rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Men's Rights, The Red Pill, Reddit, oh my!

So things have been heating up on Reddit this week as Karen Straughan, aka girlwriteswhat, defended the subreddit The Red Pill and apparently it made some people butthurt, particularly those in the Men's Right subreddit, and even a few from TRP.

I'm curious if anyone has been following this side of the manosphere? If anyone has questions for her, you're in luck. I just saw she'll be doing an AMA tomorrow morning:

http://www.reddit.com/r/TheRedPill/comme...swhat_ama/

I've never understood the appeal of reddit.

Its structure and formatting to me is a disincentive to people who seek valuable information. If winners leave, you're left with petty wannabes.

In Australia, many sporting teams, social clubs and associations have a "No dickheads policy". I initially viewed the moderation here as harsh but it has in effect ensured no dickheads.

When dickheads cant post here, they know they can still post to reddit.

That sums up reddit for the guys here.

* note for anyone who takes offence easily. I'm not saying every reddit contributor is a dickhead, but that dickheads can contribute. I prefer the sanctity of a dickhead free zone

Quote: (05-28-2015 10:51 PM)T and A Man Wrote:  

For participating in a community it is garbage.
But it can be a low maintenance way to get news about esoteric topics,

I have to agree, I never understood the concept of reddit, I've never been a big forum person either until I discovered this one.

Neither have I found reddit attractive.

I had a friend in college who was borderline brilliant. He had the mindset and ideals for it but lacked the will power to do anything. He was slightly over weight, with a girl who was overweighter and had a snub nose like a pig. Good guy, was often in my groups but he would happily spend all day on reddit and read jezabel articles word for word.

You may as well have started with "So things have been heating up at the zoo this week".

Quote: (05-29-2015 02:32 AM)Sooth Wrote:  

Neither have I found reddit attractive.

I had a friend in college who was borderline brilliant. He had the mindset and ideals for it but lacked the will power to do anything. He was slightly over weight, with a girl who was overweighter and had a snub nose like a pig. Good guy, was often in my groups but he would happily spend all day on reddit and read jezabel articles word for word.

You may as well have started with "So things have been heating up at the zoo this week".

^ I feel that's the case for a lot of these super knowledgeable and at least above average intelligent people.

These guys are knowledge junkies and live to not only consume new information but forge new connections between the information they already have. Yet a lot of them seem to be stuck in dead end jobs and have no little ambition to improve themselves whether it be in their personal lives, their physical fitness, their careers, their wealth, talents, or anything else except just hoarding up more trivia.

I think these people just show that having high intelligence is overrated when it comes to success in life. Someone with slightly above average intelligence but a strong will get way farther in life then some guy who is very intelligent but has trouble breaking himself away from 6 hours of web browsing a day + breaks for Chettos and Mountain Dew. Growing up, I always saw a lot of people who were more on the geeky side of the social spectrum mock the jocks and "bros"/"bimbos" for being shallow and dumb and not being enlightened fedora wearing geniuses like themselves and as a teen myself I had the same sort of mentality. As I started getting older and noticing the world around me more it seemed to me that the "dumb" jocks and popular kids if anything seem to more driven in life and ended up doing more while those other people usually just ended up working low level jobs barely getting by but they would keep their egos boosted by trying to impress everyone with all the esoteric knowledge they have.

Comic Book Guy from Simpsons is the prefect representation of people like this.

Reddit is a shit hole, but I was linked to that Straughan post and it's pretty good. I think most guys here would like it. Here's the best bits.

Quote:Quote:

I don't think there is a universe that could exist where men, in general, hate women.

So maybe the first thing would be to stop accusing men of hating women? And to call out the women in positions of power who accuse men of hating women? And to call out the women like Quinn Norton who claim that men are raised to hate women, or Chloe Angyal of Feministing who claim that our entire society hates women?

Honestly, the Nazis hated the Jews. The Hutus hated the Tutsis. The KKK hated blacks. And yet this male dominated society, where men hold the majority of the positions of power, somehow HATES women despite not a single lynching of a woman for wronging a man, despite NOMAAS and the White Ribbon Campaign and HeForShe and a male feminist president, despite Boko Haram's sparing of girls while burning boys in their dormitories, despite the unbelievable (and unbelievably unspoken-of) gender gap in executions and criminal sentencing in Islamic countries, despite males being the primary receptacles of violence by both males and females from infancy to old age GLOBALLY, despite not a single genocide in history that DIDN'T begin with the systematic extermination of almost exclusively men and boys.

And you think men hate women. If men hate women, then how do men feel about men? On any given day, any given male is more likely to assault a male, undermine a male, ignore a male in need, murder a male, celebrate the suffering of a male wrongdoer, hit his male child, make a decision to mutilate his male child, arrest a male, convict a male, and sentence a male to incarceration or death, than he is a female.

And yet women--yes, women--have allowed a narrative to become entrenched in all our systems and institutions that males favor other males at the expense of females. That somehow, there is a "team men" that has been oppressing, subjugating and subordinating women since the dawn of human history. That men have waged a "war on women" since we descended from the trees and first tottered on two legs on the African Savannah.

Men have bled for their women, fought to protect their women, died for their women, and admonished each other for millennia to love their virtuous women as Christ loves the Church, to treat their honorable women as queens and as jewels, to present to them the heads of the men who displease them, and to duel to the death to defend their honor. The literary canon, written primarily by men, has always lauded a masculinity that protects women--the villains identified by their willingness to harm women, and the heroes identified by their willingness to avenge those harms.
And you think men hate women?
Men have never hated women. Men will never hate women.

She's not saying too much that's new, but it's nice to see a female with enough self awareness to go on an empassioned rant about this stuff.

Reddit is good for:

fun pictures of cats/dogs
funny videos (memes often start there)
certain technical knowledge (how-to's, known bugs, etc.)
random pop-culture stuff (e.g. list of under appreciated movies on netflix)

It is absolutely full of guys who consider getting a gf the highlight of their year, and for whom a breakup is a cataclysmic event.

Karen Straughan is a woman that not only shines among women, but also makes the difference among men. She is sery smart and well-minded. We are lucky to have her on our "team".
She has the logic of a man.

too lazy to open a new thread so I'm hijacking this one... looks like the SJW troops are banging the drums of war to get the red pill reddit closed:
https://old.reddit.com/r/TheRedPill/comm...nce_again/
https://old.reddit.com/r/TheRedPill/comm...i_stopped/

I know reddit gets a bad rep here but I'm still grateful I've stumbled on that reddit and the married red pill reddit. It has helped me to lessen the beta tendencies in me and take back my life so I think it's a shame if it would be deleted/banned.

Quote: (09-13-2018 07:08 AM)Meliorare93 Wrote:  

I know reddit gets a bad rep here but I'm still grateful I've stumbled on that reddit and the married red pill reddit. It has helped me to lessen the beta tendencies in me and take back my life so I think it's a shame if it would be deleted/banned.

Same here. Married sub has been quite good for me too. As with everything there are some very good bits to reddit and some really bad bits. The bell curve in the middle is skewed towards rubbish mind.

I'm surprised this needs to be mentioned.
The Red Pill has been a prerequisite to game.

Reddit is just a channel to retain and discuss these concepts and experiences.

Meanwhile if the incel subreddit was taken down it would be a matter of time before the red pill subreddit would be next on the radar.

Quote: (09-13-2018 07:18 AM)MrTickle Wrote:  

Quote: (09-13-2018 07:08 AM)Meliorare93 Wrote:  

Same here. Married sub has been quite good for me too. As with everything there are some very good bits to reddit and some really bad bits. The bell curve in the middle is skewed towards rubbish mind.

You're right... But their sidebars are pure gold! Should've stumbled on all that information in my late teens, early twenties. Oh well better late then never

Quote: (09-13-2018 07:32 AM)Meliorare93 Wrote:  

You're right... But their sidebars are pure gold! Should've stumbled on all that information in my late teens, early twenties. Oh well better late then never

Grabbed a copy of the important stuff and links already "just in case".

To my knowledge,rps made a website that archives everything thats posted in that subreddit

Mind sharing the website?

Was searching Startpage stealth Google for rps red pill and found this free PDF ebook fyi:

The Red Pill Handbook 2nd Edition - an organized colletion of Red Pill wisdom it appears from the red pill reddit...
http://redpillhandbook.com/The%20Red%20P...d%20Ed.pdf

Quote: (09-14-2018 03:48 PM)Conquistador Wrote:  

Mind sharing the website?

I think it's this: https://www.trp.red/

Quote: (05-28-2015 10:51 PM)T and A Man Wrote:  

Its structure and formatting to me is a disincentive to people who seek valuable information. If winners leave, you're left with petty wannabes.

In Australia, many sporting teams, social clubs and associations have a "No dickheads policy". I initially viewed the moderation here as harsh but it has in effect ensured no dickheads.

When dickheads cant post here, they know they can still post to reddit.

That sums up reddit for the guys here.

* note for anyone who takes offence easily. I'm not saying every reddit contributor is a dickhead, but that dickheads can contribute. I prefer the sanctity of a dickhead free zone

It's structure was about the only practical way to scale a forum that can get thousands of responses in an hour. I's award, but it wasn't for no purpose, you couldn't ask people to slog through hours of respsonses to get to the few important ones. Yes, that format does lend itself to groupthink, but how else can you handle a forum that is that big and that fast?

What better way to 'red-pill' folk than with cunty censorship...?