rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Chris Rock on fathers

Chris Rock on fathers

Shout out to all the dad's out there!

I'm one of the luckiest man alive, nothing in my life has been easy...

Chris Rock on fathers

"This video honors single moms who have to be both mom and dad. Women who have to be soft and strong at the same time. These unsung heroes take on both parental roles and balance them with grace every single day. This year let's also say #HappyFathersDayMom"

"I have refused to wear a condom all of my life, for a simple reason – if I’m going to masturbate into a balloon why would I need a woman?"

Chris Rock on fathers

Quote: (06-21-2015 01:58 PM)Kingsley Davis Wrote:  

"This video honors single moms who have to be both mom and dad. Women who have to be soft and strong at the same time. These unsung heroes take on both parental roles and balance them with grace every single day. This year let's also say #HappyFathersDayMom"

The number of downvotes and sheer condemnation in the comments gives me hope.

two scoops
two genders
two terms

Chris Rock on fathers

More than that. Thinking of trends in terms of physics and thermo-mechanics generally holds up whether you're talking about economic, social, or political ones. What we're seeing here is that enough energy has been building up on our side over the past few years that it is now creating some actual movement.....and as always these things always follow a contagion model(think like how diseases spread) where something first starts in the outskirts of any environment and then jumps inwards with exponential reach and growth from there. Forums like this being the outskirts of America's social dialogue and consensus, and that first jump is to where people who think like "manosphere" writers do are now numerous enough to control social media discussions. Now it's only a matter of time until this begins to reach mass awareness (assuming that's not already true and just hasn't been noticed yet).

Once it does it's got some mass market appeal, in no small part because of the implicit promise(though somewhat true) that sexually frustrated millenials will be able to get laid by adopting the movement's mindset.

Chris Rock on fathers

Most single moms are single because they made bad choices and got knocked up by a loser/piece of shit/criminal/etc., or because they drove the man off with their unbearable bullshit and used the court system to basically bar the father from his children's lives.

Either way, it isn't something to be celebrated, it should be shamed so that we get less single moms in the future.

However, I do know one single mom who has two young boys and their father was murdered by a drunken scumbag. She deserves credit for holding it together and staying strong during the ordeal when her sons really needed her to. That is the type of single mom who deserves praise. When people talk about a "strong, independent woman", she is who they should be referring to.

Chris Rock on fathers

Quote: (06-21-2015 03:00 PM)RioNomad Wrote:  

Most single moms are single because they made bad choices and got knocked up by a loser/piece of shit/criminal/etc., or because they drove the man off with their unbearable bullshit and used the court system to basically bar the father from his children's lives.

Either way, it isn't something to be celebrated, it should be shamed so that we get less single moms in the future.

However, I do know one single mom who has two young boys and their father was murdered by a drunken scumbag. She deserves credit for holding it together and staying strong during the ordeal when her sons really needed her to. That is the type of single mom who deserves praise. When people talk about a "strong, independent woman", she is who they should be referring to.

Widows are a world apart from 'single mothers'. I recall going through this on the forum some times ago but here's a current example:

At my church, they will hold widows' breakfasts or events probably 4 times a year to honor these women but they definitely don't have 'help the single moms' bullshit like that california oil change church did.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Chris Rock on fathers

Quote: (06-21-2015 01:58 PM)Kingsley Davis Wrote:  

[Image: fuckthat2.gif]

Chris Rock on fathers

I had a feeling something like that Father's Day mom video would show up. It's so typical, they can't even stand one day dedicated to males.