rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Am I getting played or is this normal?(Social Circle Game)

The gist of my problem: There is a girl I like she gives me indicators of interests but she is also hanging out with another guy a lot.

I am taking a college class with new people. I met this girl and we hit it off and started making jokes..etc. During class I give off value by being: funny, assertive and a regular participant. I am 3 years older than her and have much more experience with college. I run into her today and we hit off and went on an instant date(I would categorize it as such)- I grabbed her arm and headed to a store- we bought some food that we were supposed to eat later-I ended up paying(a bit beta but I was being courteous since last time with another girl she wanted me to pay. At the same time, I let her carry the stuff.(To have a balance.) She later complained briefly about carrying stuff but I brushed it off.

While waiting outside the class I did some escalation by put my arm around her, playing thumb war and making a kiss joke. I also managed to tell a story which was funny about video games. My friend also winged me and dealt with cockblockers. I don't know why she left and went inside the class and sat next to this other guy-I thought she was friendly.

I sat next to her and during class I kept on adding value to the class. It's all good and she was giving me IOI's. I don't know why though she kept on talking to this other guy-he's nerdy, short and a bit fat.She also acted flirtatious with another classmate of mine. I stayed quiet for awhile as I was trying to learn how to handle this ‘shit tests’. I was composed and focused on adding value to the class. Later during the break I went off by myself and got some snacks-this girl, the guy and another girl(who I have befriended) all came with me- I think they expect me to all become friends and was playing the friend game a bit-later I was friendlier with them.

I really don’t know what’s going on this girl seems to like me then why is she hanging out with this other dude so much? The guy is short, a bit fat and looks and acts like a nerd- I know he is not alpha in any shape of form. Yet this girl will only talk to me if I talk to the guy. After a while of being with them I left then since it's painful to like a girl and her doing this kind of stuff. Some people might think that I left the set too soon but I really don't know how to handle this.

Is she trying to create a social group with the four of us together? Her behavior causes me a lot of pain as if she likes why is she doing this? Is this an extended ‘shit test?’ Why does she insist on walking with me while talking with this other guy?

College girl being a college girl.

Ask her out, ask her to hangout, or approach her at the next kegger.

WIA

Bro, you need to escalate. This girl could be stringing you along. I've had experience with this. Escalate asap, ask for compliance if she refuses next her.
Next time you see her ask her to have a seat with you or go out on a date or something.

The rewards I see from working is what made me an addict.
There's way more people that want it than people that have it.

Next time I'll see themI will say "Are you guys dating? Because I wanted to invite you to a concert." Would this work? She hangs out with the dude so I think this my only move left,

In general, go with the gut.
Specifically, make a move on it, or move on... don't get sucked into becoming an orbiter

Quote: (06-30-2015 09:50 PM)Helium1 Wrote:  

Next time I'll see themI will say "Are you guys dating? Because I wanted to invite you to a concert." Would this work? She hangs out with the dude so I think this my only move left,

I would not ask her if she's dating. There is nothing you can gain from such question.
Just tell her to meet you for drinks (and possibly a concert). If she is up to, she will. Then escalate. If not, then NEXT.

I think you guys are right and I am misunderstanding the concepts of pick up. I heard Mystery and Matador talking about asking 'Are you guys together' to get rid of the AMOG. Therefore, I was going to apply it but I guess its not necessary in this situation.

Quote: (06-30-2015 05:55 PM)Helium1 Wrote:  

The guy is short, a bit fat and looks and acts like a nerd- I know he is not alpha in any shape of form. Yet this girl will only talk to me if I talk to the guy. After a while of being with them I left then since it's painful to like a girl and her doing this kind of stuff.

She may be doing it to make you jealous or raise her value in your eyes, using the only other male that's available. Personally I would wipeall thoughts of himfrommy mind, act as if he doesn't exist. I would escalate as others suggested, either she goes for it, or you move on.

Hey guys,
Thank's for the advice. I decided to move on. I realized that this girl is either player or a slut. My failure was not to escalate properly(I did it half assed) and she was done with me and moved on to this guy. However, one of my friendly acquaintances who is older and very alpha is actually cockblocking the guy who cockblocked me- this girl is all over him.

Hahaha, I actually beat the other dudes and she ended up seating next to me. Unfortunately I asked her out on a date and she told me had a boyfriend back home. I think American girls are just flirtatious.

You have two basic options with young college chicks:

1. Invite them to a party, they invite you to a party.

2. You get them to hang out alone with you.

You aren't even close to the hoop before one of these two happen.

SENS Foundation - help stop age-related diseases

Quote: (05-19-2016 12:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  
If I talk to 100 19 year old girls, at least one of them is getting fucked!
Quote:WestIndianArchie Wrote:
Am I reacting to her? No pussy, all problems
Or
Is she reacting to me? All pussy, no problems

Don't ask American college girls on dates. As Travesty said, go to a party with one or "hang out". Any semblence of a date is usually a turnoff for these types of girls. College girls cheat on long distance boyfriends all the time. This was just another shit test.

have you tried taking the relationship outside school?

you're giving her attention to work around with other people.

Quote: (06-30-2015 05:55 PM)Helium1 Wrote:  

The gist of my problem: There is a girl I like she gives me indicators of interests but she is also hanging out with another guy a lot.

I am taking a college class with new people. I met this girl and we hit it off and started making jokes..etc. During class I give off value by being: funny, assertive and a regular participant. I am 3 years older than her and have much more experience with college. I run into her today and we hit off and went on an instant date(I would categorize it as such)- I grabbed her arm and headed to a store- we bought some food that we were supposed to eat later-I ended up paying(a bit beta but I was being courteous since last time with another girl she wanted me to pay. At the same time, I let her carry the stuff.(To have a balance.) She later complained briefly about carrying stuff but I brushed it off.

While waiting outside the class I did some escalation by put my arm around her, playing thumb war and making a kiss joke. I also managed to tell a story which was funny about video games. My friend also winged me and dealt with cockblockers. I don't know why she left and went inside the class and sat next to this other guy-I thought she was friendly.

I sat next to her and during class I kept on adding value to the class. It's all good and she was giving me IOI's. I don't know why though she kept on talking to this other guy-he's nerdy, short and a bit fat.She also acted flirtatious with another classmate of mine. I stayed quiet for awhile as I was trying to learn how to handle this ‘shit tests’. I was composed and focused on adding value to the class. Later during the break I went off by myself and got some snacks-this girl, the guy and another girl(who I have befriended) all came with me- I think they expect me to all become friends and was playing the friend game a bit-later I was friendlier with them.

I really don’t know what’s going on this girl seems to like me then why is she hanging out with this other dude so much? The guy is short, a bit fat and looks and acts like a nerd- I know he is not alpha in any shape of form. Yet this girl will only talk to me if I talk to the guy. After a while of being with them I left then since it's painful to like a girl and her doing this kind of stuff. Some people might think that I left the set too soon but I really don't know how to handle this.

Is she trying to create a social group with the four of us together? Her behavior causes me a lot of pain as if she likes why is she doing this? Is this an extended ‘shit test?’ Why does she insist on walking with me while talking with this other guy?

You are the best guy in this small subset. She likes you but has other options she likes better than you right now so she's trying make you her "dick on ice" by making you part of this group with this other Herb. She is making him her Orbiter, and she has such a low opinion of you that she thinks she can do the same to you, that you are not much better than him. As WIA said, make a play. It either works or it doesn't. If she refuses to engage, be cold and distant and don't hang out in her little group. If she has a lot of hot friends, she might be worth hanging with anyway, but she's probably one of those girls with all guy friends because she craves male attention, but is getting her dick from the guys that aren't giving her any.

Quote:Quote:

It either works or it doesn't.

That's the very essence of game. You play, either win or lose. The only crime is to not play for fear of losing. Embrace your fear and it will make you feel better one hundread fold than if you'd make no move at all.

My Adventures in Game updates on the go: twits by Max Detrick

Unbowed. Unbent. Unbroken.

I don’t ever give up. I mean, I’d have to be dead or completely incapacitated.
-- Elon Musk

Quote: (07-21-2015 10:13 AM)ksbms Wrote:  

Quote:Quote:

It either works or it doesn't.

That's the very essence of game. You play, either win or lose. The only crime is to not play for fear of losing. Embrace your fear and it will make you feel better one hundread fold than if you'd make no move at all.

Exactly.....Embrace rejection and failure. Learn from it and appreciate it. It's the best thing that can happen to a young man. I'm dead serious.