read datasheets regarding what places are good to go to at night: basically, Boulevard Saint Laurent. That I know.

My question is, how is the English language penetration among the young bar/club-going population? Will my English-only cause me to lose out on a lot of French girls? Is the nightlife area demographic mainly 'Anglo' or Quebecois? I wonder about this.

I lived in Montreal the past 2 summers, through to December. You'll miss out on the girls that only speak French, but it's not a big barrier, as most people are at least conversational in English.

Crescent St. is also a decent area at night, more of an american/frat feel to it. Mt. Royal is another good area to look at, it's north of St. Laurent.

Enjoy Montreal, there's plenty to do and plenty of hot girls to do!

If you were to have language barrier difficulties in Montreal, most likely it would only be limited to the area around St. Laurent, which is the main francophone nightlife area in Montreal. Staying around Crescent Street, it'll feel like your in Toronto language-wise. No difference.

Most of the girls are conversant in English either way, but some franco girls will mark you down for not speaking any French.

Give both a try, Montreal girls are the best quality in Canada either way.

HSLD

Here's an idea:

Study French.

What kind of guy goes abroad and doesn't want to pick up some of the local lingo, especially one as worldwide as French?

Montreal native here. If you stick to St. Laurent between Duluth and Sherbooke streets you'll be fine with strictly English. Most French girls are somewhat competent in English anyway.

Been there, done that. Dont bother. Its like going to cancun during any other time outside of spring break. If you don't speak the local language during off peak tourist season expect blowouts. Hot ones go to St. Laurent strip

Read my Montreal Data sheet / trip report, in essence; if you don't have at least conversational French you will miss out on some leads.

Some very good information so far, thanks for that, I appreciate it.

I now have a second question. We all know the importance of logistics and how minute differences can mean a lot.

I have 2 going options:
1) Small studio apartment ("1 1/2") that is right on Boulevard Saint Laurent & Avenue des Pins going for roughly $33/night.
2) Larger one bedroom apartment ("3 1/2") that is further away, in the McGill ghetto, on Rue Universitie and Avenue des Pins, probably a 15 min walk from St. Laurent, going for a cheaper $20/night.

Which do you suggest I choose?

I'd go with #2.

I'd also tell you to hit Mont Royal Ave. (Porte Rouge is my prime spot) - Beach Club Pointe Calumet for some day time sluts etc.... lots of prime time pussy in Montreal area outside of St-Laurent...And if you ever are comfortable with some french, then you need to hit up Quebec City or Chicoutimi

Correction: #2 is a "2 1/2".

Hit up "Madame Lee", and supper clubs where the Italians, Greeks and Persians hangout. stick near Concordia and Mcgill University.

Quote: (07-07-2015 12:14 PM)civpro Wrote:  

Some very good information so far, thanks for that, I appreciate it.

I now have a second question. We all know the importance of logistics and how minute differences can mean a lot.

I have 2 going options:
1) Small studio apartment ("1 1/2") that is right on Boulevard Saint Laurent & Avenue des Pins going for roughly $33/night.
2) Larger one bedroom apartment ("3 1/2") that is further away, in the McGill ghetto, on Rue Universitie and Avenue des Pins, probably a 15 min walk from St. Laurent, going for a cheaper $20/night.

Which do you suggest I choose?

Thats low budget man but can make it work. stick with #2 as you will be around broke students that are mostly English as well.

Quote: (07-07-2015 02:28 AM)Vicious Wrote:  

Read my Montreal Data sheet / trip report, in essence; if you don't have at least conversational French you will miss out on some leads.

Yeah I read your data sheet; decent write-up. My French proficiency is at the level of a 4 year-old child, so nil, basically. It's a bummer that I'll lose out on opportunities, but it's either this or remain borderline incel in suburban Toronto. The same fate may await me in Montreal, but I'll at least try. What I'm asking and hoping for girl-wise on such a trip is significantly less than what you and many other guys would. 1 or 2 non-whales that I can get repeat bangs from in a month's time is good enough for me.

Learn French, take classes at the local university. That way you can network with other students and make friends.

I have got by with high school French, people are more receptive when you open in their language.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

So I've been in Montreal since Friday and I've gone out on all 3 weekend nights on St Laurent, specifically - Muzique, B Side, Tokyo Bar, Bar Korova, and in those places have done a significant volume of approaches with some local RSD guys I've linked up with.

So far things are not looking any good, any better, or any different than my native Toronto. The Legend of the "sweet French-Canadian girl" or the "friendly Montreal girl" has not yet presented itself. Seemingly this city has such a strange fractured identity that I don't know if there's even such a thing as a 'typical Montreal girl'. If nonetheless she does exist, then she sure doesn't come out to where I've been, for what is astonishing so far is just how "Trap" St. Laurent is. What I'm seeing here are all too familiar elements of a cosmopolitan/globalized club culture: epic sausage, legit near 50% black guys, out of towners, attitudes/inflated egos, "douchebags", etc.

I'm gonna keep on truckin through the short while that I'm here and perhaps give a report on my experience at the end. If there are better places to go to than these St Laurent places, especially ones that get busy during the week as it's Monday now, I'm all ears.

Quote: (07-20-2015 01:49 PM)civpro Wrote:  

So I've been in Montreal since Friday and I've gone out on all 3 weekend nights on St Laurent, specifically - Muzique, B Side, Tokyo Bar, Bar Korova, and in those places have done a significant volume of approaches with some local RSD guys I've linked up with.

So far things are not looking any good, any better, or any different than my native Toronto. The Legend of the "sweet French-Canadian girl" or the "friendly Montreal girl" has not yet presented itself. Seemingly this city has such a strange fractured identity that I don't know if there's even such a thing as a 'typical Montreal girl'. If nonetheless she does exist, then she sure doesn't come out to where I've been, for what is astonishing so far is just how "Trap" St. Laurent is. What I'm seeing here are all too familiar elements of a cosmopolitan/globalized club culture: epic sausage, legit near 50% black guys, out of towners, attitudes/inflated egos, "douchebags", etc.

I'm gonna keep on truckin through the short while that I'm here and perhaps give a report on my experience at the end. If there are better places to go to than these St Laurent places, especially ones that get busy during the week as it's Monday now, I'm all ears.

hit up off nights and try out the Dix 30 on the southshore at Mile and other spots.

Montréal is the most urban and cosmopolitan of the cities in Québec, so for civpro to post what he did doesn't surprise me. In fact, some of what he has written about is stuff that I've experienced firsthand. French definitely helps in Montréal (arguably not as much as other cities in Québec) but location might just be as important if not more important. Based on other topics and the experiences of myself and others, it seems best to either base oneself in Mont-Royal (around the orange line) or Quartier des Spactacles or have the social proof. That's not accounting for the McGill students during the year or the English parts of Montréal, though.

At Bar Korova for its Monday night party. Christ what a cockfest.

Bounced to Rockette based on Roosh's datasheet regarding Monday spots.

Dead. Empty.

So I've come back from Cafe Campus' party. It is the Tuesday spot. The club and its turnout were impressive and it had great drink deals.

However after 5 nights of nightgame in Montreal I'm in a bizarre position where I have to admit that I miss Toronto. Yes. My Hook Rate here has been absolutely horrendous, aka, non-existent, and so has that of the 5 other committed RSD guys I've met so far.

One thing that is apparent is that Social Circle is King here. You can be the biggest, most utterly unremarkable doofus, but as long as you're a settled, connected Francophone you'll have a shot at legit cuties. But outside of that, if you're coming in from the cold approach angle, Fuck it, don't bother, this place will not accommodate you and you are fucked. And so Montreal blows. It's becoming clear to that it's really one big coping mechanism for disgruntled North Americans guys on this forum who hope and wish for one last Poosy Paradise bastion left on their own continent. Sorry to burst your bubble but it doesn't exist.

Montreal has always been about social circle but it is possible to hook up with random sluts/tourists and french canadian ones in venues on Crescent and Bishop..I'm talking about the Mckibbins and Winston Churchill Pub, there might be other venues. However the quality of these places is not really good but there can besome cute ones.

I did go out couple of times on St-Laurent, not that much though and always with a social circle and the girls we were coming with never hooked up with a stranger. The girls are really beautiful there but I have not gone out there too much to really tell how receptive they are.

On thursday it is exchange student night at Cafe Campus. Most of them will be french from France if someone is looking for a flag. The girls can be young there though.

Most bars on the Plateau can have very fun girls to talk too and they can be receptive from my experience.

One easy place to hook up is Foufoune Electrique, couple of friends who got laid there with strangers but don't go on a saturday because it is metal night.

It might be difficult but guys, everytime I went to Mont Tremblant or small quebec towns these were the places to meet very curious and dtf french canadian girls.. I think even without french its possible if using a french approach. In Tremblant me and my friends got 2 17 years old back to her room, one got fucked and we met them at the bar.

One last thing, its really important to have a good physique in Montreal, not be jacked up but lean and fit with some muscles. And dressing incredibly well and with style. Doesn't need to be suited up but something from your outfit should be obvious and make you unique.

Montreal is a tough place to go out a lone you need wings there for sure.

Daygame?

Also, I'm beginning to think (even here in Poland) that it's fairly universal that social circle "Game" beats cold approach. The catch of course is you have to build, maintain, and upgrade social circles, and that takes more time and commitment than cold approach. Farming versus hunting.

Of course, location matters too, regardless of whether you're farming or hunting. More when you're a farmer, actually, since you can't move as easily as the hunter.

Well. You're using nightgame. Expect blowouts.

You're hanging out with RSD people. Expect even more blowouts. I can't remember meeting any RSD people that I would consider adding to my social circle.

Wouldn't you have been better served with a quality RVF player you could have met up with and approached with? I can almost guarantee your results would have been better than nil.

You also mentioned you would be happy with just some non land whales; that's an inner game issue that also affects your results. I've said it before and it's fixable. Doing mass approaches with RSD spammers is not the answer though.

Quote: (07-22-2015 02:43 AM)civpro Wrote:  

So I've come back from Cafe Campus' party. It is the Tuesday spot. The club and its turnout were impressive and it had great drink deals.

However after 5 nights of nightgame in Montreal I'm in a bizarre position where I have to admit that I miss Toronto. Yes. My Hook Rate here has been absolutely horrendous, aka, non-existent, and so has that of the 5 other committed RSD guys I've met so far.

One thing that is apparent is that Social Circle is King here. You can be the biggest, most utterly unremarkable doofus, but as long as you're a settled, connected Francophone you'll have a shot at legit cuties. But outside of that, if you're coming in from the cold approach angle, Fuck it, don't bother, this place will not accommodate you and you are fucked. And so Montreal blows. It's becoming clear to that it's really one big coping mechanism for disgruntled North Americans guys on this forum who hope and wish for one last Poosy Paradise bastion left on their own continent. Sorry to burst your bubble but it doesn't exist.
Why not take a French class and perhaps make your own social circle?

Maybe hanging with RSD guys is not the best solution.

Where are you day gaming? Have you been to that big park, sorry forgot the name.

Cobra - hit it on the head.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Quote: (07-22-2015 03:01 AM)MrRoundtree Wrote:  

Montreal has always been about social circle but it is possible to hook up with random sluts/tourists and french canadian ones in venues on Crescent and Bishop..I'm talking about the Mckibbins and Winston Churchill Pub, there might be other venues. However the quality of these places is not really good but there can besome cute ones.

I got in good with an 18 y.o. from Boston on Saturday. Got the makeout and went for the pull but then got nuclear cockblocked. The only good news so far.

I'm getting a recommendation to go to McKibbins on Bishop tonight. I might go there.

One easy place to hook up is Foufoune Electrique, couple of friends who got laid there with strangers but don't go on a saturday because it is metal night.

What's a good day then?

One last thing, its really important to have a good physique in Montreal, not be jacked up but lean and fit with some muscles. And dressing incredibly well and with style. Doesn't need to be suited up but something from your outfit should be obvious and make you unique.

I actually don't agree on this. The local guys here are less robust (shorter, skinnier) than what I'm used to seeing in Toronto. The bar is definitely lower here. However, this says nothing to the inborn Familiarity hurdle.

Quote: (07-22-2015 08:51 AM)Cobra Wrote:  

Well. You're using nightgame. Expect blowouts.

You're hanging out with RSD people. Expect even more blowouts. I can't remember meeting any RSD people that I would consider adding to my social circle.

Wouldn't you have been better served with a quality RVF player you could have met up with and approached with? I can almost guarantee your results would have been better than nil.

You also mentioned you would be happy with just some non land whales; that's an inner game issue that also affects your results. I've said it before and it's fixable. Doing mass approaches with RSD spammers is not the answer though.

Obviously nightgame is replete with blowouts. All pick up is. However the point I'm making is that the success rate I'm seeing in what's supposed to be the best city in North America, Montreal, is even worse than in what's supposed to be the worst city, Toronto. For the amount of approaches I've been doing here in Montreal I'd at least have a couple numbers in Toronto. Something worth noting.

As for RVF, RSD, and "Inner Game", none of that shit matters when a girl walks away from a 20 second interaction in a thumping nightclub. You know that women aren't psychic, right? They can't read your mind. I merely got in touch with RSD guys because that company has the biggest, most established network of wings. I contacted one RVFer said to be living in Mtl but he never responded. Go figure.

Quote: (07-22-2015 05:31 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

Why not take a French class and perhaps make your own social circle?

I'm only here for 2 weekends.