rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

ManicTime Windows Time-spent Monitor

The ManicTime app used to be experimental and clumsy, but it appears they have released an update this year. It is now a fully-functional, easy-to-use windows app.

It records the time each application window is open, and tallies this into percentages. It also records which 'documents' you have open, which includes the websites you are visiting, also giving a percentage tally of where you are spending your time.

I much prefer this to its closest competitor, RescueTime, because ManicTime only stores data offline (on a database on your computer). RescueTime stores your usage data on its server, which makes it pretty close to being 'surveillance'.

It is free, unless you want some of the extended functionality of the 'professional' version.

http://www.manictime.com/

I really like it! I cant use it as much tho bc i use 2 devices throughout the day, sometimes both at once. 1 laptop & 1 ipad. No ipad or tablet capability :/

Love this program, so useful for analysing where the day went.

Does anyone know an open source Linux equivalent?

I think RescueTime has a linux version, but it won't be open source and you will sacrifice privacy.

I downloaded manic time and gave it a try for a few days. I don't fully understand the pro version features and don't need to use it to bill clients or freelance but i really like keeping track of my time and activity within each program i had open. Ill click on it and say "oh shit I've been looking at useless crap for that long?" I also click it when i get mentally tired to gauge how long i can be productive before I get mental fatigue and need to take a break, similar to the pomodoro technique.