rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Daredevil (2015 netflix series)

Just last night I downloaded season 1 of netflix's Daredevil series.
6 episodes in (watching while a monsoon rages outside) and I am thouroughly enjoying it.
It doesn't have all the bullshit from the 2003 movie, and it actually has ties with the cpt america, avengers, iron man, agents of shield, marvel universe movies/series. Not direct, but side jokes/brief mentions and the main story revolves around the nyc avengers aftermath (rebuilding the city).
Great series, like a big detective movie.

I haven't spotted 'red pill' stuff, nor beta, but that's not on my mind while watching, plus I'm not that observant.

edited for hyperlink.

"A stripper last night brought up "Rich Dad Poor Dad" when I mentioned, "Think and Grow Rich""

It's got Deborah Ann Woll. WB raw. Nuff said.

I'm looking forward to seeing this when I get my New TV and netflix finally. The lead character is Nucky's henchmen in season 3 of Boardwalk Empire.

Does he get the traditional suit this season?

4 episodes in & I'm enjoying it so far.

It's a lot darker than I was prepared for. Some of the kills are pretty brutal.

I think I read somewhere a few days ago that the suit comes together throughout the season. Murdock even mentions its a "work in progress" in ep 2 (from memory)

Rosario Dawson is looking fine also despite that Skrillex shit she's sporting (looks like it might be growing out after her role on Top Five). WB furiously.

Anyone else notice Deborah Ann Woll looks to have some pretty mean mole action on her neck etc? The face mole was always there but maybe they covered up the others in True Blood

[Image: Vis2b1T3XcUwM.gif]

Yeah the moles caught me off guard too, still, I'd buy her appetizers.

I didn't notice the skrill hair later, I think it grew out more, or my tv is too dark.

Netflix is damn killing it. The only other series I watched was marco polo, and the production value impressed me the most.
Gonna watch ep 7 now.

"A stripper last night brought up "Rich Dad Poor Dad" when I mentioned, "Think and Grow Rich""

I watched the first four episodes last night, loving it so far.

Quote: (04-11-2015 06:30 PM)kbell Wrote:  

Does he get the traditional suit this season?

(Minor spoiler below)

In the last episode from what I've read.

I watched it all, and it was pretty cool.

Also, she has lots of moles.

In one scene, she's in the shower, and she has a mole under her arm, by her armpit, and it's a really big one.

I'm not a fan of the moles, but the series itself is very well done.

I was looking forward to binge watching this on Friday, but after 3 episodes I said, "wow this really sucks. It's slow moving and it's stupid." I gave it one more episode, fell asleep during that and am writing this one off as shitty tv. Very disappointed.

And Deborah Ann Woll is annoying. Rosario Dawson is sexy though.

^^^^^^
How exactly is it bad? I think its pretty cool so far,

Its to bad Electra and ,Bullseye will not be in this season but besides that it seems pretty good.

"You either build or destroy,where you come from?"

Hey,

I have watched all 13 episodes and was impressed with every one of them. Daredevil as a character definitely suits a whole series arc rather than a 2 hour movie.

There are also hints of Electra and Bullseye (possibly one scene with him) through out the show.

Quote: (04-12-2015 09:33 AM)Avon Barksdale Wrote:  

^^^^^^
How exactly is it bad? I think its pretty cool so far,

Its to bad Electra and ,Bullseye will not be in this season but besides that it seems pretty good.

Slow, boring.

Charlie Cox doesn't have anywhere near the screen presence to carry a role like that. Not the gravitas and not the skill or gravitas to effectively illustrate either the firm vigilante resolution nor the inner conflict that according to the script his character is supposed to have.

His law partner, the fat guy, was an effective comedic foil for about 2 episodes then his whiny sarcastic self-deprecation is grating on the nerves.

All the bad guys (esp the Russians & the bad guy cops) are completely one-sided. In other Marvel things the bad guys have a fall from grace which makes them cool and provides the viewer with an understanding of their motivations, but the Russians and others are just stereotypical bad guys without redeeming qualities at all. Even Vincent D'onforio, who's usually pretty good, is one-sided and can't save the role as the criminal mastermind.

Again, slow...how many times do we have to witness Vincent D'onforio wooing the same woman over different dinners? How many times do we have to see the redhead office assistant sitting in the office hitting a fax machine to make it work?

The only cool parts were the fight scenes. But let's not forget the premise of a blind guy who's an expert fighter. He's scaling up walls and jumping from rooftop to rooftop like Spiderman, dodging bullets, throwing knives, etc. All of this provides massive incongruity which make the fight scenes - which would otherwise be enjoyable - completely farcical.

Two thumbs down.

Daredevil is likely one of the best series on superheroes at all - probably the best in life-format vs. cartoons.

It's a bit too slow at times and they could invest more in special effects especially since his visual 3D perception as Daredevil is impressive enough and can be done relatively cheaply there. But that is obviously an artistic decision the producers did not do.

Aside from that they stayed true to the story of an almost shy, silent character that he is who lives and fights in the shadows.

There is little propaganda in it and is way less stupid than Hollywood movies meaning that likely Marvel writers did it this time.

I did not like the Beta behavior of the Kingpin - Wilson Fisk. It still only took him 2 dates to get the woman, but in the comic series he is a much more impressive character. But on the other hand this is the beginning part and may be developing in the future.

What is up with beta fisk? He's already killing dudes over a girl he met 2 episodes ago. What gives?

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Omega Fisk is the worst part of the show. I hate the way he speaks where... he talks...like....this.

One thing that holds back shows based on source material is that they always have to find actors that look like the comic counterpart and it rarely works. J Jonah Jameson is Spiderman is about the only time it worked. In the case of Omega Fisk they failed on both fronts with a skinnyfat beta who can't act. Has no presence or charisma needed to play what he's trying to do. Minus him the series is a 9/10 ti me

Quote: (04-12-2015 01:04 PM)monster Wrote:  

The only cool parts were the fight scenes. But let's not forget the premise of a blind guy who's an expert fighter. He's scaling up walls and jumping from rooftop to rooftop like Spiderman, dodging bullets, throwing knives, etc. All of this provides massive incongruity which make the fight scenes - which would otherwise be enjoyable - completely farcical.

I had this thought too. I'm only two episodes in, and just finished watching the hallway scene which is hailed as a brutally epic one-take sequence.

And it was pretty cool to watch.

But I couldn't help but wonder how we as viewers are supposed to believe that a severely injured (nearly beaten to death) blind man was able to take down 6 or 7 dudes armed with knives and guns. I get that Murdock is supposed to be a superhero, but he doesn't have any superpowers other than his senses being heightened. He's supposed to be an expert fighter, but even a non-blind highly trained person (e.g., a Jason Bourne type) would not have been able to pull that off without the viewer calling bullshit.

Took a little too much suspension of disbelief for me.

I think James Gandolfini could have better a great Fisk. The guy playing fisk is alright in my book, but I find his nebbish way of speaking to be annoying.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

what's the quality of netflix films? I have amazon prime and I am entitled to netflix. I generally watch amazon prime films, the quality is high and I'm spoilt. If netflix is fuzzy, I can't co-sign it.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Quote: (04-18-2015 01:20 PM)Lucky Wrote:  

Quote: (04-12-2015 01:04 PM)monster Wrote:  

I had this thought too. I'm only two episodes in, and just finished watching the hallway scene which is hailed as a brutally epic one-take sequence.

And it was pretty cool to watch.

But I couldn't help but wonder how we as viewers are supposed to believe that a severely injured (nearly beaten to death) blind man was able to take down 6 or 7 dudes armed with knives and guns. I get that Murdock is supposed to be a superhero, but he doesn't have any superpowers other than his senses being heightened. He's supposed to be an expert fighter, but even a non-blind highly trained person (e.g., a Jason Bourne type) would not have been able to pull that off without the viewer calling bullshit.

As many flaws (most of them relating to Fisk, although I've always liked Vincent D'Onofrio) as I did end up feeling this otherwise mostly impressive show had, the blind guy superfighter was definitely not one of them. That's just part of the comic book presence.
And while I haven't read a Daredevil comic book for the last 30 years or so, I actually felt he came off as too weak and got his ass almost kicked by regular thugs too many times.
In the comic books doesn't this blind man swing and jump around the city almost as effortlessly as the superpowered Spider-Man?

Superheroes - even the ones with limited or no superpowers other than "peak physical condition and training" (Batman falls in that category too) - are supposed to be larger than life characters as far as I'm concerned, and part of the joy for me is to see them use those supposedly vastly superior skills to kick the crap out of henchmen by the dozens, and only really struggle with the "boss fights".

I'll post some more detailed thoughts later, but I saw this pic, and despite being an Arrow fan, I have to admit Daredevil Season 1 has put Arrow Season 3 to shame:

[Image: original.jpg]

I've only seen the first episode, but I thought it was awesome. Cannot wait to watch the rest of this series.

Quote: (04-18-2015 01:20 PM)Lucky Wrote:  

Superheroes expect a suspension of belief, but it was made a bit unclear. It's not only that his senses are heightened - he possesses a 3D perception making him able to effectively see in his back. Also his master Stick was no lowly blind martial artist, but he had plenty of supernatural powers and Daredevil certainly learned a few things from him.

Superheroes are of course unrealistic in many instances - not only power-wise. Their very existence would change and impact the world so much, that nothing would remain the same.... sports would be gone, law enforcement & military would be dramatically changed - either chaos or severe dictatorship would reign.

They partly examined that thought with Kingdom Come:

[Image: 2kingdomcome2.jpg]

It's nothing more than a fairytale, because a world where a few individuals have powers surpassing normal humans by a factor 1000+ is a world that would be much more of a shithole than it is by now:

[Image: 3217225-1a35dba6ee88f5a562f3c64467ec9539.jpg]

I'm watching this at the moment. There are several subtle red pill / hypergamy linked scenes in episode 5 (I believe).

Deborah's character Karen and Foggy went to the big law firm. Karen witnessed Foggy give the big tits dolled up female lawyer a verbal spanking, then learned that they used to date. Karen never noticed him sexually before, and suddenly she's now interested.

Karen and Foggy ended up on an impromptu date at the ghetto apartment. She brought up the female lawyer again, and appeared even more keen on him. Everything seemed set for Foggy to get some, but his dumb beta arse had to mention Murdock and his propensity to serially date hot girls for only a month or two at a time, and commented on how sad that is. Karen agreed, while looking down and averting his eyes, but you can see the hypergamy wheel turns. Moments later, she asked Foggy to close his eyes and touch her face, because she wanted to feel what it is liked to be touched by a blind person. Foggy's heart sunk like a stone.

And while googling this Deborah Ann Woll actress (no idea who she was) I found out that her current husband or fiancé is blind...

Quote: (04-18-2015 01:28 PM)Moma Wrote:  

what's the quality of netflix films? I have amazon prime and I am entitled to netflix. I generally watch amazon prime films, the quality is high and I'm spoilt. If netflix is fuzzy, I can't co-sign it.

By quality you mean streaming quality? I usually get full HD quality most of the times. A couple of times it's been buggy but 98% of the time it streams in crystal clear quality.

Quote: (04-18-2015 01:25 PM)Fortis Wrote:  

I think James Gandolfini could have better a great Fisk. The guy playing fisk is alright in my book, but I find his nebbish way of speaking to be annoying.

I just keep seeing Pvt pyle

Quote: (04-18-2015 10:51 PM)dark_g Wrote:  

Quote: (04-18-2015 01:25 PM)Fortis Wrote:  

I just keep seeing Pvt pyle

The Kingpin was written that way, but it's a hard role to pick if you want a somewhat famous actor. Essentially he is a fat strongman and there are hardly any actors out there who fit that bill - they are either fat or strong, but hardly ever both - tall, fat and strong is rather rare:

[Image: strongmanbelly.jpg]

[Image: daredevil-makes-peace-with-kingpin.jpg]