rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Equipment for Filming Daygame Infields

So I know this isn't an AV forum but I thought I'd ask to see if there are some guys here who have experiencing filming their infields or who have decent knowledge regarding current AV equipment out their.

I'm looking for a mic/mini spy camera combination that I can use to film my approaches when I'm not with any friends (POV perspective).

I also want a video camera that can hook up to a microphone clipped onto my shirt that will allow me to record approaches that are not POV. Is it difficult to sync up the footage from a DSLR camera with the audio of a small mic and is it worth it to splurge on a setup that connects the mic and camera wirelessly/via bluetooth?

Willing to look at at various price options so if anyone has any suggestions or firsthand knowledge, please share. I'm sure there are other guys on the forum who are probably also considering filming with friends/wings to better help analyze their approaches and body language etc.

Thanks in advance...

Yeah I'm interested in hearing about this as well. I really want to start recording my approaches.

I'm thinking of getting a hidden mic or something. May be a really good idea to just break down my nights and see what I'm doing right or wrong. Even just audio could be incredibly useful.

I used to use my iPhone slightly peaking out of my pants pocket (had my wallet positioned a certain way to suppor it) and it recorded sound and audio pretty good but the exact angle was not consistent. Chris over at GoodLookingLoser even did a ton of research and tried this lighter cam called Mecam but even he lost a lot of valuable footage. Don't have an answer for you but he ultimately just hired a camera crew.

If you do decide to go with iPhone, there is a nightvision app that will work in clubs but your biggest problem will be positioning the phone correctly. Otherwise, this might happen to you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbEpreDvbA8

I would recommend getting a right angle camera lens attachment. Someone can be filming - but look much more inconspicuous.

Instead of holding the camera like they are taking video, it can be held as if someone is texting.

[Image: DSC9774_shadow_1024x1024.png?v=1385596831]

[Image: attachment.jpg26464]   

Quote: (05-25-2015 02:56 AM)Saladin Wrote:  

Even just audio could be incredibly useful.

Yesterday I met up with Dantes and spent the whole day running daygame and recording the audio of my approaches, until inevitably, the battery on my iPhone ran out after only a few hours.

To record the audio I downloaded an app called smart record and then looped a pair of iPhone headphones (which have a mic) from my phone through my shirt and let the 2 earbuds hang out the front of my shirt. It probably looked to the girl as if I was listening to music right before I stopped her. It worked well for hearing my own voice, and if the girl was speaking loudly and clearly I could also hear her pretty well too after I played back the recording.