rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Opinions on this style

Opinions on this style

I like plain and simple clothes so I'm thinking about casual yet clean shit to wear. Something like beach wear I guess. Nice slip on shoes, slacks and a Miami style short sleeve button up. Do y'all think this will work with a young guy? I never really see anyone dress like this so I would stick out. I don't give a fuck about what's hot and don't like looking exactly like everyone else

[Image: $(KGrHqMOKpoE1qp6syhCBNb8s+JJ7g~~0_35.JPG]
[Image: Guayabera02.jpg]
[Image: glenn_ramon_shirt.jpg]

Something like these. Relaxed and casual

Opinions on this style

Post an example of what you're talkin about, it's hard from that description to know exactly what you mean. You go from beach wear to miami style, one makes me think a tommy bahamas shirt or a loose fitting shirt while the other makes me think a lot more form fitting.

Opinions on this style

a young guy, no.

a 40 year old, yes.

Opinions on this style

im with dash, no way in hell should you be trying to rock that.

Opinions on this style

Damn, I was thinking I could pull it off. I just want something casual and plain that works in hot weather

Opinions on this style

This is a typical southern Europe old guy outfit. You want something more sophisticated.

Opinions on this style

Does anyone have any recommendations for shirts to wear with slacks and nice shoes? Short sleeves for hot weather

Opinions on this style

I love guayaberas with denim.

Opinions on this style

Cuvabera has a special 30% off right now for memorial day.

http://www.cubavera.com/Men/Guayaberas/i...guayaberas

Opinions on this style

Quote: (05-29-2011 03:41 PM)houston Wrote:  

Does anyone have any recommendations for shirts to wear with slacks and nice shoes? Short sleeves for hot weather

can never go wrong with a nice v neck. form fitting ovcourse.

Opinions on this style

Quote: (05-29-2011 04:54 PM)FilMor Wrote:  

Cuvabera has a special 30% off right now for memorial day.

http://www.cubavera.com/Men/Guayaberas/i...guayaberas

looks like something my dad would wear

Opinions on this style

Not recommended. Guayaberas, Cubaveras, and bowling shirts are so played out that I can barely stand to look at them in the back of my closet. I have some nice ones, too.

It seems like every douchebag with a pot belly decided to start wearing them at the same time. Plus, when you wear one, you either look like have something to hide or like you should be bringing sizzling fajitas in one hand and one of those restaurant tray-stands in another. Either way, you lose.

[Image: attachment.jpg1552]   

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Opinions on this style

Quote: (05-29-2011 04:58 PM)Dash Global Wrote:  

Are you talking about those skin tight ones? Can you put up a picture dash? Anyone else have some ideas

Opinions on this style

Quote: (05-29-2011 06:26 PM)houston Wrote:  

Quote: (05-29-2011 04:58 PM)Dash Global Wrote:  

Are you talking about those skin tight ones? Can you put up a picture dash? Anyone else have some ideas

id suggest them to be form fitting around the chest/shoulders/bicepts.

then alil loose around stomach and waist.

[Image: 25253_front.jpg&sa=X&ei=_9viTd-tGoe_0AHk...gK7MKraP7w]

[Image: diesel-jesse-deep-v-neck-t-shirt-00cgb3k...HJn22J5Tzg]

Opinions on this style

Would those look ok with slacks and dress shoes? They seem a little to casual for that

Opinions on this style

white and black should work.

solid v necks are very adaptable and can go with alot of stuff. esp some form fitting black slacks from express

Opinions on this style

Quote: (05-29-2011 05:13 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

Not recommended. Guayaberas, Cubaveras, and bowling shirts are so played out that I can barely stand to look at them in the back of my closet. I have some nice ones, too.

It seems like every douchebag with a pot belly decided to start wearing them at the same time. Plus, when you wear one, you either look like have something to hide or like you should be bringing sizzling fajitas in one hand and one of those restaurant tray-stands in another. Either way, you lose.

Hilarious. Especially this part: "like you should be bringing sizzling fajitas in one hand"

I actually like Guayaberas, but the high end ones.

Extra pockets come in handy for smokes.

I never liked bowling shirts. Those things are wack. Real late 90's LA.

Opinions on this style

Dash any brands you can recommend? I want the thickest material available. I hate thin shirts that have my nipples poking out and shrink a lot when washed.

I guess there's nothing else out there for hot weather?

Opinions on this style

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilEh0xbW7pI

start at 1:35

louis slippers
polo top
linen shorts (so my balls dont get hot)

put this under polo to avoid nips, they also have polos but they are pretty fitted
http://www.icebreaker.com/site/icebreake...llo_v.html

Opinions on this style

Quote: (05-31-2011 12:13 AM)houston Wrote:  

Dash any brands you can recommend? I want the thickest material available. I hate thin shirts that have my nipples poking out and shrink a lot when washed.

I guess there's nothing else out there for hot weather?

I dont have alot of options in my town so I mainly buy Express shirts. Go to the nearest mall and look for the most trendy stylish department shores.

Opinions on this style

Dash - I asked some of my girls and they all recommended fitted t's from Express. I think the regular round collars might be better than V necks just because I'm skinny..

Opinions on this style

General style tips:

Show off your best assets

Conceal your worst.

If you're gonna wear short-sleeves, you should have good-looking arms. I'm gonna assume you're already deadlifting the shit out those moggafoggas to get those wrist flexors nice and bulging. And you want the sleeves to hug those biceps. Extra points for increased vascularity!

If you've got a wee gut, don't wear a t-shirt, for christ's sake. You have to compensate and hit back. If you've got a gut, you make up for it by looking sophisticated.

If you're ripped, the above t-shirts do nicely, but I don't recommend white for two reasons: if you get ANYTHING on it, you'll look like a fool, and 2) it looks like you're getting ready for bed. T-shirts go with jeans. NOT slacks/chinos.

For slacks/chinos, tailor fitted shirt, sleeves rolled up if you must, and a sleek sexy sports jacket from Boss or the like. Thin cotton/linen are excellent for summer. Breathable. My absolute favorite is "Hartford"... stylish, classy and perfect for summer.

Need I emphasize the importance of NICE accessories?

Opinions on this style

Quote: (06-09-2011 12:30 AM)houston Wrote:  

Dash - I asked some of my girls and they all recommended fitted t's from Express. I think the regular round collars might be better than V necks just because I'm skinny..

I dont think I've ever seen a not skinny guy in a V-neck, I'd wear em if it wasn't for the Buddafuco chest fro

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Opinions on this style

Will v necks look a lot better with jeans? I'm imagining them with slacks and some nice shoes...doesn't seem like it'll work as well. But what do I know, I'm not into fashion to much.

Opinions on this style

Vnecks and solid color shirts look cool with my white loafers n jeans. It's one of my favorite things to wear