rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Police caught on camera laughing as they discuss why they arrested an innocent man

Police caught on camera laughing as they discuss why they arrested an innocent man

They pull the guy over, immediately ask him to step out of the car and put him in cuffs.

When asked why he's being arrested: "Because".

But the real kicker is at the end of the video, when the cops return to the empty car and don't realize they're being recorded.

“I don’t even know why we pulled him over… he keeps saying 'what’s the reason why you pulled me over'".

“Just put “Cocaine Test”.

“That’s what you put”.

*both laugh*

In the Youtube comments, the uploader said they eventually ticketed him with "obstruction of windshield" because he had an air freshener in the window.

And people wonder why I gave no fucks when those two nypd pigs got put down when they were just chilling in their car. They might have been 'good' cops, but they are complicit in the endemic misbehavior of the police apparatus trampling on civil rights. Virtually no cop goes against the 'blue code' so when retribution is made, no fucks are given by me.

Quote: (05-03-2015 01:57 AM)floor7 Wrote:  

And people wonder why I gave no fucks when those two nypd pigs got put down when they were just chilling in their car. They might have been 'good' cops, but they are complicit in the endemic misbehavior of the police apparatus trampling on civil rights. Virtually no cop goes against the 'blue code' so when retribution is made, no fucks are given by me.

Chilling, but understandable to think about it this way.

I'm the King of Beijing!

I heard there is an app that you can turn on that records, and it records straight to the internet so no one can delete the video if they pick the phone up.

I forgot what it was called.

But it makes me wonder if he used an app like this to record the video..otherwise.. why didnt the cops just delete the shit..or keep the phone too?

I am the cock carousel

^ iPhone's have the cloud backup functionality built-in I believe.

Also, some phones will let you record videos while the phone is locked. You can start and stop recording but you can't actually access the video or other contents of the phone.

Then there are the cases where the police delete the video but it just goes to a "recently deleted" photo, like the Recycle Bin on a PC, and can be recovered later.

So you'd like the USA to resemble Mexico, South America and Thailand? Where the police are a complete joke, rife with corruption but still have the power to cause your life to be a misery?

When the populace of a nation see's the police and military as their own enemy then it spirals into a cess pit of hate and death.

The only people who profit are the criminals.

So what's the alternative go1d? They're not going to stop until they're subjected under the laws they're meant to serve rather than over them.

I'm glad no one's outraged over the racial angle in this illegal arrest and search, and are properly focused on the fact it was an abuse of power instead.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18

What's needed to keep the police in line are reforms and changes in policy, not retaliation.

Eliminate arrest/ticket quotas
The police are stacked at road checkpoints and speed traps, arresting and ticketing drivers for minor infractions. Another method of funding police departments is needed, as quota policies increase tension and distrust among civilians, and waste resources that could otherwise be spent fighting real crime.

End drug war
This has been discussed here frequently but as a practical first step, decriminalize marijuana and small-scale distribution of other narcotics. This will reduce tension with police in poor neighborhoods, free up billions in funding (to compensate for the elimination of quotas), reduce gang-related crime, and slim down our overcrowded prisons.

Police accountability
Require cameras on all police officers and on all police vehicles, available to the local public (similar to Freedom of Information Act requests, but locally for efficiency). Fine or suspend police officers who arrest/stop civilians without directly stating the purpose of the arrest - this should be a serious ethical violation, not a problem that only comes to light on YouTube.

Stop militarization
Congressional oversight of the acquisition of military hardware, with checks and balances based on local public support/opinion.

"When the populace of a nation see's the police and military as their own enemy then it spirals into a cess pit of hate and death."

They may take matters into their own hands and become self reliant. Not ideal, but it's not the apocalypse that you imagine. People are resilient, and won't falter when the police stop holding their hand. It will depend on the quality of the people themselves.

You should use floor7 as a learning opportunity, instead of excoriating him. If you object to perspectives like floor7's, then you should be extremely anxious to see the police behave. When the police misbehave, people resent the cops. The reason cops don't immediately embrace reforms is because they think they can survive and thrive without them. They've been mostly right about that, but the tide may be turning - they may no longer get away with misconduct now. Already, you're seeing some police advocates take a more conciliatory approach.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/04/19/us/...?referrer=

Blick Mang, great list. Videotaping police is essential - and the release of the video must not be at the behest of the police.

Regarding the video, what app did he use? Vital info for teaching others how to record.

I guess if you want to see police misconduct truly addressed, and not turned into a racial brouhaha, you've got to hope the officer is black and the victim is white.

Quote: (05-03-2015 08:58 AM)Foolsgo1d Wrote:  

So you'd like the USA to resemble Mexico, South America and Thailand? Where the police are a complete joke, rife with corruption but still have the power to cause your life to be a misery?

When the populace of a nation see's the police and military as their own enemy then it spirals into a cess pit of hate and death.

The only people who profit are the criminals.

Why is it necessary to put words in his mouth for pointing out "...they are complicit in the endemic misbehavior of the police apparatus trampling on civil rights. Virtually no cop goes against the 'blue code' so when retribution is made, no fucks are given by me."

I'm in agreement. People on this forum make sweeping generalizations about women, and for good reason. We make sweeping generalizations about Islam and joke about how "it's a religion of peace." Yet anytime there's a post about police misconduct, there's reliably numerous rationalizations and justifications for their actions, along with the usual Not All Police Are Like That argument.

Suggesting a preference that the U.S. resemble a 3rd world country has no place in this argument, and noone has ever said anything about seeing the military as the enemy.

The fact of the matter is that we live in a police state, where officers are violating our constitutional rights on a daily basis. That you can somehow rationalize this behavior as "well, it's better than the alternative" is beyond me. Last I checked, we have legal rights to move freely within this country. Who knows why this guy was arrested, but we do know that he was pulled over for no reason whatsoever. I'd be happy if the driver would have blown their fucking brains out.

Edit: I agree with Blick Mang's suggestions, but to me that's just pie-in-the-sky talk. Good luck with all that.

Law enforcement is big business in the U.S. Billions of dollars are paid out so that we can have our war on drugs and needless traffic stops. With that much money at stake, Blick's reforms aren't as easy as pulling the plug.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

"That you can somehow rationalize this behavior as "well, it's better than the alternative" is beyond me."

Yeah, false dichotomy fallacy - the only options are what we have now and some corrupt third world kleptocracy style of government.

Also, I wonder if fat cops have less integrity than fit ones. I wouldn't draw that connection with average citizens, but I figure if you were truly committed to being the best cop you could be, you'd be committed to both integrity and physical fitness. A slacker cop could be fatter and less attentive to protocol. I don't know if there is a correlation, but it's definitely worth studying.

LAPD is getting cameras, although who knows if the damning ones will ever get out - http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me...tml#page=1

Quote:Quote:

Edit: I agree with Blick Mang's suggestions, but to me that's just pie-in-the-sky talk. Good luck with all that.

It's easier than you'd expect, since police departments are under local and state authority. Cynicism and skepticism towards national politics aside, the U.S. has a very reactive and efficient network of county and state governments. Just look at gay marriage or pot legalization as examples of how quickly state governments can influence culture and policy for the whole country.

The system isn't broken, people just have no idea how to take advantage of it and use it the way it was designed. In my opinion, it's a false investment of faith in the Federal system when the framework to fix the majority of our problems exists locally.

Two human beings got murdered solely because of their job title and you think they deserved it because of some wrong doings done by a select few of their co-workers?

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

Quote: (05-03-2015 12:39 PM)AntiTrace Wrote:  

Two human beings got murdered solely because of their job title and you think they deserved it because of some wrong doings done by a select few of their co-workers?
Do you tear up every time you read a story about Jihadists being killed?
Or are your bleeding heart sentiments selective only to cops?

I don't care about cops being killed for the same reasons I don't care about gangbangers being killed. Walk down a certain path in life of your own free will and you de facto become part of the problem, by virtue of at least being silently complicit to it.

So edgy.

Let me guess, you are one of those people who are against so called "riot shaming"? Is cold blooded murder a legitimate political statement to you?

I'm for body cameras, recordings and accountability. I avoid any interactions with police whenever possible. But I also know that if the pendulum swings too far the other way the US will no longer even be a good place to earn money, the only real thing it has going for it.

Have you ever personally seen a bouncer behave like this? I haven't. Yet we see videos of cops behaving like this all the time - and cops and their defenders try to convince us that it is imperative to their mission to act like this. Bouncers get far less training, and typically make less money. Bouncers want to minimize drama, cops want to "control the situation." As a bouncer, you want to get people in and out quickly without issue. If there's some guy you want out, you get him out and away from your venue, you don't continue to provoke and engage with him.

Despite being much less confrontational, bouncers are very successful at fulfilling their role of maintaining order. And whether you're a cop or a bouncer, the nature of your adversary may require that you resort to more extreme forms of violence. It's just that while bouncers almost always try to de-escalate a situation, cops often do the opposite - maybe to get an arrest and a conviction out of it. Why they often escalate, I don't know.

The worst you'll get from a bouncer is getting banned from the venue and slapped around a bit. From a cop, you're looking at tens of thousands of dollars in legal fees and possible imprisonment. You might even get slapped around despite not resisting. Or fabricated charges, as the OP's video shows.

For balance, here's a video of bouncers acting like thugs - it's notable as an exception that proves the rule. Bouncers usually act nothing like this, for the simple reason that it's bad for business. IIRC, the bouncers involved in this case had some shady backgrounds. Most bouncers I've dealt with are pretty professional, and are a lot slower to respond to provocation than police.

Quote: (05-03-2015 01:37 PM)Ziltoid Wrote:  

I don't care about cops being killed for the same reasons I don't care about gangbangers being killed. Walk down a certain path in life of your own free will and you de facto become part of the problem, by virtue of at least being silently complicit to it.

Nice strawman attempt with the Jihadist comment.

Take it down a notch there sparky. That was a question, not a "bleeding heart sentiment".

I was simply implying people do not deserve to die simply because of the actions of others. The fact that a post that implies otherwise gets 10+ likes makes me question the direction RVF readership is going.

Quote: (05-03-2015 02:55 PM)AntiTrace Wrote:  

Take it down a notch there sparky. That was a question, not a "bleeding heart sentiment".

I was simply implying people do not deserve to die simply because of the actions of others. The fact that a post that implies otherwise gets 10+ likes makes me question the direction RVF readership is going.
They're part of a system that leads to tons of citizens getting their asses kicked, imprisoned, or dying for no reason, so yeah, maybe they do deserve that frankly.

If there were tons of modern day Serpico's out there bravely coming forward to stand up for rule of law and stick up for individual rights, maybe I'd feel differently. Until then, couldn't care less about cops dying.

I've seen you white knighting for cops a lot in these sorts of threads. What gives? You have an uncle on the force or something dude?

Quote: (05-03-2015 03:05 PM)Ziltoid Wrote:  

Quote: (05-03-2015 02:55 PM)AntiTrace Wrote:  

They're part of a system that leads to tons of citizens getting their asses kicked, imprisoned, or dying for no reason, so yeah, maybe they do deserve that frankly.

If there were tons of modern day Serpico's out there bravely coming forward to stand up for rule of law and stick up for individual rights, maybe I'd feel differently. Until then, couldn't care less about cops dying.

I've seen you white knighting for cops a lot in these sorts of threads. What gives? You have an uncle on the force or something dude?

I'm white knighting for offering a counter argument? I've been called a misogynist for offering counter arguments as well. Maybe I'm both?

I'm a believer in logical thought as opposed to emotional sensationalism. You'll see me offer the counter-point to many popular one-sided beliefs. The cops in the video DESERVE to get fired, no doubt about that.

Heres an example of logical thought:

Heres an example of emotional sensationalism:

And people wonder why I gave no fucks when those two ____ ____ got put down when they were just chilling in their ____. They might have been 'good' ____, but they are complicit in the endemic misbehavior of the ____ ____ trampling on ____ ____. Virtually no ____ goes against the '____ ____' so when retribution is made, no fucks are given by me.

Applies to anything! Try it for yourself.

Quote: (05-03-2015 10:54 AM)Basil Ransom Wrote:  

"When the populace of a nation see's the police and military as their own enemy then it spirals into a cess pit of hate and death."

They may take matters into their own hands and become self reliant. Not ideal, but it's not the apocalypse that you imagine. People are resilient, and won't falter when the police stop holding their hand. It will depend on the quality of the people themselves.

Here's what that situation really looks like:

The rich hire mercs and the rest of the squalid, teeming masses are left to suffer at the hands of criminal gangs. Meanwhile, people who could invest and build things in the city to provide jobs don't do so because the security situation is completely fucked. So basically like parts of Chicago.

Pushing for more police accountability and reform is one thing, but I doubt a single one of you guys who agree with floor7 would last a day in the world you describe. Furthermore, the American west had citizens take law into their own hands when there were no cops out there. They were called vigilance committees and they had no checks and balances. If they wanted to kill someone for stealing something, they'd hang their ass. And if they accidentally mistook you for someone who committed a crime, well then that's too bad for you because you sure as shit wouldn't get a fair trial.

And all the widespread talk of cops violating civil rights is complete nonsense in most of the country. You can find and publicize the bad actions of historically thuggish big city departments (NYPD, Chicago PD, etc. etc.) all day long but that doesn't mean the same rot is systemic everywhere. This is a huge nation with thousands of law enforcement agencies and different cultures and rules within them depending on where you go, who's in charge, etc. etc.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18

Quote: (05-03-2015 03:18 PM)AntiTrace Wrote:  

There are so many ways to slice and dice statistics that you can say whatever you like without even lying - it would take hours and hours to see what exactly the figures in that video mean, and whether they support the arguments being made.

By contrast, videos like the OP's are pretty instructive. For every incident caught on tape, there are dozens or hundreds that aren't. The cops pictured are so complacent about it that it's logical to conclude these officers are pulling these stunts on a regular basis. Further, when actions like these do come to light (which on a percent basis is rare unless the cop killed someone), cops often get off with little to no punishment - which means there's little to deter them from doing it, so misconduct will be common.

All of that is a lot more logical than trusting national level statistics that are so scrubbed of circumstance as to be meaningless.

I think we need to remove the police's reason for being able to interact with the population for no reason: stupid quotas.

If the police didn't have to pull over dudes randomly and hand out bullshit tickets I think a lot of run-ins with the cops wouldn't happen anymore. I know that doesn't address their violent ways when they do interact with people, but I think it would be a step in the right direction.

The best way to deal with the cops is to be under the radar.

Lol @ floor7. Seriously, so you're cool with guys who had nothing to do with the violence getting popped by some "vigilante?" I find it ironic that people who complain about cop violence are calling for violence against the cops. What the fuck?

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

[quote] (05-03-2015 03:48 PM)Basil Ransom Wrote:  

[quote='AntiTrace' pid='1013117' dateline='1430684300']

There are so many ways to slice and dice statistics that you can say whatever you like without even lying - it would take hours and hours to see what exactly the figures in that video mean, and whether they support the arguments being made.

By contrast, videos like the OP's are pretty instructive. For every incident caught on tape, there are dozens or hundreds that aren't. The cops pictured are so complacent about it that it's logical to conclude these officers are pulling these stunts on a regular basis. Further, when actions like these do come to light (which on a percent basis is rare unless the cop killed someone), cops often get off with little to no punishment - which means there's little to deter them from doing it, so misconduct will be common.

All of that is a lot more logical than trusting national level statistics that are so scrubbed of circumstance as to be meaningless.[/quote]

Without a doubt. You know the old saying...90% of all statistics are made up.

But remember, for every video that is posted, there are also dozens or hundreds of legitimate stops or examples of good acts.

Yes cops do tend to get off with little to no punishment. That is an interesting topic in itself and I'm not sure where I stand on it. On one hand, you have to admit that they deserve some slight benefit of the doubt. If they worry to much about a small infraction costing them their job or putting them in jail, you don't have an effective police force. Cops are expected to deal with the worst of the worst situations, if you do that day in and day out your bound to fuck up somewhere. However, and a big however it is, is that this is an extremely dangerous way of thinking. What constitutes a small mishap that deserves a slap on the wrist today, could easily become the norm tomorrow. I'm not smart enough to believe I have the correct answer to that.

Overall, I think Black Ming hit the nail on the head.