rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Sharp deterioration in UK dating market over the last 12 months

I have the impression that, even when compared to a year ago, it has become much harder in the UK to get dates/casual bangs, both online and offline. For example, even though the pickings were already pretty slim back then, last summer I was at least able to find a few slim and decent-looking single-mums around my own age to date through social circle game. Fast forward twelve months and even the women that I was a bit sniffy about dating back then now don't want to know, despite the fact that I'm much more confident about approaching random women, including on the street when out about town. I've also been lifting weights for some months now and have some results to show for it - yet, paradoxically, the returns seem to be getting slimmer and slimmer with every passing month that I spend here, irrespective of how I improve my dress, build, posture, how many women I approach, et.c. Curiously, I've been getting a lot of attention from post-menopausal women (please, don't laugh) recently, as well as being eye-fucked by a few a landwhales - every category of women except reasonably slim women in the 30-40 age range (I'm 40, by the way).

I'm left to speculate as to why this should be the case. In the past, I was able to pull 6-7s even in the UK without too much difficulty, even the occasional 8 who was older than me back in my student days. This was also echoed when I lived in Germany and regularly had hot women 10 years my junior from eastern Europe flirt with me quite heavily in my class when I was teaching, although I never acted on it since I was in a serious relationship with a girl at the time. But, shit, how times have changed since then. I feel absolutely fucking invisible here these days, except for the most undesirable category of women, as frustrating and embarrassing as it sounds to have to admit it.

Am I the only one living here who has the impression that, with every passing month, the dating market in the UK for men is getting worse? I have noticed in the past 3 months or so a very disturbing trend that at first I really tried not to notice: A tall, well-dressed and sometimes ripped guy with a very frumpy or even outright obese girlfriend waddling in toe. The scary thing is I'm starting to see these couples ever more frequently now, such that I fear it won't be long before they become the norm. It seems to represent a form of tipping point - a sign of capitulation, perhaps - in which many men have decided that they have no other option but to accept what the market is offering them, calculating that even an increasingly rare slim plain Jane is priced far too highly for their budget. Given the role that social shaming of obesity used to play here, it is perhaps also a sign that it has now become socially acceptable to date warpigs, thus removing the main obstacle for men to give up the last vestige of any control in this market and to well and truly throw in the towel.

Other forum members can accuse me of being unduly pessimistic and a game denialist with this post, yet I can assure you that, if anything, I've been optimistically approaching sets to a delusional degree until very recently - and consistently for months, yet the returns appear to be rapidly diminishing as time progress. It's clear to me that the market dynamics are becoming ever more hostile to men here and that I fear we've now reached an inflection point at which location is the much more important factor in determining game outcome than the practice of game itself.

I'd welcome others opinions on this issue, including contrary ones, since I feel like I'm becoming as unhinged as the market I see everyday around me and cannot help but ask the question, "Is it really this bad, or am I merely imagining this and am perhaps just as deluded myself?".

Quote: (05-13-2015 05:08 AM)Feldeinsamkeit Wrote:  

I have the impression that, even when compared to a year ago, it has become much harder in the UK to get dates/casual bangs, both online and offline. For example, even though the pickings were already pretty slim back then, last summer I was at least able to find a few slim and decent-looking single-mums around my own age to date through social circle game. Fast forward twelve months and even the women that I was a bit sniffy about dating back then now don't want to know, despite the fact that I'm much more confident about approaching random women, including on the street when out about town. I've also been lifting weights for some months now and have some results to show for it - yet, paradoxically, the returns seem to be getting slimmer and slimmer with every passing month that I spend here, irrespective of how I improve my dress, build, posture, how many women I approach, et.c. Curiously, I've been getting a lot of attention from post-menopausal women (please, don't laugh) recently, as well as being eye-fucked by a few a landwhales - every category of women except reasonably slim women in the 30-40 age range (I'm 40, by the way).

I'm left to speculate as to why this should be the case. In the past, I was able to pull 6-7s even in the UK without too much difficulty, even the occasional 8 who was older than me back in my student days. This was also echoed when I lived in Germany and regularly had hot women 10 years my junior from eastern Europe flirt with me quite heavily in my class when I was teaching, although I never acted on it since I was in a serious relationship with a girl at the time. But, shit, how times have changed since then. I feel absolutely fucking invisible here these days, except for the most undesirable category of women, as frustrating and embarrassing as it sounds to have to admit it.

Am I the only one living here who has the impression that, with every passing month, the dating market in the UK for men is getting worse? I have noticed in the past 3 months or so a very disturbing trend that at first I really tried not to notice: A tall, well-dressed and sometimes ripped guy with a very frumpy or even outright obese girlfriend waddling in toe. The scary thing is I'm starting to see these couples ever more frequently now, such that I fear it won't be long before they become the norm. It seems to represent a form of tipping point - a sign of capitulation, perhaps - in which many men have decided that they have no other option but to accept what the market is offering them, calculating that even an increasingly rare slim plain Jane is priced far too highly for their budget. Given the role that social shaming of obesity used to play here, it is perhaps also a sign that it has now become socially acceptable to date warpigs, thus removing the main obstacle for men to give up the last vestige of any control in this market and to well and truly throw in the towel.

Other forum members can accuse me of being unduly pessimistic and a game denialist with this post, yet I can assure you that, if anything, I've been optimistically approaching sets to a delusional degree until very recently - and consistently for months, yet the returns appear to be rapidly diminishing as time progress. It's clear to me that the market dynamics are becoming ever more hostile to men here and that I fear we've now reached an inflection point at which location is the much more important factor in determining game outcome than the practice of game itself.

I'd welcome others opinions on this issue, including contrary ones, since I feel like I'm becoming as unhinged as the market I see everyday around me and cannot help but ask the question, "Is it really this bad, or am I merely imagining this and am perhaps just as deluded myself?".
Its been a long time since I have been to the UK, but I have seen cities or countries get worse within just 12 months. Brasilia and Warsaw are 2 examples. But still not to to the level you describe, but ill take your word for it. Hopefullly, you will find a way out brother..... to South America or SE Asia soon.

Where do you live ? Describe your logistics ? Do you run daygame/night game as well as online ?

Quote: (05-13-2015 06:57 AM)Que enspastic Wrote:  

Where do you live ? Describe your logistics ? Do you run daygame/night game as well as online ?

I'm living near Middlesbrough, in the north east of England. Am mostly running quite a bit of social circle game (am out nearly every night of the week at various social venues), although open sets during the day when the opportunity presents itself. Online game for me in this part of the UK is pretty much a waste of time, given the abysmal response rate/flakiness, as well as cuntish attitudes of the women on such sites (POF, OKCupid, as well as some others). But the cuntishness of half decent-looking women is also something I'm encountering offline, too, with an increasing frequency these days. No wonder, perhaps, given that around 50% of the women here between the age of 18-40 are overweight, thus inflating massively the SMV and egos of the ever diminishing pool of slim(-ish) women.

This is just a guess, and a wild one, but I think the effect you describe is exacerbated by your location.

You live in one of the most deprived, depressing, post industrial, desolate cities in the country. I describe Boro as "the land that time forgot".

Brain drain and hot pussy drain is a real phenomena.

You need to move.

Most of the UK is the same. If only British guys would turn there backs on these eyesores and invade the rest of the world. I am always asking my mates here why they waste so much time on a bunch of ugly,smelly, man hating horrors. The roses are very few and far between.

Have to agree with CrashBangWallop on this one.
I used to live in London and worked out in Surrey and talent was obviously good in London, but also surprisingly good out in Surrey too.
Not many fatties and most women I met were pleasant and slim to medium build with quite attractive faces.
I haven't met many Northern lasses but the few I have have often been like you described, overweight, entitled and somewhat arrogant

I haven't been to Middlesborough, but I imagine CBW is right. I also believe that venue selection is really important here in the UK - often reading the UK posts I'll be shaking my head in disbelief because it's so opposite to my experiences, but then I realise that I could definitely go to clubs and bars where it would be more like what they describe.

Quote: (05-13-2015 07:20 AM)CrashBangWallop Wrote:  

This is just a guess, and a wild one, but I think the effect you describe is exacerbated by your location.

You live in one of the most deprived, depressing, post industrial, desolate cities in the country. I describe Boro as "the land that time forgot".

Brain drain and hot pussy drain is a real phenomena.

You need to move.

Yes, I actually think the same. Although I believe what I've said also applies to the rest of the UK to a large degree, the issues that you've mentioned (largely undereducated population, obesity levels, et.c.) do appear to assume more extreme proportions in these parts than in the rest of the country.

I live in Houston. Feel your pain.

Best thing for both of us to do.

MOVE!

Quote: (05-13-2015 09:44 AM)dalbroker Wrote:  

I live in Houston. Feel your pain.

Best thing for both of us to do.

MOVE!

Wise words. Take care, bro and all the best from England! From what I've heard about the dystopia that is the US dating scene, you guys need it. It sounds all too familiar to what I've described.

This article contains an overweight and obesity map for England, which shows that the northeast, where Middlesbrough is located, has more area colored with the darkest color than the average for the rest of the country. This darkest color means that more than 70% of the adult population above 16 was overweight or obese in 2012.

Middlesbrough shows a rate of "only" 68.4% back then.

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog...and-mapped

70%?!? Seriously 70? No f*cking way.

That is unbelievably high. What are you guys eating over there?

Quote: (05-13-2015 10:44 AM)The Beast1 Wrote:  

When I first estimated that at least 50% of the women here were fat, I assumed that I must be just being overly pessimistic until I did a straw poll of a 100 women on the street and found that 53% of them were, indeed, overweight.

It's a heavy load to carry if you're a guy here ...

delete

It is far more likely that there has been a change in your own perception or experience in the past 12 months rather than some dramatic societal shift.

I guarantee you there are plenty of guys in the UK who have gone on Linux or Fisto style runs in the past year.

English girls are notorious sluts, and there are plenty of people from every other country in the world in the UK as well.

"Me llaman el desaparecido
Que cuando llega ya se ha ido
Volando vengo, volando voy
Deprisa deprisa a rumbo perdido"

Quote: (05-13-2015 10:57 AM)VolandoVengoVolandoVoy Wrote:  

It is far more likely that there has been a change in your own perception or experience in the past 12 months rather than some dramatic societal shift.

I guarantee you there are plenty of guys in the UK who have gone on Linux or Fisto style runs in the past year.

English girls are notorious sluts, and there are plenty of people from every other country in the world in the UK as well.

This man has never been to Middlesborough!

Seriously though, the whole of the UK's economic model has pretty much been focused around 1sq mile in the City of London. The people working in The City tend to live in the south of England, where I am based. Round here, things are slightly better due to the greater affluence, at least with regards to the obesity problem. The North though really is pretty bleak, except where pockets of civilization have managed to remain. It is a real shame, because there are plenty of good, capable people up there, and beautiful countryside, but London pretty much sucks the life and beauty out of the rest of the country, and it's small enough as a country for that to be a reality.

Quote: (05-13-2015 11:25 AM)H1N1 Wrote:  

This man has never been to Middlesborough!

Seriously though, the whole of the UK's economic model has pretty much been focused around 1sq mile in the City of London. The people working in The City tend to live in the south of England, where I am based. Round here, things are slightly better due to the greater affluence, at least with regards to the obesity problem. The North though really is pretty bleak, except where pockets of civilization have managed to remain. It is a real shame, because there are plenty of good, capable people up there, and beautiful countryside, but London pretty much sucks the life and beauty out of the rest of the country, and it's small enough as a country for that to be a reality.

3rd tier rural backwaters of any country are going to suck.

If you lived in rural Tennessee and went day gaming at Wal Mart, you could make a post about how the USA was going down the shitter and there were no bangable women, but it wouldn't be accurate.

"Me llaman el desaparecido
Que cuando llega ya se ha ido
Volando vengo, volando voy
Deprisa deprisa a rumbo perdido"

I came to the UK without any bias or notion of regional differences and it took me only 2-3 weeks to observe people visiting London from northern parts of the UK tended to dress like shit and had zero standards in women (or if they were women they were either fat or acted like a grandma). They also complained that London was unfriendly non-stop. Meanwhile I was making friends without much difficulty and banging attractive girls.

Feldeinsamkeit...we are a similar age and yes my experience is similar but I feel the trend has been much longer than 12 months. As you know if you go to EE the response from women will be a lot more positive and I have personally written off UK women 5+ years ago. I am sure the 'glass half full brigade' will start hectoring on otherwise but its best to fish where the fish are in my opinion...god bless Ryanair [Image: smile.gif]

delete

I agree with CBW and Kieran, as I usually do on these kind of threads, For women in the age range the OP is looking for, I can't really suggest anything apart from perhaps wine bars in affluent suburbs, social circle etc.

However, again I need to stress - there are plenty of places in England where you'll find hot, slim, young, middle class English girls. Basically any decent to good university will have plenty living in that city*. Likewise, you'll have loads in the affluent areas of any major city. In regards to the OP, Middlesborough isn't exactly known for it's prosperity - BUT there are places nearby(ish) with sizable student populations and affluent parts. York and Harrogate spring to mind.

When I say middle class, I'm not necessarily referring to the super privileged girls, like Emma Watson, who spent their entire education from 4-18 in expensive fee-paying schools either. I'm talking like the rung below that. Explaining the classes and inter-classes within the UK is difficult at times! It is funny defending English girls on a forum like this though.

Sometimes I'm tempted to do a mass upload of pics of these seemingly mythical 'hot, middle class English girls' that I know, from various places in the country, just to show that they exist!

In my experience, girls who've maybe spent a couple of years at a fee paying school, for example perhaps at age 16-18, are a happy medium. Not as dependent on social circle as the really posh birds, but have at least some conservative values in regards to SJWs etc. That's not to say that many of them aren't slutty though.

In regards to SJW's...for example, a very hot girl, with that kind of 'sweet spot' background, who I know from Uni tweeted:

"I just don't think I could ever be friends with a fat person"

I told her I approved.

She also, this week tweeted:

"Looking, waiting, hoping for my Alpha"

She's an Elite Daily reader, so no surprises there.

* plenty of foreign girls at most universities too - Manchester's unis (including Salford) have a lot of EE and Oxford's have lots of French and non-EU. From my knowledge, at least.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Quote: (05-13-2015 10:44 AM)The Beast1 Wrote:  

If that show "You Are What You Eat" is accurate, the 4 food groups appear to be:

1) something from a chipper
2) doner kebabs
3) takeaways
4) ales & lagers

If only you knew how bad things really are.

This should be retitled: Populations of declining northern cities continue to have increases in obesity rates.

Pussy drain happens in every country - young hot women 6+ or West slim 5+ women move out as soon as possible and they flock to the big cities. Happens in every country - depending on where you are - faster or slower.